Nick "Houdini" Polini

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Add Block
BSOS Beast

Re: Nick Polini: Operation: DCT (Do Cool Tricks)

Post by Add Block » 05 Oct 2014 02:24

Oh yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, triple dexes :twisted:

Well done, I love it. You look like you'd be good at Flux and Grifters. I'm guessing you're already good at the first one, but I couldn't spot one.
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 05 Oct 2014 21:12

Yo, thanks a lot Nathan :) I can do Fluxes and Grifters, but yes, you guessed correctly. Fluxes are so much better than my Grifters. Also, glad you enjoyed it. I like providing the entertainment for people to watch my videos, because I've always loved watching other good players' videos. Now that it seems I'm finally at a respectable level (where people can watch my videos without turning them off 1 minute into them), I really enjoy providing them to the community, even if no one gives feedback. I think the coolest part about footbag is that you can create your own individual style from scratch and it kind of reflects your personality in some ways. I took some ideas from other players, of course, but I think I've started to develop a pretty fun-to-watch style that I can call my own. Not trying to sound cocky about this, but I've always wanted to have an entertaining style and judging from the comments and private messages, I think I'm finally there. I have a long way to go still, but I'm loving this footbag adventure I embarked on many years ago!

Tonight, I had a session with New Guy Jon (from PSU Berks... mentioned him before), Jeremy Mellor, and Corey Corey Corey "Snackmaster" Hahalollis. Everyone seemed to have a pretty good session.

Jon hadn't practiced a ton since last session, but he was hitting some newer stuff and old stuff with some more consistency. New trick for him today was Hopover on strong side, footed it flipside but collapsed afterward. He'll get it soon. He said he's gonna practice more this week.

Jeremy was pretty on point tonight. His tiltless runs were so controlled. He's making a come back, I can tell. I just want to help him keep his legs safe this time. Also hitting Guiltless toe shuffle links with Fairy and Pixies.

Corey Corey Corey was hammering them out tonight. Lots of BOPpy runs with good filler. Saw him hit some stuff that he should be blogging about soon, so I won't ruin it for him.

I also played pretty well. A little burnt out from yesterday's session, but I was pleased with what I hit.

Highlights:

:arrow: New Fearless link: "Alright, I'm gonna do 3 cool tricks now..." Jacknife> Ripped Warrior> Spikehammer> string
:arrow: Whirling Popping op Butter bs (really wanna start using Whirl Pops in my game now. They're much more consistent now than they were when I first started messing with them, around this time last year. Whirling Popping needs a freaking name, because I don't want to call it that long name anymore. I'm going to name it for my own use. I don't care if it's not "official". If it catches on, it catches on. If not, well, I'm still going to use it. And yes, I know it's 2 separate tricks, but it feels like 1 complex set. I'll think about this until I think of a cool name.
:arrow: Pdx Blink> Far Blink (BSOS) (felt so controlled and crisp)
:arrow: New Fearless link: Scorpion's Tail> Mobius (both sides) New on flipside.. wanted that for quite some time now. Hell yes. Very happy about this one.
:arrow: Fairy op Muted Reverse Swirl (Whatup, Evan?) one side :P Gotta get my flip Far Rev Swirl a little stronger and then I think I can nail it on flipside.
:arrow: Had this absolutely gnarly Blink-themed string with like almost every Blink I can do... Pdx Blink (BSOS), Toe Far Blink (BSOS), Toe ss Blink (BSOS), Clipper ss Blink (BSOS), Gyro Blink (BSOS), Ducking Pdx Blink (one side.. dropped on trying flip) Really fun string. I love Blinks. Who invented it? I should write them a letter and send them a nice hat.
:arrow: Toe Far Swirling Monster (both sides... much easier now)
:arrow: Ender: Pdx Blink> Toe ss Symposium Blink bs

(Left to right) Me, Corey, Jeremy (Jon left before the pic was taken)

So if there's one thing I want to do now, it's get much much much better at Far Reverse Swirl/Far Blink stuff. I think that looks so frickin cool. Probably a new favorite concept. I worked so hard at Blinks, and it's so nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel with them. It took so much hard work to put into learning them... mental hard work and physical hard work... but finally. They're feeling so slick. It's such a pepper trick. Boring run? Do some Blinks and pepper it up!

Anyway, that's all I have tonight. Really pleased with how I've been playing. But, thats what it is.. I have been playing.. I need to get back to drilling again. This week. Here we go...

Good night.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 06 Oct 2014 04:39

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic wrote:Y

:arrow: Whirling Popping op Butter bs (really wanna start using Whirl Pops in my game now. They're much more consistent now than they were when I first started messing with them, around this time last year. Whirling Popping needs a freaking name,
You mean bevclickety?

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 06 Oct 2014 06:40

Ken: no, bevclickity is whirling cloud kicking. Popping is cloud kick stepping/pixie... I'm thinking about calling the whole thing "Puzzling" set, because people are generally confused when I do it.
Nick Polini

Funblog

krustykrakk
BSOS Beast

Post by krustykrakk » 06 Oct 2014 14:16

You did ALL the blink tricks...except far far blink :(
Benjamin J. Babyak

I kick, therefore I am.

Did ya look at it?

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 06 Oct 2014 20:18

Haha Ben, I thought about Far Far Blink tonight actually! I think it's too much of a stretch to try it right now, but in the future, once I get really really great at Pdx Blinks, I think it will be there.

Session tonight went nicely. You know a session went well when you come in from it, get some ice water and your tongue is so dry that it sticks to the ice and you freak out, pul it off and it starts gushing blood :P *The following image is intended for mature audiences only and should not be viewed if you pass out at the sight of blood* BLOOD TONGUE

My tongue is killing right now. Wont do that again. Lets just get right to the session highlights, shall we?

Highlights:

:arrow: Infinity Swirl b2b (second time I've hit that. Lots easier this time)
:arrow: Some ok Furious sets (both sides). I mentally understand them now! Just a few more sessions.
:arrow: Phase (both sides)
:arrow: New trick: Swirling Far Muted Osis (both sides, then BSOS) I like this one
:arrow: Swirling Legover (BSOS) Getting easier :D
:arrow: Toe ss Blink x5 (both sides.. new record for each)
:arrow: Mirage> Toe Blur 5x both sides
:arrow: Pdx Mirage> Toe Blur 5x both sides
:arrow: Swirling Drifter (both sides.. new on flip)
:arrow: Toe ss Blink> ss Reverse Swirl> Blink> ss Blink (both sides) it's fun to just play with the bag on one side like this.

I messed with one thing this whole session. Crank. Cranked my ankles during dexy tricks, like Drifters, Whirls, Blenders, Dynos, etc.. I never actually CRANK while dexing. I think this helps a ton. However, I need to work on my flipside's crank. The crank is good, but the strength is low. Will work on this.

Also, I realized that Hopovers & Reverse Hopovers are still fucking sick.. No one does them because they're a 2 ADD? They've been so good to me when I was first playing. I'm taking them back up. I've missed them. I haven't done them in strings in over 3 years I think. Jeez. Time for a come back.

One more thing.. took a player, who shall not be named, under my wing tonight. He lives far away, but I see so much potential in him. I'm going to coach him into an Open level player, just like Anssi did for me.

I think that's about it.

Good night, all.
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 08 Oct 2014 15:57

Hi, all the people looking at the page of internet right now.

This is be a post that is not long.

I have had the good session of practicing things for practice's sake.

It was on ground and I made my legs do fun circles. My legs say, "Thanks, Nick *emojicon smiley face smiley face smiley face* We are happy and made a lot of circle today."

Thanks, Legs. Your guys are great. Cool that you don't hurt anymore.

Dear Ankle, Why did a Pdx Whirl make you get another minor injured? It's not bad, but I'm not a fan, sam I am. Ok, here's a good time.

Heimlichs:

:arrow: Ripstein> Dyno *rpt
:arrow: Pdx Blender> Pdx Torque bs (Thanks for the inspired inspiration, Adorm Geernwod)
:arrow: Atomsmacker> Toe Burl bs
:arrow: Pdx Reverse Swirl> Gyro Reverse Swirl bs
:arrow: Pdx Blink> Toe Burl bs
:arrow: Perdodox Whirl x10 and then Señor El Ankle took a dip. Not a bad injured, I think. Minor. No bagtag tomorrow.

Ted Fritsch called me?
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 09 Oct 2014 17:46

"Puzzling" is a dumb name for Bevclickity Stepping sets.. I'm going to call them "William Shatnering" sets.

Hi! Wow! Whoa! Ricky Moran is sick. I've been watching a lot of his footage today. Never really saw anything by him until today. Such good style. Man, I hope I get to kick with him eventually. He's in jail right now, but he's apparently cleaned up his act and wants to start shredding once he's out in a year and a half. The dude hit Vortex both sides in prison shoes! ha! Too good.

So yeah, I dedicated this session to Ricky Moran. Copied some of the links straight from his video, and some of them I just made up. Some aren't tributes to him, but you can tell which ones are if you know his game.

Highlights:

:arrow: Vortex> Pdx Blink BSOS
:arrow: Pixie Legover> Symp Mirage *rpt (not exactly for Ricky, but he did inspire me to do more Symp Mirages.. I never do them, but I can, so why don't I start?)
:arrow: Phoenix> Spinning Whirl bs
:arrow: Tomahawk> Spinning Whirl bs (first Flip Tomahawk linked Fearlessly)
:arrow: Gyro Whirl x3 (new PR)
:arrow: Blender> Pdx Blender bs, Blender> Pdx Whirl bs, Pdx Whirl> Pdx Blender bs
:arrow: Twirl> Pdx Twirl bs
:arrow: Some awesome runs pushing 30-50 with buttchucks of variety... and I'm finally using Illusions and Symp Mirages and they feel so natural!.. that, alone, is a big milestone for me.

I'm now at the point where pushing 20 contacts isn't hard if I don't do stupid fancy big tricks right off the bat. I'd really like to work it up to people being able to say, "Polini eats 50 contacts runs for breakfast".

By the way, I am confident to say that my Pdx Whirls are no longer 'the'. I found the sweet spot and I wish more people knew about it. It makes for super easy Pdx Whirls. I pushed my record to a few more tonight. 50 b2b (2014 goal) will come in due time.

I can't wait for the next few months. There is basically a really sick jam to look forward to at during every month until the new year. I feel fairly confident that I can fulfill almost everything on my 2014 goals list. Looking at it again, after not really paying attention to it for a while, I realized that I already knocked a few off by accident in my big video I released recently and there are also others that I can hit pretty soon. SO excited for my game right now. Footbag has never been so fun. I'm kind of glad I messed around and experimented for so long. Sure it took me a lot lot longer than everyone else to go Open level, but I think messing with a wide range of concepts for so long gave basically every concept a little tiny jumpstart, so when I wanted to really hone in on a few, it wasn't like I had to start from scratch.. they were all just kind of waiting for me. Woo. Fun shit.

That's all for tonight. Good night, all.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Corey
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Corey » 09 Oct 2014 19:03

Lol. I failed many exams in high school staying up and watching his videos instead of studying. You're hitting some dope shit these days though..props.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 12 Oct 2014 19:39

Yo Corey, glad you came back to footbag. I heard you and Marc couldn't kick this weekend due to rain. I hope you guys find a good spot. You could each really benefit from each other. You guys have really similar style/trick paths. Thanks for the props :)

Tonight was a real pissah. In a good way.. I don't know what pissah translates too, but it sounds good here, plus Bostonish Jam uses it, so it must be cool.

Met with Zach, Jeremy, and Bonslaver. Bonslaver had to leave early, but I did witness a Mobius from the lad. Reminds me so much of myself. It's crazy.

Zach was brushing some of the rust off, but did have some wicked strings with Spinning Osis, Ripwalks, Dimwalks, Legbeaters, etc..

Jeremy was hitting some good Fairy links. He's crazy good at Fairy sets. They look so easy for him.

I was having quite a nice session. Hitting everything I wanted and nothing I didn't want.

Highlights:

:arrow: Hogan and I chatted about Gyro Whirling Swirl earlier. I said I hit it on a fluke like 2 years ago on one side, but I should be able to hit flip soon. Apparently Hogan got strongside Gyro Whirling Swirl today. Fuckin awesome. I nailed it both sides tonight. Flip felt so nice to finally knock off my list. Could be useable midstring soon.
:arrow: Backside Spikehammer> Far Blink both sides First time hitting BS Spike on flipside, second time on strongside. Feels so much less "OH MY GOD, MY LEG!!!" this time around. I first hit it on strong side around the same time I first hit Gyro Whirling Swirl on strongside. Kinda stoked that my first BS Spike on flipside was linked to a respectable trick.
:arrow: Fog> Dimmiest bs
:arrow: Blurriest> Barrage BSOS
:arrow: Spinning Ducking Butter> Spinning Ducking Mirage> Phoenix bs
:arrow: Royal Assassin (Backside Assassin) bs (new on both)
:arrow: Symposium Pixie x5 (new record... old record was 1 lolz
:arrow: Barfly> Barrage> Paradon> Barrage> DOD

Fun was had. Some net bag was kicked, since Zach's new thing is Net, which I think is awesome, because Net never gets new players and is dwindling.

Here's a cool little stupid little footbag vine thing that Zach made of me. The Backside Spike> Far Blink is in there.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI8aULUU_X8[/youtube]

Dammit. Work tomorrow. GERGGG

I'm making a really sick dragon/bull/rattle snake'y footbag right now that manifested itself in my dream last night and bit my aunt and blood started volcano'ing from her arm. It was realtalk.

I'd like to finish that bag tonight.. or at least soon. Yeah, soon sounds better. Good night.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 12 Oct 2014 23:39

Props for all the sick highlights! You are getting so good!
F[uns]tylin' Eclectic wrote:I'm making a really sick dragon/bull/rattle snake'y footbag right now that manifested itself in my dream last night and bit my aunt and blood started volcano'ing from her arm. It was realtalk.
That is some Dr. Octagon Poetry shit! I like!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abky6hbKPpg[/youtube]

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 13 Oct 2014 12:14

Wow, to those highlights. Barfly >Barrage >Paradon >Barrage >DOD is probably my favorite. Backside Spike is nuts, props on the BS. Royal Assassin :)

I wanna see 'dat bag.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 15 Oct 2014 18:08

Asmus: Wow. I've heard of Dr. Octagon before, but never listened. I really dig his stuff. Will be downloading soon. Thanks for the suggestion, Asmus. Also, thanks for the kind words :) I'm trying my damnedest.

Derek: Thanks man :) I thought you'd enjoy that. Lots of toes!.. Ya giant toe :D You should learn blink. Starts and ends on toeWHATUPPPPPPPP! And I'm gonna shower, then maybe stitch a flower or 2 of that bag. It's so sick. I just wish it would finish itself lol Nah, I'm stoked to finish it, because it looks like a snake. Oh yeah, I recently realized I no longer like making bags, unless they look like a snake.

Holy Fuck.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhaRkWfaq10[/youtube]

I was so sick this week. Had to take off work yesterday, which was GREAT, even though I was sick. Really not a fan of my work place. I swear it's some kind of social experiment. My boss was fired the other day for an unknown reason. The week before that, one of the dudes on my level of work disappeared with no explanation or even word if he had been fired. He hasn't come back in 2 weeks now and his name was erased form the charts, so we assume that he was fired. Just some really sketchy whit going on at work. I wouldn't be surprised if I was on some dumb ass MTV reality bonehead show. Anyway, screw that for now..

Had to take off 3 days from shred because I was so sick. Finally played tonight. Had to brush off a little rust, but soon enough, I was back at it. Dedicated my session to Johnny Breakdown Sarah tonight, because I shredded to hardcore music tonight. Bane. Simply excellent hardcore stuff. Josh Gayhart approves of them.

A lot of you will HATE this, and I think that's cool :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6iJyC_2bRc[/youtube]

The style of music I shred/drill to seems to influence the tricks/components that I hit/drill.

Highlights:

:arrow: Milestone: Blurry Muted Blink BSOS! Yay! I've been waiting ever so patiently for that.
:arrow: Tightened up some concepts: Pdx Blender, Tomahawk, Pixie Muted Swirl, etc...
:arrow: Hit another strongside Mind Bender, footed flipside! So freaking close. I understand them now at least. I think I just need to get good at Pdx Blender and Tomahawk now, then it's on.
:arrow: New (accidental) Fearless Sick 3: Tomahawk> Scorpion's Tail> Spinning Whirl> Really good spin that I could have done a Mobius or something out of but I was like "WHAAAA???", so I dropped :3
:arrow: Spinning Ducking Butter> Spinning Ducking Mirage> Phoenix> string> other side Spinning Ducking Butter> Spinning Ducking Mirage> drop. Close to a BSOS. Got pissed I could;t get that, so I just drilled the last link, Spinning Ducking Mirage> Phoenix 3x bs.
:arrow: Drilled Pdx Blender> Far Symple Swirl a bunch of times bs.
:arrow: Realized I couldn't end my session of just this stuff, so I randomly generated a worthy link and got it both sides, first try each: Vortex> Scorpion's Tail bs. Bang. Stretch> Start car> Drive home> Blogblogblog> shower> bed.

I'm about to do the shower part, obviously.

Good night, human foot people.
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 16 Oct 2014 18:57

I finished the Dr. Octagon bag...

It came out better than I had imagined. I really hate stitching normal ass bags for people. It's just so boring to me. It either A) pops out and says, "YO! F***ER! F*** YOU! LOOK OVER HERE AT ME! YEAHHHH, YOU LIKE IT! I LOOK F***IN' GOOOOOOOD! TOUCH ME! I FEEL GOOD TOO, HUH!?! NOW GET ME SOME F***ING MILK!" or B) it doesn't yell obscenities at me, lacks an extraordinary personality, and doesn't "live" after I cut the final thread. Anyway... there ya go. Cool footbag is a cool footbag. And I left it at that...

Today (after work) was sort of like one long epiphany sort of thing. I skyped with Evan because we wanted to chat about life stuff. That, alone, was pretty surreal. I've skyped with Jay before, and that was surreal too. Both very cool to Skype with. But it's cool how they are no longer BLATANT footbag Gods when you Skype them and talk about life.. they're just regular people. And I think a lot of awesome players need to be treated as just people sometimes. This subject came up a little tonight. Life paths, in general, was our main topic. Won't go into detail about all of it, but it got me thinking.. what the hell am I gonna go? Sure I'm getting better at footbag, but I need to start getting good at something else too. Then I remembered the inventions thing. I truly feel that one will click for me sooner or later.

So then I have my session and an unnamed person who used to play footbag came walking by and was in a bad state. He was on a drug that I don't approve of, and he was drunk, and high on the weed. We had a long talk about going down the wrong path vs down the right path, picking your friends wisely/cutting negative bonds from your life, etc.. I could actually see some positive response in him. He seemed to understand what I was getting at. It felt really good to be a sort of preacher/positive role model for a few minutes there. We're going to continue our talk later. The crazy part about that talk was that Evan and my conversation had a good chunk of overlap with that. Lets just get to the session now, yes yes?

Yes yes:

:arrow: Evan suggested I hit Gyro Blender> Swifter bs, but I was shite at that link, so I drilled a bunch of Pixie Muted Swirls bs and Swifters bs, because I've found that they are basically the same trick(?) Correct me if I'm wrong, please. I feel like it would be smarter to learn Pixie Muted Swirls first since they seem to be easier, then that would give good foundation to the latter. But yes, made some great progress with them. They were a very large chunk of my session.
:arrow: Pixie Muted Swirl BSOS
:arrow: The other large chunk was just Blenders. Near and Pdx, to be exact. I realized that I ad been doing Near Blender incorrectly for years. Ugh. I was always pulling the Osis, relying on my crank to be a safety net. Then I get pissed and complain to my cats, "But WHY can't I step out of them well yet!?!? :'(" Well now I know why. I took the last chunk of the session to learn how to do them so that I'm staring at my Clipper as the bag lands on it to end the Blender. Finally got 'em. Drilled it in further with some links: Blender> Stepping Mirage bs (Dedicated to Ryan Morris, since he hit Stepping Mirage bs the other day), Pdx Blender> Spinning Clipper bs, Pdx Blender> Gyro Clipper bs, Pdx Blender> Gyro Butter bs, and Pdx Blender> Spinning Butter bs
:arrow: Pdx Blender> Spinning Ducking Osis BSOS
:arrow: Wanted to end on a new Fearless Sick 3: Phoenix> Pdx Blender> Mobius bs

Whoop, there it is.
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 18 Oct 2014 19:02

Today was awesome. I'm on a family fishing trip/camping weekend at the RV, in Maryland right now. My uncle and a good family friend of ours came up, along with my mom and dad. Caught a little perch today, about a foot long. Cute lil guy. Just felt nice to catch something while still fishing. I haven't had still fishing success for years.

Had 2 awesome sessions today. I watched a lot of Peter Irish and Allan Haggett the other night and studied the crap out of their Inspins. It finally made sense in my head. So I was really excited to try some today. Warmed up a bit and then tried an Inspin and got it to a Clipper first try. Like, no efforts. Felt too good to be true. T'wasn't.

Highlights:

:arrow: Inspinning Clipper BSOS lots of times
:arrow: Smoke> Pdx Blink (one side :/ My flip Smoke really sucks. Anyone that has a tip for Smoke or any complex Drifter trick, please help me out?
:arrow: New Fearless Link: Mobius> Ducking Pdx Symposium Mirage bs
:arrow: New Fearless Link: Mobius> Spinning Pdx Symposium Mirage bs
:arrow: New 6: Anoxia (Spinning Ducking Pdx Symposium Mirage) bs. New on flipside. Hit it on strongside at PSU, maybe 2 years ago. It felt fucking impossible when I hit it the first time, so I didn't try it again until today and holy wow. I definitely can say it is my easiest 6 now. Can't wait to dial these in and bust them out at future jams. I never see anyone doing that trick.
:arrow: String with Pdx Blender> Gyro DLO> stuffs> other Pdx Blender> Spinning DLO.. obviously missed the BSOS on the link lol
:arrow: A drill that used to be like AWESOME if I could hit it, but now feels just "good", because it's a lot easier now: Spinning Osis> Inspinning Osis *rpt. Nailed it first try.
:arrow: Inspinning Osis x2 bs
:arrow: Session ender: Pdx Torque> Ripped Warrior bs Yoooo Peter Irishhhhh

Then after fishing, I had another session. Not as jam-packed, but still excited about it. I just kept thinking about those Inspins while fishing today and when I got back, I had to try some links I though up.

Highlights v2.0:

:arrow: Pdx Torque> Inspinning Clipper bs
:arrow: Pdx Torque: Inspinning Osis bs
:arrow: Double Spinning Clipper easiest BSOS ever. Feels like Inspins trickled into my Double Spins
:arrow: Session ender: Pdx Torque> Blurry Whirl bs Whatuppp Peter Irishhhhhhh

So that was the end of that session. Then there was a big lobster cookout for all of us campsite residents, which was GODLY. But wait! Highlights keep coming!?

Highlights v3.0:

:arrow: Decided to seamless juggle...

Boosted my 6 contacts to a very nice 10 on strong side and boosted my 3 on flipside to 5! Also successfully pulled off a 3 on right> switch> 3 on left. It felt real cool.

After that, I was feeling adventurous and I hit some cool tricks from the lower level of a picnic bench at our campsite. DLO, DOD, then finally, the coolest one... Mobius! First 5 off a bench. Whattttsssgoooddd Allan Haggetttttttt

Here is a video on Facebook. If it doesn't work... I guess just friend request me.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10 ... =2&theater

Very fun day. Breezy. Nice. Fall. Great day to play some chill with family, catch some fish, and play some damn footbag. I love this sport.

Nick Polini

Funblog

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 19 Oct 2014 02:12

Pdx Torque > Blurry Whirl would be great for any competition, the link is really hard :twisted:

Now I'm not an expert on Smoke, but to me, it always seemed like a trick for which your Drifters are not relevant. By that I mean, you don't need a good drifter, but you need a really quick and good Pixie. That didn't happen with any other trick, you can't hit Pigbeater without good Eggbeaters.

Also, your game is clipper heavy, so I'd imagine you've been practicing your Drifters mainly from clipper. They differ a lot from Toe. I do Drifters, Grifters, Osis and Whirls from Toe, as I like the movement more, and also because it is a toe -> clipper transition, a Drifter from clipper just puts the bag on your other clipper. And so:

1) Try quicker Pixie set, with your leg as low as possible, so you can plant it quicker
2) I'm sure you can do them, but before going for Smoke, hit a couple of Drifter from Toe

Vojta

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 19 Oct 2014 20:27

Nathan: Thank you so much for that tip. It worked. I finished the Pixie low and early as possible. Awesome tip. Never thought about it like that before.

A double doser session again today. I actually feel like I've OD'ed on footbag this weekend and I kind of has no desire to play tomorrow :P Though after work, I will probably get the cravings and lace up.

First session happened in Maryland.

Highlights:

:arrow: Yep, other side of Smoke> Pdx Blink :D
:arrow: A nice BSOS of Pixie Muted Swirl, with Ripstein and some Pdx Whirls and stuff in it.
:arrow: Pdx Torque> Pdx Blender> Pdx Torque> Pdx drop. So close. I'll hit this one soon, I think.
:arrow: A milestoner off of my Goals of 2014: Gyro Reverse Swirl> Ripstein *rpt! Video below.. (skip to the last 30 seconds'ish of the video)

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10 ... tif_t=like

Then after a car ride home to Pennsylvania, I met up at Berks campus with Jon, Jeremy, and Corey Gerges for a session. That was a weird one. We got turned down from going into the gym where I used to go ALL THE TIME when I was at Berks. I hit my first Pdx Torque and Mobius in that gym. I hit my first Spikehammer and Ripped Warrior in that gym. My first Motion... And we weren't allowed in?? I told her I was an alumni and she started bitching at me, acting like she was almighty, "You must be a student. We don't allow alumni in the building, those are the rules". Please... you're a fucking gym teacher, lady. Loosen up your button-up and let some air deflated from that big head of your's. I was pretty heated.

Then we found a place to play in another building I used to frequent as a student. We played in the room where I used to go to yoga club. But it was now a room where kids were having a study group. So we had to like... be.. quiet. On top of that, there were these 3 large bulk liquid dispenser coolers. I sampled all of them. The first was water. Nice. Second was fruit punch. Even nicer. However, the third was baffling. I think someone threw many fudgesickles in it and let them melt, or it was chocolate milk with a weird kick, or something that might not have been super edible. Jeremy called it "Chocolate Punch". I tasted that one, too. I'm 89% sure that whatever it was, it was rancid. That got all over my book bag and on my walking shoes and on my hands and *puke*.. just a bad time with the Chocolate Punch.

I'm not sure where Jon stands with footbag. He says that he never practices outside of our sessions. He doesn't seem super amped on playing. But, he does try really really hard. And he does seem excited to hit new tricks. And, most importantly, he tries things on both sides, no matter what. So, as long as he still plans on making sessions, thats a good thing. He hit a few Clippers tonight. Corey was doing some ok strings. Jeremy is really starting to unwind his form and set issues. I'm helping him a bit with them, but he's doing a better job of pointing them out and fixing them on his own. Of course everyone ADD hunts at the end of our sessions, but that's pretty alright with me, as long as no one takes it overboard.

I just want to vent this real quick. It makes me not want to organize sessions when people don't take them seriously. Everyone confirms, then we all head to the session and on the way, I get texts saying, "I'm not gonna be able to make it tonight" yadda yadda. You don't wanna be that guy. If you really can't make it, let your club organizer know at least a day beforehand, if possible. Sometimes freak stuff happens that needs your attendance and you have to bail, but last minute bails EVERY SINGLE TIME are not ok. It's really unnerving for the organizer because that person might be planning to wait up for you or the session might be best held elsewhere if one certain person isn't going to be there, because other players that will be there live closer to each other and wouldn't have to drive as far.

I feel like younger generations of players really need to understand that last minute bails on sessions more than once are really not cool/sometimes absolutely not tolerated by some. Bob Riefer gave me this talk a while ago and I wanted to reiterate it here.

Now... Highlights:

:arrow: Pixie Illusion drill> first half of Pixie Mirage drill
:arrow: Near Grifter bs & BSOS (new on flipside)
:arrow: Pdx Grifter bs & BSOS (new on flipside)
:arrow: Session ender: Pdx Torque> Spinning Ducking Mirage> Darkwalk bs Really enjoy the zoom out of Pdx Torque in this. Feels slick.

Evan gave me a tip on Grifters because I told him I was no good at them and it was the tip I needed to hit them so much more easily.

Good night, organisms.
Nick Polini

Funblog

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 20 Oct 2014 02:42

Do you see yourself getting burnt out on footbag someday? If you're doing double session every day, you might drive yourself into the ground at some point. You are getting really good though.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 22 Oct 2014 20:43

Hey Danny Boi, I understand where you're coming from, but I can't see myself getting burnt out on footbag until my legs burn out on it. Thanks though, it's always nice to hear others say that I'm getting good. I just enjoy playing. It really makes me happy.

I did not burn out on footbag this week, but I haven't played since my last session on Sunday. This is for a few reasons.. first off, weather is getting to that ugly cold windy part of the year where I have to start playing inside and I have to clean a bunch of junk off the attic floor so I have room to drill. That's all there is room for. Just drills. Strings get really cramped. I'm going to clean it out this weekend, I hope. I miss kicking. Been thinking of a lot of tricks and how to do them more efficiently. My second reason for not kicking is that I wanted to give myself new legs. It's always nice playing a ton, then stopping for a few days. When I come back, I have a new/altered outlook on the game/life/certain tricks. Looking forward to that feeling again. I also feel like sometimes you have to drill, take some days off and think about what you drilled, then come back and incorporate what you thought about and everything gets stronger.

Oh that, and Leon and I have been discussing a new startup project. We're excited about our new one. Try and try again. Something will come through for us.

One kind of awesome thing that just happened is that I found out Sam Potter wants to start kicking again and he lives in Baltimore. When I stand on the beach of our campsite, I can see Baltimore and it's easily accessible by our boat. So I will hopefully be having a session with him sometime. That would be a lot of fun. Maybe I can convince him to come to PSU Pumpkin Jam. That jam will be a lot of fun too. Then Bostonish Jam. Damn. Then NYJ... All of those are gonna rule. So excited for the next few months. I'd like to get really good by the time NYJ rolls around. Pleased with my game right now. 3 Fearless is now no huge feat midrun. I think that's my favorite part of my game right now. I can throw down stuff I used to think was "huge", then keep shredding. Gotta say, that is one of the most fun parts of footbag I've encountered so far. They don't even necessarily need to be Fearless, but like a nice Sick 3 midrun feels so dope.

I've also bee thinking about my public image in the community. I come on too hard. I'm so passionate about footbag, and that spills out of my online personality.. a little too much. It's gotten me into trouble in the past too. Here's something Clavens told me that I'm really going to start living by, "but like, just play. just put out good footage, be a nice guy, done." I feel like I've really been annoying people in the footbag community by posting too much on the footbag Facebook page. So, yeah, Dave's advice sounds good to me.

Also, just wanted to put it here for myself, really.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiSr0G4yf9o[/youtube]

No one commented on that except for Kevin, Aleksei, and Lon. It's like once a record is beaten in this sport, that slightly lower record doesn't matter anymore, even if it's only lower by 2. Seems like that's the way the sport is going now. Whatever, I still love it. And, this video has made ME smile more than lots of other videos. Reliving that excitement of tying a 5 ADD world record is such a great feeling. For 7 minutes, I was literally on top of the world with Mobius. That feeling was something I'd been working towards for years. It's nice to have this video that captured it and I can re-watch it and feel exactly how happy I was during the time this was filmed. Another great part about this video clip is how my Mobius x9 didn't just make me smile.. It made Brian, Evan, Kevin, Chris, Anton, and several others also smile. It's cool to think that I helped bring them some joy that day. I like making people smile.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 23 Oct 2014 02:32

Well everyone knows you can beat the new record as well. So we're keeping our comments for that I guess. :twisted:

Vojta