Swizzle's progress....

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 23 Apr 2010 19:24

Cory Allen
My Footblog

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 16 May 2010 16:51

Hey, Been playing off an on, Did about 3-4 minutes of alternating clippers, well over a hundred - on Friday. Played for a quick 45 minutes on some drills because i couldn't resist the urge of just playing and accomplishing something.

Overall what i've noticed.
A. Footbag takes time. And so much time. More time than i expected for sure. Things i can do 1 day. I'm not gonna be able to do the next. Things i couldnt do the same day. I can probably get closer at the next. Tis strange.

B. Getting better at both sides = getting better overall and with strong side. I can tell my left toe stall is all fucked up. Same with my balance on my right clipper. Not quite sure what exactly it is. But i noticed its getting better because my whole game shot up today. I felt in control more than ever and could keep to Way close to my body. It felt amazing, i had never done anything like that before. Tiny controlled ripwalks.

C. i noticed my potiential. I saw Norek do a Sick ass barfly swirl on a Zoska.pl video. Tried a double overdown swirl and i almost had it. It felt natural and quick and painless. I probably will be hitting some pretty insane stuff in 3-4 years for sure. As long as i keep playing, which i intend too at the moment.

i guess thats it. thanks for reading
`Cory
Cory Allen
My Footblog

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 31 May 2010 22:58

I just read through your blog man. Really solid development, honestly.

Are you considering going to the World Championships this summer?

If so, it may very well prove to be the best week of your life.

See you there. :)
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 01 Jun 2010 04:07

Hey, thanks for posting as well as the compliment Kevin. I've been needing to update this again. As for the tournaments, i am going to Worlds and NYJ '10 in Chicago. Those two are for sure. Although i still need a room at worlds or more people to make a room.

As far as playing goes. HOW COME NO ONE TOLD ME ARMS ARE SO IMPORTANT.. lol. flip side became SO much easier when i payed more attention to my arms and shoulders. Also i recently figured out that just Holding a Cross body sole stall will up your balance, making swirls easier for beginners. This was the way I approached it on my flip side. Doing tons better flip side overall. flip toe is doing better, (flip toe is such a bitch) concentrating on toe stalls when i can hit tripple dex's. :x

Neat stuff i've hit.
[x] 3-4 minutes of clippers. I think it was probably over 200, not for sure, ***alternating clippers
[x] dim walk, ducking butterfly, stepping legover, RPT
[x] dim walk, double legover, pixie legover RPT
[x] about 16 or mby more ripwalks

No camera these days, reformatted PC and not gonna install the software for it, new camera or no camera. so for now, no camera. Also, I'm damn close to a fearless run. Fog < Phoenix < merlin.. or Phoenix, ps whirl, spinning pdx whirl.. Both were close... But i really can't spin still. so frustrating.. :P

cya
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 20 Jun 2010 12:40

19 Days since last post, Hit my first 555 or fearless drill in chicago. Fog < Phoenix < Ps Whirl. Definitely glad i was able to make it up there for a weekend. Met a bunch of people too.

I Was sick for the past 5 days so i haven't played to much.

Since my last post i had been working on flip side Everything, Mainly clipper and toe stall. But i even figured out stepping, atomic and dialed down pixie a little more. Able to hit blurry whirl both sides, Atom smasher both sides and Smog both sides. some pretty sweet stuff. Also i figured out quantum set, but i managed to figure it out both sided. One from just a to set, and my flip side after a bubba was easiest. Still not strong either way, but i happened to do quantum ducking floor stall in socks yesterday.. it surprised the hell out of me.

No camera still, and I don't think i will enter the world of whirls and barfly's just quiet yet. I'm probably gonna work on some basic spinning and other fundamentals and put together an intermediate routine for worlds
my plane ticket is booked already,
hell yes.
~cory
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Reid
Norwegian Water Beast

Post by Reid » 20 Jun 2010 18:01

Hey man keep working. You are going to be really good.
"...You have to get, really, practice, like eight hours every day. Then you get good level and then you can compete....There is no money, so players are like big family and that is what I -like" -Vasek-

Reid Strellner

Psilocybe
Fearless

Post by Psilocybe » 20 Jun 2010 18:39

Hey man, just found your blog. I kicked with you quite a bit during NYJ. When you hit that swirling whirl I knew you'd be really good, and you've already progressed a ton since. Cya next time.

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 01 Jul 2010 20:31

lol thanks Psilocybe, ill be at NYJ again this year, what was your name?

Update on shredding. I've been playing in socks for the past week. and it seems to have helped. I gotta be more exact and i can pay attention to detail since I'm mainly doing little stuff because its more difficult. Haven't played with shoes but i ordered a Sony Camcorder which is SUPPOSED to be here tomorrow (High Def too :D) Who knows if it will show. If it does i'll most likely post a run in socks or maybe shoes. probably socks.

Signed up for intermediate routine and will open challenge thread back up after worlds. (gotta figure out a routine. still don't have a song :?

worlds is gonna be so sick.
Cory Allen
My Footblog

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 02 Jul 2010 06:24

8) people are gonna love you at worlds, dude. hope you have a blast!
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 11 Jul 2010 06:59

Thanks holly,

I've been thinking, Maybe i won't get as good as all you people think i'm supposed to get. I mean, I've only been playing for 15 months. But i'm not gonna be a Penske or Clavens in 2-3 more years. Even if i play a lot.

I was in a guitar hero 3 league (i know super gay right).. My friend is really good and owns the game, i don't even own nor have an Xbox. And i used to be really good. So we signed up... Well, I apparently didn't loose my touch. We have 100%'ed every song given to us for the league, And the last night i did this (video). And that blew my mind. I made many stupid mistakes but seriously, it's still insane.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQSY0eMOvqg[/youtube]

hopefully i can progress like this in footbag. :?
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 11 Jul 2010 08:54

It's hard to see your own footbag progress, I know, but in two months you'll look back at the video we made in March and you'll be like "wtf, I sucked!"

Actually, you would probably say that now. You're improving quickly, promise.

I remember you telling me about that GH video you had on youtube with all of those views, so I watched it last night. You're crazy man.
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

WyrmFyre
Fearless

Post by WyrmFyre » 11 Jul 2010 09:38

Dont worry about the future, be proud of what youve achieved now. I know I would be if i was you.
Ian Cozens
My FootBlog :: PureShred

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 15 Jul 2010 01:15

holy fuckin shit that's insane GH3.
you can be as good as you want - you can spin around a 720 in the beach water and not all over. skillz.

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 15 Jul 2010 07:20

lmfao tom, 720 in the beach water and not fall over.. I think i learned that from trampoline. Jump, triple spin real fast. I kept doing that. Then i tried Jump, Double spin < Double spin < ect..
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 18 Jul 2010 15:58

EDIT: This post was myself expressing anger towards the fact i could not hit paradox mirage 50% of the time. :(
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 29 Jul 2010 17:43

Worlds in 36 hours - probably the most excited I've ever been towards footbag. I got off work tonight at 7:30 and realized that this was it... I had to pack tomorrow and spend the day doing nothing. That my vacation has already started, and that I would be going to Oakland for a week for what seemed to be tomorrow. Just one day. Two nights. But one day. :)

I Hit double blender last Saturday. Two new people emailed already because I had made a club on Footbag.org for the St. Louis Area. That too has given me motivation to play. Last Sunday I played the best in my life, hitting flip side stepping very similar to strong side, and double-ing drills i used to think were difficult. Or combining two. I Didn't play too well last night, and my routine is very weak. I never had the motivation to actually nail it. I suppose I'll start working at it now. I don't expect to make it dropless at worlds. I may have been able to keep it dropless if I enjoyed routines more to be honest - I'm keeping it rather simple. I love circle shredding and hitting new anything, drills/moves ect. I like challenges. Unfortunately my dad always said this lame ass thing, "there's always an Allen in challenge." (my last name) What a fucking goof am i tellin' you, right? I think he's right... :?
Last edited by Swizzle on 17 Aug 2010 07:37, edited 2 times in total.
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 17 Aug 2010 07:35

Just got another person to footbag. My co-worker. Hell yes. That means two new people that seems somewhat serious. =D

Playing wise, Working on basics. 100 contact drills. Other than that. I hit Ripped Warrior < Ripwalk. Not much else special. Taking a week break. It'll be good for me
Cory Allen
My Footblog

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 17 Aug 2010 11:09

Dio
BSOS Beast

Post by Dio » 28 Aug 2010 06:03

Swizzle wrote:Just got another person to footbag. My co-worker. Hell yes.
That's awesome dude, I still haven't been able to get someone else interested in playing on a regular basis :/

Are you back to playing now? I'm taking a small break for a while too I think, when I move back into school. When do you start class?

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 28 Aug 2010 15:47

Ha, Yeah, i've been playing like crazy, but also doing flips.. I gonna try and edit a trampoline video soon.. I met some people who do Parkour, martial arts, and other gymastic type stuff and i am picking up a little of that right now. Went to an open gym couple days ago.. Its a lot of fun.. but i am more sore than EVER lmao...

Class started on the 23rd.. 1 week gone.. school is giving me a reason to stop destroying my body with stuff.. kinda lucky about that... lol... I think people get started when they realize its a lot of fun... so just have fun with it :wink:

Also as i was saying about the parkour- one kid is Damn good. He's got 17 THOUSAND subscribers on youtube. AND he just posted a video of me footbaging. 1000 hits in a day i guess? damn dude.. crazy..

My friend got nervous.. Lol, i didn't do to bad..
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhA437Clrxo[/youtube]

And yes, we play near a bunch of hippies in a drum circle. Its fun. :D
Cory Allen
My Footblog