Allan's Footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
boyle
Post Master General

Re: Allan's Footblog

Post by boyle » 21 Jul 2016 22:27

Liked this one. Plenty of combos with kicks and other interesting things. Was that something like symp dada curve early on? Blurry torque bsos is pretty awesome too.

AdAstra
Multidex Master

Post by AdAstra » 17 Aug 2016 18:17

Your repost on the freestyle footbag Instagram has over 100 likes! Props!
Austin
Lexington, KY, USA, Pale Blue Dot

Allan

Post by Allan » 24 Aug 2016 07:33

OK, so something changed for footbag yesterday; not something truly big, but not really anything small either. I ain't gonna say it yet, because I'm working on some "official" words, but if anyone outside the Slack group can reply in here with what's different, I'll mention them in the official announcement as "this person is paying attention!"

If you do figure it out before I've made the announcement, please only post about it in here :) Thanks.

Allan

Post by Allan » 22 Dec 2016 21:21

Havent posted in a while. I'm still around. Last night and tonight I spent on finally moving the forums from their own dedicated server, to another one that I run, but it'll share resources with several other websites; it's a beefier server than the other, and the forums don't place a lot of burden on things, so ... the new box also runs php 7.1 and the board itself has been upgraded to the latest/greatest, so if anything things might be faster. Add in the fact that geographically, the new server is also located in San Fransisco rather than Amsterdam as it has been for the past 3 years or so, and yay!

Footbag-wise, I'm still playing, but pretty infrequently. I try not to go more than 2 weeks between sessions, but I've been well into my 3rd a couple times now. I have no comment on anything that I'm doing, and have no goals other than to have fun :)

I'll write again hopefully sometime soon.

:)

bustinjustin
Fearless

Post by bustinjustin » 23 Dec 2016 08:30

I'm definitely planning another visit. I'm headed to Portland next month and will head up to Victoria some time after March, so keep those skills sharp. :D
Justin Dale
Videos

Allan

Post by Allan » 26 Feb 2017 15:05

Testing. Youtube embeds should work again with a pretty fucking huge caveat: embeds in old posts are broken (at the moment); you can fix them by editing the post and moving the code to a new line... it sucks, I know. I'm still working on it.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 26 Feb 2017 22:31

Thanks for fixing that Allan! To be able to put in the new posts is good to thing to get going.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 27 Feb 2017 07:28

Agreed! Thank you so much for fixing that Allan!

Allan

Post by Allan » 27 Feb 2017 20:26

I am in the running to become your IFPA Membership Director. You should vote for me :) I'll do the good things for the people. Seriously: if elected, I promise to raise the profile of the IFPA and become more involved in the administration of a new footbag renaissance. I'm looking to bring the board of directors closer to the players, and I hope to engage the membership to encourage you folks to feel a sense of ownership over the organization.

In other news: I recently got a new job 8) I now work for the BC Public Service Agency (Provincial government) as a "learning support admin" for what basically amounts to "government school" where gov employees go to learn how to be better managers, as one example; we facilitate about 30 different classes, and I handle stuff like enrolment issues and providing tech support for teachers. It's been a few years since I had a job that I could consider a part of a career, so it feels pretty great to be starting this.

I also built the Worlds website this year. It was fun working with Chris and others over Slack; it was a good collaborative effort, with input by quite a few different folks. Worlds is going to be awesome again this year :) Now that I've got this new job, I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to be able to take the time off to attend in person, but the possibility still exists.

I haven't really done much else footbag-related, other than continue playing once every 2 weeks or so. I've published some videos to Facebook, and I've also been posting to Instagram (@dizzyshred) with some regularity. Vimeo is a session highlight collection.

modified definitely needs some love, but other footbag projects seem more important...

That's it for now. Gotta go.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 28 Feb 2017 02:46

Worlds website looks good - easy to navigate around. That sounds like a pretty good job, and you sound like the kind of guy that I'd like to call up when I had an IT problem as a teacher (which should be pretty soon). Your campaign has got me captured, you have my vote. Down with the opponent!

Allan

Post by Allan » 28 Apr 2017 21:52

From now on, my footblog lives here: https://modified.in/dizzy/ :lol: