Reilley Adamson's footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
boyle
Post Master General

Re: Reilley Adamson's footblog

Post by boyle » 18 Sep 2012 10:57

good luck with the job interview.....cutting down the transport time is really helpful (more time to shred...!) There's also the savings that you can make from not taking the bus each day.

Working on the tiltless is the good way to really step things up, it gives you confidence to different combinations of the tricks midstring. Nice work on the 4>4>4 combos. How about ripwalk>spinning osis>torque?

rjadamson
Multidex Master

Post by rjadamson » 20 Sep 2012 16:49

September 19, 2012

Another late post. I got the job I had mentioned previously, and today was actually my first day. It was really great, though compared to my old job that's not saying too much. Going from a chaotic retail environment where I have to sterilize my personality to a more organized manufacturing job where everyone laughs and swears all day is kind of awesome. The work itself will probably get pretty boring as the days go by, but it's much better than what I had before. I will also have my Saturdays free.

Anyway, Justin, Trevor, and I played yesterday. It was kind of a shitty session for everyone. I hadn't played with Trevor since I had started really feeling confident over the last couple weeks, and was hoping I'd shred him. Alas I was still pretty sensitive from playing so hard on concrete on Sunday. So despite wanting to continue with big stuff I spent a day working on basics.

My strong side toe illusions have steadily gotten better over the last few weeks despite the fact I never practice them. I hope it's just because of all of the work I've put on lately on improving my toe stall form, but I guess as long as I'm getting better from practicing I don't really care about the mechanics of it. Anyway, it's for this reason I've noticed I need to work on them more... especially my completed neglected flip side. I did put some time into illusion during this session, and they're looking very clean on my strong side. My flip side is extremely weak, and I think it'll take a while for it to get comfortable with a completely alien dexing motion. I think I hit like three of them, and they probably weren't clean. I can hardly stay balanced. I did hit a couple far illusions, and next session I'll go for the blurry version.

I put more time into various forms of ducking. I challenged Trevor to far mirage > ducking clipper, rpt since both of us tend to only practice ducking from clipper. Neither of us were able to hit it. I was particularly frustrated because I think it would be easy for me if I were at 100%.

I don't know what to do about my flip clipper. I wish I knew what I could do to improve it faster tan just putting tons of reps in with my currently horrible form. I've been finding I am quite the auditory learner in footbag... most of the tricks I do with passable form I learned by listening to how people land. Ripwalks have a particular "gallop" rhythm, and many other moves are equally unique. Justin pointed out how the bag makes no sound upon contact with my foot on my strong side clipper. My flip side is still so bad there is a distinct rustle. At this point I've pointed out several problems -- I don't turn away enough, my arm form isn't as naturally correct as my good side, and I don't think my planting foot turns away enough. But where do I start? If I try to focus on everything at once I won't even be able to hit a clipper.

Mathias Blau is visiting next week. I wish I were quite a bit better already so I could use the opportunity focus more on emulating aspects of his form. Daniel, I will try to hit your combo this weekend. I haven't really gotten into much spinning osis work yet, and both my flip spinning and torques are pretty terrible. But I have to start getting those reps in sometime... it may as well be sooner than later.

The final awesome thing about my job is that it's pretty much sedentary. I will really be able to rest my legs between sessions. Shit, this work is so easy I can probably watch footbag videos on my phone all day while I do it.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 21 Sep 2012 06:16

Congrats on landing the new job! Between the improved commute and the fact that it's easier on your body, I hope your quality of life will improve.

The auditory observation about footbag learning was interesting. I distinctly remember figuring out blurry whirl's footwork from the sound of the trick.

It sounds like you analyze your game very closely, which I think will pay off in very fast improvement. Can't wait to see where your game is at at next year's USO.

crazydwarf
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazydwarf » 21 Sep 2012 08:41

Yay illusions! I've been needing to practice those to help with my double downs. I would also suggest stepping ss illusion in addition to blury illusion. It's possibly a bit harder but it's good to hit both.
Dustin Rhodes

rjadamson
Multidex Master

Post by rjadamson » 23 Sep 2012 22:06

September 23, 2012

Super fun session today. Between the great view of the Puget Sound and the great view of hot chicks Alki Beach is our very favorite place to kick as a club. Today was likely our last session there of the year -- we are very lucky to have had such a lasting summer here, but I doubt the weather is going to hold up for much longer. With that said it's very cool that Denmark's Mathias Blau has made it up on his vacation up the west coast of the United States to see the last of our great weather. Two of our players from the Bellingham (about an hour and a half north) branch of Rain City Shred also surprised us with their presence. That made seven of us. Having two circles is so awesome.

