Land on foot blog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
landon palmer
Shredalicious

Post by landon palmer » 26 Jun 2011 19:04

haha i do listen to punk however i listen to ALOT of everything (cept dub step : P).

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 26 Jun 2011 19:31

Nice, yeah I listen to mostly everything too. Mainly Ska, Punk, and Indie. What are your favorite punk bands?
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

landon palmer
Shredalicious

Post by landon palmer » 26 Jun 2011 19:56

when it comes to just punk i like social distortion and lots of oldschool UK stuff, but why i really like punk is its ability to mix with other genres of music punk/reggae is always the jam. I also like what the transplants have done mixing hiphop and punk.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 26 Jun 2011 20:11

Yo sick! Social D is one of my favorites. Only their old stuff. Their new stuff is junk, in my opinion. I think they got a new singer. I dig old skool punk too. Transplants have really done something not many others had done. Mixing trashy street punk with hip-hop, who woulda thunk it?

My top 10 are:

1) Misfits
2) NOFX
3) Bouncing Souls
4) Randy
5) A.F.I. (pre-sing the sorrow)
6) Social D (old stuff)
7) Pulley
8) Anti-Flag
9) Operation Ivy
10) Toy Dolls

Shit, I feel bad about putting some of those where I put them, because damn, it's so hard to decide an order for them. And there are so many others that I'm leaving out. That list sucks, but I don't wanna make it any bigger because that would be obnoxious :P

Anyway, pleased to meet you (through the internet)! It's always cool to meet a fellow punk-listening footbag fanatic. Keep kickin dude.

Edit: Just a little bit of constructive criticism... 2 things I noticed...

1) In your first video, you're very hunchy. Maybe you stopped doing this now, couldn't really tell from your osis video, but people consider this bad form... plus it makes it so much easier to freestyle if you have yout back straight.

2) You cut the toe walls off of your Lavers. Some people do that and some people leave them, just a matter of preference. However, I've heard that you should leave them on just at first, until you have solid pixie and fairies, because the bag can slip off pretty easily and lead to pixies and fairies with bad form. So when you learn them, just be conscious of what's going on with the bag (is it going straight up, then dex? if so, good! or is it slipping off the side where the toe walls? if so, BAD!). I think you'll be fine, but I just wanted to warn you about that so when you learned them, you'd know what to look out for.

3) For your Far Osis, make sure you spot the bag JUST BEFORE it makes contact with your shoe, then when you know your foot is right under the bag, go for the osis. You'll learn that spotting is a HUGE part of footbag with many different elements, ESPECIALLY spinning.

Sorry to be nit-picky, I'm not being a prick and saying you're dumb or you suck (because you're not and you don't and the way you've been training both sides and all of your basics is really good, and I really respect the fact that you're working your basics hardcore. I DIDN'T do that and I regret it.) just trying to help a up and coming freestyler not make the errors that I made :P

Good luck dude. Before you know it, you'll have a very strong base structure to built your freestyle mansion upon.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

landon palmer
Shredalicious

Post by landon palmer » 27 Jun 2011 10:59

stats and records and schtuff:
Alternating clippersX22
infintyX9
osis b2bX4
legover b2bX30 something?
strong mirage X 5
flip mirage X 3

I also finally hit that goal i posted a while back (butterfly>pdx mirage>infinity>ducking butterfly). Now I want the first butterfly to also be a ducking one then ill get all that bsos'ness

These are some drills that Ive been working on.
butterfly>switch>legover>rpt other-side
legover>muted inside>muted clipper>switch>legover>muted inside>muted clipper

Ive been thinking about what I want to do with footbag. Everyone has their own style. Jordens got his performance style and he invents weirdo monster tricks. Vasek, Honza, and Ales got this straight as board perfect movements style. Then there are people like Milan, David Clavens, and Jim Penske who just bust crazy shred crazy fast. However the sweetest style of them all (IMO) is Allan Hagget and his footbag trials I WANT TO DO THAT. so Ive decided to build my game that way. I know i need to still practice all the tiltless basics, but Ive also started doing toe stalls up and down stairs and on top of cinder blocks. i figure ill have to build a nice selection of symposium and muted tricks to make the trials look real styley and smooth.

landon palmer
Shredalicious

Post by landon palmer » 30 Jul 2011 15:19

osis>far osis>osis>far osis rpt

really felt the flow with ^^that one^^

I wish I could spin.