Kyle's Footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 14 May 2009 16:12

We should deff session again this saturday man. I plan to work on clipper stuff a lot. Should be fun. Also, Im looking into getting a pair of lavers soon... Not sure why... Lol. (Footbag shoes are lame, its all about wearing Monty Wards Womens Gym Shoes)

KBizzle
Shredalicious

Post by KBizzle » 16 May 2009 18:03

Had another session today. Nothing special, mainly worked on butterflys and clipper stuff. I managed to hit a couple left side illusions mid-string today which was pretty satisfying, even though the right side is still terrible.

I also realized today that my right knee bends inward, when doing tricks and when just standing. My left one seems to be fine, though. I think thats the reason my right side fairys are good but the left side sucks and its why when I toe set anything on my right side the bag sometimes comes up and hits my kneecap or strays to the right side of my body. When I concentrated hard on setting the bag straight up without bending my knee inward it seemed to be fine, but its going to take a while for that to become second nature. Not sure why it does this, or why I've never noticed this before :(
--Kyle Balcerski--

KBizzle
Shredalicious

Post by KBizzle » 19 Jun 2009 18:11

Had a shitty session last week. Felt like shit. Played like shit. I couldn't hit some very basic stuff that I can usually do 99% of the time.

Hopefully tomorrow's session will be muchh better.
--Kyle Balcerski--

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 20 Jun 2009 13:15

Hey I noticed you're from Forked River NJ. I have a shore house down there so I'll probably be down once or twice this summer. How's the shred scene around there?
Doug Tank

KBizzle
Shredalicious

Post by KBizzle » 20 Jun 2009 16:21

It's mainly me and Jordan. We play just about every Saturday, but now that its summer theres gonna be more time for footbag. You should message either me or Jordan when you're down here so we can shred :)
--Kyle Balcerski--

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 20 Jun 2009 17:08

todays session was "bleh" due to the rain...

soon!

we will have another session with perfect weather. Even though thats probably only happened once. lol!!!

g00d33
Egyptian Footgod

Post by g00d33 » 20 Jun 2009 17:54

kyle and jordan, are you guys planning on coming to the tournament in NYC this upcoming weekend?
John Goode

KBizzle
Shredalicious

Post by KBizzle » 03 Aug 2009 14:54

Haven't posted in a while. I haven't really been playing much. I had the first session with Jordan today in a long time. I've had a lot of other things going on that kind of put footbag at the end of my priorities list. Today was pretty nice. I hit a few things I've never hit, but when Jordan came up with a game to try to hit 100 tiltless in five runs I realized how shitty my strings and consistency really are. I think in all my attempts my longest string was like 10 tiltless. I couldn't think of anything to do after I hit all the tricks I wanted to do. I think that when the summer is over I'll have a ton more time to work on my weak points. But until then, my game is gone stay pretty bad with almost no time to play.

Highlights:

:arrow: Osis>ss Clipper>rpt.

:arrow: Ripwalk! (really big for me even though it wasn't really something I even wanted to do)

:arrow: Clipper>ss Mirage>rpt. for quite a few contacts
--Kyle Balcerski--

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 03 Aug 2009 16:32

Drills..

:arrow: Mirage>SS Mirage>rpt

:arrow: Mirage>Legover>rpt

:arrow: Clipper>op Clipper>rpt

:arrow: Tri-Force Drill Till you feel those clippers are solid.

maverick-morley
Shredaholic

Post by maverick-morley » 08 Aug 2009 12:06

he man i was reading your blog, how is it you picked up a footbag and stright away your popping out osis?

and your nearly able to land 5 adds but you said illusion i think you said it was, that you coulnd land for shit?!?!?!

seems lil odd.

arnt you supposed to get your tiltless tricks solid etc before you go on. good foundation and all that?!
Mav

KBizzle
Shredalicious

Post by KBizzle » 08 Aug 2009 16:36

Yeah you're right, you should start with the basics and keep doing them until you have them down. I, however, didn't do that.
--Kyle Balcerski--

maverick-morley
Shredaholic

Post by maverick-morley » 09 Aug 2009 04:33

hahah nice well sounds like it worked for you so good on you.

i rather looking forward to doing tricks like that. hopefully come in time.

nice to read your progress! :wink:
Mav

KBizzle
Shredalicious

Post by KBizzle » 09 Aug 2009 07:17

I'd hardly say it worked for me. I can do a couple tricks that are fairly complicated, but my string length and consistency are so bad that I can't hold a long string of only tiltless tricks.
--Kyle Balcerski--

PoisonTaffy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by PoisonTaffy » 09 Aug 2009 07:24

:arrow: Legover->legover x 200. If you drop, pick it up and continue. Don't rest!
"Childhood is short, immaturity is forever"

Roy Klein