My legs felt totally recovered from my rather harsh Wednesday session, and despite playing hard today I feel fine!

I opted to put off some of my illusion work in favor of attacking my normal bread and butter mixers, ripwalks, and torques. Hopefully Justin Dale will crank out a video of our sessions with Mathias, and I'd honestly rather be doing anything other than dropping flip illusion over and over in the background while they bust out cool shit.

My open sets felt really good today -- my flip made a small leap from last week, and I found myself clearing basically all of the sets. I hit almost all of my flip dimwalk attempts today. Much of my day consisted of trying to go for dimwalk > blur, rpt, but despite my flip dimwalks being relatively strong I had trouble getting them into blur. I'm not sure of I ever got past the first two contacts because I only started on my flip. I did hit mixer > dimwalk > osis, rpt... possibly my favorite highlight of the day.

When I am feel fresh my ripwalks are probably the best looking "harder" move I have from a form perspective. Although my mixers can be easy no matter how effortless it feels at the time I always cringe at my unwanted hand movement when I review the video later. I should really focus on my arms next session while I practice mixer. Same goes for basically of my toe game.

I hit matador into string today. I don't really do nuclear other than a few novels attempts in a given session, but I bet with a little work it'd give me access to some fairly easy five-adds. The string was shitty by the way... think I'll hold off on the video. Not sure how fast flip nuclear would improve considering my terrible flip clipper.

Mathias is great inspiration to work on my ambidexterity. If all goes well we'll get one more session in before he continues his journey.

rjadamson
Multidex Master

Post by rjadamson » 26 Sep 2012 22:49

September 26, 2012

So-so session. If Mathias Blau wasn't leaving tomorrow I probably would have skipped it -- I've had to run quite a bit over the past few days, and continuously rattling my shins has really prevented them from healing.

I spent most of the session trying to re-hit Ken's mixer > open legover, rpt drill from earlier this summer. The good news is that my flip open is quickly becoming usable. Months ago it would have taken me five or ten tries just to clear the set, but today I got a couple moves through the combo (starting on my flip open legover) almost every time. The bad news is that my flip mixer from toe is still really, really bad. I almost got through the combo many times... but just completely missed the flip mixer catch each time.

It's time to try and push my flip stepping set. Until recently it's seemed pretty on par with my strong side -- one of the only concepts I was equally proficient in on both sides -- but lately I can't clear a large number of attempts on my flip. There are some rounds where I can't even stay balanced enough to clear the set. Other rounds I can get through flip blurs no problem. I don't get it. Stepping osis is my new easiest trick on my strong side. I never considered osis something I was particularly one-sided in, but I still haven't even hit a decent one on my flip side.

I took my shoes off to stop kicking at some point, but instead ended up playing in socks. Ironically that was just what I needed to do to get through my combo, and I also hit smog after a couple rounds. I got a little ambitious and went for pigbeater a bunch, but the closest I got was footing it once. Lots of fairly close attempts though. It's not something I'll be able to do in shoes for a long time... I hate eggbeater.

Mathias was really awesome to hang out with, and hopefully I'll have more to show whenever we shred again next. I hope that a certain major footbag event is held in Montreal this upcoming year... I could probably make that. Madrid not so much.

I have a bunch of video from the session, but don't feel like I did anything worth posting. Anything Mathias may or may not have done is reserved for a real video someday. I am considering skipping Sunday, but my shins have been healing super fast lately... we'll see! Mostly I hope that Mathias enjoyed kicking with our crew.

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 29 Sep 2012 10:40

Holy crap balls man! You are by far WAY better than me now. Pretty jealous of about 95% of your highlights. Awesome to hear about your new job too!
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

rjadamson
Multidex Master

Post by rjadamson » 03 Oct 2012 23:48

October 3, 2012

I've been itching to play for a week. I took off last Sunday because my shins weren't quite healed at the time. Our club is also experiencing a serious dry spell in good (alive) bags, but thankfully several people contacted me in response to a post I made on here/Facebook regarding the issue. We'll make do in the meantime. I was also really happy to introduce a buddy I've met through my new job to the club.

I came in to this session wanting to work on drifter. Drifter has arguably been my favorite component aesthetically ever since watching Sam Potter bust them a ton during the prologue to my footbag career. But it's not something I'm really good at naturally. I didn't put as much actually time into practicing them as I thought I would, but I did get through dimwalk > drifter > mixer on both sides pretty quickly. I swear... sometimes coming into a session with an ambitious mentality will yield actual results. I also did reaffirm some of my form issues on my flip clipper by doing this -- my arms have a lot harder time getting in the right position when doing flip clippers, and the alternating motions of consecutive drifters really emphasized that problem. I would like to get all of the way through that repeat combo next session.

Today gave me some clear payoff for the work I've been putting on my flip open sets. Earlier this summer Ken had challenged me with some repeat combos involving my open sets, and during one solo session I managed to get four contacts through alternating open legovers... but honestly stopped focusing on really drilling open sets (especially flip) it after that. It felt like a fluke, and I didn't want to bust my ass not knowing I could do it again for a long time. Over the past couple weeks I've really buckled down to get some particular repeat combos, and today something clicked! I thought at first I'd be lucky to re-achieve that goal, but did it in just a few minutes. I got through five contacts of alternating open legovers several times! I hope to improve this record drastically next session. Flip dimwalks are now easy... I just need a little practice doing them in the middle of strings. Perhaps it's also time to throw smears in some repeat combos.

Justin also managed to find a traffic cone so that those of us without the bag could practice dexterities around a static object (something Nick Polini suggested to me earlier in the summer). Justin seemed to think my form got better as I practiced illusion around the cone, but I didn't really feel much better about it when I was actually practicing them. I did, however, notice that the cone method was great for double around the world practice. That combined with my flip open breakthrough should make hitting flip around the world a reality soon.

Derek: thanks for the read/comment! I am probably hitting a wider variety of things, but from the sounds of it your toe game is leagues above mine. I doubt I'm getting better faster... it's just that you're more specialized than I am right now. There's no way I'm even FOOTING royal assassin (I had to look that one up when you mentioned it in your blog) anytime soon.

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 04 Oct 2012 09:55

Totally doing the whole DATW around a cone, sounds effective. Definitely a wider variety, by far. But I swear you are man, and your toe game is gaining some serious momentum it seems. AND THEN Dimwalk >Drifter >Mixer?! On both sides?!? Only in my wet dreams do I hit that. Drifters always look so fuckin' easy, but I damn near die everytime I try to hit one, never even getting that close. Me footing that was so lucky, definitely not something I plan on hitting for quite some time. Symposiums suck. Probably the move that makes me rage(if I do) the most.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

PoisonTaffy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by PoisonTaffy » 05 Oct 2012 08:05

rjadamson wrote:I doubt I'm getting better faster... it's just that you're more specialized than I am right now
How many tricks do you usually work per session? I'm sure there's an optimized amount of stuff to work on per session to ensure both progress and variety, but I'm still kind of clueless about what's mine.
"Childhood is short, immaturity is forever"

Roy Klein

rjadamson
Multidex Master

Post by rjadamson » 08 Oct 2012 22:34

October 8, 2012

This weekend's been kind of shitty for me. I now work in the equivalent of an office with no cubicle walls and equally bad ventilation. So at exactly the two week mark -- this last Thursday -- I came down with the cold that my coworkers said to expect. One of the stipulations I offered my old job a couple weeks ago for quitting on such short notice is that I'd work BrickCon 2012 over this weekend. BrickCon is an enormous annual LEGO convention held in the Exhibition Hall in the Seattle Center (this year apparently had 12,000 guests), and my old job is basically the only LEGO vendor/retailer with a real presence. I hear they make a month's worth of profit in two days. Anyway, I took off Thursday and Friday so that I could undo all of my rest and get sick again over my weekend. I didn't get to kick at all on Sunday, and I took today (Monday) off just to be safe. Also... I've never seen so many weird looking kids in my life. Are these kids who can't even button their shirt correctly really going to be the ones designing buildings when they grow up?

Anyway, Justin hit me up in the afternoon seeing about an impromptu session after such a off-weekend. I was feeling pretty much better, and figured getting some exercise and doing something fun might be just what I needed to get some momentum going.

We didn't play for too long -- probably just an hour or so. I had already laid out in my head a few things I wanted to work on (namely down > drifter > mixer, rpt). Not only did I not end up working on any of that, but I also forgot to do consecutive down practice now that I'm racing Roy Klein to 50 in a row. No matter how organized I am things seem to go by the wayside. I ended up starting my session trying to make a little progress on illusion. Amazingly there was a short period in which they were looking super good. It came down to moving my hip more, and doing less of the work with my knee. Illusion always seems like something I just won't "get" until I'm much better, but hopefully this is a step in the right direction. After a couple rounds they started getting worse again so I moved on.

As of last week my favorite thing to work on is my open set. Everything about it feels productive. I am not physically fit in general, but I can't even think of the last time a concept has made specific leg muscles tight and sore. Usually the first of that feedback I get is shin splints. Having the good kind of soreness is the best feeling ever. Anyhow, once I got into doing open stuff everything else went out the window. My flip is almost as reliable as my good side now though generally the downtime components on my weak side are still generally weaker. I mostly worked on alternating open legovers... I don't think I got past four, but still getting past two sends shots of dopamine rushing through my brain. Just for the hell of it I switched to smear > open legover, rpt and after just a few tries footed the last open legover. In the end I did not hit the combo, but I wasn't expecting to get even close to this combo for a while yet so needless to say positive reinforcement is the name of the game here. I want to throw that combo in everyone's face because my toe game is so mediocre.

I think we'll be back to normal on Wednesday. I'm so glad I am getting over that frustrating period where nothing feels new and progression seems impossible.

I just read a post written by the Barranquilla (Colombian) club in the "Freestyle Footbaggers" group on Facebook inviting people to come live there for a month next year to shred. Whenever I see this kind of thing my immediate reaction is "I can't," but the way things are going for me I will have few strings attaching me to anything come next spring. That would be such an incredible experience. I am really thinking about it. One of my best friends is Colombian, and hasn't been back to visit his family in several years. I'm also not the type of person to attract unwanted attention to myself. It could be perfect.
PoisonTaffy wrote:How many tricks do you usually work per session? I'm sure there's an optimized amount of stuff to work on per session to ensure both progress and variety, but I'm still kind of clueless about what's mine.
I'm not even completely sure if I can answer that accurately, but I am certainly interested in finding that perfect ratio of spending a certain amount of time on a certain amount of things. I have a lot of bails I will just frantically throw in strings (legover, mirage, pickup) around a couple others I am comfortable enough to throw in (mixer, down, far mirage) to keep things kind of interesting. A lot of the former are probably only half-decent because I just do them naturally when I have to think of the next trick on the fly. But I can't imagine I go through a session honestly putting a good amount of time into actively improving more than two or three more demanding concepts.

crazydwarf
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazydwarf » 09 Oct 2012 09:12

Getting sick is no good. I was pretty sure I was going to get sick on both the flight back from worlds and also the drive back from USO. Turned out I got super lucky and didn't get sick either time though. Glad it's over with for you.

Racing to 50 infinities is great practice.

I'm jealous of your pixie sets! My feet just refuse to cooperate with them. It's cool to be able to do toe shuffle though so great job. Any chance of something like blur > smear or stepping far legover > pixie legover? Basically stepping > pixie?

Also I'd love to see some torque drills, maybe torque > open rpt? It's a pretty similar trick to drifter and mixer and I actually think it's a bit easier to hit then those two. Something to try maybe.
Dustin Rhodes

PoisonTaffy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by PoisonTaffy » 09 Oct 2012 11:12

Do you do any form of pixie ducking?

Roy Klein

DannyW
Shredaholic

Post by DannyW » 09 Oct 2012 22:20

dimwalk>blur> rpt?
Sorry i haven't made it to a session in a bit. new work schedule has me working wednesdays until 7 or 8.
hopefully this sunday i should be able to make it, though!
Danny Williams

rjadamson
Multidex Master

Post by rjadamson » 10 Oct 2012 22:58

October 10, 2012

Midweek session as per usual. I'd be lying if I said I'd be thinking about footbag all day (at work I'm really just sitting there watching TED lectures for eight hours), but I certainly felt primed for it after having a session Monday. At this point I feel like my body (and mind) would really enjoy more like four session every week. If I can just limit myself to under an hour I'm golden. I'm pretty tired, and would rather spend the rest of my night cleaning and getting some other stuff done so I'll keep this one short.

Starting with the bad was my stepping. I started with some ripwalks, but my gut was just telling me most of my sets weren't going to clear. Just hitting ripwalk back to back felt like an accomplishment when at this point at least one should be in every string.

I tried to do some consecutive down practice to see where I'm starting at in my quest to beat Roy to 50. Well, right now he has nothing to be worried about. I didn't break 20 once. But after all of the practice I somehow got into doing both spinning and ducking down links. I footed spinning down > ducking down > torque, but my form was so bad I don't even consider it a real highlight. I was happy that over the next half hour I'd get a midstring spinning down:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMK9scnzWkk[/youtube]

There was also one other decent string that showcases my horrible fucking osis:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WioD-o_CuEU[/youtube]

Both of those are looking a little one-sided in general. My freestyle is usually pretty bothsided (it's hard not to be when the only thing you've known so far for putting strings together are predictable repeat combos) so I'm not too worried about it.

I agreed to spend one round practicing illusion. I kind of dread practicing it the way a kid doesn't want to do their math homework. But my minimal effort over the last few sessions have apparently done something because my form was measurably better than it has ever been. Which isn't saying a lot. I'd actually consider this video-worthy but I'm not really in the mood to mess with any more of that tonight. I want to get my flip at least to where my strong side is,

I mostly wanted to work my open sets some more. The main drills I want all involve them now that I'm making some real progress. I did stay away from dimwalk > blur, rpt (which I predict will be my first four tripless in a row) because of my bad stepping. I did a few open far pickups, some more open legover work (including the whole drill, but I couldn't seal it). Both my alternating open legovers and smears didn't really shine today, but it doesn't matter... getting this far has made me really enthusiastic about them.
PoisonTaffy wrote:Do you do any form of pixie ducking?
I've hit phoenix, and I could probably hit darkwalk. But it's definitely not something I'm ready for. My normal open sets are still erratic... so while I can sometimes get it over my head it's probably not the result of deliberate effort.
DannyW wrote:dimwalk>blur> rpt?
Sorry i haven't made it to a session in a bit. new work schedule has me working wednesdays until 7 or 8.
hopefully this sunday i should be able to make it, though!
No worries... it's been a little disorganized lately anyway. If you haven't gotten to play with Trevor yet though you should... you guys might be even more similar in trick selection than we are. Justin is out of town this weekend so I dunno if an advertised session is on the table... but hit me up if you're interested and we'll make it happen.

rjadamson
Multidex Master

Post by rjadamson » 04 Nov 2012 22:00

November 4, 2012

It's hard to believe that suddenly I hadn't played in almost a month. Between our bag situation in the club and the weather changing I guess I wasn't too inspired to play during October. I admittedly am really enjoying that I literally don't have to take a single bus at any point in my current daily routine, and maybe it's turning me into a bit of a hermit. I've noticed that not playing footbag had really done a number on my appetite -- I've been skipping dinner a lot simply because I'm used to burning a lot more calories all the time.

Today was mostly just my session to shake the rust off. I guess the one thing about not being very good is that I can come back after a month and not really be worse for wear. It took me a little longer than normal to get warmed up, but for the most part I am probably about where I left off in my last post.

The focus of today was just testing the waters for my open sets. Sure enough I was able to hit 4 or 5 contacts of open legover several times throughout the session. Open sets are really starting to get more bothsided... which is more than I can say about my clipper game. I tried some consecutive downs, but did something weird so it hurt to clipper on my strong side. Don't think I got over 10 contacts.

I did a little bit of atomic today, and they showed some promise for next session.

I'm okay with keeping this post short. I'll probably be thinking more when I kick later this week.

rjadamson
Multidex Master

Post by rjadamson » 08 Nov 2012 00:16

November 7, 2012

Played today. It feels good to have played twice in a week again. I don't know how often I'm going to be able to play over the course of the month though. I'm currently a temp at the most chill job I've ever had -- that I can roll out of bed and walk to from my house in a few minutes. My cutoff date (along with the other temps) was supposed to have ended by now, but large orders keep delaying the inevitable. My current official last day is November 28, but today they announced two things: first of all, I had access to unlimited overtime hours until that date. If I pull a few 70-80 hour weeks I'll have enough for like three months of total living expenses and the new computer I've been wanting to build. Secondly my boss pulled me aside today to tell me they might be looking to add one or two permanent employees, and I was at the top of the list. So maybe working my ass off for a few weeks could turn out to be a long term investment too.

Unfortunately this means footbag is going to be on the backburner for a short while. And laundry. And cooking. And hygiene. And anything. But hopefully I'll still be able to play during the week.

Today I just kept working on shaking the rust off. For a short period a little over a month ago my toe game was really locking in each session after my warm ups. But what little muscles I had must have atrophied because I don't quite have that mechanical toe stall lift from before. I had a lot of concepts today start off with promise, and quickly degenerated into crap. My illusions and open sets were both pretty good for a while, but piddled out after an hour. I hit a couple the smudges and yet again tied my consecutive open legovers record.

Later in the session I noticed Justin included some far mixers into his game. I managed to bsos it first try on my next round, but I couldn't really repeat it.

At the very end of our surprisingly long session I randomly remembered talking to Ken about 4-dexes the other day. He mentioned sailing near mixer as a candidate for me (albeit down the road), and I thought for the hell of it maybe I'd try sailing for the first time. Result of a couple rounds:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ly1UzqQxWI[/youtube]
Last edited by rjadamson on 08 Nov 2012 13:30, edited 1 time in total.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 08 Nov 2012 08:57

That was cool...but when I watched the video I was really hoping you'd just bust out the ss dlo after the set. :lol: But yeah, this only confirms my belief that you can get a quad if you want one and put a little time into it.

Good luck with the crazy job schedule. I hope it pays off for you.

PoisonTaffy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by PoisonTaffy » 21 Nov 2012 09:40

This just in: 50 infy b2b competition is over. If you're coming to worlds, you owe me a beer. 2nd round's on me!

Roy Klein

rjadamson
Multidex Master

Post by rjadamson » 29 Nov 2012 00:02

November 28, 2012

I can't believe November is already over. The last two weeks have been a blur (please don't mistakenly associate this word with the footbag move of the same name as if I had deliberately made a pun here). I haven't gotten to play footbag once in three weeks due to my work schedule. If I had an actual list of life goals to complete before death I could now cross off one item. I worked over 100 hours within a single week during this period (101.3 to be exact). And now I also get to enjoy the benefits of lots of double overtime pay. I'm probably pretty high on the list of my employer's temps, but I concede that probably like bragging about being the smartest in a community college class.

Roy, it's awesome to hear you already hit 50 consecutive downs. That's huge! I don't think I'll get it for a little while yet, but I'll try and do it before we hit 2013. Depending on a few things I may actually be able to make Worlds 2013 -- in which case you will definitely get a beer (or energy drink to supplement your new coding obligations).

I'm definitely not kicking enough this season to combat the skill treadmill from leaving me further and further back. I'm certainly not progressing at my current rate. I've been talking to my personal trainer friend this month, and with a little direction in my overall physical fitness I think I'll be more able to improve at footbag. I am simply too devoid of any muscle. To play footbag well it seems like I kind of need strength to spare in order to pull off many general aspects of good form. So I think I'll start doing some serious cross training and diet adjustments.

Today was just another rusty session between Justin and I. I can't think of anything I did particularly well. I've been consistently practicing my open sets each session enough so that they're locked in enough to avoid too much regression. I hit 16 consecutive alternating open toe stalls in just a few rounds. At the very end of the session I also tried a handful of open ducking sets -- nearly all of them cleared my head, and within one round I hit phoenix for the first time since I had devoted myself entirely to hitting the move the first time. It was easy this time around!

Mixers were pretty bad. Dunno what's up with that... my legs were totally fresh today. Oh well.

Justin's going to be gone on vacation for a week or so. I probably won't get any substantial sessions in before he comes back, but I might be able to play a little each day during lunch or something.