TMNT Have Nothing On This Shredder

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 09 Jul 2012 09:56

Nice dude. Props on hitting that challenges. Your next challenge is FROZEN clipper> hand catch x10 on both sides. Freeze each one for THREE SECONDS. Film that shit.

YOU'VE BEEN CHALLENGED!!! *BERR ERR EEEEERRRRR ba dabba da babba da yuuuuuuuuuppppp WOWW* <--Cool theme song whenever a challenge is given
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 10 Jul 2012 08:18

Nick: I totally meant to record that yesterday, but I woke up HELLA late and screwed my day up. And then today the high is like 108, so if I bust an inside shred, I'll record, otherwise it's looking like tomorrow will be the day. Did you want raw footage of it, or just the 10 on each side? It took a second for your challenge music to play in my head, but it does sounds pretty awesome. Haha.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 10 Jul 2012 12:11

Oh course it sounds awesome.. it's challenge music :P

But if you could edit me a video of your 5 best failed clippers on each side and your 10 best frozen clippers on each side, that would be great, just so I can analyze what you're doing.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Derek
Fearless

Re: TMNT Have Nothing On This Shredder

Post by Derek » 31 Jul 2012 15:24

So it's been a while since I last posted, was super busy being sloshed. BUT, no more! I still steadily played for at least 4 hours a week, but only recently have I gotten back into shredding my balls off. And holy crap have I been doing well. For those of you that know, or don't, my Clippers are shit. I have a feeling that is going to be changing very rapidly! A major chunk of most of my sessions are just Clipper type things, and I've gotten WAY better, on BOTH sides! Been really drilling, trying to get them back-to-back, and it's actually starting to work. I have been able to hit Clip> Op Clip x2, starting on both my strong and flip. Also figured out a comfortable way for me to practice Ducking/Diving by setting from my Outside stalls. I've accomplished hitting Ducking Outside Stall > Op Ducking Outside Stall on quite a few occasion, and went as far to hit it 4 times in a row. For the Diving practice, I do SS Diving Outside stalls, Flip is still being lame for me. This has definitely helped me out seeing as I was able to hit Clip > Ducking Switch> Ducking Switch(set from toe), AND Clip > Ducking Switch > Clip > Ducking Switch(all on strong side)! Plus, I finally got my flip Illusion DOWN! I'm fucking obsessed with that move, especially Pixie Illusion, just feels oh so right to land. I can now hit it mid-string without screwing up all the time, on either side! I know I should probably write more, but I feel like that's enough. Now I'm going to list some DOPE strings from the past week.

DLO >DATW >DLO
Pixie Switch >Pixie Ducking SS Mirage >Mirage
Smear >Clipper >Ducking Mirage >Illusion
Pixie Pick-up >Pixie Illusion >Switch >Mirage >Pixie Switch >Smear
Mirage >Switch >Mirage >Switch >Smear >Pixie Switch >Smear >Pixie Switch
(All but the last one were hit in one session.)
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

rjadamson
Multidex Master

Post by rjadamson » 31 Jul 2012 21:14

Clippers are for babies.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CRm6vfDGeA[/youtube]

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 01 Aug 2012 11:27

Ill.

Yeah man, your highlights are looking way good. Keep it up.

I kinda wouldn't mind if you took on Chris Pinkus' style actually. I have always loved it but there hasn't been anyone else to use mainly toes. You should do it... You're already on your way. Just learn Symposium stuff and Atomics/Quantums.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 02 Aug 2012 10:01

Nick: Gracias good sir. And we are talking about the other part through text.

Reilley: How could you say such a thing?! I've wanted to Clipper ever since I first saw someone do it in a video, and it took me about 4 years to accomplish that. Now that I actually have a base with them, no way are they going to absent from my game. I do really enjoy watching him get down though, wish he had an HD video, cause on the big screen his shizz would look even DOPER!
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 06 Aug 2012 12:02

Last Solid Week of Shred Time

Next Monday school starts for me, so I will not be able to play as much as I do now. Summer definitely didn't go as planned, but shit happens. Blah, blah, blah, I plan on getting some shit down this week. Already with my sessions from Friday and Saturday, I got down my Flip Symp Mirage and started hitting some Ducking Clippers! Also, worked on hitting Illusion, both sides, mid string. Didn't spend a lot of time on it, but what I did try, I only dropped 5 times. There is probably a lot more I could write, but I don't really have the drive to update this, just want to freakin' play. Maybe after today and tomorrow's session, I'll get a bit more in-depth with it.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 09 Aug 2012 10:27

Consistent Strings of Full Tiltless

My last three sessions have been more methodical than most of my others this summer, I've been trying to smash everything into one nice session of drills galore. But I always seem to forget one or two key components, and it is different everytime!?! Everything that I do happen to get in there is usually very controlled and clean, except for some Clipper shizz(I tend to hunch, but I've been working on it). I feel like my progression from the beginning of Summer to now is not that far off of what I was hoping for(Though it woulda been far more if I had made it out to Stanford as planned :? ). My Clippers are getting fairly decent, was able to hit 9 in a row on strong side, and I've hit 5 in a row on flip. Clippers back-to-back have become a tad bit easier for me as well, though I can never get past 3 or 4 contacts. Once warmed up, Ducking stuff can be hit nearly on command, though mid-string is bit less controlled. A bit. My flip Clipper is even pretty good now, I can bust mid-string with it, and hit 3 adds semi-consistently. And even though for the last month and a half or so I've been focusing on my Clips, my toe game has gotten better. Flip side, I have down Illusion and Symposium Mirage fairly well, and came very close to hitting Symposium Mixer. Anytime I go for some Tiltless drills on my toes, every string goes on for a good 10-20 contacts on average when I'm working single move drills, but anything mixed up ususally gets 15-25 contacts for some reason. Plus my sets are super-dee-duper straight, especially my Flip Pixie now. Not being full Guiltless is not so much of a downer at all, mainly because I feel like I'm very close, and checking this semester's schedule, I'm looking pretty set on time for footbag 8)

Some Shizz
Ducking Clippers, they are actually looking like a move I can hit.
Mixer >Mixer >Mixer(All strong)
SS Mixer >SS Mixer
Symposium Mixer!
Mirage >Mirage >Mirage >SS Mirage >Mirage >Mirage >Mirage >SS Mirage >Mirage >Mirage >Mirage >SS Mirage >Mirage >Mirage >Mirage >SS Mirage >SS Mirage >SS Mirage >SS Mirage >Mirage >SS Mirage >Mirage >Switch >SS Mirage >Mirage
PLO >PLO >PLO >PLO >PLO >PLO >PLO >PLO >PLO >PLO!!
Pixie Clipper >Ducking Switch >Pixie Switch >Smear
Pixie Switch >Pixie Clipper >Ducking SS Mirage(or is that Paradox Mirage?) >Pixie Pick-Up!!!
Smear >DATW >Butterfly
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 10 Aug 2012 18:24

Derek, I have enjoyed following your progress on this blog. I think I am at about the same level as you are, give or take a few sets (I will trade your pixie for my stepping set) and it is awesome seeing someone else killin' it when I am struggling with the same moves. Keep at it - your game is gonna be sick. Also - listen to Nick. He is a good teacher. He taught me about half of the tricks I can hit.
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 22 Aug 2012 10:23

Ivan- Thanks man! One thing I will always find crazy is how crazy different styles can be, but can still be considered in the same general level. I wish I could make that trade man, so I wouldn't be so jealous of your back-to-back Ripwalks(one of my all time favorite moves and I can't even come close to hitting it...yet). When are you going to be releasing some lengthier videos? I'd love to see some of your strings come to life from your blog. Nick is the man! Just wish I wouldn't have smashed my camera so we coulda done the whole master and apprentice type shizz.

