Nick Pasquarello (from PA to OH)

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Pasquar
Fearless

Post by Pasquar » 13 Jan 2012 05:49

Thanks all!

I've been kicking pretty regularly since I've been back in OH with my new bearbags which I am obsessed with :o

Nothing too much to report except I definitely broke my infinity record. I kind of just ended up doing them in a string, so I wasn't counting, but I'm pretty sure I got to at least 20 and my form on them is WAY better
Nick Pasquarello

Shred on

Pasquar
Fearless

Post by Pasquar » 15 Jan 2012 19:05

:arrow: spinning clip>ducking clip rpt, finally. :oops:
Nick Pasquarello

Shred on

Corey
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Corey » 15 Jan 2012 19:47

Nice! Thats a nice combo.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 16 Jan 2012 10:42

Nick! That's killer dude! :) Props on that rpt drill! Try and see how many contacts of that you can hit. Don't just stop after 4! I know you can get more than that!

I miss kicking with you over break. I always see improvements from you, but this past break has been so significant. I see a lot of great stuff in your future.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 29 Jan 2012 00:11

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRWgps3q ... ature=plcp[/youtube]

From a while ago... Forgot to edit it until Mike reminded me that this existed :P
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Pasquar
Fearless

Re: Nick Pasquarello (from PA to OH)

Post by Pasquar » 23 Dec 2012 19:23

been too long, haven't been kicking much at all recently but had a session with Nick Polini while I'm home in PA for the holiday

pretty good session!

:arrow: whirling swirl bs (FIRST TIME either side!)
:arrow: blenders, got like 6 or so, strong side only
:arrow: symp whirling swirl (first time!)
:arrow: got 39 tiltless, record I guess, haven't really counted before

was working on a link I want to get real bad: ducking butter>far swirl>spinning rake, that's my goal for next sesh

hopefully gonna kick a bit while I'm home!

Edit: I hit a symp whirling swirl, not pdx. Just caught that... 5 months later..
Nick Pasquarello

Shred on

Pasquar
Fearless

Post by Pasquar » 23 May 2013 17:29

Had my first real session in a long time while I'm back home for a few days. Seems I only really kick when I'm back home and it's always with Nick Polini. While I'm in Columbus, I have mini sessions here and there, but they usually end in frustration. It felt great to have an actual session, and I got a lot more accomplished with support from Nick P!

You can check Nick's blog for what he hit, but it looked like he had a really good session. Really fluid and effortless stuff. I think his torque game is really stepping up, he can step out of it easily now :!: :!:

A few things from today:

:arrow: stepping op toe> delusion first try. Was not expecting to hit that at all, much less the first try :P
:arrow: wauxpin (nothing big, just thought it was cool haha)
:arrow: I had a decent string, maybe 10 or so, mostly guiltless, ending in a far swirl> hand catch. Pretty happy about that one.
:arrow: stepping ss clipper x3 on one side and x4 on the other
:arrow: stepping clipper>ripwalk rpt - I have tried that drill SO many times and got the first 3 SO many times, but this is the first time I got the full drill. Bout damn time!

Having a sesh tomorrow for NIck's b-day. should be tight!
Nick Pasquarello

Shred on

Pasquar
Fearless

Post by Pasquar » 24 Dec 2013 14:33

Look at me updating my footblog :roll:

Again, I'm back home and had actual sessions for the first time since I was back in May. Had 3 sessions in the past couple of days, first was with Nick Polini the night I got in. Pretty rusty but still manage to get some decent mostly guiltless strings around 10 or so contacts. Some highlight from that session (had to check Nick's blog to remember them :oops: )

:arrow: blink bs (both new)
:arrow: toe spinning clipper
:arrow: toe inspinning clipper
:arrow: blurry whirl bs
:arrow: blur>legbeater
:arrow: ended session with double spinning clipper (hit first try! felt amazing)

Then I was part of a mini jam with Nick P, Ivan, Ryan, Jeremy, Corey and a girl (I don't remember her name.. help?). Everyone hit some awesome stuff. Ivan's looking really good, fluid as I remember, but definitely upped the difficulty in his game, Met Ryan for the first time, he has a really fluid style as well. The girl (name?!) looked like she was progressing very well also! Some of my highlights:

:arrow: blizzard>flail (not new, just one of my fav links)
:arrow: spinning clip>diving clip rpt
:arrow: double spinning clip
:arrow: double switch bs (first time on flip, hit it a couple times)
:arrow: ended session with spinning rake>toe spinning clipper - felt like flash for a minute!

Then just has another session with. He's ridiculously good, no sense even recounting his highlights cuz that would be the entire session. We drilled for the first 1/2 then shredded for the second.

:arrow: spinning clip>ducking clip rpt starting from both sides (I usually start this with my flip spinning, but I finally got it from my strong spinning because flip spinning is particularly hard from a ducking clipper)
:arrow: Infinity x24 (dunno if it's a record, but it's the first time I've done consecs in a while
:arrow: blink bsos
:arrow: Tomahawk bs! (first time on flip, took me like 3 tries!)
:arrow: pdx whirl b2b
:arrow: double spinning clip
:arrow: came close to swirl>butter rpt (hit the first 3)
:arrow: came close to whirr!
:arrow: ended session with spinning clip>ducking clip x2
:arrow: I NEED WORK ON GYRO CLIPPER B2B! AGHHHH!!

That's about all I remember as of now. Hopefully I'll update this before June :lol:
Nick Pasquarello

Shred on

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 24 Dec 2013 18:17

It was a nice surprise seeing you on Sunday! Always fun to kick with you, really like your style. You better update this thing before June 8O

The girl's name is Kat, she also has a footblog on here (not updated as much)
Hope to kick with you sometime again before break is over.
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

Pasquar
Fearless

Post by Pasquar » 27 Dec 2013 18:49

forgot a drill I hit last session:
:arrow: stepping clipper>diving clipper rpt

haven't had any more real sessions in the past couple days, but hit a few notable things in quickie seshes:
:arrow: spinning whirl bs
:arrow: spinning clipper>blur bs (almost bsos)
:arrow: osis>whirl x4
Nick Pasquarello

Shred on

Pasquar
Fearless

Post by Pasquar » 07 Jun 2014 08:43

So I did have a session the other night with Nick Polini. It's always good to know that I can always count on that when I come home :D

Admittedly, I was hoping he was going to tell my highlights because he has in the past, but he told me to update my own footblog, so here were my highlights.

:arrow: WHIRR! first try. Personal goal for a lot time. Been working on it for some time now (not with serious intention, mainly a few tries every couple of sessions, but a lot of "mental prep", thinking about it a lot, ghosting, etc.)
:arrow: whirl>pdx whirl rpt (inspired by Mike, first try tho!)
:arrow: rev up (first time strong side, no flip) I haven't really tried that for a long time, feels pretty natural
:arrow: same butter>reverse swirl bs
:arrow: infinity>reverse swirl bs (almost b2b a bunch of times)
:arrow: calf bump swirl bs :!:

Definitely struggled for a while trying to get reverse swirl x2 both sides. It was frustrating and definitely a wake-up call for my control on swirling tricks. I gotta focus on stuff like this in the future for sure.

Hopefully will have another session before I head back to Ohio!
Nick Pasquarello

Shred on

Ohios1
Multidex Master

Post by Ohios1 » 10 Jun 2014 02:42

nice highlights man. glad to see you hitting whirr and whirl war.
angeski