James Chance's Meanderings in Footbag

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
CthulusHandservant
Circle Kicker

James Chance's Meanderings in Footbag

Post by CthulusHandservant » 15 Nov 2010 01:05

Hi folks, first post on modified, although not new to the sport. We just had a meeting in Portland, OR I helped organize, and during the meeting it was pointed out that, indeed, I have been lax in participating in the greater community of footbag. It's mainly because I'm lazy. :roll:

I'm going to begin keeping track of notable moments on here for the group and for myself, and must say I'm happy to have been involved to the degree I am with both the local and national scene(barely, lol). I'd like to help contribute what I can to footbag while here in order to keep the local playing eternally fun and inspiring, as well as co-creating a working model for others to use.

As a player, I'm in a lull following a horrible Summer and dealing with some health issues, but getting back to playing with the group has been rehabbing my game, and I expect to start drilling again on a regular basis before Winter is done. At my best I've been capable of short,strong tripless runs, starting with a 5 or throwing a random easy one (ps whirl, sd bfly) around the end. I've hit some 6's (Mullet, Wonton Dyno, Whirligig, maybe something else I forgot) and a lot of 5's except the weird stuff.

Major flaw in my game = Consistency.

I fall in the category of "late starter", I was a net player before I was a freestyler, and a juggler in between. I've picked things up fairly well, but I think the juggling actually hurt me, because I focused a lot more on executing single tricks I thought were interesting, instead of working my form. That changed somewhat after I herniated myself doing endless attempts at Quantum Ducking Bfly. Pyhrric victory, hooray!

I kept playing with the hernia, which was kind of fun when I hit rippedwarrior for the first time, 'cause I was literally ripped already.

So I'll be checking in semi-regularly to post and see what folk are up to. It's been a pleasure playing with whoever is on here that I've played with
:D

P.S. Progress
I'm coming up on 30, most recent new trick was ducking flail, would like to set my sights on marius, food processor, maelstrom, scorpion's tail, and 10 tiltless LMAO

James Chance