Set Phasers To Love Me! [April's Footblog (PSU)]

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Re: Set Phasers To Love Me! [April's Footblog (PSU)]

Post by C-Fan » 10 Oct 2014 06:10

Good that you're thinking of your future, but don't limit your options for grad school unnecessarily.
bluevampire101 wrote: And the cool thing about in-state grad schools is the possible financial aid! (Cal Grant, more scholarship opportunities, etc. etc.).
When I applied to grad school at Cornell, the application had one box that said: "would you be interested in financial aid?" and I checked it "yes." I assumed that meant they'd send me more information, and I'd have to fill out more paperwork/applications. Instead, when I got my acceptance letter it also had a separate letter informing me they were giving me $20K in fellowship money. 8O That really helped me out with tuition, and I was an out of state applicant. So yeah, don't feel you have to go to grad school in California, because there can be money floating out there even for out-of-state applicants.

bluevampire101
Multidex Master

Post by bluevampire101 » 19 Oct 2014 09:46

Ken: Thanks! :D That's good to know. After I read that, I started expanding my search to other schools I might be interested in that had Counseling (or something remotely close) to it as a program.

Yesterday, I kicked with the PSU crew and it was a good turnout. We even had to split into two circles, which was cool. Fun times.
Highlights:
:arrow: Dustpan on one side - just for fun at the end of the session (first time hitting it)
:arrow: Fairy flapper on one side, footed on the other (first time)
:arrow: Decently long-ish string - Khoa said that it was at least 11 contacts (tiltless)

After the session, Ben and I went home and I made enchiladas - semi-homemade. They turned out pretty good/well.
Ben went to hang out with friends, while I stayed at home prepping bags - six bags ready to stitch now! (I was cutting out panels and planning what designs I wanted).
I also made instant puddings: pistachio flavored, and white chocolate flavored. Yum.

In other news, I was just recently thinking today that I don't think I know what I actually want to do now. I said that I wanted to be a school counselor or academic advisor, but I'm not so sure anymore. I was looking through some other academic programs from some schools, and I don't think I'm interested in much else that's offered. I mean, I probably wouldn't mind just going with the motions of going to school for school counseling, but I don't know if I would be happy (not necessarily that I would be unhappy doing it). I'm fickle *sigh*
I probably also wouldn't mind just perhaps staying home when I graduate (though of course still visiting/traveling before going home). But then, I would probably feel like I would be missing grad school as an opportunity since I have no idea how to handle it after taking a break from school for a while (with the whole letters of recommendation thing, and test scores and stuff).
Also, I feel like I kind of just want to be home, or on the west coast at least. I suppose I'm sort of homesick and not that I don't like the east coast, but it'd be nice to be back for at least a little while. In my college career, I've only ever been home once shortly during the summer, and it perhaps just wasn't enough. It's different calling my family irregularly and infrequently (since it's always "same ole same ole") and seeing them in person and being able to spend time with them.
:roll:
Anywho, life goes on. We'll see how this turns out.
For now, I will go on with undergrad and graduate next fall (tentatively).
April Tou
kicker, stitcher, footbag enthusiast, baker of PSUFC

"Drill until it's ingrained." -old Indian proverb according to a book I read

bluevampire101
Multidex Master

Post by bluevampire101 » 25 Oct 2014 09:33

Kick is later today! Plans are that Ivan will be helping me (and perhaps others) with Illusions!

In the mean time, here is a fairy video that I whipped up (Ben put it together and filmed) for Vince to show to Brandon in Michigan:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2AAJ4dqLRU[/youtube]
April Tou

bluevampire101
Multidex Master

Post by bluevampire101 » 27 Oct 2014 11:14

I suppose I will do a check-in so that my progress does not get too backed up. I've been kicking but not posting since it wasn't too much but here goes:

10/14 Highlights:
:arrow: Pickup b2b x13
:arrow: ss Pickup (left) x4
:arrow: ss Pickup (right) x5
:arrow: Pickup>ss Pickup rpt
:arrow: Fyro Clipper (Fairy Gyro Clipper)
After this session, Ben and I went to Tadashi to eat (Japanese restaurant). Got some good noms - I got one order of pork belly yakitori and chashu don (BBQ pork rice bowl), while Ben got one order of squid legs yakitori and unagi don (eel rice bowl), and we split a rainbow roll.

10/16 Highlights:
:arrow: ATW (left) x5
:arrow: ATW (right) x4
:arrow: Orbit (left) x5
:arrow: Orbit (right) x4
:arrow: ATW>Orbit (left) x2.5
:arrow: ATW>Orbit (right) x1.5
:arrow: Footed Smudge a lot
:arrow: Fairy ss Pickup>Fairy op Legover (strong side)
After this session, Ben and I spontaneously ate at Chili's. I have re-realized that places like Chili's are pretty mediocre since they're chain restaurants among other reasons. Not to mention when you start cooking your own food, other foods start tasting not as good (sometimes). The only redeeming thing from Chili's in my opinion was the chips and salsa that we got.

10/18
(Two posts above)

10/21 Highlights:
:arrow: Legover b2b x5
:arrow: Clipper>far Legover bs x2
:arrow: Clipper>near Legover bs
:arrow: ss Legover (left) x2
:arrow: ss Legover (right) x5
:arrow: ss Legover>Legover rpt
It was this session that I realized that weak support leg is weak.

10/23 Highlights:
:arrow: Fairy tricks video (posted above)
:arrow: Mirage bs x5
:arrow: ss Mirage bs x5 (not b2b)

10/25 Highlights:
:arrow: Fairy near Dragon
:arrow: Flip Fairy ss Flapper (the one that I footed the last time)
:arrow: Flip Illusion (not new, but hadn't hit it in a while before)
:arrow: Some cool, good strings
:arrow: Ivan kicked with us
After this session, all of us (Ryan, Khoa, Ben, Ivan, me) went to eat at Big Bowl (Chinese restaurant). Ben and I went to try out a new bubble tea place in town called Kung Fu Tea. We all met back up at shredhaus eventually. Then the hangout there was pretty fun - stitching related things, talking and joking around, and watching Evan & Ken clips.

Pumpkin Jam is coming up.
After that is NYJ in Michigan.
After that is PSU Jamps V.
Footbag.
April Tou

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 28 Oct 2014 20:58

All the new highlights are really awesome! Big fan of all the basics records you're beating. Keep at it. They will only push your game further. And with how awesome your Fairies look, your Fairy shuffle should be able to grow wings any day now. Stoked to shred it up with you at Pumpkin Jam!
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

bluevampire101
Multidex Master

Post by bluevampire101 » 14 Dec 2014 16:14

Hello modified. Recently I hadn't kicked in like 2 weeks because of school things being all stressful, but I am happy to say that yesterday marks the beginning of my coming back. I kicked yesterday (near) with Ben, Ivan, Ryan, and Khoa. Then we hung out at shredhaus. We watched some calendar videos and stitched and stuff.

Today I finished my first 92-panel which shall be shown soon enough. And I also kicked with Ben and Ivan today. Fun stuff.

Soon, Nate shall come back and I plan to make graham-cracker-crust pumpkin pie, and cheesecake cookie cups to welcome back his arrival to State College.

School is almost soon over for the semester. I have some final things to finish up. Then, winter break and NYJ. Excite.
April Tou

bluevampire101
Multidex Master

Post by bluevampire101 » 19 Dec 2014 06:27

I suppose I shall write again. I kicked yesterday and the day before with Nate, Ben, Ivan, and Khoa. Ryan also showed up yesterday but not to the previous day (busy school stuff).
It was pretty fun kicking. I have been feeling better about kicking, which is cool.
I am excited for New Year's Jam! :D

Yesterday was especially fun because Ivan was teaching me some things (Atomics and double dexes, specifically Paradon I believe). Although I was nowhere really near hitting Paradon, they were fun attempts. :) Fun stuff. Thanks Ivan!

In other news, I am waiting for just one more grade to get in for the semester. I passed my philosophy class, which is a relief to me. Although an A would have been cool, I just needed to pass the class as a subrequirement for the major. I was also pleasantly surprised to get an A- in my English class, which is a gen ed, as well as an A in Russian. I'm hoping to get an A in my last class, psychology, which would be nice.
I am now worried-ish for my next semester, which would be my second to last semester at Penn State, as well as probably one of the more important ones. I will be taking more 400-level courses (I had just taken my first one this past semester). I will be taking my last philosophy class, which is philosophy of literature. And I will also be taking a psychology class for research methods and writing, which I have heard to be difficult, so I will probably just be looking to pass that class.

Anywho, footbag. Excited for New Year's Jam.
I am also excited for the new year in general, 2015 seems like it will be a good one.
April Tou

bluevampire101
Multidex Master

Post by bluevampire101 » 06 Jan 2015 09:04

Hey!

Back from NYJ and got all my grades from the semester! Awesome. I ended up with an A for my psych class. Yay!

Thursday morning before NYJ, I made my first quiche. It had mushrooms, onions, ham, broccoli, and spinach, and cheeses, and it was pretty delicious.

For New Year’s Jam, I baked a lot of stuff to bring: vegan zucchini bread, snickerdoodles, toasted almond cookies, chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, and raspberry and almond shortbread cookies.

Boats and Drew headed to State College Thursday night and stayed for the night before we (Boats, Drew, Ben, Greg, and I) headed out towards Michigan. That night I also made homemade chicken enchiladas for dinner.

Friday, we headed out around 10:30AM and got to Michigan around 5:00-5:30PM. When we got to the hotel spot, we saw Alex and Johnny walking out of the hotel lobby/main area, and we all gathered up and waited for others to come by. During the wait, everyone except me played some hack in a circle, whilst conversing and the like.
Eventually, Zach stopped by and let us into his hotel room where we waited for the others. As time passed, more people showed up and it came towards 6PM, where then people started heading to Adam’s house.

Adam’s house was surprisingly big. The basement, where my group slept for the night and where people kicked was pretty big. It was a nice house. There were three circles happening in the basement for a while, and it looked pretty fun. I warmed up a bit, but did not join any circles since I was just prepping my legs for Saturday.

I also had brought some cookies that I made earlier in the week that people could eat freely Friday night: Matcha (Green Tea) Sugar Cookies with Matcha frosting, and White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Craisin Cookies.

Towards the end of the night, people set up four-square and played. I learned from Johnny that typical four-square is usually around 7 square feet, which surprised me. Ben and I also sold some bags which was pretty cool.
A lot of people ended up staying at the hotel, so there was a lot of space in Adam’s basement. Zach was nice enough to let Ben and I use his air mattress which fit two people. There were also couches and futons and other furniture in Adam’s basement already, as well as some other borrowed air mattresses and cots and stuff.

Saturday morning, my group and Adam went to Denny’s for breakfast then headed to the event site (Sport Complex on UMichigan campus). It was a great turnout for the event. For Saturday, there were three competitions: Intermediate Circle, Open Circle, and Requests. I decided not to compete in any of them.
For intermediate circles, there were three pools. Of the three pools, Ben, Ryan, and David moved on, and David ended up winning. Congrats to him :D It was pretty cool since it was his first competition and he won.
For open circles, there were four pools. Of the four pools, Nate, Johnny S., Nick L. and Evan moved on, and Evan ended up winning. Although Johnny won, he did not compete in the final circle. Regardless, the final circle was epic to watch. I’m sure many people have footage to release of it.
For requests, I participated on the sidelines. I was able to do the first five requests, which was nice to find out. Khoa won the intermediate requests (was the last one standing from the intermediate group). Honestly, I don’t remember who won requests for open, but I think it was Evan.

Afterwards, we all eventually met up at Whirlyball, which looked really fun. I again, decided not to participate because I wasn’t really feeling it. But I’m sure I would come across it again (next year, eh?) to play then. There was a bunch of pizzas going out, and salad and breadsticks. There were pool tables and a bunch of couches and stuff, with big windows to watch people play whirlyball. I played pool a couple of times with Ben and Greg. I suck at it.
A lot of people were very entertaining Saturday night. I heard and saw a lot about Alex eating a lot of salad. I heard that he was at the bar asking about beer casually eating salad out of his hand. After hearing about that, I saw that he was bringing the huge salad bowl out of the conference room. Mikie was fun and entertaining and impressive with the drums (he’s got the itch). Ianek was also very cool, since he played the drums to some (Matt K, Adam, and Evan) kicking. And Johnny Sarah was funny. He kind of just tore into the zucchini bread without realizing it, but I’m glad he enjoyed it.

On the way back to Adam’s place, Drew played a lot of cool music videos. A lot of Boats music tastes are good. And probably Drew too. The way back seemed like it took forever.
That night, a lot of the people staying at Adam’s place ended up kicking until around 3:30AM-4AM. That was fun, although I was mostly just lying in bed and listening to the conversations.

Sunday Breakfast at Denny's

Sunday, Ben and I had planned to leave with Boats, Drew and Greg at around 2PM (basically as we got to the event site to say bye), but Nick mentioned that he had room in his car if we wanted to stay a bit longer, which we took up. That was nice because we got to kick a bit and join in on workshops. There were also other fun comps such as Tiltless Endurance (how long can you shred tiltless without dropping), Mirage Race, and maybe one more but I don’t remember.
There were awards passed out and some cool freestyle disc demonstration. Pictures were taken. Things happened.

Anywho, the event overall was very fun and I am excited to hopefully attend again next year.
So far, this year is turning out well.

TL;DR or you just came for pictures:

April Tou

bluevampire101
Multidex Master

Post by bluevampire101 » 08 Jan 2015 13:10

I just thought I'd record this for the future.

I literally had a dream (trick): Alpine E-Walk (Frantic Ducking Butterfly -- Pixie Quantum Ducking Butterfly).

Perhaps someday in the future I'll be able to hit this. ;)
April Tou

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 10 Jan 2015 19:00

Just be careful to not knee yourself in the face if you try this (speaking from painful experience here, lol)

bluevampire101
Multidex Master

Post by bluevampire101 » 13 Jan 2015 09:03

Haha thanks Janis :) I'll keep that in mind, though it probably won't be anytime soon that I will attempt that trick. Far over my head in terms of ability for now.

So, at first I wasn't planning to make a New Year's Resolution list for footbag this year, but I ended up making one since I had some time between classes.
I'm thinking that I will keep it to myself for now, perhaps until the end of the year and then reflect on it then because with my past list last year, I did not really keep to it. I'm hoping that this year's list is more reasonable/realistic, We'll see.

For now, I'm excited for PSU Jamps coming up. After NYJ, I started thinking more about it. Hope all the planning goes well.
April Tou

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 16 Jan 2015 18:55

Talked about it, now I want to see it. You guys will kill Jamps. Which, is a great thing.

You are good.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

bluevampire101
Multidex Master

Post by bluevampire101 » 15 Feb 2015 07:07

Derek: Thank you thank you.

I suppose I will just post it now. My Footbag New Year's Resolutions List. Please don't judge me.

1) At least 35 tiltless contacts
2) Osis x15
3) Butterfly/Infinity x15
4) Dyno b2b
5) Fairy Silver
6) Ducking - Toe, Clipper, Butter
7) Mirage>ss Mirage rpt x5 (20 contacts)
8) Ss Legover x10 bs; Symple Legover x10
9) DLO bs
10) Drifter bsos
11) Learn a downtime double dex bs
12) Torque bs
13) Whirl/Whip bs
14) Butter>ss Guay rpt x5 (20 contacts)
15) Butter>ss Butter rpt x 5 (20 contacts)
16) Clipper>Far Legover rpt x5; Clipper>Far Pickup rpt x5 (20 contacts for both)
17) BOP x5 (15 contacts)
18) Ss Clipper x15 bs; Clipper>op Clipper x15
19) Illusion>ss Illusion bs; Bubba bs
20) Calf Roll bs
Bonus) Ripwalk b2b

Special:
-Atom Smasher
-Eggbeater
-Blender
-Swirl/Reverse Swirl
-Grifter

I have been kicking, although not as much as I would like to. School is a pain, and the weather is just as bad. This past week was pretty brutal. I had a couple exams that made me anxious. No report of results yet. Other than that, I got to kick Friday. Marc visited for the weekend so I got to kick yesterday and perhaps today. I haven't heard anything about today yet, so we'll see.

I am excited for next month because I am going home for spring break, and bringing Ben with me. He'll get to meet my parents for the first time, and I will be seeing my family after not having seen them for about a year and 10 months. I also get to have food from home, like spring rolls and noodle soup that my family will make. Apparently they haven't cooked much since I haven't been home. Busy busy. I am probably most excited for sushi because I have my favorite sushi joint back home. State College's sushi is pretty mediocre, and expensive, so I haven't eaten it much since I've been here. If I had the choice, I would eat good sushi every week. There's also Mexican food back home, as opposed to the chains here (Chipotle, Qdoba, recently California Tortilla, etc.). I am planning to have Ben try the California burrito, and I will probably have a Hash Brown Burrito. I also plan to show Ben Costco, and a bigger Asian food market, which is exciting... I like food.

In school news, I get to schedule for my last semester of classes next month. I am hoping that they reveal more information soon because one of the classes I have to take for my psych major has different sections with different topics. Since I don't know which section is which topic, I cannot really plan around whichever days and times that class would be, which is annoying.
My classes this semester isn't that bad. There's only one that I kind of dislike but I have to take as a major requirement. In that class, I have to write two papers that are at least 12 pages each, and I have a lab portion for it. (complain complain). Honestly, I dislike writing such papers and would rather take exams, but I'm bearing with it. The course is to prepare students for psych research papers, but I don't want to be a psychologist (researcher/professor or otherwise), so I find it kind of pointless for me, but oh well.
I also have another class which is pretty easy. Everyday in class, there are short quizzes about the material we had just gone over for the day. The total points is out of 130 for the class, and the professor allows students to write 5 papers for extra credit worth 20 points total. So, someone can pass the class with 150 out of 130 points.
My other two classes aren't that bad, except they are both early-ish. One is philosophy of literature, and the other is intro to learning. Those are actually the two classes that I recently took exams in that I haven't gotten the results back. I think after finding out how I did for both, I will be more relieved. Interestingly, both classes also have similar grading styles. Exams are worth 20% each, the only difference is the psych class has 20% for quizzes, while the philosophy class has 20% for participation.

Next semester, I plan to take a yoga class on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I am excited for that. I am also considering taking a Deaf Culture class, or Psychology of World Literature class, or Human Rights and World Literature class. Choices, choices.

Other news: My birthday is in 2 months, after PSU Jamps. I will be turning 21. I probably will plan to have a small little party the weekend after. It will be a cheese party. I am excited.
I started reading a book by Amanda Palmer (she was in The Dresden Dolls and Evelyn Evelyn, but is currently in Amanda Palmer and the Grand Theft Orchestra). The book is called The Art of Asking: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Let People Help. She also has a Ted Talk titled The Art of Asking, which I found inspiring and was how I first heard about her (shown to me by a friend). She is also married to Neil Gaiman (author of Coraline, American Gods, The Sandman, and also some Doctor Who episodes). Honestly, I love them both. Anyway, the book is good so far. :)
April Tou

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 15 Feb 2015 11:06

bluevampire101 wrote:Derek: Thank you thank you.

I suppose I will just post it now. My Footbag New Year's Resolutions List. Please don't judge me.

1) At least 35 tiltless contacts
2) Osis x15
3) Butterfly/Infinity x15
4) Dyno b2b
5) Fairy Silver
6) Ducking - Toe, Clipper, Butter
7) Mirage>ss Mirage rpt x5 (20 contacts)
8) Ss Legover x10 bs; Symple Legover x10
9) DLO bs
10) Drifter bsos
11) Learn a downtime double dex bs
12) Torque bs
13) Whirl/Whip bs
14) Butter>ss Guay rpt x5 (20 contacts)
15) Butter>ss Butter rpt x 5 (20 contacts)
16) Clipper>Far Legover rpt x5; Clipper>Far Pickup rpt x5 (20 contacts for both)
17) BOP x5 (15 contacts)
18) Ss Clipper x15 bs; Clipper>op Clipper x15
19) Illusion>ss Illusion bs; Bubba bs
20) Calf Roll bs
Bonus) Ripwalk b2b

Special:
-Atom Smasher
-Eggbeater
-Blender
-Swirl/Reverse Swirl
-Grifter
Nothing to negatively judge here, even if I wanted to.. I can see you hitting all of these and then some.

I'd encourage you to try them level 1 badge.. I think that is a really great way for anyone to solidify basics. In fact, I'm going to stop being a hypocrite and, rather than just tell people to do level 1 because its will help, I'm actually going to do it myself, finally. If you decide to do it, I think you should challenge the rest of the club... Even if they think it'll be too easy.

Good luck!
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

bluevampire101
Multidex Master

Post by bluevampire101 » 17 Mar 2015 08:58

Thanks Nick!
I'll probably get to the Level 1 badge eventually...

So, footblog. It's been a while!

I hadn't kicked in about 3 weeks, until about a couple days ago when I kicked for a bit in San Diego and then just yesterday. I had been sick for a long while and also had school work to do. *sigh*

Anywho, first I am going to talk about Spring Break in San Diego because that was pretty awesome. Mostly.
This past week, I went to San Diego with Ben for a couple of days. I hadn't seen my family in almost two years, so it was about due.
Our flight was Monday morning, but due to some slight complications, we ended up missing it just barely (though the plane hadn't left when we got to the airport, but we couldn't check in when we got there). Luckily, we were able to change our schedule flight to still make it to San Diego same day. We had to take a bus to Harrisburg then take a plane from there to Chicago and from Chicago to San Diego.
Tuesday we went to the San Diego zoo which was fun. My sister joined us. We saw about most of the zoo. One of my favorite parts is going to the reptile house and basically playing I Spy with the reptiles. We took the Skyfari, which was frightening for all of us to an extent. I do not like heights much. My sister was glad that Ben and I were scared because that made her less scared. We saw a giant panda! As well as other animals of course.
After the zoo, we tried going to a Russian Georgian restaurant, but it ended up being closed, and didn't open until dinner time (we got there around lunch time). So then we wandered around downtown and had mini cupcakes that we all shared.
We finally headed home-ish. Actually visited my mom at work (the donut shop), and had Thai food from the restaurant next door. 'Twas good. I got Penang Curry and Iced Thai Coffee. Ben got Pad Thai and Iced Thai Coffee. My sister got something called Larb (I think?) and Thai Iced Tea. We all shared Edamame.
For dinner, we had homemade spring rolls and egg rolls. Yum yum. My mom and aunt made them. :)
Kim, Ben, and I also played some Magic games/matches.

Wednesday, we went to Costco with my pops. First time for Ben seeing the magical world of Starbucks. We got a lot of things (food) to bring back to State College home.
Then we chilled at home, and eventually went to all-you-can-eat Korean BBQ with my brothers (two) and sister (my sister basically was with us the whole time hanging out). We also had Shaved Snow (I got green tea, my sister got strawberry). YUM. Then we all went bowling.
Sushi for dinner, but was still too full from KBBQ. Still good anyway.
More magic stuff.

Thursday, my sister left in the morning. Ben and I got to kick a bit. My mom cried before I even left. She also made my aunt cry because she was crying. Sad.
Ben and I hung around the donut shop to keep my mom company before we had to leave and had burritos. I got a hash brown burrito and he got a california burrito. Good stuff.
I forget if we did anything else much. Too many things to do, so little time.

Thursday night was our flight. Overnight flight to Philly, then in the morning to State College.
Friday night, we went to Friday Night Magic at the local comic shop. It was my first time drafting. I did alright. Lost all matches, but one of the main people there complimented my deck and gave me some tips. We also got promo cards.

Yesterday, I kicked and it was definitely better than in San Diego. I was rusty big time. Ryan, Ivan, Andrew, and Khoa, and Ben were there.
I felt pretty good about kicking although it was cold out.
One thing I hit that I liked was Fairy ss Butter>Dyno
I also was close to Fairy Bronze: Fairy ss Pickup>Fairy op Pickup>Fairy ss Pickup...

Hype about Jamps! Soon! Shirts will be exciting.
Also, thinking about something Magic related... Wondering if people would be up for it.

Since Jamps is coming up, so is my birthday :D I will finally be turning 21. That'll be cool. Planning to do a cheese thing. Not sure if I should just do it during Jamps or do it the weekend after. Would people be up for having a cheese party? There is a good cheese shop downtown.
April Tou

bobgreen
Multidex Master

Post by bobgreen » 17 Mar 2015 18:56

Glad you and Ben got to go to San Diego. Sounds like it was fun, and I hope it was.

I just re-read your post on goals for the year. No judgement from me there, other than they are very admirable goals and I look forward to seeing you tick them off one by one!

When is your birthday in relation to JAMPS? Mine will be just after on "modified day", so perhaps I will bring some birthday cheese for us to share (literally). Ever had any interest in making cheese? I attended one of these workshops as my birthday present one year with my Wife and Uncle, and it was fantastic:
http://www.cheesemaking.com/cheesemakin ... rroll.html

The workshop is spendy ($175 per person) and usually has a long wait list, but if you ever did attend one you could work in a shred trip to Boston while you are at it!

Even if you don't have the time or money for a workshop, you can purchase all of the cheese making stuff you need online (except raw milk) so I'd encourage you to try it out if you are at all interested.

Anyway, footbag.....looking forward to kicking with you and everyone else at JAMPS.

bluevampire101
Multidex Master

Post by bluevampire101 » 18 Mar 2015 06:51

Thanks Bob!
San Diego was very fun!
My birthday is basically two days after Jamps. The Tuesday the 14th.
That sounds wonderful! If you're going to do that, I very well should just have the cheese party during Jamps :D That will be exciting. Perhaps all the April birthday celebrations!
Making cheese sounds interesting. I never really gave it too much thought, but since you bring it up... I should ask Ben if we could go sometime :) Shred in Boston would be exciting, especially since I've never been there before.

Looking forward to kicking with you and everybody at Jamps too! Hypehype!
April Tou

krustykrakk
BSOS Beast

Post by krustykrakk » 18 Mar 2015 09:20

Ben wants to be in Boston. He told me.
Benjamin J. Babyak

I kick, therefore I am.

Did ya look at it?

bluevampire101
Multidex Master

Post by bluevampire101 » 20 Mar 2015 16:46

Today we kicked. Greg, Ivan, Khoa, Ben, me.
It was a good session.

Highlights:
:arrow: Near ..? (Neo Mirage)
:arrow: Nudge...? (Neo Illusion)
:mrgreen: Going on the basis of Smear/Fear and Smudge/Fudge

Yay! Jamps is coming up soon!
April Tou

bobgreen
Multidex Master