Escuela

School has started, so life has been hectic a bit, but things are starting to come back into place. I've had some pretty sick sessions these past couple weeks, and I wish I cold post some, but i'm not. My buddy is down to do a legit ass video for me(multiple top of the line cameras and top of the line editing softare), so I have been working on getting my strings WAY longer, and a bit denser :wink: . The video for certain will be edited to make me look like a boss, but I'll try and be sure to highlight the ends and beginnings of strings. I'm not 100% sure when it'll be filmed and ready, probably within a month to film, and then probably a while before final edit. I'm a bit of a weenie when it comes to shooting footage, which is why I'm going to bust my balls so things come with ease. Some spoilers I will say is that Clippers(both sides) will be busted with somwhat ease, and I will probably have some nice full Guiltless strings. Maybe some Tripless stuff as well, but who knows?
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 28 Aug 2012 12:50

Session With Allen

I had way too baller of a session to not post some of the highlights from it. But before that, I played with the Oroville Freestyle Club this last Saturday. The main guy Chris, is pretty good. Another Tiltless player, it was awesome to play with him. All in all, good sesh. But back to the main part. Got down with my buddy Allen for a couple hours after class at Crawford. I think it was the excitement of knowing that I'll most likely be getting down with the Stanford Crew this weekend, but I was going all out. Stringing some nice Guiltless stuff, and all my Tiltless strings were going on average 12-16 contacts, and was bustin' 4's way more often than normal. Here's some shizz:

PLO >Smog
Smear >Smog
PLO >Smear >Smog
PLO >Smog >Smear
Butterfly >Ducking Paradox Mirage
Butterfly >Ducking Switch >Pixie Pick-Up
Pixie Clipper >Ducking Paradox Mirage >PLO >Smear

This is all I'm going to post though, feel like I've already said too much 8)
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 30 Aug 2012 10:39

What Are You Doing?

People were bangin' in my usual morning shred spot, fucked me all up. Found a shady spot on the sidewalk, where I was having to move out of the way of people walking. A bunch of senior citizens were wigging out at what I was doing for some odd reason and kept coming up and asking shizz.
Highlights:
-Footed Symposium Illusion 3 times
-Hit Symposium Illusion!(Sketch like)
ATW >op Clipper >Mirage >SS Mirage >Illusion(repeat)
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

MathieuGM
Fearless

Post by MathieuGM » 30 Aug 2012 13:45

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic wrote:I kinda wouldn't mind if you took on Chris Pinkus' style actually. I have always loved it but there hasn't been anyone else to use mainly toes. You should do it...
Hey Nick.
You are almost right ;).
there is also Michal ''Cod'' Biarda from Poland that play mostly toe. And he is a killer :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEtivvp89hw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNGYhsfO2s0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2y8YQ3D9gk

The last vid is really impressive :).

Mat

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 30 Aug 2012 19:40

Mathieu: I have watched about 90% of Cod's footbag videos, one of the first freestyler's I cared to remember the name. He is The Super Beast.

Nate Linscott

8O How in the fuck have I not even heard of this guy till watching the Circles from USO 2012? He may have my favorite style of play(Just watched like 4 more of his vids). On another note, it needs to be Saturday already, I'm so ready to get down with the Stanford Crew(It's overdue). Plus, I get to meet and shred with Mathias Blau?? Heal up body, you are going to be put through some shit.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 05 Sep 2012 08:31

Stanford Crew Session

Starting this off by saying that Steve has one of the nicest houses I have ever had the privilege of stepping into. I could have spent the entire time just staring off into the distance from his balcony. And the pizza?! Bombfuckin'tastic!! First time I had one that I liked more than The Pizza Factory, and can easily say Steve's is for sure my new favorite. But back to shreddage, not the greatest day for me. I shouldn't have snuck that session in before going down there. My back was already not feelin' it, and I still have yet to get down since then. I need to stop trying to push so hard when playing with others, I try going all out too much. My pyramid needs the sturdiest base possible. On another note, Mathias has the fastest legs I have ever seen in person. Watching him was pretty intense(I think his first run was like 40 contacts, and he was done in like 30 seconds). Even though I didn't get to play my greatest, it was still worth the trip to watch Bear, Mathias, and Jeff get down. Bear hit some nasty shizz, which I'm sure everyone will see here in time. And Jeff was going balls to the walls, and went through 4 routine runs back-to-back. Learning and playing 4 square was awesome too. Never have I played it before, but now I wish I had three homies to play with. Time to ice the spine and stimulate some nerves. Can't even wait till next time.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 07 Sep 2012 16:01

Postin' With Ice On My Back

The session today was WAY worth it. So me and my camera buddy got to talking last night, and with school going on, and us always having other plans, we would just take things as they go. So I have NO idea when I will be able to post a new video. But now, I might as well just share all my details. Going to start by saying that I hit Phoenix, Ducking Symposium Mirage, and Ducking Paradox Illusion. I think that going for such big moves is part of the reason why my back is kinda screwed, and also cause I am currently a bit of a huncher(Sadness, but I'm working on it). It has been 5 solid days of resting, stretching, eating somewhat healthy, icing my spine, and stimulating those nerves(In between job hunting and school), and I was feinding for some play time. Like SUPER BAD. Once I got to the park and got all set up, I could not take the smile from my face, not that I was trying. Warmed up for about 25 minutes of kicking and drilling back to back stalls. Then I got to work on all my Tiltless drills I set up. Hit everything I wanted to, just not as many Clippers back-to-back(just 3). Some elementary school kids rode up on bikes watching me play at one point asking me a bunch of random ass questions. I think they thought I had skills. It was kind of awkward, so I asked if I showed them a balls out run, if they could leave me alone. I said it nicely, and explained that I suck balls when under pressure like that. They agreed, and after the run, said thanks for the show and went to do their thing. Played for about an hour and a half.

Go Away Run
DATW >SS Mirage >Switch >Illusion >SS Illusion >PLO >DLO >Clipper >Ducking Paradox Mirage > DROP

Drills
ATW >Illusion >Switch -repeat (Hit all the way through twice in one string)
Orbit >Mirage >Pick-Up -repeat (Barely able to get through it, then hit it twice in one string)
Illusion x2> SS Mirage -repeat
Clipper >Mirage >Pick-up -repeat (Twice in one string)
Clipper >Switch >SS Mirage -repeat
Clipper >SS Switch >Illusion -repeat (Twice in one string)
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 08 Sep 2012 12:20

Back Issues

Planning on taking a couple weeks off to let my spine recuperate. It's not horrible, it's just very funky, so I figure it is for the best. Wish I could fast forward these next few weeks, my game is going to be very smooth. I was funky feeling with my other session(I just stretched for about 30 minutes before) and I was really feeling it. I can only imagine if I can go 100%. Forgot to mention that I footed Royal Assassin as well.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 28 Sep 2012 16:29

Getting Back

Didn't want to be on modified at all while I was taking a break, but now that I am playing again, I will pop back on. Didn't mean to ghost it after all those posts. Just doing 1-2 add shizz, no drills, just letting things happen. Clippers are clean! This is going to be a shitty post, but oh well.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 03 Oct 2012 18:45

Tiltless To The Extreme

My past couple sessions have been pretty bad ass, mainly due to the fact that my flip Clipper is finally there! Been doing still only tiltless, besides some Paradox practices. My strings are getting more consistent and I am usually able to keep it up for 5-10 contacts. Though, I am hitting quite a few strings that break 15 and even up to 24 contacts. Most of what I practice is Clipper BSOS type stuff till I drop, so that's why I usually only go for 5-10 touches, and only today did I REALLY start to try mixing everything up. It was fantastically entertaining. I don't really wanna get more into it, so I'll just let my highlights explain further. I would like to add that I think I am doing quite a good job at spreading the word of footbag in my town, you can actually see circles at random form! But I am still the only freestyler, though I have tried to recruit some peeps. Maybe there is hope for this place.

Highlights:
Clipper set BSOS
-Illusion
-Mirage (up to 4 times(8 contacts))
-Switch (up to 4 times)
-SS Switch (up to 4 times)
-SS Pick-Up(up to 5 times)
-Clipper (up to 2 times)
-Paradox Mirage

I don't want to post, or attempt to post, the longer strings, due to the fact that I didn't plan them and don't want to be innacurate. When my sister gets a charger for her camera, I am going to try and post a video of my progress. No promises sadly.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield