Nick "Houdini" Polini

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 08 Aug 2010 10:41

Dazza, I've been trying it for a while but finally hit it and footed it a few times last night. I have a MAJOR tip for you that will help. For regular swirls, I give a tiny twitch set and hit them. But for spinning swirls, try a little bit bigger of a twitch set, like set it just below knee height, spin very quickly, glance spot the bag and hit it. Let me know if you have any success with it.

No footbag today, I promise. I really need to study for calc and let my legs completely heal up. Calc final is coming up this week :\ Really nervous. Can't wait il my legs feel tip-top again.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 08 Aug 2010 18:26

I promised I wouldn't play today, so I'm sorry to say that I had a super mini-session with Jackson after helping him get his modified account set up (ToesMcGee). Jackson had a few REALLY nice strong side clippers! I just kicked the bag around, there was probably exactly 4 good stalls done by me in this 10 minute session. The 4 stalls were both brand spankin new and I was really stoked on them!

:arrow: Forehead stall> blind sole stall!! (both sides!!!) (inspired by an inspiring inspiration of Matt Cross)
:arrow: Also hit a few outside kick> spinning opp. outside kick

Promise I won't SHRED til after Thursday ;)
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 09 Aug 2010 20:08

Dear Diary:

I DID NOT TOUCH A FOOTBAG WITH MY FOOT FOR THE WHOLE DAY...

... until a few hours ago, when Jackson put it on my foot when I wasn't paying attention... prick.

I watched Jackson have a session in front of our houses, while I cut out panels for a new bag in a chair with a fold-out table (a disaster of fabric scattered across it) and a headlamp around my skull. As cars were passing us, people kept staring me down and driving really slowly. Then I realized how ridiculous I looked. People witnessing probably thought I was on hard drugs, tripping out, cutting my clothes up into little bitty pieces. Which was only half-wrong because some people think my parents might have been on acid when they conceived me and I got the second hand DMT from them.

Anyhow, Jackson's session was great! He called out that he was going to hit:

:arrow: toe> opp. toe> inside> clipper> toe> ducking toe> mirage (if he could fit it in)

He ended up hitting it up to the toe> ducking toe and dropped. SO EFFING CLOSE. He dropped because of his damn modded skate shoes. This kid needs lavers ASAP.

No footbag tomorrow. Whoa, reading that to myself sent me the cold douche chills.

I must pet the kitty now.
Nick Polini

Funblog

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 10 Aug 2010 08:18

nick.... you are a funny dude, cant wait for shred tomorrow.

BRING YOOO CAMERA!!! ripped warrior on film!

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 10 Aug 2010 08:43

You know it dude! I can't wait til calc is over and college starts, we're gonna be shredding so much! We're both gonna get sick gnasty with the bag!
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 10 Aug 2010 15:33

Dear facebook:

Today I played footbag.

:arrow: Super clean spinning ducking clippers!
:arrow: Spinning xbd sole stall!
:arrow: Spinning ducking xbd sole stall!!!

Legs feel good! Session with Zach and maybe Jackson tomorrow.

Just got an "Emerson" brand mini-refrigerator for my apartment. I wrote "nice titties" underneath the brand name! "Emerson nice titties!" ZING!

Zach and I are working on a surprise for Jackson and Zach's neighbor (who just got into freestyle). Sunny Freeman Genz is helping us with it. She's the flippin bomb! I'll elaborate more once they figure out what the surprise is.

I study calc now!

(*signs off of facebook*)
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 11 Aug 2010 17:26

Hey again, me!

Had a decent session with Zach today at my campus. Total ghost town. Not in a week though, there'll be tons of little bastards all over the place. Hoping I meet some hacky sackers so I can convert them to freestyle :P

:arrow: TWIRL!!!!

:arrow: PARADON!!!!

yay me.

CALC FINAL TOMORROW MORNING 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

...FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 12 Aug 2010 21:24

Soooo... It doesn't matter how I did on my calc final...

I thought I was totally ready for it, I even found myself finding the circumference on my Cheerios this morning before I went to take it. I'll probably end up taking it next summer :\

Fuck calc talk for now.

After realizing I probably wasn't going to pass calc this summer, I had to get my foot fix. Jackson and I were shred whores today. First we shredded with Corey in his garage, since it was raining. Highlights:

:arrow: clipper> drifter bs
:arrow: toe> drifter

Then we went to Bob's afterward. Highlights:

:arrow: Bob helped me with my stepping sets! I am now a sewing machine and my leg moves up and down as the needle instead of doing a sumo power squat.

:arrow: push-up> double hand clap> push-up (push-up> hand clap> push-up is the normal punishment for letting the bag hit the radiator or any other functioning things in the barn. Bob had to do 2 today :twisted: )

"Bananas aren't gay"
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 13 Aug 2010 19:09

TODAY. Man oh man, today.

Woke up, did some shit? forget what it was, then got a text from Nick Pasquarello! He was home from Ohio!? But just for the day.
Anyway had a session with him and his new used lavers supplied by Jordan Alejandro. He bought a new bag too, aside from the one that came with the shoes. Highlights:

:arrow: TOMAHAWK!!!!!!!
:arrow: pdx whirl!!

Then afterward, I went home where I met up with Jackson who was stitching his new footbag. I told him the news of the new tricks and he demanded to see them. I showed him. Highlights:

:arrow: TOMAHAWK x 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:arrow: pdx whirl x 2!!!!!

Later, went for a short kayak trip with my friend Tom. Then I had to street perform. Jackson and Nick Pasquar came down to shred. Highlights:

:arrow: Ducked a pixie set!!!!!
:arrow: Nick gave Jackson his old pair of lavers!!! Totally shreddable, and Jackson was so stoked on them.

Barrett Neimeth and Mark Bull are staying at the camper with us for Funtastiks!!!!! So stoked!! We're gonna have a blast and a half that weekend! And the day after, Chris and I are seeing Pixies live!!!!!!! They're my stinkin favorite gosh darn band ever!

This built-in underpants dealy in my new shred shorts is NOT cuttin it.

edit: oh yeah...

:arrow: hopover swirl!

Underpants dealy is still not cuttin' it. My nuts are so pressed up against each other that I think i've become a monorchid.
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 14 Aug 2010 19:44

Great News! My parents are buying the new camper and it will be on our property by next week! Way more than enough time for Funtastiks!!!! So stoked! I'm at the old camper now and it's so small compared to the new one. 4 sliders, 8 ft cieling, sun roof over dinner table, 2 toilets for maximum poopage, and just too awesome.

Anyway, pictures will come along with Funtastiks. Can't wait to have everyone stay there for the tourney!

:arrow: schooled my flipside reverse swirls and they were coming along great!

:arrow: Stitched my 7th bag, first one with spikes (for Kurt Zubry)

:arrow: stitched my 8th bag. first actual good tri-color bag that turned out how I wanted it to. I've been stitching bags for my friends recently, but I'm keeping this one. I named him "Captain Cornhole"

:arrow: kicking with Drew Krause tomorrow! Haven't shredded with him since East Coasts. Pretty stoked.

edit: My room mate, "Room Mate" is coming tomorrow to visit!!!! I haven't seen this kid since Freshman year and I'm going to be a junior this year. He was my first room mate.

This is a video we took freshman year. It was the day before Halloween, and we switched roles for the day. Everyone loved it, so we decided to make a video of this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u7vsiAzkEI[/youtube]

So yeah, I can't wait to see that bastard. I'm gonna go sleep so I can be as stoked as possible when he gets here. Oh i found this ice cube that lights your drinks up. Stared at that in my cup of iced tea for a while, then watched a japanese movie about a man in a plush koala bear suit, who's an executive for a pickle company, and kills people and doesn't realize it because he's possessed.

I think I could hit whirling swirl. I can't try it right now, because there's no light anywhere and i'm in bumblefuck Harrisburg. Let's see if I can't make that happen tomorrow. Toodles... square noodles.
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 15 Aug 2010 16:58

Room Mate couldn't come... but he's going to try to stop by for Funtastiks!!!!

Had a sweet session with Drew K for the first time since East Coasts! He's still got it. I love his style too. He set Jackson up with a pair of Quantum 03's!!!! The shoes Nick gave him were apparently too small, but just his luck! Drew brought them into my car when I went to pick him up and asked if either of us were a size 13... Jackson's eyes lit up haha

:arrow: Drew totally set me straight on my torques!!! I was doing a crispy miraging osis? or something like that. But now that I figured it out, I really have to start working on them.

Pretty sweet weekend at the camper... last one ever at that camper. We get our new one this week!!!!! I'll post a video of it soon enough. Too neat.
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 15 Aug 2010 17:12

Definitely forgot that I stitched some new bags this weekend:

VI: Blue/Dark Blue: For my friend Drew for helping me with calculus this summer.

VII: Dark Blue/ forest green w/ green spikes: For Kurt Zubry

VIII: Paisley/ yellow/ brown: Had to keep this one for myself, named "Captain Cornhole", since my mom wouldn't stop mentioning us playing the game "Cornhole" this week. Plus it reminded me of corn. Best bag I've stitched so far, and first tri-colored bag that turned out how I wanted it to.
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 16 Aug 2010 19:40

Heh. Heh mleh pleh deh meheh. Meh lehm, pleff slhuh hiff. Hehhhh:

:arrow: Possible new invention: toe set> ss sole slap to the opp. thigh (pinning it like a stalberger, but in between thigh and sole)> (I like to) drop it into a stalbeger

If this has never been done, I'd like to name it "Slappy McThighburger"
Nick Polini

Funblog

Rieferman
Flower Child

Post by Rieferman » 17 Aug 2010 06:17

dude, if your knee is feeling better now, I'm shredding wednesday night
Bob R.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 17 Aug 2010 12:03

That last post wasn't even from a legitimate session haha I was just joansin for my foot fix, so I thought up a trick and picked up my bag for a second and hit it, then stitched. My knee is starting to feel better, but last time I said that when it was starting to feel better, it started to kill again soon after the session. So I wanna take a decent break from shredding. I really wanna be tip-top for FuNtAsTiKs. Like I said, I'd come watch and maybe kick the bag around a little bit. Lemme know man.

Edit: This is from 2013... Bob quit playing footbag. It's really sad, and it seriously depresses me. I wish he knew how much it upset me. but people get older and stop playing footbag, it's a fact of footlife. He seems too busy for his own good. I tried to meet up with him several times and grab a beer, but he just seems too busy. I've been looking back on my blog and it's just really sad to read about all the sessions with Bob. I can't thank him enough for all he's done for me and helped me with the sport. There's no way I'd be where I am now without him. Of course my other shred partners along the way have helped me a lot, but dammit, Bob Riefer was the most influential, most meaningful, and most helpful one. Hope we stay friends forever.
Last edited by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic on 03 Jul 2013 13:34, edited 1 time in total.
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 20 Aug 2010 21:14

Dear, to whom it may concern and is reading this with human eyes that are attached to the inside of his/her skull....

Took a break for a couple days. I am now happy. I am now very happy. I have joyous things inside of me... and guts and blood and junk. Zachary came and busked with me today for my street performing job. I dressed in my Jester get-up, and Zach wore my bright pink shorts. I'm "Gnarly Nick The Footbaggin' Jester", Zach was "Zach, the Guy In Pink". We might start a duo busking team and perform in Reading near my college. But best part! As of today:

:arrow: MUCH LONGER STRINGS WITH MOST ASPECTS OF MY TRICKS!!!!!! And getting really both-sided!
:arrow: involving more flyers, spinning ducking, spinning flying ducking, spinning flying and flying spinning
:arrow: My parents signed off on the new camper! It's our's. FuNtAsTiKs here i come!!!!!!!

After performing, Zach and I had a few 1-string night-time mini-battles judged by Jackson. I won a handful and Zach won a handful. It was pretty even. I like that kind of competition. It was all for fun too, and that was cool. I'm thinking about some other stuff but i'm tired. So you'll never know. Fuck Bert and Ernie, they're obnoxious characters. Bert's a dick and Ernie's a hyperactive douchebag.
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 21 Aug 2010 14:20

Just figured out a name for our crew. Rt. 422 Crew, because we're all connected by Rt. 422. Anyway, Zach, Jackson and I are hangin out at my house, parents are out for the weekend. I start school Monday! Kinda stoked to be living in my apartment full-time.

Something crazy just happened though and I felt the need to blog about it. We shredded with Corey just a bit ago. We put 2 of Zach's bags on the back of my car, Ole' Faithful and Orange Spike. We played with Orange Spike after we were finished stretching. Then we went home and when we arrived back home, Zach realized he couldn't find his bag, then we both remembered where he had left it... on the back of my car! Zach looked at the back of my car and, in a loud voice, he yelled "DUDE!" I ran to the back, knowing that the bag was gone. To our amazement, the bag was right there. It hadn't dropped!!! It stayed on the back the whole time!!!! SO SICK! It really deserves his name, "Ole' Faithful". Anyway, had to blog about that. Bye~
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 24 Aug 2010 15:14

Well, college started this Monday. Haven't played footbag, which is good because my legs are getting a well-deserved break.... plus I have too much homework to kick right now. Zach's been living with us at our apartment. He and the room mates get along just fine and it's super sweet to have another shredder living in the house. Anyway, just got a 100% on my first molecular biology quiz! Woot! Really itching to play footbag. My lab partners for molecular biology are these 2 girls. One seems kind of bitchy, but the other one is really hot and she chose to sit right next to me! Maybe she likes me but her facebook says she's in a relationship with a girl, so she may be a lesbian I feel, which sucks. I can't wait til Funtastiks. I won't be blogging or even on modified much now that school is raping me. Glad to be back though. I had my interview for an internship studying Saw-Whet Owls. They said my resume really impressed them! Hoping I get the job. K, gotta go do homework.
Last edited by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic on 03 Jul 2013 13:40, edited 1 time in total.
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 26 Aug 2010 13:53

I learned how to juggle 3 bags with my hands this week. I combined it with footbag today, and i'm not too shabby at it... ;)
Nick Polini

Funblog

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 01 Sep 2010 18:17

Yesterday, Zach and I ran into the Reading Juggler's Association by accident! We showed them some footbag and they knew who Peter Irish was! We had a blast there and got to demonstrate the fire bag, which we shredded with for a good bit of time. We shredded and juggled til the sun went down. The end.

Then today, Mike Toolan drove down to the apartment to have a shred session with Zach and I. It was a really enjoyable sesh. A great warm up for (angels start signing) FuNtAsTiKs))))))))))))))) Oh man, too stoked. Can't stop thinking about it. Oh man. Oh man... OH MAN.
Nick Polini

Funblog