Troels' Footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Trolls
Circle Kicker

Troels' Footblog

Post by Trolls » 12 Jan 2014 12:39

Hey guys,
- My name is Troels. I come from Denmark and I just took up playing footbag late August 2013 again.
The first time I got an eye for footbag was on Roskilde Festival 2000 or 2001 - can't remember. I saw Mads Hole and Mads Neuhard play along with some other guys and was really facinated by their skills.
Me and a couple of guys then started playing in highschool on a very basic hacky sack level. Only kicks, toe- and inside stalls. Then I started playing barefeet because we always played in the summer time. I actually got alot better barefoot than playing with my lavers on so I just kept it up.
But my friend Andreas keps up with his lavers and started getting alot better than me. He could now do clippers, oses and butterflies while I was pretty much stuck at my learning and improving.
From that point I only played very rarely. None of my friends ever wanted to play with me in parks because they couldn't play as good as me (allthough I suck) and it was to exhausting.
So for then next decade or so I didn't learn any new tricks I just tried to maintain what little I could do.
Then on a vacation in Greece in 2013 I started playing barefeet again every day in a week and it was very rewarding. I found out that I could do stuff I didn't think I could and became hungry for more and started looking in to the community in Denmark.
I found the FootbagDenmark group on Facebook and learned that Nis (whom I knew and played a bit with in highschool) had just continiued shredding and had become quite the juggler.
I asked around in the group and showed up for practice where I met Kim, Asmus, Michael and Jan at the first day of practice. I was just baffled with the amazing tricks they so effortlessly landed while I was struggling to do sketchy, wobbling ATW toe-,inside stalls and clippers. Unfortunately I had built up some bad techniques during my barefeet period I had to shake off me. So basically that was what I did the first month or two.
Since late August then I been practicing with the danish crew and gotten alot of new friends. I've also tried to practice at home because I wanted to try to learn some of the really nice tricks the other players can preform. So about 3 days practice a week or so.

The DFO 13' Event was really also an eye opener aswell that brought a lot of really nice players from all over the world - though mostly Finland :) It was really fun to see all the different playstyles and levels from all the participants. I even got to play with Aleksi in a circle and at the warmup days.
Now after being playing 4½ months I just landed my first really nice tricks 3 days ago:
Clipper-Ducking-butterfly
Clipper-Ducking-legover
Butterfly-flipside reverse swirl
Ripwalk strongside
Am still struggling with my infinity and can't really do alot of butterflies btb only 5-6 at max atm.

Big shoutout to coach Asmus who encouraged me to make a blog here. And to Kim, Jan, Andreas, Nis and Jasper for staying strong every single thursday of the week!
Special thanks to Kim, Asmus, Nis and Andreas for pressuring me to do new and more tricks! :D
By the way feel free to comment or reply fellow footbagger.

boyle
Post Master General

Re: Troels' Footblog

Post by boyle » 12 Jan 2014 12:42

Looking forward to seeing you progress, some really cool stuff happened in Denmark last year and hopefully that will continue this year too.

Trolls
Circle Kicker

Post by Trolls » 12 Jan 2014 13:14

Yes, I think its gonna be a good year also.
We have alot of highly motivated players who are definitely impacting the footbag scene.
My personal goal for 2014 is that I will play as much as I can.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 13 Jan 2014 01:48

Welcome to the forums Troels.

Was interesting to read the full story of your way into the heart of FootbagDenmark.

See you soon! :mrgreen: :footbag:

Trolls
Circle Kicker

Post by Trolls » 07 Feb 2014 09:22

Yesterday was Legends Session:) Think it was a record number of people there playing for I don't know how long. We had circles all over the place with people switching round every 20-30 minutes or so. So many nice players all over to watch and learn from. I ended up in a circle with the Danish champ Mathias Blau and the famous Assmousse (Asmus) and Andreas. All nice players. I have been struggling with landing clipper - dlo's just feeling so fat and heavy every time i tried it. But Mathias kept pacing me saying "Ahh next time you got it" every time I failed. Then the 7th time or so I landed it - and then he went "Now flipside!". And then I landed it flipside first try and we all just laughed and threw high-fives.
Am still struggling with landing ducking clippers though - which annoys me. Gotta get an accurate clipper set in all hights on steady lock down I guess.
Got so many tricks I have to practice! Am trying to play 3-5 times a week so I hope to progress enough to have nice long runs in the summertime:)

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 07 Feb 2014 13:50

I can't wait to see how good you will be when summer finally comes knocking!

