TMNT Have Nothing On This Shredder

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Derek
Fearless

Re: TMNT Have Nothing On This Shredder

Post by Derek » 08 Nov 2012 23:40

Stanford was an awesome venture for sure, glad I could make it, and very thankful for being fed and driven. Steve played dope! My game was weak as fuck in the toe area, but my Clips were about average. Which is weird. Played Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday(Got my I^2 bag, and it may be my favorite) as well. I suck. Sticking to Tiltless till Thanksgiving if I can, or more likely till I put out a video. I'm too weak sauce for Guiltless at this moment, and I don't wanna step it up till I'm averaging around 30 Tiltless. Bought some USL, and scoped out some microsuede. So, finally some legit 14 panels will be made! Mr. Muffinman will finally be gettin' his freebie.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 11 Nov 2012 17:58

Just So You Know

I almost punched a dude for doing a toe pick up with my I^2 bag, even after I pretty much begged him not to. He is no longer associated with my circles. Still doing the same ol' what not with freestyle. Made two bags(14's) yesterday, one is decent, but the other one is pretty nice, they just aren't the best filled. Finally got a scale though! Tryin' to come up on some of Brad Benson's magic filler. Messin' around with my bags after a session I hit an Atomic ss Leg-Over. I was just fucking around and tried an Atomic set, and just so happened to clear it. Then, 4 more trys later, I hit the Atomic shizz. Crazy! Then when I took my shoes off, I was able to clear one clean Fairy(Out of like 6 attempts). I probably won't play for a couple days(Only if I don't stitch like 4 bags), my right hip hates far Pick-Up. Oh yeah, FUCK FREEZING CLIPPERS. But you should still do it, I know I do 8O.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

crazydwarf
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazydwarf » 11 Nov 2012 22:51

wooo, keep freezing those clippers!

From looking at those bags you stitched of t-shirt stuff I have to say with USL and nice filler they seem like they would be good.
Dustin Rhodes

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 12 Nov 2012 14:35

Haha, freezing clippers are a pain... but then you get good at them and freezing butterflies becomes your enemy.
Glad you like the I^2 bag, I started making my bags making out of microsuede and then upgraded to usl and there is no way I am coming back to MS. USL just feels and stitches SO much better! (I also found that while Brad's filler is really freaking nice, I find that it needs to be a bit more dense for my liking so I mix it with lead shot)

keep kicking and stitchin' - footbag is incredible!
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 19 Nov 2012 16:36

Grazie on the kind words peeps.

Hootie And The Octopi

Got down the other day, can't really remember exactly when, but almost a week ago. Black Ops 2 kinda took over my life for a bit, especially Zombies. I. LOVE. Zombies. But now I'm balancing my free time with both footbag and smashin'. I have no idea why, but even before gettin' down I was feeling it. Pushed myself quite a bit and had a nice mix of Guiltless in the equation. Don't think I'm going to go back to strictly Tiltless, just mainly Tiltless. Had quite a blast with the I^2.

What I can remember:
-PLO x6
-Ducking Outsides x8
-Switch >Smear x8
-PLO >Mirage x4.5
-Pixie Clipper >Ducking Switch >PLO
-PLO >DATW >DLO
-Magellan >Mirage >Switch repeat
-Butterfly >P. Mirage repeat

There was a quite a lot of stuff I just can't recall. One string I had was 30+ contacts of all Tiltless, but half of it was Clipper and Clipper set stuff. I shall still be putting out a video sometime, but my sister took her camera with her to Oregon, so maybe in the next couple weeks? Stitched 4 USL bags so far, just waitin' on some filler to make some more.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 21 Nov 2012 18:15

So High, You Can't Get Over It

Seems like I had the same exact session as the last one, hit just about everything I did before, except for Butter >P. Mirage repeat. Don't know if it's a good or bad thing, but whenever I'm done warming up with kicks, all my aches just disappear. I still feel like I am pushing myself when I go Guiltless, but now I can hit most things on command. Gotta work on stringing everything together, I've been trying to keep my combos something like 3> 2> 2> 3> 2 >2 >3 >3. I want those long ass strings, but I wanna be able to bust my shizz. I usually don't go past 3 contacts of 3's unless it's the PLO repeat. Had an amazing Clipper run on my flipside, it was so bad ass for me. It was Clipper >Clipper >Clipper >Mirage >Clipper >Mirage >Clipper >Clipper >Mirage >Clipper >Clipper >Switch >Clipper >Clipper >drop. ALL of it was flipside, totally wish I had it on film. My sister got back and she has a charger now, so maybe if I have time before or after the festivities, I can get to recording some stuff. Fun day, hopefully I can keep it up.

Edit: I did finally complete Reilley's challenge of PLO >DLO repeat. Like 5 times.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 23 Nov 2012 18:19

Why I won't be playing for a while....
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2saWEVnEM8[/youtube]

Next time I record, I'll have over an hour of space, compared to 15 minutes. It was a sick shred day, just went WAY too hard WAY too fast. But hey, it's a video.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 25 Nov 2012 11:26

My foot may be fine, can jump a bit now, and I can even hop on my bad foot alone(Limited time).Almost all my crank is back in my ankle, might hopefully play on Wednesday or Thursday. Just gotta keep stretching and all that jazz. Now that I have easy access to a camera, I shall be putting out more videos. Whether you like 'em or not.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 25 Nov 2012 14:11

Good stuff man - I haven't kicked in a while and watching your videos may just be enough to get me off my ass to do something. I hate rolling ankles. However, it is better than spraining or fracturing something - usually once you warm up the ankle, you can play on it, as long as you keep the rolling to a minimum (I find I roll most often when doing illusions) Anyway, keep at it. Time for me to get motivated.
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 25 Nov 2012 18:01

When are you going to put out a video man? And not some 30 second one. Ha. I was scared shitless because the one time I rolled my ankle in highschool, I was footless for 6 weeks, and this was more painful than that(I was actually able to walk on it right after, though, that may be what snapped it). Plus, my ankle looked like a softball at one point. How often do you roll your ankles? I'm terrified of doing that again, so I'll prabably be playing in an ankle brace for a while. Hope you get in some more playing time, and thanks dude!

Side Note:
Busted out some Switches earlier, and it was all fine and dandy, though my magic hop was limited. Tried some Mirages as well, and that didn't go so well, felt VERY funky and I didn't want to continue. If the weather is bueno, I should be putting out a video on Thursday. Oh! Mark my words, I will be trying to release at least 2-4 videos a month.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 26 Nov 2012 13:39

Well, that all depends on how much I play - personally, I do not think I am worthy of a video (I pretty much always play with Nick and Nate and video time goes to them almost exclusively because they hit some pretty cool shit)
Perhaps I might make a video of some of my strings soon.
I play soccer so I roll my ankle about 6-8 times a year or so... the fields I play on are either turf (which can really grab and cause you to roll hard) or natural and full of holes. with footbag it only happens when I try to do something stupid or do not concentrate on finishing the motions. I have definitely felt the magic hop feel uncomfortable with a rolled ankle, but after a while, your ankles will get stronger and even if you do roll, it will be less painful. Keep calm and kick on.
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 02 Dec 2012 17:21

That's right, I can see why you aren't all up on videos. I still don't think I am worthy of video, I just know that's the easiest way to be seen, other than playing with people. Get some Ripwalk back-to-back footage! Ahhhh, that makes more sense now. I thought you were rolling it while shredding a lot. Are you playing just for fun, or are you with some sort of league?

Update: Haven't been able to really play becuase of the weather. Did get down for about 20 minutes outside of my buddies pad, while waiting for him to get home. Nothing special, but I could kick and stall well. It was needed. Hopefully the weather stays dry tomorrow, cause I would like to play(and film. FUghCK). I have two strings I left out(on accident) from when I rolled my ankle, which will be added to the next video I post.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 03 Dec 2012 21:27

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIryatPSsns&hd=1[/youtube]

There were a bunch of sweet runs I thought I had recorded, but camera's and me are cursed. The bag I used was one I threw together with leftover cutouts, and it's almost 66 grams. Got Mr. Benson's filler today and made a bag for it, that makes 6 now! I REALLY enjoy it, and see why people like it so much. I think the thing I like most is how silenced it is, or that fact that it stalls itself, but still has a lot of pop. Not too sure when I'll be able to play next, weather is suppose to be crappy for a bit. My ankle is at 90%, or so I hope. There was a run today where I nearly rolled the same ankle again. It was whack. Totally didn't plan the Symp Mirage in one of the runs, just kind of happened. Hopefully my next video will have some worthy shizz.

Edit: HD! Also figured out that the camera I am using has a 10 minute cap. If you watch the sky in the background, it goes from somewhat clear, to overcast.
Last edited by Derek on 04 Dec 2012 11:57, edited 3 times in total.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

crazydwarf
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazydwarf » 03 Dec 2012 23:01

Nice! I can see a lot of progress since we last kicked together! Plus that bag looks awesome, good job.
Dustin Rhodes

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 05 Dec 2012 22:54

I appreciate the words dude! Hopefully tomorrow's video will have a lot more runs(otherwise it probably won't get posted). I plan on making a bag for Brian as soon as I get more material. So you may see a playable bag of mine at some point in the near future. Is the shred in Stanford still going to be going strong through the holidays(let's say Dec.14th- Jan12th)? There should be a window for me in there to roll on over.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Anton
Shredalicious

Post by Anton » 06 Dec 2012 13:37

Nice runs and drills buddy! I like the symmetry in your play, you've definitely put in some work! Very 8)
-A
\m/ichigan shreds

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 06 Dec 2012 18:11

Thanks Anton! I'm glad you like my symmetry, lots of drill time for me. Though I'm not too sure if I dig it actually.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X5b9LR8kk0[/youtube]

Another new bag for this video. It was kind of a rough session for me, had a lot on my mind, and of course my ankle started to act up a little just before headin' out. I was trying to put more emphasis on my flipside, but I would always have to remind myself. My ankle felt pretty bad at first, but after a LONG warm-up, I started to not notice. I'm going to stop posting a video for every session, so each video will hopefully be a lot better.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 08 Dec 2012 16:56

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTsVuhO2tqE&feature[/youtube]

I^2 bag for this one. From now till about x-mas, I plan on sitting on all my footage. So my next video shouldn't have much weak sauceness to it.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

crazydwarf
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazydwarf » 10 Dec 2012 10:56

your clipper form is getting better (your toe form to I think!)! You have a deep knee bend going which is great for your clipper form. It looks like you still need to work on, cranking your ankle (I know this one is hard), back straight (but it's straighter then it used to be!), shoulders rotated over the bag (you might be ok on this one it's hard to tell from the video), stay on your toes.

". Is the shred in Stanford still going to be going strong through the holidays(let's say Dec.14th- Jan12th)? There should be a window for me in there to roll on over."

Shred in Stanford is on throughout the holidays. Obviously we won't do tuesday shred on Christmas day and I don't know if thursday shred will be on but I don't think we'll miss a Saturday. I personally will be out of town for saturday the 22nd but will be back for saturday the 29th (My birthday!), hope you can make it sometime!

Also, I like seeing all these videos! It makes you feel more like part of the club if I can keep up on your progress even though I don't get to see you all that often :)
Dustin Rhodes

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 12 Dec 2012 15:38

Grazie Dustin! Yeah, my ankle is totally screwing me with staying on my toes, but I've been stopping once I find myself flat footed. Toes, toes, toes. Clipper form work has become a daily routine, just minus the bag. That's good to hear, depending on what goes on, I should be able to make a couple sessions. The 29th may be the first time I can roll down, depending on what Brian's doing. But I will be trying my hardest to make at least 2, if not 3, shred sessions. Thanks! I had to bust 'em. Sick of only having my word to prove shizz, plus it's good to know how crappy my form and game can be.

Shitty Fuckin' Day

Scratch that, shitty ass week. Won't bore ya with my personal life. I REALLY wanted to shred after watching Justin's addition to the calendar, so I went out to do so. Before I did, I worked out, and went a little too hard. Weighted pull-ups caused me to pull something in my back, which is lame! Did 3 times as much yesterday and was fine. And then of course when it came time to get down, my ankle started acting up. Plus, I forgot my lighter!!! Fuck it though, still went out to have a session. I really needed it. I was only able to get down for about 45 minutes, cause shit was hurting. But mainly because I forgot to charge the camera, so all the cool shit I went super try-hard for, was for nothing. Very irritated to the extreme. I did recall one string though, the one I wish I got on film!

Outside >Ducking Clipper >Mirage >Magellan >Pick-Up >op Clipper >Paradox Mirage >PLO >PLO >ATW >Illusion >ss Mirage >DATW >Pick-Up >Smear >Switch >Smudge attempt for a drop

First session I've had since the last video, and it was pretty good. Hit Smog mid-string as well. Sir Polini convinced me to learn some style type stuff(Clouds, dustpan, Knee shizz). First day, I was able to do about 10 Cloud kicks on my strong, and maybe 4 on my weak. But after that, it went to shit. Still haven't been able to bust one since. My knee bumps are solid, just need to learn to stall. And only today did I try dustpan(cause I was wearing some shoes), I can do it, just need to smooth it out. Too bad my body can't hang for shit.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield