Double AA's Footblog - Feeling Lost!!!

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
akprice
Shredaholic

Re: Double AA's Footblog

Post by akprice » 06 Oct 2014 04:34

well it's been a while since i posted. i took a break from footbag for a month or so. just lost interest and the desire i used to have. i was also very busy with life and raising my daughter. i eased myself back into it and have found the passion again. i also told myself i wouldn't post on here until i started hitting some goals. felt like i was stuck there for a while and got tired of posting the same shit every time.

so i had an epic sesh yesterday. these were all firsts for me.

:arrow: mirage bsos x2
:arrow: pickup bsos x2
:arrow: ss mirage bsos x2
:arrow: ss pickup bsos
:arrow: paradox mirage!!! - tried hitting this the other day with darren and was coming close. finally hit it strong side. tried flip but knee was getting sore.

also worked on these:
:arrow: near pickup bsos
:arrow: near pickup bsos

it has been great to have someone to kick with. darren is really pushing me. he also makes me switch it up quite a bit. if i am having issues hitting something strongside, he tells me to stop and try flip. funny, usually i end up hitting it on flip right off the bat. so it's been awesome. he's really trying to get me to get the bag from one side to the other so i can get some strings going.

still struggling with legovers but i think i'm getting closer. just got to get my dex tighter.

til next time...
Aaron Price
No reason why extreme cardio should be boring. -Salem Straub

krustykrakk
BSOS Beast

Post by krustykrakk » 06 Oct 2014 05:43

Awesome to hear from you, dawg! Props on the passion and sweet highlights. Can w please kick again soon?
Benjamin J. Babyak

I kick, therefore I am.

Did ya look at it?

akprice
Shredaholic

Post by akprice » 21 Oct 2014 05:29

ben - would love to kick again. not sure when i'll be able to get up that way any time soon. :(

good sesh last sunday. haven't vid in a while so decided to record my ss mirages which are getting much better. not sure if these seem rushed or not. they feel good but when watching this, they just seem rushed.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ0UR39WtLE[/youtube]

worked on usual stuff but this was the biggest highlight:

:arrow: infinity (FIRST TIME)!!!
Aaron Price

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 21 Oct 2014 08:56

Whoa. Those looked awesome. Not exactly rushed, but take your time and enjoy the stall for just a bit longer if you want. Your form surprised me. It got so much better :) keep it up
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

MetZelRio
Fearless

Post by MetZelRio » 06 Dec 2014 17:27

akprice

The shout out sessions return and Aaron is the reason for the season.

I've been eagerly awaiting some updates but I haven't seen a whole lot so I'm hoping I can kick start your heart baby! This is for you:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mzpy66r ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

akprice
Shredaholic

Post by akprice » 12 Dec 2014 12:50

i'm still here just not much to blog about lately. still drilling the same shit... mirage, pickups and clippers. really trying to get my clippers solid.

found out last night that my christmas present from my wife that she was trying to keep a secret is that she is sending me to new years jam!!!! pretty stoked. didn't think i was going to make it. seriously need to pick up my game before the end of the year.

cya'll in ann arbor!!
Aaron Price

akprice
Shredaholic

Post by akprice » 16 Dec 2014 05:02

good couple of short but productive sesh's lately.

really been working the bag from side to side to get some longer strings going. been doing this drill to help with that:

:arrow: mirage > ss mirage > op mirage > ss mirage
:arrow: pickup > ss pickup > op pickup > ss pickup

i really like these drills. also... finally hit this:

:arrow: butterfly bsauced - flip is shaky but footed it

then just drilling clippers and more clippers:

:arrow: near clipper - hold 3 secs (prob do 50 or 60 of these bs every sesh)

really excited for nyj! i had no idea i was going. i have not been involved very much in the community lately. i rarely comment on facebook and haven't blogged in a while. life is happening, winter is coming and i just haven't had the drive for it that i used to. darren and i haven't been able to get a shred going in a while either. they just had their 3rd child and it's getting cold out and light is short. we also don't have an inside spot to kick either. hoping we figure something out.

i am hoping that this jam will motivate me and i find that passion again. when i went to jamps last april, i came back home extremely discouraged. everyone was soooo good and i had just started. i believe i have come a long way since then and am stoked about my 2nd jam!
Aaron Price

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 16 Dec 2014 10:12

stoked to see you in Michigan homie!
Kevin Hogan

BSC

krustykrakk
BSOS Beast

Post by krustykrakk » 16 Dec 2014 12:26

Oh, man. Life always gets in the way of footbag. I think most people are at least a little discouraged after their first jam, even if they don't admit it. Can't wait to see yo ass.
Benjamin J. Babyak

I kick, therefore I am.

Did ya look at it?

akprice
Shredaholic

Post by akprice » 27 Dec 2014 10:21

kevin - can't wait to hang again!

ben - def want to kick with you more at this jam!

had a couple of really good sesh's lately. today's was prob the longest i've had to date. was still having some issues with mirage out of clipper. went back and watched a dex tutorial that paul made me and i had a serious epiphany!!! i noticed that paul's body stayed perpendicular to the bag until right before the dex from the mirage. i think my body was facing more towards the bag and thus my dex was extremely hard to get around the bag. i instantly tried that and voila... much better. thx paul!!!

also been fucking around with osis more. they seem they are getting better. i'm really concentrating on landing the osis as a clipper. matt kemmer gave me some advice on that as well as watching nick's osis tutorial.

didn't work on butterfly today.

i can't wait for friday!!! i'll be arriving in detroit on friday around 11:30. anton is picking me up and i think that kyle cook and matt kemmer will be arriving around that time as well. i can't wait to meet everyone. the last jam i went to at psu, i didn't get to kick with everyone that i wanted to. i also felt weird about kicking with some of the more experienced players. i am really going to try and kick with as many people as i can this go around (hopefully most of the bap players as well). so excuse my sloppy form.
Aaron Price

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 28 Dec 2014 19:23

Stoked to see you again dude. Everyone gets props for pushing during a string, no matter your level or the level of others in the circle. Cya Friday!
Nick Polini

Funblog

akprice
Shredaholic

Post by akprice » 31 Dec 2014 08:38

thx nick... looking forward to shredding with you. don't think we did at jamps.

well i had my last sesh before the new years eve jam. my right knee started hurting so it didn't last very long but still very productive.

anybody that follows my blog knows that i have had serious fucking issues with legovers. i stopped drilling them for a while. occasionally during a sesh i might try a couple but to no avail. today i was going to hit pickup. i set from right toe, dexed around the bag and landed it... except it wasn't a pickup. my brain decided to hit legover instead. i was like... that wasn't a pickup. i'm pretty sure that was a legover. so i tried a few more and hit it everytime. i think that pickups have helped my legovers for some reason. tried more bs and kept hitting them. now my dex still needs to be much tighter but they def felt easier. hope that continues...

i also have a fascination with rakes. i think they are just so fucking cool. i have watched vids and could never grasp how i was suppose to set. tried some today and hit a couple... i think. i set from my left toe and then hopped to my left a little and turned 45 degrees to my right (clockwise) and then raked with right toe. not sure if that is right or not. would def love some help with these at the jam (nick, cass, anyone).

other than that this is what i worked on today:

:arrow: mirage (ss and op)
:arrow: pickup (ss and op)
:arrow: legover bs
:arrow: clipper > mirage
:arrow: clipper > pickup
:arrow: butterfly bs
:arrow: osis bs
:arrow: rakes

i'm very excited for my 2nd jam. only a couple of days left. cya there peeps!
Aaron Price

akprice
Shredaholic

Re: Double AA's Footblog - NYJ thoughts

Post by akprice » 06 Jan 2015 06:42

WOW... what an incredible time!

i went in to this jam (it being only my 2nd) to not be nervous and kick with as many people as i could. i accomplished both of those!

my first jam was jamps last april. i was so nervous and timid. i had only been kicking for 4 months at that time and could barely hit clipper. i was so intimidated by everyone and wasn't myself. this go around, i can hit clipper and a few other tricks and felt more confident. i really bounced around from circle to circle to meet as many people as i could. it was cool to see so many different styles.

i also competed for the first time in intermediate circle. my pool consisted of me, khoa, david moutard (who ended up winning it) and christian. i played ok but i wasn't nervous at all! i just had fun. i ended up placing 3rd in my pool.

i won't go into every detail about the whole weekend but i'll hit a few moments.

anton picked me up from the airport. kyle cook and matt kemmer also arrived around the same time so we all road with anton back to his house. we stayed there a little while and then drove to ann arbor to go have a session at the chemistry building. the students were still on break from the holidays but anton said that the building has been open in the past during breaks. well wouldn't you know it, it wasn't open this time. we tried multiple doors to no avail. we then tried the library since we saw it was open. there were a bunch of us that were like, there is no way they are gonna let 25 or so footbaggers kick in a library. anton eventually talked to someone and said we could try this one area of the library. we ended up going through small hallways with tons of books everywhere. i thought it was just comical. we went up and down stairs and finally ended up in a hallway with a broken elevator. there really wasn't room for all of us to shred here and we were all starving at this point anyway so we ditched the sesh and went to eat.

this was a cool graffiti alley on our way to the chemical building.

and here's us going through the many areas ofthe library looking for a shred spot. haha!

so the main reason i went to this jam was to meet my mentor and online friend paul gressett (metzelrio, ott boggly). my wife surprised me with a christmas present to go. i texted paul when i finally got to the hotel friday night. we were staying in the same hotel. i had asked him earlier if ott boggly was coming to the jam and he said maybe. so i get a knock at the door and when i opened it, none other than fucking ott boggly was standing there. he said are you brown rice (since he can't remember or say people's names correctly). i lost my shit and started laughing. we hugged and then had a short sesh in my hotel room with his son sabastian.

it was incredible to finally meet paul. he has been awesome with me and my game. i fell in love with his wife and family. i think that me and his littlest child praxias hit it off. he kept coming up to me at the jam and hugging my leg.

me and paul (metzelrio)

as far as highlights... i don't think i hit anything that i haven't hit before. they had a workshops on sunday which i thought was awesome! i think every jam should have workshops like this. we told them what we wanted to work on. i wanted to work on rakes and nick polini had a workshop on that and spinning. it was great to finally get some help on these and see where the set actually goes to. we did rakes from ss clipper and far toe. i eventually started hitting them pretty frequently from far toe. i just think rakes are so styley and i'm excited to incorporate those into my game.

the next workshop i did was on osis. i have tried these a little bit. matt kemmer gave me a nice tutorial write up on these a while back. i haven't fucked with them much but did before the jam. they split us up into 3 groups. ianek was our teacher. he is incredible!!! he's a god in footbag but loves teaching as well. he gave us some tips and then wanted to see all us do an osis. i don't know what happened at this moment. THIS IS THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE JAM FOR ME!!!! :D i dropped the bag to my clipper, set it and then hit my osis. ianek looked at me and said, well, there is nothing i can teach you about osis and then went onto ryan. i was like, WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED!!! that was the best osis i had ever done! and it wasn't a fluke either. i kept hitting them strongside. weakside does need some work but ianek said that my form was very good and i just needed to nail them down. i think it's crazy that i can hit osis but can't hit a fucking legover. pretty funny!!!

that's really about it. i had a blast and met a ton of people. it was awesome to meet some of my idols: nick landes, scott davidson, nathan pipenburg, brian sherrill and evan gatesman! what an open circles final it was with evan, nathan and nick! fucking incredible!!!

not sure when i'll get to another jam but this one was by far the funnest i've been to yet. big thanks to anton, zach and adam for putting a great jam together!!

Aaron Price

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 06 Jan 2015 07:01

This was a really good write up, I'm excited to read everyone's perspective. It was awesome to hang and shred with you. Keep listening to Paul, he's got an awesome foundation.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 06 Jan 2015 11:11

dude! props on the osis ownage! great seeing you again, wish we got to hang out more and talk pretty design-y things but there's always penn state jam for that :)

Games looking good man, until next time.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 06 Jan 2015 12:46

Nice write up. Props on Osis progress. Such a key trick.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 08 Jan 2015 09:18

So sick about the Osis issues being solved. Osis is a super fun trick. Once you can start them back to back is when the fin really starts ;)

This post is dedicated to starving children in Africa
Nick Polini

Funblog

akprice
Shredaholic

Post by akprice » 18 Feb 2015 06:41

well... my life has been completely turned upside down since new years jam. i am getting separated from my wife of 9 years. things haven't been the same between us since taylor was born. we weren't supposed to get pregnant. chris had cervical cancer when she was 19 and was told she couldn't have kids. i didn't want any so it was a match made in heaven. 10 years and no birth control and then... bam! it really rocked our worlds. we were the couple that went out all the time, hanging out at bars and generally just having fun. we have had our ups and downs throughout the marriage but always seemed to get through it. not this time...

shit started in december when my wife had a bunch of work and vendor parties to go to. my wife is an alcoholic and doesn't know when to stop. she would stay out all night at these parties and it started upsetting me. the other problem is, is that my wife has had 3 dui's and spent 30 days in jail for the last one a few years ago and lost her license. i have stuck through it because that's what i do. loyal til the fucking end. her company moved and she had to start driving to work. i literally couldn't take her. she did this for a while and then got pulled leaving work. she was charged with driving without a license. if convicted, she would have to wait another 3 years to get her license back. so, she got a lawyer, paid him $1200 and he got it dismissed.

meanwhile, since she couldn't drive anymore, she had a co-worker (jason) pick her up and bring her home everyday. around the holidays and after these xmas parties, they started going out after work for drinks. i told her that this wasn't a good idea but they continued to do it. he was texting her all the time and i told her to make that shit stop. she said they weren't romantically or physically involved but i told her she was basically having an emotional affair.

after i got back from michigan, chris basically said she was done and wanted a divorce. she said it was because of my anger issues. i quit smoking last april and my temper has gotten worse. i have major road rage and i yell at taylor when she cries (because i really can't handle the crying). this is why i never wanted kids. chris basically took care of taylor the first 8 months of her life because i would have to leave the room because of the crying. now i did cook every single night and cleaned and did other things to offset the fact that i was basically non-existent in raising taylor.

anyways, i went to a therapist to work on anger management and basically after one session, i have been able to control it. i learned that i have a choice and i can make it. what good comes out of me yelling or getting angry? nothing! it just makes the situation worse. i haven't yelled at taylor since xmas. so do i really have an anger issue if i was able to control it after one meeting? was the anger issue a way of putting the blame on me instead of her????

so i was doing my part but chris wasn't. i told her i wasn't happy either and there were things that she needed to work on, such as her drinking, her and jason, being present, investing in the marriage. she said to work on my anger and then we could worry about us. i told her there wouldn't be an us if we didn't start working on it immediately.

there have been a few times where chris and i have been fighting and then she ends up calling a cab and leaving and stays at a hotel. i have asked her for receipts and she never gives them to me. jason is in his 30's and lives with his parents so i doubt she is going to his house. yes, that's right... lives with his parents. my friends have been telling me that i am in denial and that she is having an affair. i really didn't think that she would do that and gave her the benefit of the doubt for a while until a couple weeks ago.

