Set Phasers To Love Me! [April's Footblog (PSU)]

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
bluevampire101
Multidex Master

Re: Set Phasers To Love Me! [April's Footblog (PSU)]

Post by bluevampire101 » 15 Sep 2014 07:30

Cassy: Thanks! Yeah! See you soon! :D Excited for East Coasts (besides all the changes and comp line-up stuff...) Moreso just excited to kick with everyone and hang out more than anything.
And yes. Contacts were a good choice. I am happy with it. I like to see when I kick.

Paul: Haha yeah! Sometimes people get haircuts and expect people to notice, but a lot of the time people don't, OR people don't even recognize the person when they get a haircut.

Here is me holding Gary before kick. Cool stuff. Seems like he's getting more comfortable with me and Ben.

Anywho, Vince visited this weekend! That was cool. We had a Saturday session (that I attended), then Ben and Vince kicked Sunday (I wasn't feeling well). After kick, Ryan, Vince, Ben, and I went to eat at Big Bowl (Chinese food) - good food. Yum yum.

Homemade biscuits with homemade sausage gravy. Delicious! I'm very excited to now be able to make this. Whoever stays at Ben's and my apartment during a mini-jam might be able to try this if they ask for it :D

I have some highlights:
:arrow: Guay>Neo ss Guay (strong side) - that was cool. Now I need to work on flip Guay and flip Neo *sigh*
:arrow: Very close to Legover>Nallegam rpt (was getting tired)
:arrow: Footed flip Fear - cool - I was also getting tired at that point (when I had tried to hit it more)
:arrow: String starting with strong Fear>Osis>Osis

I made "Black Magic Cake" because I wanted to use our Buttermilk leftover before it went bad, and I happen to have all the ingredients for it. It turned out really well. In this picture, it is packed going to the folk at Shredhaus.

Well, off to class now!
Excited to kick in the future with new members at PSUFC as well as train for ECFC, and just in general!
Yay!
April Tou
kicker, stitcher, footbag enthusiast, baker of PSUFC

"Drill until it's ingrained." -old Indian proverb according to a book I read

bluevampire101
Multidex Master

Post by bluevampire101 » 17 Sep 2014 18:21

Had a short(?) session mostly composed of Ben and me, then later new member Jennifer (Jenny... Jenni?) stopped by to introduce herself but had to go to a meeting, and then Andrew showed up to kick eventually.

One thing I was ... perhaps proud of getting was Flip Fear. It wasn't surprising or anything because I knew it was going to happen soon. Today was just the day.

After that, I tried messing around with stepping and tried to hit Ripwalk, but ended up kicking it a couple of times, then calling it a day. (This isn't to mention all the other times where I didn't quite even clear the bag from the set).

I was pretty tired out from the session from the stepping practice, but I wasn't disappointed. I took some rests, and did some one footed calf raises, then would practice some other footbag stuff (Legovers, Legover>Fairy ss Pickup, etc.), but nothing big really.

After the session, Ben and I went to Jamba Juice with Joe (lives at shredhaus now) and got some smoothies. Then the three of us went to eat at a new burger place in town called Underground Burgers & Crepes. I was satisfied (and very filled) by the burger, and am now excited to come back some other time and try out the crepe(s).

East Coasts is soon. Whoa. 10 Days! (and counting!)
April Tou

bluevampire101
Multidex Master

Post by bluevampire101 » 21 Sep 2014 16:14

East Coasts soon!
I'm thinking I'm also going to make some cookies to bring too! I think I'm going to make them white chocolate oatmeal cookies, but half of the batch will have golden raisins, while the other half will have craisins/dried cranberries. Hope people like their dried fruits.

I kicked on Friday a bit, but nothing too special to talk about. I tried stepping a bit more. Ryan helped me work on flip (by kind of telling me to do flip before trying strong again). So that's cool.

I also kicked today.
I footed Casket (Fairy ss Drifter) on strong side. I bsos'd Fairy op Legover. Stuff stuff stuff.

I tried going to the Matt & Kim concert today but because the forecast was unfavorable for the day, the rules changed and the end result was that the school/school's organization sucks. Because what was supposed to be a ticketless outside concert turned into a line-formed-no-backpacks/bags-ID-needed-inside concert. /rant /rant /rant

Anywho, Ben has promised to take me to a concert of theirs sometime in the future (time to be determined). Plus, it'll be with a more natural crowd and not only-college kids. Perhaps in San Diego, since they'll likely be there again, and things will be easier. *sigh*

Back to footbag. Kick!
I am excited to kick with everyone at East Coasts. Hope things will turn out well. I hope to also learn a bunch of new things from everyone. :D
Yay! Cool!

In other news, in two days, Ben and I will have been together officially for a whole year :) Time flies.
April Tou

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 21 Sep 2014 17:11

Matt and Kim are AMAZING in concert. They play bits of other people's song, and its just so much fun. Definitely make a point to see them.

bluevampire101
Multidex Master

Post by bluevampire101 » 23 Sep 2014 17:36

C-Fan wrote:Matt and Kim are AMAZING in concert. They play bits of other people's song, and its just so much fun. Definitely make a point to see them.
Ahhh. I've heard! They're definitely in the top couple of bands I would want to see in my life. (Others include Foxy Shazam and Amanda Palmer & The Grand Theft Orchestra and The All-American Rejects if they were doing their self-titled album tour). Other bands that may or may not be in the top list: Two Door Cinema Club and Neutral Milk Hotel.

Anywho, today marks the day that Ben and I have been together for a whole year. To celebrate, we kicked and then ate at a fancy (read expensive) restaurant.

Today was a cool day in terms of footbag.
I hit Flow/Ferocious bs (Fairy Osis).
I also hit Dyno strong side for the first time, thanks to the help of Ben. Then I tried Fairy ss Dyno... Soon..

East Coasts is coming up!

For dinner, Ben and I went to the Allen Street Grill. It's the restaurant above The Corner Room.
We got Crab Bisque, Crab & Mango Spring Rolls, Jack's Roadhouse Steak (me), and Seafood Mixed Grill (Ben). It was very filling. And we got a good view.

Then when we got home, we played with Gary for a bit. :)

It's been a good year, with more years to come.
April Tou

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 24 Sep 2014 20:24

allen street grill is so good. that was a go-to for me in state college. love that view down college ave.

i was just thinking how when i first met you, you were basically a juggler and only mildly interested in footbag. pretty cool how much has changed since then.

oh, and matt and kim played at PSU my freshman year and killed it.

krustykrakk
BSOS Beast

Post by krustykrakk » 25 Sep 2014 07:10

The best year.
Benjamin J. Babyak

I kick, therefore I am.

Did ya look at it?

bluevampire101
Multidex Master

Post by bluevampire101 » 25 Sep 2014 17:47

Nathan wrote: i was just thinking how when i first met you, you were basically a juggler and only mildly interested in footbag. pretty cool how much has changed since then.
Yeah!

I think it's cool because I feel as though I crossed a barrier in footbag that I didn't get to cross in juggling. In juggling, I was kind of stuck and didn't know how to ask for help, and was self-conscious, so I was reluctant to learn new things other than what I had already known (3-ball, 3-clubs, little passing, 3-ball half shower). But with footbag, I overcame that similar obstacle around winter time, when I hit Osis for the first time. I started becoming less self-conscious of what I was hitting (or wanted to hit) and started just trying my best rather than stay reserved and shy. Plus, I actually became good friends with footbag people as compared to juggling people (in terms of PSU juggling club members vs. PSU footbag club members).

Footbag makes me happy. :) I cannot wait to improve more and more everyday (every session).

P.S. Ben also makes me happy.
April Tou

bluevampire101
Multidex Master

Post by bluevampire101 » 29 Sep 2014 11:33

Wow wow wow. East Coasts. This was such a great event.

Friday:
I started preparing to go to NYC in the morning. I made sure the brownies were cut and good to go, as well as not to forget to bring them! I planned out what clothes I wanted to bring and other things (such as phone charger, contacts, blanket etc.) and set them out on my bed because I still had the last couple of classes to go to before ECFC. After classes were all and done, I headed back home to pack! I made sure that Gary’s food bowl and water was full so he wouldn’t die while we were away. I emptied my school stuff from my backpack and filled it up with kick stuff.

Image Cookies pre-cookie bag
Image Brownies pre-cut

I had mentioned to Ben that we should get some food (Subway) for the trip to NYC because it’s a five hour trip and we wouldn’t want to be starving or pay for expensive food getting into the city, so it seemed like a wise choice to get a sandwich for the road. After that, we headed to the bus terminal, where we saw Ryan already there. Then we were just waiting to board the bus, and for Ivan and Greg to show up.

Image Typical NYC picture

We all sat towards the front of the bus (easier access to get off), and NYC we were bound. I don’t think the ride to NYC was very interesting, mostly because I slept (or at least tried to). But anyway, we got to New York, probably around 9PM, and then we figured out how to get to Bruce’s place. By the time we got there, it was about 10PM, and we were greeted by Bruce. We were the only ones at his place besides Tristan who was sleeping at that point. Shortly after, Boats arrived. Bags were going around and conversations and relaxing was happening. I ended up selling a 32-panel to Boats, and two 14’s to him (because he was getting them for his friend). So that was cool!
At some point in the night, we started watching this really awesome movie Journey to the West. I was sober and thought that the movie was super cool and stuff, and I really liked it. Perhaps it’s my favorite movie yet. After that movie, I was getting tired, and decided to hit the hay. Tristan passed out on the futon, so I slept on the floor for a bit. But eventually Tristan got up (when everyone else started stumbling in: Kevin Hogan, Pete Bowler, Nick Polini, Doug Tank) and was nice enough to open up the futon for Ben and me to go to.
Something about “Fuck everything but cookie bag” by Pete Bowler in reference to the cookies that got smushed on the bus ride.
Sleep.

Image PSU Crew sticking together.

Saturday:
Ben and I were the first ones to wake up. It was getting to about 8AM. I probably couldn’t have gone back to sleep without sleeping in until later, so I decided to just get up and get ready since net people’s comps were supposed to start at 8:30AM anyway. Ben and I were trying to figure out how to wake people up, and it led to Ben throwing footbags at Nick. It was amusing to watch because you would hear a loud thump and no rustling. The first couple of tries, Ben missed Nick, but eventually it got to the point where Ben would hit Nick and at first, Nick made no movements. But eventually, Nick would groggily get up or make some sort of dramatic movement (something you would see in a cartoon if someone were getting hit with something), and look puzzled-ly around or at the footbag and go back to sleep. Ben was then trying to hit Nick in the head with the footbag, but ended up hitting close-to-home, if you get my drift. That then woke everyone up temporarily, since Nick was groaning/moaning loudly. When everyone realized it was Nick, most of them went back to sleep.
In the end, Ivan got up and the three of us (Ivan, Ben, me) all got ready and set out for the day. We went for breakfast at Norma’s. We all got New Yorker sandwiches (egg, cheese, choice of meat) on a type of bread. We all ended up with different breads, funny enough. Ivan got a sesame bagel, Ben got a biscuit, and I got a roll. Ben got an iced latte with three shots, while I got an iced latte with caramel syrup. Ivan had water. And it wasn’t until we sat down at the table/booth that I saw that they had biscuits and sausage gravy. *sigh*
To the subway we go! We were among the first freestyle players to get to the site (Matheiu was there first). Then people and people arrived, slowly but surely. I got to meet a lot of people. You know who you are. Cool stuff.
Lots of kick.
Selling bags.

I wanted to get a lot of pre-comp shred in because I wanted to kick with everyone, and not cool down by intermediate circles, and not tire myself out by then too. For intermediate comps, I just didn’t want to get last. I was in a circle with Marc and Dan. I ended up qualifying for the secondary “wild card” round (yay! Not last!), except I got last in that circle. :P But not last overall! Cool! In that secondary round, it was Johnny Sarah, and Ryan Morris, and me.
I talked to a lot of people, which was fun. At one point, I was talking to Derek (I believe) about uptime sets and how I was bad at Pixies, but kind of a natural for Fairies. I tried showing my bad Pixies, but somehow got decent sets for both strong and flip sides. Total fluke.
Cool kids club (you know who you are too). But maybe not really. That’s just what I referred to…. Some people.
Oh! I asked Evan Gatesman if he could do Wiggle Walk/84 (Pixie no plant Fairy Butter), and he did Waggle Walk (Fairy no plant Pixie Butter) which was really cool! I got my trick from Evan. :)
Ken Somolinos joined my circle! He helped me with a tip for Fairy ss Dyno. (Read on to Sunday for this). I was kind of nervous because I was like: I have no business hitting these tricks (Fairy ss Dyno or Fairy Whipping Swirl).
Open circles was cooooool.
Brownies passed out after all comps. Sad because Chris Dean is vegan and the brownies were not vegan. Next time!

Image Yu-Gi-Oh playing on Sunday

Saturday Night:
Ben, Ivan, and I left with the ECFC house people group back to ECFC house. On the way, we got separated because people needed to use the restrooms. It ended up with Ben, Ivan, Marc, Jeremy, and me as one group heading back to the house. We got there around the same time as some people who took cars.
Pasta night. Long lines for pasta. Going up stairs for sauce, downstairs for pasta, upstairs for bowls – not in that order. In whichever order people wanted.
Hanging out with a lot of cool people, talking about.
Marc and his left shoulder. Dear Diary.
Going to the upstairs bathroom with the cool kids group – Jordan, Ben, Brian Bear, Derek, Hogan, Bowler, Boats, and Cassy. Funny stuff went on. Derek spilled water, then slipped and kicked my shin. S’okay though. Hogan flipped Boats pasta bowl into shower. Boats grabbed bowl, Hogan grabbed fork. Dun dun dunnn.
After bathroom fun, Bear and Hogan had a conversation that I couldn’t tell whether it was serious or not. I started off laughing, but ended up listening intently and trying to figure out if they were serious. Flying Toe Stalls.
Headed out early to get back to Bruce’s at a decent time. I got to ride with Boats in his car, with Greg, Ivan, and Ben. Yay. Slept right away after getting back.

Sunday:
Everyone got up around the same time this day. That was cool. Got breakfast sandwiches at a deli place near Bruce’s. Yummy bacon. Rided in Boats car with same group as previous night to event site. Still among the first couple freestylers there. Matheiu was still basically the first… Interesting…
Kick kick kick.
I was in a circle with Bob Green and Andre, and I did trick for Ben. I hit Fairy ss Dyno! Awesome! That’s my first five add, which is cool. When PSU crew was leaving, I said bye. Nick mentioned congrats for first five add, milestone. Evan asked what it was. Fairy ss Dyno. Weird first add… Adam chimed in saying that typical first five adds include Blurry Whirl and Phoenix. I guess I am weird. But I like Dyno. I like Fairy. Yay!
Marc ended up winning second in int. routines and got the bag that I donated. He wanted it, so that was cool. :D Marc has a lot of my bags as his bags collection.
Ben won first in intermediate routines, so that was cool :D
Johnny Sarah won int. circles – cool and ‘grats! I had a very cool conversation with that guy about worldly stuff. :)

Image Random picture from Sunday

Open stuff was very cool. Ken won routines, and Evan won circles.
I think Andre said that my style looks fluffy? :) (Andre read this to confirm or deny or clear up)
I feed some people the Italian ice that Ben got me. But I also eat some myself. It reminded me of the firecracker/bomb pops thing. The ones that look red, white, and blue.
Hugged everyone I could goodbye before leaving. Except for those eating. I patted their heads. I see them sometime later soon anyway.
I navigate to the subway through the subway. Then bus back home. Tired.
Dysphoric from ECFC ending. Sad.
But overall good event! :D I would say this is perhaps the best that I’ve been to thus far. I had a lot of fun with everyone, meeting everyone and everything!

Another panorama that isn't as good as the first one

P.S. (Edit) I forgot to mention that I had also hit strong side Fairy ss Butterfly (Park Avenue). Planning to hit flip sometime soon.
April Tou

PrunusAberration
Shredaholic

Post by PrunusAberration » 30 Sep 2014 10:43

Yes, your fairy ss dyno was fluffy and airy. It was quite an experience to witness it in person. :D

bluevampire101
Multidex Master

Post by bluevampire101 » 02 Oct 2014 04:48

Andre: Thanks! :D

So this is non-footbag-related, but I have decided that for my birthday (although it is months away), I would like a cheese birthday. I mentioned it to Ben, and he suggested perhaps a wine and cheese party, since I'll finally be 21. But, I don't quite like alcohol, so perhaps it'll be a grape and cheese birthday, and fill in the cost of what would-have-been-wine with... more cheese!

I was thinking of what cheeses I would want and it's tough. Brie? Camembert? Goat's cheese? Butterkase? Gruyere? Emmental? Halloumi? Paneer? Pecorino? Queso Blanco?

I leave out (Smoked) Gouda, Muenster, and Havarti because I think they are more for sandwiches, but if anyone suggests otherwise, feel free to speak up.

Yay, cheese!
April Tou

Cass
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Cass » 02 Oct 2014 05:21

Jesus. This is just the best idea ever. Eat all the cheese!

You could do fondue!

krustykrakk
BSOS Beast

Post by krustykrakk » 02 Oct 2014 07:30

Classy, please don't give April any expensive ideas.
Benjamin J. Babyak

I kick, therefore I am.

Did ya look at it?

brianbear
Egyptian Footgod

Post by brianbear » 02 Oct 2014 10:20

It was very nice meeting you at East Coasts! Cali reppin' all the way :)
You make very nice bags, and very yummy baked goods. The brownies were sooo delicious and I even got to eat some remnants of cookie bag at bruce's on my last night, yay!
LOL at the party bathroom scene. You captured the chaos nicely. And it's pretty funny that Hoagie and I don't remember the conversation you heard, we must have been talking straight up silly style.
props on fairy dyno, that was my first five add if i remember correctly.
brian "bear" sherrill
buy my footbags
via freedom footbags
or on occasion (also for fabrics) thru modified

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 02 Oct 2014 17:21

Deeply apologize for smashin' ya shin. Those sets were not flukes, that is your set, believe! Super jealous of your Fairy. Sucks you guys took off before we could say goodbye, maybe this time at NYJ. That is a legit ass 5-er, proppity props.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 04 Oct 2014 08:40

April! I actually have a nice fondue pot you can use for the party if you'd like. Great shred at ecfc. Again, we didn't not kick together lol but I watched you hit some good stuff from a far.. Including your first 5! Cya soon!
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

bluevampire101
Multidex Master

Post by bluevampire101 » 04 Oct 2014 09:56

Cassy: Amazing idea. I've never had fondue before.

Ben: Shush :3 Cheese! Fondue! Yay!

Brian: Yay yeah! It was awesome meeting you as well :D
Cookie bag! And thank you for the flattering compliments :)
Fairy dyno first five-add buddies! (maybe?)

Derek: No no no problem! :) And thanks! I shall believe. Maybe I'll even start working on Pixies more soon, since I have it in me, right?!

Nick: ! Fondue pot ! That would be cool! It's all good for not kicking together because we at least see each other more frequently than the others that attended! Like at Pumpkin Jam! We can kick together then! And thanks again! :) See ya sooooon!

Planned kick for today, but that comes after this post. This post is to talk about grad school and my anxiety that was brought on because of it.

So, I recently started thinking about grad school. I mean, it was always the plan, but I started freaking out because I'm not sure how to handle it. I was planning on taking time off between graduating undergrad and applying to grad school, but I'm starting to think that might not be the best idea. I don't even know what to do. Oh gosh. I'm thinking I should start planning for taking the GRE since that seems to be the norm for grad schools. I also was researching on which grad schools that I might want to go to. I was thinking between SDSU and SFSU. I would really prefer and like to go to SFSU. The only reason why I would go to SDSU is because I've been away from home for so long, and I would be closer to home (read as one continuous reason). I would actually probably be living at home if I went to SDSU and would be able to see my family everyday, and commute to school, but I would kind of hate myself if I went to SDSU because I've never really liked it as a school (no offense - my brother and cousin(s) and friends kind of went there).

I would really be excited to go to SFSU because I think the program for (School) Counseling is better. (That's what I want to go for - counseling for either (high) school or college). It would be cool to be able to kick on a semi-regular basis with the Stanford crew. Also, I think San Fran is a cool (yet expensive) place. Though for the expensive part, I suppose also the minimum wage is higher, thus also cost of living is higher, which makes sense. I've only ever been to SF once in my life, but I enjoyed it. It's also a nice difference from San Diego, which would be cool. I've lived in San Diego my whole life and I'll think I'll always be returning to it in some way since my family is based there.
One other thing about SF that I was/am kind of worried about is finding housing. It seems expensive and I'm not sure how feasible everything is with SFSU.

Anywho, apart from those. Grad school. I'm planning to graduate from Penn State next fall, so I think I should perhaps get on top of my shit with those kind of things. Also, probably start talking to my parents about it sometime soon. It's also cool that SDSU and SFSU are in-state tuition for me, so it's a lot cheaper than PSU was/is for me.
I'm planning to talk to my academic advisor about it soon (I scheduled an appt.). And hopefully I get accepted to one of PSU's alumni-mentorship programs and (hopefully) mentor would help me too.
If I graduate from PSU in fall 2015, that would be December. And the application deadline for SFSU is Jan 15th, so that would be cool. Then I would have about half a year to do whatever (stay in State College? Go back to SD temporarily?) - depending on if I get accepted and stuff.
Also, the whole letters of recommendation thing. I have some professors in mind that I could ask, but we shall see how everything ends up turning out.

I suppose now I'm sort of set on trying to get into grad school ASAP-ish since it seems like the better option (especially as I was writing all of this out). It would've been selfish of me to want to take time off, I guess. Though, both ways, it seems sort of selfish either way I guess.
The reason why I wanted to take time off was to actually be able to experience things and learn new things that I wasn't able to in the time of college and stuff. Like, I think it would've been cool to be able to travel around, and learn things like metallurgy, carpentry, skills like from the weird list of hobbies I had listed sometime before this. But I suppose I can try to learn them as I live life and stuff. And travel can come after grad school.

I'm thinking after grad school perhaps I can try to take some time off, and do that kind of stuff then. As well as participate in Teach for America or something. As experience for education stuff.

Though, all of this is tentative. These are just things that I have been thinking of doing.

As for the cheese party.... I don't know... Maybe make it a group thing with everyone bringing cheese? That would be cool... Cheese....
April Tou

Cass
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Cass » 04 Oct 2014 10:17

I think you should take that ~half a year and do as much travelling as you can. There are ways to do it super cheap if it's something you really want. You just have to find a way.

Don't feel bad about being selfish. We are all selfish. Do what is best for you.

bluevampire101
Multidex Master

Post by bluevampire101 » 08 Oct 2014 06:45

Cassy: Thanks for the kind words/advice! :D

So, I recently talked to my dad about my plans for grad school. He didn't really say much, besides that I should basically do what I want, as long as I know that I want to do it. My parents are supportive. I am pretty lucky.

But I was walking my dad through what I had to do and what it meant if I went to grad school. I told him that I really want to go to SFSU and that I would probably also apply to PLNU too (SDSU turned out to be super expensive, and not worth it, since I don't really like it anyway). Anyway, I've started planning more and more about what I want to and am going to do.
I also mentioned to my dad that I would want to travel between the time of graduating from Penn State and going to whichever grad school (tentatively SFSU - we shall see). I said that I would want to go to Boston and Canada (Toronto area) while I am still on the East Coast since it'll be a lot cheaper than randomly taking a flight from San Diego/West Coast. He seemed alright with it.

So, what I have planned is to take the necessarily exams later on in the year or what-have-you for grad school (GRE for SFSU and CBEST for PLNU). Graduate in December 2015. Stay in State College perhaps until the end of the spring semester.
Between graduation and going back to the West Coast - start advertising apartment for sublet for summer, visit Boston and Canada, attend PSU Jamps VI.
Start of summer: go back to San Diego for a while. Visit family (sister in Ventura). If attending SFSU, leave slightly early to find place of living, as well as visit West Coast (Portland, Boise, Las Vegas?).

Anywho, that would be cool.
And the cool thing about in-state grad schools is the possible financial aid! (Cal Grant, more scholarship opportunities, etc. etc.).

I am excited for the future. For now, kick and stuff and school. Gotta do what's gonna come first!

More footbag-related:
I kicked over the weekend. It was a good session, though I don't think I hit anything new. Hanging out at shredhaus practically the whole weekend :D

Bit of silly (not warmed up and not really serious) kicking yesterday. I had an orientation to attend after the session so I didn't want to be sweaty, plus I've been tired this whole week. Still in post-ECFC slump. "I left my brain at ECFC"
But I practiced a bit of flip Pixie, and was about to hit flip Magellan in non-kick-clothes. It didn't work out well. Not for my clothes (thankfully), but for my muscles. Luckily it only felt like as if my leg were asleep instead of something serious - stopped trying kicking for the day after that....

Anywho, Pumpkin Jam is coming up! And then NYJ! And then Jamps! :D EVENTS!
April Tou

bluevampire101
Multidex Master

Post by bluevampire101 » 09 Oct 2014 14:27

Today was a good day.

Highlights:
:arrow: Practiced things
:arrow: Neo Butterfly (strong side)
:arrow: Strong side Fudge (Fairy Illusion)
:arrow: Footed strong side Smudge (Pixie Illusion)
:arrow: Lame attempts at Grifter ... haha.
:arrow: Practiced Pixies and a bit of Stepping
:arrow: Attempted Neo ss Osis a couple of times... soon..

New Dream Trick:
Fairy (no plant) Pixie Illusioning ss Pickup
April Tou