Detroit David's Footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Vraidave
Shredaholic

Re: Detroit David's Footblog

Post by Vraidave » 26 Mar 2014 14:33

Thanks dude. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I asked the difference between Symple and Symposium our first session :p Good to know, don't I just feel like a winner.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" ~Isaac Newton

Vraidave
Shredaholic

Post by Vraidave » 27 Mar 2014 10:10

Today in school, pretty sure I hit my first 4 ADD.... also created a fine example of how the ADD system isn't so accurate sometimes, especially with BOP.

How it went down in my head was basically, "Well, I can hit Symp mirage fairly consistently strongside.... let's see if i can hit Symp Down...." Sure enough, I could. Not a hard trick, but I believe the 3-ADDedness of the butterfly, plus the Symp ADD, well.... I'm in calculus, so I'm pretty sure 3+1 is 4.... Symposium is cool though. I wanna get good at those.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" ~Isaac Newton

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 27 Mar 2014 12:47

Butterflies don't get symposium (nor do swirls)...another "interesting" factor of the add system...

Symposium is fun but you have to be careful to do them well, otherwise you'll head straight down the road to injury.

Vraidave
Shredaholic

Post by Vraidave » 27 Mar 2014 15:34

Alright. Cool, makes sense. Especially for swirl. Good to know, now i wont parade around saying i got a tripless, lookin like a fool

Vraidave
Shredaholic

Post by Vraidave » 29 Mar 2014 10:10

Heres my once per session update:
Hit Flipside plo for the first time. That was cool. It was also quite clean. My strong plo's are cleaning up nicely as well. I also hit pdx illusion bsos for the first time. Good job me.

Also now I know what I need to work on for getting flip Whirl. My set leg always ended up in front of my dex leg to land it. so I just gotta whip that dex through. basically stomp once it's cleared. Knowing is half the battle!

Vraidave
Shredaholic

Post by Vraidave » 04 Apr 2014 12:12

First day kicking in awhile. Between work and school, I had very little time to shred. On top of that. I've been having a weird pain on the outside of my left lower leg. Didn't wanna kick with that and agitate it. However, today I had more time between school and work, and my leg's feeling significantly better, so I figured a short session can't hurt. Had to shake a teeny bit of rust off, though its only been 4 or 5 days since my last session. I hit DLO for the first time, and fairly easily too. Almost even got it Flip once. Got past the ATWs which had been wrecking me on the level one challenge because my flip is so weak, so that's a sign of improvement. Still can not for the life of me hit that flip Whirl. Anyways. I'd been missing updating my blog with good news. and I finally got some. So there it is.

Vraidave
Shredaholic

Post by Vraidave » 05 Apr 2014 08:37

Since i can't be at PSU this weekend, i had myself a nice little solo session. Got a new trick, like a stepping switch or something ( clip > op in > op out > same toe) whats that called? Whatever it is, its a new 3 for me and i hit it both sides today. My dlos, plos, and eggbeaters are getting better every day, and im super close to landing my greatest enemy, flip Whirl.

MetZelRio
Fearless

Post by MetZelRio » 05 Apr 2014 11:48

Bro, I read your posts everytime. Stoked on your progress and a little Jelly. Wanna kick with you sometime for sure.

Vraidave
Shredaholic

Post by Vraidave » 05 Apr 2014 12:41

Yeah dude. definitely. I posted a video of some tricks on the freestyle footbaggers group on fb, if anyone wants to see.

Vraidave
Shredaholic

Post by Vraidave » 08 Apr 2014 08:09

Had an excellent solo session today. Spring break is great for that kind of stuff. Like an hour and a half, sweating and shredding. Hit infity b2b finally, thats a cool milestone. Tried eggbeater set from clipper. Hit that. Tried swirl. After a few tries sketchily hit that. Flip whirl still eludes me. Did kick it off once which is totally new so... thats exciting. Progress is coming quickly so i am stoked

Vraidave
Shredaholic

Post by Vraidave » 09 Apr 2014 07:37

I'm growing everyday. It feels great. Another good solo session this fine spring break. Hit flip Symp Mirage for the first time which felt pretty good. What felt even better is finally taming the trick that has been eluding me for ages now. The trick that seems to slip further into the shadows each time I get closer. The trick whose brother I tamed long ago. That's right ladies and gentlemen, I finally hit that flip Whirl. *oohs and aahs from the crowd* listen I know that it's not hard for you guys okay, but I'm just a mere tiltless player. I hit it once super solid, a couple sketchy landings, and several roll-offs. So much progress made today.

krustykrakk
BSOS Beast

Post by krustykrakk » 10 Apr 2014 06:33

From one mere tiltless player to another, props on flip whirl.
Benjamin J. Babyak

I kick, therefore I am.

Did ya look at it?

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 10 Apr 2014 06:38

May I request a dash of video in the blog? With players I've never met, and whose games I have never seen, a touch of video really brings their blogs alive.

Props on flip whirl!

Vraidave
Shredaholic

Post by Vraidave » 10 Apr 2014 06:42

I often consider filming, but I mostly play in my room, and my phone camera is no good. The first video I posted is pretty much how future videos would be until I can get outside with a better camera. A small example of me shredding is on instagram (@davidlmoutard) and I shared the video on the freestyle footbaggers group on fb. Its just a clip of BSOS pdx mirage then a whirl (in pants and no lavers no less) so its a small example of how I've improved since my first video :p but I will work on uploading another soon.

Vraidave
Shredaholic

Post by Vraidave » 11 Apr 2014 16:34

Zach came down to where I live today for a somewhat impromtu session after work. Anton couldn't make it out because of some lame reason, being in New Orleans or whatever. Still a great session with me and Zach. I swear, every time I shred with him, I get better. If you are a new player, reading this blog, the top things I suggest you do are 1) find some lavers and 2) find a footbagger near you. Today with Zach I hit Whirl BSOS for the first time, which felt nice, and came really close, several times, to beating my consecutive Whirl record. On top of that, just had quite a few good runs, hit Clip Mixer > Clip > Clip Mixer a coupld times, a couple bubba beaters, eggbeaters. A pretty good day overall for the 3s I have right now, and for my game in general.

Vraidave
Shredaholic

Post by Vraidave » 16 Apr 2014 13:54

After a few day hiatus, it feels good to be back in the saddle. Wasn't my best session ever but I did hit some stuff that made me proud. I can feel myself plateau-ing, but I'm still hitting new stuff. Just not progressing as fast as I was. In today's session, I hit Smear for the first time in my lavers (I hit it in socks yesterday screwing around before work) then I hit ducking clipper for the first time ever, which felt super cool, I was very excited. I also hit three Whirls in a row, which tops my previous consecutive record. That was more of an accomplishment than it would be to a lot of you because Zach challenged me to hit it our last session. Even though I'm slowing down (which is a little frustrating) it is still nice to play again. Hope you all have a good day.

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 16 Apr 2014 15:06

It makes me really happy to see a new fellow Michigander footblog. Sweet!
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 16 Apr 2014 22:07

ConFUSIONous say: "When the water flow begins to slow, dive deeper to find problem"

Aka: Practice your stupid basics.

You should be warming up with basics every session. Also, you should be drilling and connecting your basics and trying to set records of consecutives with them. Consecutive Legovers, op clippers, ss clippers, Atws bs, Orbits bs, Pickups, Mirages bs, Illusions bs, etc… Your shred can only progress when you build your castle stronger and you must do this by reinforcing the bottom of your game.

Nice highlights though.

Good luck with the basics.

It's all about the basics. The sooner you realize that, the better you will get.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Vraidave
Shredaholic

Post by Vraidave » 17 Apr 2014 02:37

I always do warm up with the basics. But I think session after next (next session will be with Anton, we talked about workshopping my pixie) I will dedicate the whole thing to drilling my tiltless. Its not a bad idea. An hour and a half of straight tiltless shred :p

Vraidave
Shredaholic

Post by Vraidave » 18 Apr 2014 08:35

Good solo session today. I took the advice from Professor Polini, and drilled my tiltless. I think what was making me feel like I was plateau-ing was that I wasn't warming up with enough tiltless. Then my stronger tricks wouldn't come as fast and I'd get tired of dropping and give up. Today, I "warmed up" with some tiltless (aka an hour straight, nothing but tiltless). Then when I started trying my harder tricks and they were coming to me way easier. My flip Whirl is still killing me, I can very rarely hit it, but its getting smoother. I also hit flip Mixer for the first time today, with a good bit of ease. That led to a couple times hitting it BSOS. Flip Eggbeater still isn't quite there, but it's not far off. I can taste it. Once I get both of those flip, and I get my pdx Illusion and Mirage a bit stronger (those are pretty strong) I'll be able to hit Mixer and Eggbeater pdx easy-peasy. I also hit a pdx Whirl today, super cleanly. However, when i went to link into my next component, my hand got in the way -_- felt pretty dumb after that. My strong Whirls are probably my best non-BOP trick, so hitting them pdx isn't that bad. It also makes not being able to hit them Flip INCREDIBLY frustrating. I had to stop trying after a while because I kept hurting myself.

So yeah. That's where I am right now. Thanks for reading.