For Ducking Clipper just practice Clipper back and forth again and again and again and again..
And remember to do a small jump(called magic hop) into your clipper stall after the duck.
Then you will be good to go!

Maybe we should ask Mr. Blau if he wanna go to the demo on tuesday with us? :mrgreen: :footbag:

Trolls
Circle Kicker

Post by Trolls » 23 Aug 2014 03:37

Here is a little video of some of the tricks I learned through the last year when I started playing in FootbagDenmark with all the other guys. They have taught this padawan well. I'm gonna keep practicing! Password is: Footbag

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 25 Aug 2014 00:36

Nice shit Adonis! Let's kick this week!

Trolls
Circle Kicker

Post by Trolls » 09 Jan 2015 09:22

Dear footblog, footbaggers and lurkers:),

I just hit drifter yesterday - which is awesome! I tried to think i it like doing a fast clipper to close side mirage but ending in a hop to clipper. Don't know if that makes sense but it worked for me.

Also hit alot of stepping close legover bsos which I for some reason didn't think of landing yet. (My coach is allways drunk so he didn't teach me).
My pixie is still horrible and non existent on flip.. :( So I gotta practice this alot also. When I come to think of it I gotta learn atomic set also. Can't make anything other than toe out of it yet.

Now i'm gonna try to practice this and hitting drifter alot more on both sides.
I'm not getting any younger so my goal for 2015 is to play at least 3-5 times a week which is like 4-6 hours a week at minimum.

Any pointers for pixies and atomic sets are appriciated and must see videos etc.

Thanks for reading

Cya at worlds '15
/
cheers

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 10 Jan 2015 02:21

Trolls wrote:(My coach is allways drunk so he didn't teach me).
Ouch! :lol: Your coach promises to do better this year.
Trolls wrote:Any pointers for pixies and atomic sets are appriciated and must see videos etc.
I will help you with Pixie next time we play, I can probably also give you some pointers on Atomic but you should definitely abuse that we have an Atomic Master in Mathias Blau around.

Here are two great videos from Anssi on Atomic and Pixie:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go_Y7hm8rMQ[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT7_QV_YPNE[/youtube]
He also got one for Drifter here.

If you upload a video of yourself I am sure the modified community would be more than happy to help out with pointers as well.

You might not be getting any younger but your development the last year has been spectacular. I look forward to see where you take it this year young padawan!

Trolls
Circle Kicker

Post by Trolls » 12 Jan 2015 06:32

Thanks for the vids coach :mrgreen: . The Accellerator makes it look so easy :roll: .
They definately helped me in my last secret practice basement sesh.

Also great seing him in action at the Danish Footbag Open 2013

I wanna learn this excersize in 2015 among other:
butterfly - stepping - closeside legover --- pixie Repeat
Guess all I need is decent pixies on both sides to make this.

Cya tonight at practice!

Btw for those who are interested - here is a vid of the barefoot sesh that got me into wanting to play footbag again. Barefoot style is inspired by Danish Footbag Legend; Kasper Strange : https://vimeo.com/116547946 - Password is: Footbag

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 12 Jan 2015 06:59

Trolls wrote: I wanna learn this excersize in 2015 among other:
butterfly - stepping - closeside legover --- pixie Repeat
Guess all I need is decent pixies on both sides to make this.
If the pixie is pixie far butterfly its Dimwalk>Stepping SS Legover>Repeat. My pixies and stepping will need work, but I'll definitely be stealing this for future training sessions.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Trolls
Circle Kicker

Post by Trolls » 12 Jan 2015 07:24

Yea, its like what you said I meant : Dimwalk>Stepping SS Legover>Repeat
Thnx :)

Trolls
Circle Kicker

Post by Trolls » 01 Apr 2016 09:16

Small progress video - Have been trying to get rid of pick ups. I'm am still struggling though to keep a varied run with many contacts. Pixies are getting better and stepping feels good - atomic feels meh. Its not a sick edit - so only watch it if you're bored. Well I guess you are since you're here. : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU1Yrhg ... e=youtu.be I wanna thank everyone who keeps posting videos and stuff on facebook - it's great inspiration.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 03 Apr 2016 23:10

Good shit.

I will buy you a beer if you hit 10 contacts of shuffle using Stepping and Pixie on both sides.

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 12 Apr 2016 15:42

Damn, homie! Mad improvement, and your style is coming along nicely. That DATW, though ;) Film more, please.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Trolls
Circle Kicker

Post by Trolls » 13 Apr 2016 02:24

Thanks Derek! I will make more videos this summer :) I would also love to see more shred from you :D