Queens Footbag Club - Kickass Cometh!

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
abstract
Fearless

Queens Footbag Club - Kickass Cometh!

Post by abstract » 29 Sep 2009 09:15

new blog-o for on-campus shenanigans, reflections, gatherings, bar mitzvahs, whatever.

Weekly Club Meeting:

Sundays @ 2.30pm until legs cease to function.

Locale: JDUC, outside Union St exit if weather is nice, otherwise downstairs inside near the AMS office.

Feel free to post here if you're looking for a session mid-week, we have many active players who play regularly.

El Presidente: Dante Diotallevi
Last edited by abstract on 03 Sep 2010 06:48, edited 3 times in total.
greg raymond, kingston

FB: Rocker Holliday

"What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into an icy river to save a solid gold baby? Maybe we'll never know." - Jack Handey

Dio
BSOS Beast

Post by Dio » 30 Sep 2009 20:28

Thanks for the topic G BABY

This is where shreds are planned, questions are asked, and other players are met. This is also where you can brag about the tricks you're hitting 8)

abstract
Fearless

Post by abstract » 05 Oct 2009 11:55

good shred on sunday.

as we move into winter, we could probably legitimately book the rooms in JDUC for footbag club meetings.

i really like that spot by the AMS, but so much traffic rolls through there that once we're dealing with rain & snow those floors get super nast.

shred tonight?
greg raymond, kingston

"What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into an icy river to save a solid gold baby? Maybe we'll never know." - Jack Handey

abstract
Fearless

Post by abstract » 08 Oct 2009 09:04

thursday night shred with the juggling club. old school.

Cam, one of the new players, hit 71 toe stalls, breaking his previous record of 24. He also hit the "Cam Sandwich", which is like a perpendicular pendulum that swings across the front of the body instead of from front to back.

Will is busting in Quantums now, as is Dante. Will hit Hopover for the first time, he's learning new tricks every session.

Dante will be super crazy if he keeps up this pace of training / improvement. Massive trick selection & solid dedication to drilling.

fun session. more to come!
greg raymond, kingston

Dio
BSOS Beast

Post by Dio » 10 Oct 2009 17:54

Hope everyone's having a great Thanksgiving weekend - see if you can find an old hacky sack lying around your house and kick for a while! For those borrowing my bags, try and find some time to shred!

Next Club meeting will be on Sunday the 18th but we will most likely be playing during the week as well. Text me if you want to meet up earlier.

I had a great session today, drilling whirls still. I can also hit 100+ clippers consec on demand now which makes me :D

cameron.downs
Circle Kicker

Post by cameron.downs » 12 Oct 2009 10:29

Cam's back in Kingston! Let the shredding begin.

Dio
BSOS Beast

Post by Dio » 26 Oct 2009 17:58

Been playing solo when I can - midterms are tough for everyone right now so that limits our play time.

Had a good session today with Will and Cam.

Cam hit his Cam-Sandwich -> Mirage as well as 2 toe ducks!

Will hit osis multiple times and is very close to hitting ducking clipper. He hit one toe ducking clipper!

I've been drilling symposium whirls on both sides. Tonight I hit my first blurry ps whirl and ducking ps whirl! Also hit flail->toe symp whirl and ripwalk->whirr a few times.

We're planning a routine to perform on November 15th for a talent show our residence's floor is holding. More updates to come!

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 30 Nov 2009 07:39

Whoa, this thread is a trip!!

Love that there is still footbag going on in Kingston!

Are John Bagi and Derrick Ogden still around?

And interestingly, the name you have for this new club was what I called the footbag club when I first made it a ratified Queen's club like 6 years ago, the name Kingston Footbag Militia came shortly after.

Go footbag in Kingston!
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

Dio
BSOS Beast

Post by Dio » 03 Dec 2009 12:11

mosher wrote:Whoa, this thread is a trip!!

Love that there is still footbag going on in Kingston!

Are John Bagi and Derrick Ogden still around?

And interestingly, the name you have for this new club was what I called the footbag club when I first made it a ratified Queen's club like 6 years ago, the name Kingston Footbag Militia came shortly after.

Go footbag in Kingston!
You bet Tom, John, Greg and I shred at least once a week, more in good weather. I'm at Queen's too and ratified the club! I haven't met Derrick though...

footbagi
BSOS Beast

Post by footbagi » 06 Dec 2009 13:47

This club is well oiled. All of the players and there components are fully lubed up. For that I am going to have to give props to Dante. Even though he's busy with school he's still managed to put this together and even managed to recruit new players. Since when are there new players in Kingston Ontario? It's all happened so fast and I glad it's here. On top of that we've (I don't even go to Queens U.) been given a brand new GAJILLION $$ sports plex that took like, almost a decade to build. It's called the A.R.C.. Thanks Queens U. We will now take advantage of you, big time.

A.R.C. = Always. Ready. for Circle.

I've found myself at yet another high in the realm of footbag.

If your reading this PLEASE don't be shy. Give our crew a shout out, props, ask for trick requests, and egg us on!!!!!
First think about how to practice or don't bother practicing.

John Bagi

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 06 Dec 2009 14:50

KFM rules! I hope I can play with you guys sometime soon!

Let's have some technical updates from the club members so we know what to request!

Matt
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

abstract
Fearless

Post by abstract » 28 Dec 2009 09:23

sick!

yes, we will be picking it up again big time in the new year!

the new ARC is so dope. complete with non-essential ID scanners.

i really want to work on double downs of all varieties & illusion tricks for the next few months. for sets i will work on fairy, atomic & stepping.

post your tentative goals, gents!
greg raymond, kingston

Dio
BSOS Beast

Post by Dio » 31 Dec 2009 16:38

I need to drill my flipside, mostly pdx whirls, spinning and toe sets. Also developing toe dexes both sides, getting lots of DATW, double over down, and some reapers. Still working towards 50 consec whirls, both sides are SO close though! I'm feeling great about my illusions, pixies, stepping and symp tricks.

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 01 Jan 2010 18:14

Kickass 3?
:wink:

I'd come.
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 02 Jan 2010 16:31

I am feeling like visiting Kingston soon.

John, I expect a couch or something! :D

Let's go to Woodenheads after shred!
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

Dio
BSOS Beast

Post by Dio » 04 Jan 2010 18:37

can't....wait....to....play footbag

abstract
Fearless

Post by abstract » 06 Jan 2010 04:40

you back dio?

m'da f'kn f'tb'g.
greg raymond, kingston

Dio
BSOS Beast

Post by Dio » 14 Jan 2010 07:44

I'm back, let's shred!!

Dio
BSOS Beast

Post by Dio » 18 Jan 2010 19:33

Sick reunion shred tonight at the ARC, I hit 3 new tricks: my flipside paradon, my strongside barfly and high-plains drifter. I also had one great run hitting bsos blurry whirl and bsos reaper. Greg was going MAD with spinning duckings and just spinning in general! Time to get back on a regular "shred"ule...

abstract
Fearless

Post by abstract » 19 Jan 2010 09:19

that was fun ) dio's a mad man. that reaper / blurry whirl string was nutty.

shred tonite. don't think i'll last 2.5 hours again but puuuuush it!
greg raymond, kingston