i had finally convinced chris to come to a therapy session with me and see if there was anything we could do to salvage the marriage. at this point, it's really for taylor. i don't want to split the family up. she ended up coming but basically said there was only 1% of her that wanted to stay in the marriage. she said she hasn't been happy for the last 3 years (basically since she got pregnant). she resented me for not taking care of taylor more when she was a newborn and was still pulling the anger card and was scared that i would do something to taylor. let me be absolutely fucking clear... i would NEVER, EVER hurt my daughter. she is my life and we are in an incredible place right now. maybe we weren't before but that has all changed.

we left the appt and actually had a good night. she held my hand, we took a bath together, even danced a little but at the end of the night she still said she wasn't sure if we could get back what we had. that weekend, we went out with taylor on sat and were driving back home. that day i had tried to be affectionate towards chris and got nothing back in return. i asked her what she wanted. the other night she was caring and compassionate and then today she was cold and heartless. she told me on the ride home that she was done and didn't think it was going to work.

we got home and we continued to talk and then she told me that she didn't love me anymore. obviously i started crying and was a mess. we continued to talk, i never once yelled or got angry. i was mostly upset and extremely sad. she then said that she had to leave and was going to go to a hotel. why are you going to a hotel? cause i need to get a good night's sleep. well then go sleep in the bed and i'll sleep on the couch. no, i just need to get out of here.

she went upstairs and got a few things and then went out in the garage to smoke a cig and wait for the taxi. i went out there talking to her trying to figure out why she was going to a hotel and then she got a text from jason. i instantly grabbed her phone and it said, "already here"! i was like already here, already where chris? you're going to meet jason at the fucking hotel aren't you? no, she said. i was like bullshit! i am an idiot! i have been in denial this whole time and you are having an affair. she said she wasn't fucking him! i then took a screen shot of the text and texted it to me. chris was so drunk that she didn't even realize what i was doing or she prob would have ripped the phone out of my hand.

i told her i was leaving and if she wanted to go she would have to take taylor with her. i knew she wouldn't do that and so she ended up telling the taxi to leave when it arrived. it was pretty much over at that point. she ended up staying out all night a week later. i looked at the charges online and saw that she took out $140 from the atm that was right next to the hotel that she stays at. i had texted her that night saying that she had to take taylor to daycare in the morning. she had locked me out of the xterra that has the carseat (it's her vehicle). so she never came home, i texted her in the morning and said are you taking tay to daycare? i don't have a carseat. she texted back and said she would be there in a minute and would give me the keys to the truck. she showed up with jason in my fucking driveway!!! i couldn't believe it! she handed me the keys and then left with jason.

so now i have to stay in this fucking house with her until i can get a separation agreement done. i am basically starting over at 42. i have gotten an attorney and am hoping to get some money out of the equity of the house. i wanted this to go smoothly but now looks like it could get ugly. my only concern now is taylor. she is my life!

i don't mean to air my dirty laundry on here but i needed to write this shit down and get it out of my head. i do consider you guys my footbag family. i know i haven't been very active on this board lately or on fb but obviously you can see why now. i am still kicking and actually will have more time to kick now, so maybe that's a good thing!

i know that this is the best thing for me. chris needs help and she won't get it. she has checked out and is drinking her life away. i'm tired of being with an alcoholic. she can't be present and give me everything she has and i deserve so much more than that. i WILL rebound and be much happier but for now, it's going to be extremely hard getting through this.

again, i'm sorry for puking all over my blog...
Aaron Price

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Re: Double AA's Footblog - Feeling Lost!!!

Post by Kylescook » 18 Feb 2015 07:19

Definitely no need to apologize for "puking all over my blog". My thoughts are with you sir. Hope everything goes as smooth as possible during the separation. It's not an easy time on anyone. Glad to hear you are having luck with your anger management. I've had depression and anger control issues for much of my life and can definitely relate. I would recommend continuing to see that therapist through the whole process to ensure you have a clear mind through it and don't relapse to old habbits. I consider you my friend so If you want to chat for a few minutes footbag or otherwise feel free to give me a call. I'll be following this blog closely. Hope we get to shred again soon.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges