Jazzkid's Blog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Re: Jazzkid's Blog

Post by Jazzkid » 11 Dec 2012 10:54

Hey ..

I'll definitely try !! I got close to symp atomi swirling gyro dlo , but I didn't try the symp mirage . I also hit symp atomic swirling simple Dyno .
Thanks for posting Anz !
SHRED HARD!

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 17 Dec 2012 12:37

First session since the above post.....
I footed anz;s challenge of symp atomic swirling gyro symp mirage about three times...its super hard....it acutally probably easier to hit mobius after the set,, but ill get it..

Anyway...I worked gyro dlo alot. Also hit swiring mobius> ripwalk, tried swirling mobius >food a couple time, hit mobius>blurry whirl first try, and hit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hURiUO8T ... e=youtu.be

I may be able to get swirling spinning ducking butterfly>swirling mobius
SHRED HARD!

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 26 Dec 2012 17:41

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI-Q7DyNLXc[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSG9I6dG6lw[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyoKyjkFJS4[/youtube]

I wanted to put these in my blog.... I have been playing regularly again...
Im so happy to hit swirling spinning butterfly swirl.... and now i can do it again.
I havent really put any on video, but ive been working drifters, and i love this trick. vortex is fun and easy when done correctly and can be easily linked to mobius so im working on it. Also, I have for some reason accepted that it is time to start going for swirling vortex>swirling mobius. All of the components must be tightened up to hit it well.

Im also realizing that my p mirages and osis can get pretty damn boring so p mirage at least will now be p illussion or p dlo from now on....

I finally hit swirling mobius>ripwalk and swirling spinning ducking butterfly>step so I have some links in mind....I have also been trying to use spinning ducking symp pickup alot because it is basically the same as montage.
I hit blazing butterfly bsos.
Ripped warrior >ripwalk >ripwalk rpt I hit first try so I figure I should start linking all of these in a run , or at least make it more dense .
SHRED HARD!

crazydwarf
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazydwarf » 30 Dec 2012 10:09

swirling vortex > swirling mobious would be insane. I love the swirling gyro stuff. It's weird/cool how it's almost like a rewind dyno the way you do it sometimes. Do you ever do surging stuff?
Dustin Rhodes

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 30 Dec 2012 11:12

^ thanks ...yeah ..even though it doesn't always feel it ...I like how it's a rewind Dyno ...combos like Pixie ss Dyno > swirling gyro Dyno are cool ... Swirling spinning butterfly > blurry Dyno is an easy rewind for me ..

I've had one super clean successful hit of surging blender ..but I remember I actually wasn't trying to surge ..I was just trying to hit gyro food as fast as I could and hit a clean surge instead ...I l try surging soon ...
SHRED HARD!

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 25 Feb 2013 10:33

its been two months since my last post.....

-yesterday was the first session I had in three weeks.
- lost my job, got a new one, that job sucked because the place was so smokey and I ran myself down. Got bronchitis and got really sick..... two weeks of bed and having trouble breathing.
- recorded a demo with my jazz quartet. almost done and will post it when its through.
- tried out for americas got talent.. for music, then they asked me about footbag and I went back to try out for footbag....the only time i touched the bag all month up until that point.....was so sick I couldnt warm up at all.....almost threw up mid trick...that would have been truly sick...... only one drop in the demontration. they seemed to love me but no response back yet.
- going through interview with insurance companies....also hoping to get extra income as a valet
- no smoking or drinking for me ....I have more energy than ever before.
- rearranged my garage, my music , my priorities, and my life ....I will never be caught in the position i was in two weeks ago.
- Still love footbag of course

after watching anz's videos of drilling I realized that I suck at footbag and dont want to suck anymore.....i need to solidify my income before I play footbag more often....but when I do I VOW to only drill 90 % of every session....i will try one new link or trick a session... until the next time I play footbag with someone...and that doesnt happen often....
yesterday I played

after kicks and basic stalls all drills were started clip>opp butterlfy then drill except for the toe stuff
rev swirl>ripwalk rpt X a bunch first try
swirl>ripwalk rpt took me WAY TOO long.
dlo>opp whirl>p ilussion rpt
whirl>swirl>reverse swirl>ripwalk rpt.
duck>div>weav rpt.
janiwalker bs
p drifter bs

i realized that I have not been pushing my game.....I have been trying too many big tricks....there is no reason I should have hit swirling spinning ducking mutiple times and still havent nailed swirling void......if I drill swirling spinning often...then I have no doubt that those tricks will come.

oh well ....I miss footbag.......but I will come back stronger than ever ......

I hope to go to worlds but dont see how at this time.....If I do ....great....If I dont ....i will be making a trip out west to meet up and shred

tried to work on whir....need to keep my knee pointed down....they were all the
SHRED HARD!

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 28 Feb 2013 18:01

session today..

hit

p dlo >dimwalk rpt
dimwalk>step ss mirage>parkwalk>step ss mirage rpt
dlo>whirl>p illusion rpt
sidewalk> ripwalk rpt
swirl>ripwalk rpt
bs eggbeaters
paradon>barfly>barrage rpt
SHRED HARD!

crazydwarf
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazydwarf » 28 Feb 2013 23:18

glad you started posting again, I was getting worried :)

out west you say? Would that include the cali area?

Also, I'm not sure if keeping your knee pointed down for whir is good... It's really hard to tell without seeing it and maybe you mean "knee pointed down" differently then what i'm interpretting but it should look something like this.. (I wanted to find dave since his are my favorites but I couldn't find a video of just whirr form him )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWwWj5Y10LM

I would call it knee forward more then knee pointed down. Knee pointed down sounds like you might hurt yourself. I find whirling set very helpful for hitting whir but I know lots of people don't so that might be just me.
Dustin Rhodes

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 01 Mar 2013 09:25

sorry I worried you.
YES IT DEFINITELY is the cali area. As far as whirr....im glad you said something....I was doing what I was supposed to as far as letting the knee rise after the first whirl, but then I was openinly my hips instead of staying keeping forward ....thanks man.....Ill try this soon
SHRED HARD!

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 01 Mar 2013 13:14

short session

all tricks were started hand drop >ss clipper> opp clipper start combo. toe combo started toe >opp toe start

sidewalk>swirl>ripwalk rpt
sidewalk>ripstein>sidewalk bs
sidewalk>p drifter>sidealk bs
p whirl>p drifter bs
smear>alpine smear>pixie legover rpt
parkwalk>blizzard>parkwalk>stepping ss mirage bs
swirling spinning clipper> opp clipper rpt
tried whirr again.....keeping the knee pointed forward and not opening my hips definitely changes the window and seems to take pressure off my knee.
SHRED HARD!

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 05 Mar 2013 12:37

one hour session

smear>smudge>pixie opp pickup rpt. X 2
sidewalk>ripwalk> rpt a bunch
blender>ripwalk bs
p blender >ripwalk bs
whirling swirl>side walk
sidewalk>whirling swirl bs
toe butterfly swirl>sidewalk bs
toe motion bs
motion bs
spininning motion
fairy opp legover
ripstein>whirling swirl

break through in motion.....basically i though of hitting a barflying gyro rev swirl and nailed motion
SHRED HARD!

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 10 Mar 2013 16:54

I know its blurry but....

here is todays session

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYf6qTs2Y5M[/youtube]
SHRED HARD!

richardabshire
Fearless

Post by richardabshire » 11 Mar 2013 06:42

Awesome Mark. Great drills.

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 13 Mar 2013 11:36

SHRED HARD!

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 21 Mar 2013 07:52

Yo man, thanks for the comment. I'm sorry I've also been pretty absent from posting in this blog. I've been watching your videos on facebook though and your game is getting ridiculous. Keep it up man. Hope to see you at Worlds.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

grek
Fearless

Post by grek » 25 Mar 2013 11:24

Cool stuff in the last vid! Especially liked the link of the day!! Props man keep it up! :D
András Horváth

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 02 Apr 2013 17:35

warmed up ...felt great...
1st try was approaching 20 ripwalks when I landed in a hole in my back yard and sprained by ankle....I iced it alot and am staying off of it beacuse i cant walk on it anyway .... But ill be out for at least a month possibly two. It sucks.... I got used to lavers and was drilling better than ever.....at least i didnt pop my foot off.

I have footage of it.
SHRED HARD!

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 13 May 2013 14:46

Well ..it's been a while ...still injured but its better ..I test it ever now and then and basically it's not worth it to try yet .. I have been putting more time into music than ever but still dreaming of Footbag sessions...
I am going to start just doing kicks next weeks and see how it feels ...also I have been holding inside stalls and clippers in a frozen position with the bag on the crook of the ankle ...Starting to feel more natural there .... Anyway .when I heal I will definitely take a couple sessions to just use the muscles and warm them up but I am so ready to drill ...I am literally dreaming of drills like p drifter > rev up > toe drifter > drifter rpt ...I hope to become the most Improved player over 30 .

Can't wait to shred and work form
SHRED HARD!

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 14 May 2013 06:29

Still injured?? Man that's been a long recovery. But yeah, smart probably not to rush it. Hope you start feeling better...

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 22 May 2013 21:07

You can do eeettt!!!!

Still think about you every time I attempt a Swirl Spin or hit a Ripstein lol

Sorry to hear you're still injured. Hope you get better sooner than later, man. I made up a song about how you shouldn't play footbag in dirt but I forget how it goes now. Miss reading your highlights and seeing your videos. You'll get over this dude. Just give it some time. Hope to see you killing it again soon.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman