Ivan I's Footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Re: Ivan I's Footblog

Post by Ryan_Morris » 11 Nov 2015 18:17

Allow me to pile on another compliment to your story. I like that you like writing :D

Edit: Oh shit! Top post!

Ryan Morris

PSU crew, ECFU, Michigan Footbag, and counting.

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 12 Nov 2015 18:21

Thanks! Can't wait to play with you in one week's time. I'm gonna suck, but it's okay because footbag is awesome and I just want to kick with someone other than my bitter self.

As a side note, over the last 3 weeks I've been doing crunches and other things every night before bed. Khoa, your post on Ryan's footblog ended up inspiring me to get to work. I'm doing about 50 normal crunches and 20 side crunches a night now, and my lower abs are starting to look and feel like the real deal. My lower back is also benefiting... Nukes, I'm coming for you. Again.

Last week I added push ups to my routine, I'm doing ten good ones a night so it's not looking so hot right now. We'll see how long I can keep this up. With winter weather just around the corner, I won't be playing as much footbag as I want to, so maybe it's a good time for the rest of my body to catch up and balance out a bit. Or maybe I'll just give up and be a lazy ass and hibernate. Someone remind me I wrote these things in a few months. Either I'll have gained 5 pounds of muscle, or 15 pounds of fat.
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 15 Nov 2015 21:46

Kicked with Polini. Kid's got bap in his future if his knees hold up.

:arrow: PDX Drifter BSOS
:arrow: Blender
:arrow: Spinning Butterfly
:arrow: Spinning Osis
:arrow: Gyro clipper BS

Atomic Osis > pdx mirage RPT is one contact away. That shit will be mine. Had a fantastic session. Thank you Nick. Legs dead. Will play a bit on Weds, then go to State College this weekend.

Sorta lovin' life right now.
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 24 Mar 2016 09:57

I'm alive and have been kicking once every two weeks this winter. It's been mostly miserable but I can feel the enjoyment returning with the warmer weather.

Sorry for the break from posting, just didn't have much to post in terms of kicky bag. Maybe I can change that in the following months.

I miss playing footbag with people. Hope to see some of you at Jamps next month :footbag:
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 19 Apr 2016 10:30

Update: So not playing much over the winter didn't really do me any favors. I slacked on PT and general conditioning and my left calf muscle is reminding me of that every time I play. Hello shin splints. Not the end of the world, I'll still play at Jamps, certainly not at my best level though. Mostly just looking forward to seeing everyone there.

School is going well. Crushed a semester long project by making a working system that notified people where open parking spots were in a lot. Some fun vision processing involved in there. There is a chance that a company might buy the idea from me to develop it further, which could be exciting.
Work is busy. Just got made the person in charge of designing the look and feel of our applications, which is a fun challenge that I'm mostly unprepared for. It's a cool opportunity to learn more and kick ass.
Girl is doing well. It'll be six months that we've been together in a weeks time. Can't complain about anything, aside from the fact that there aren't nearly enough hours in a day to do everything I want.

I'll see some of you guys at Jamps. Pretty stoked.
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 19 Apr 2016 19:01

Sounds like you're killing it. The parking thing sounds useful. I have thought I have the idea, but never bothered to go any further into it, to have a map that shows parking areas that are free at certain times (eg it's paid parking until 5pm, so it's free after that, or it's a loading zone at certain hours). It'd have to be pretty limited in scope (eg one city), though I imagine the main limitation would be data entry and it wouldn't actually be that hard to do.

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 22 Apr 2016 12:20

Jamps hype!!!!

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 05 Jul 2016 20:26

Oof. I'm a horrible person, I know. Still alive and kicking though.

Playing with Jon and Ryan in Center City today. Really happy to play with someone. It's been a lonely summer in terms of shredding with people.

Oh, I also got this recently: https://www.instagram.com/p/BHQ0fE-gV_c/
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 06 Jul 2016 03:21

Good to know you're alive and kicking. It is so refreshing to have some extra guests if you are kicking alone regularly.

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 13 Sep 2016 21:53

Modified, you're awesome. I just want you to know that.

I neglect you and you're still there for me every time I'm bored and want to see what's up in the footbag community. That's awesome. This post will be very ramblomatic as it's late and I'm tired, but hey, what's new?

The power of photoshop and shooting in RAW - first image is unedited.
Your average instagram filter has got nothin on this. 24.5 megapixels is a lot. The net fields at ECFC were their usual level of shitty. Manu is a beast at net. What's new?

Spent about 60 hours this past month building a deck at my parents' house which turned out really really well. Four weeks into my penultimate semester at PSU. Working close to full time at the same software place I have been for the past two years, really starting to kick ass and find my element there. Still with my awesome girlfriend, going on 11 months now (many of you have already met Kat at a footbag event). Still playing with trains and messing around with woodworking and electronics in my free time. Where does that leave me with footbag?

Unfortunately, not very far. The summer was a tale of me having a session and then waiting two-three weeks till my next one. Naturally, my level of play plummeted, mostly in terms of consistency with basic tricks. Slowly getting over a nasty case of shin splints. Recently I got mad at myself for neglecting footbag and had a string of sessions every other day for about two weeks. Slowly backing off that frantic schedule because of time constraints and physical strain on my legs but my outlook on my game has come out healthier.

I've been limiting myself to bops and basic 2 add drills to warm up. If I can't get a certain number of consecutive tricks or links, I can't move on to the fun stuff so I keep drilling the basics until I can get my number (at this point we're back up to 25 contacts for all drills). Slowly pushing bops in an effort to replace tiltless bails in my runs. Have plans to bight the bullet and get a gym membership this winter so my game doesn't fall off again.

DLO Jam in London was amazing. No words. Thank you Cass and the rest of the Canadians for hosting (Derek is an honorary Canadian). I guess I'll post the video here for the memories:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S69aru0avSE[/youtube]

Mostly just miss playing with the PSU crew. Played with Ben at ECFC this past weekend and man did I miss our two man sessions back in the PSU squash courts. Miss playing with all of you guys and gals.

I need to make a video of my game at some point, it's way overdue. Even if I'm not happy with where I'm at atm, I just need to get over it and do it.

I need to post ECFC footage. I need to do homework. I need to sleep. One of these things isn't happening tonight.
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 15 Sep 2016 07:37

Great post. Perfect way to warm up. I'm glad you're getting a gym membership. Good work, all around. But hey, what's new?
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman