david owen beyers

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
boats
BSOS Beast

Re: david owen beyers

Post by boats » 26 Apr 2015 10:19

Moda da fied. Havent blogged about PSU jam, but have had two sessions since that time. PSU was the bomb. All I have to say is that Drew Blackout drunk after having talked to coach and riding the alien is probably the funniest thing imaginable. For what you may have saw at the shred house of Drew (Dancing without any remorse/ breaking a mirror) is just a taste of the antics that insued after NYFA left the shred house. I will not go into specifics for drews sake but... lets just say that he is a very special person, that everybody is afraid of/ has mental powers.

So shred wise at PSU was really fun. I hit some things that i havent hit in the newer lavers. Blurry whirl both sides, spanish fly probably some other ish

Ianek hit that trick i was talking about in a previous post. Reverse whirling symp swirling monster. As well as some other amazing things. symp (maybe not symp) reverse swirling double pick up. double waxspin. Symp reverse swirling whirl i think. Spining symp reverse whirling gyro toe (Ricky Moran fan!)

Evan gatesman is a shred machine. This dude did not stop shredding all weekend. Late night on saturday and he was still throwing down. Really amazing to watch. He also give the best footbag advice

Bonslaver is the future.

Im now going to combine some of my highlights from the last two NYFA sessions.

:arrow: a combination of peeps that showed up for them seshes = Outsider, dole, drew, mikie, brice, marc, brian, eugine, Bijan, breakdown sarah, myself. The nice weather is bringing people out of the woodwork/ giving nyfa some potential new players
:arrow: dada curve rake
:arrow: drew hit double waxspin
:arrow: flip mobius
:arrow: vortex
:arrow: double around the world in to out> same side symp whirl
:arrow: scorpions tail
:arrow: inside kick to same side double around the world out to in
:arrow: reverse whirling gyro toe
:arrow: symp blink
:arrow: symposium whirling swirl!!!! First time. been chasing this trick for years
:arrow: atomic same reverse whirl
:arrow: symp double leg over
:arrow: whales tail
:arrow: spinning whirl (really hard for me to hit in the new shoes but im starting to figure it out better)

Footbag is alive in New York!

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 27 Apr 2015 22:46

might be back to New York for the summer...probably within the next 2 months. Kim and I have had our fill and are homesick as hell. Imma hit up a doctor back in the US and then hopefully ill be able to get some shred in during mid and end of summer with NYFA!

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 29 Apr 2015 15:38

Hi Dave.
Doug Tank

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 30 Apr 2015 17:01

thats great chris! NYFA wants you back. What up tank mane?

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 04 May 2015 14:53

NYFA session on saturday was a lot of fun.
Washington Square Park=location
Players= Outsider, dole, drew, brice, bijan, mikie, myself

Bijan's mom was there making something out of yarn. Bijan was killing it. It is always nice to play with schnieder.

here are some highlights:
-Mobius
-Vortex (first try)
-Symposium whirl>whirl>paradox whirl
-Symposium whirling swirl
-Pixie double leg over
-I was trying paradon swirl and whirling swirl from toe but couldnt stick either
-Drew hit paradon swirl in crappy shoes
-A bunch of fun strings. I feel like im getting more consistent with the tricks that i do. I hit the flow zone a couple of times.
-Yee

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 04 May 2015 19:23

Wow. Wow. Wow. Sick highlights! Mobius!? Vortex!? Those whirls! Props! Sounds like a fun session too!

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 04 May 2015 23:10

Very nice shiiiet!

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 17 May 2015 14:28

NYFA met on saturday at washington square park. It was a lot of fun! I felt pretty strong footbag wise. It's funny cuz leading up to saturday I felt horrible. The wednesday before, I drove into brooklyn for a noize show (Mostly abbrasive drone noise electronic music) that ended at 4am. The next day my allergies kicked my ass. I think staying up till 5am/not getting much sleep/sleeping in a dusty appartment amplified the allergies. It got to the point where i thought i was getting sick. Friday with the allergies as well. I also got some weird ass athletes foot that caused the skin under my pinky toes to rip (Looks like a gash). I thought footbag was going to suck on saturday.

Saturday morning it rained and washed all the pollen away. The park seemed clean, and i dont think i blew my nose the whole time. The gashes under my toes surprisingly didnt hurt as bad as you would think, and i was able to shred it up. woop woop!

Heres some highlights:
-torque>paradox whirl (inspired by bijan) first time for me hitting this link
-torque bsos
-pixie muted swirl (supper sloppy but ill take it)
-butterfly swirl
-spanish fly (Probably the deepest i ever hit)
-reverse mullet (First time)
-spinning whirl (the best it has felt in the heavy lavers!)
-mobius both sides
-vortex
-scorps tail
-merlin (first time i think!)
-some phat runs. i remember hitting a symposium whirl and reaper mid string for two diff runs
-cool sick threes that i cant remember

after shred we all ate at bear burger. I ate an elk burger. First time having that kind of meat and it was pretty good. Drew told us the name for the next nyfa jam. i wont spoil it now but lets just say that its high in starch

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 17 May 2015 16:31

remembering some more ish that i hit on saturday.

-ducking dlo
-gyro allusion>drifter
-atomic symposium reverse whirl (2/3 of your mom)
-gyro dlo

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 18 May 2015 06:09

Damn. So much good, you just can't pick a few things out and say "props".
boats wrote:NYFA met on saturday at washington square park. It was a lot of fun! I felt pretty strong footbag wise. It's funny cuz leading up to saturday I felt horrible. The wednesday before, I drove into brooklyn for a noize show (Mostly abbrasive drone noise electronic music) that ended at 4am. The next day my allergies kicked my ass. I think staying up till 5am/not getting much sleep/sleeping in a dusty appartment amplified the allergies. It got to the point where i thought i was getting sick. Friday with the allergies as well. I also got some weird ass athletes foot that caused the skin under my pinky toes to rip (Looks like a gash). I thought footbag was going to suck on saturday.

Saturday morning it rained and washed all the pollen away. The park seemed clean, and i dont think i blew my nose the whole time. The gashes under my toes surprisingly didnt hurt as bad as you would think, and i was able to shred it up. woop woop!

Heres some highlights:
-torque>paradox whirl (inspired by bijan) first time for me hitting this link
-torque bsos
-pixie muted swirl (supper sloppy but ill take it)
-butterfly swirl
-spanish fly (Probably the deepest i ever hit)
-reverse mullet (First time)
-spinning whirl (the best it has felt in the heavy lavers!)
-mobius both sides
-vortex
-scorps tail
-merlin (first time i think!)
-some phat runs. i remember hitting a symposium whirl and reaper mid string for two diff runs
-cool sick threes that i cant remember

after shred we all ate at bear burger. I ate an elk burger. First time having that kind of meat and it was pretty good. Drew told us the name for the next nyfa jam. i wont spoil it now but lets just say that its high in starch
^PROPS.

Wow. Seriously, man. Keep it going. That's the best highlights list I've ever seen from you.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 19 May 2015 02:23

You are getting really fucking good! Make a video!

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 19 May 2015 14:54

Thanks Nick and Asmus! :D I'm sure i will put out a video soon enough. I wish a drone could just video tape NYFA on saturdays and edit videos for us.

Just had a mini practice sesh next to my high school's track. Drilled basics while a girls lacrosse game was going on. I shredded for a kid that was filling up his water bottle.
Also hit crispy drifter>whirl rpt

I think a good footbag regiment for me right now would be playing tuesday, thursday, and saturday every week. Practice the basics and stamina on tuesdays and thursdays and shred hard on saturday with the club. Give my body two days to rest after saturday and repeat.

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 21 May 2015 06:36

1 prop in this blog= 11 faygo shots
Kevin Hogan

BSC

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 27 May 2015 17:01

Quick little video for my bloggy. Trying to get back into the recording spirit. Don't know how clean my dada rake is at the end. The angle may have something to do with it, but I def have hit it super deep before and this is not. Whateve, it's just hack. Enjoy!

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 28 May 2015 07:39

awesome stuff mayne especially feelin' the motion combo.

I put in work on the comic over the weekend, super busy but trying to have one page finished in a week or two. sorry i suck :P

miss ya daved. i don't know how i'm gonna make fun of people in portland without you.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 31 May 2015 16:52

whats up bruh's. NYFA kicked saturday. Good times and peeps. Breakdown, Brice, Outsider, Dole, Drew, Bijan, Greg, and myself kicked (8 people footbag session!). A kid almost grabbed the bag out of the air while johnny was going for a run.

Here are some things that i hit:
-Blurry whirl
-Blurriest (1st try)
-Supperfly (1st try)
-sloppy vortex
-spanish fly
-Maelstrum!!! First time in the heavy shoes
-pixie muted swirl (super clean)
-Blurry pickup>pixie far clipper>barfly
-spinning gyro toe
-ps whirl
-double switch>waxspin
-sumo
-sidewalk>whirl>symposium blink
-gyro simple reverse swirl

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 03 Jun 2015 17:55

Had a nice little filming session today after two days off nasty, cold, rainy weather. BSOSed fairy swirl! Links, single tricks, and some runs.

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 03 Jun 2015 19:12

Phresh Cumbos Boatzys
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Cass
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Cass » 04 Jun 2015 05:58

Nice David! I always enjoy how out of the ordinary your trick selection is.

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 04 Jun 2015 11:39

Thanks Cass and Kev! Always trying to keep it creative