Danny Boi'$ FootblG

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Re: Dan's Footblog: Chasing The Dankness I See In My Dreams

Post by DC Clinks » 07 May 2016 16:00

Sup mates. Ya boy played some fucking dankbag with El fucking Kemino today. I'd summarize the sesh as moderately dank/10. I was feeling pretty fucking beat from my sesh yesterday so I popped some Advil before heading out to the shred loc. I feel like Kemmer just has this aura of like good shred vibes or some shit cuz I always play better when I'm with him / other footbaggers than just solo. Anyways, shred was good, got a few decent ass highlizziesikienos for ya:
:arrow: Butterfly > SS Butterfly > Paradox Illusion bsos
:arrow: Butterfly > Far Pickup > SS Butterfly > Near Mirage bsos (want to replace that mirage with an illusion in the next couple days)
:arrow: Few good 20+ tiltless stringerinos

Went to the movie theatre with the boys last night to see the new Captain America: Civil War steez. Shit was fucking d0pe, highly recommend. Tom Holland fucking destroyed Spider-man, absolutely killed it. Mad hyped to see the coming Spider-man movie if that dude is playing it. Other performances were really nice too. I liked how they presented it in a really grey-area kinda way. Like neither side was wrong or right, just depends on your point of view.

Here's a song from the end credits that I found particularly alluring: Peace And Love Famz.
-Daniel C. NY, USA. "Sacrifice a goat to our Lord and Savior Evan Gatesman".

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Re: Dan's Footblog: Chasing The Dankness I See In My Dreams

Post by DC Clinks » 12 May 2016 09:59

Hey all, had a nice short session yesterday. It was mad fucking sunny so I found a decent basketball court with shade coverage to not get roasted by the sun. Not much in terms of highlights, only one neat string b-sauced:
:arrow: Butterfly > Paradox Illusion > SS Butterfly > Paradox Mirage

Had a fun little activity with my roommate where we played Yugioh and Magic at the same time. It was interesting to say the least.

Few new songs for those who enjoy what I've posted so far: Back to 'scapin it seems. Got a new acc that I'm gonna work on pretty legitimately without botting or gambling RS money. AKA actually following the rules of the game. We'll see how it turns out.

Peace.

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Re: Dan's Footblog: You're A Wizard Harry

Post by DC Clinks » 27 May 2016 08:37

Hi friends. long time no blog. A few things have happened since I posted some amount of days ago 1) graduated college with a political science degree which is pretty cool. I finished off my last semester with a nice 3.88, so that felt pretty good to achieve. I'm somewhat disappointed with my overall GPA (3.30), which isn't awful like near failing level but it's also not super awesome either. Looking at my 3.88 as a kind of culmination of the growth and progress I've made over the last four years.

In plans of plans for after graduation, I felt pretty burnt after 4 years of academia and didn't really want to go right into a master's program. Just wanted something that paid okay where I could get some experience related to my field. So I've been talking to a Navy recruiter about joining through OCS as an Intelligence officer. Decent pay, good benefits, and they can assist in a master's program when I decide whether or not I want to continue in that aspect. In regards to footbaggers in the Navy, I'm not really aware of any former precedents in this area. If anyone knows of someone who's gone through something, let me know.

Those are the two main big life events that have been going on, so on to actual footbag stuff. I've been playing kinda consistently over the course of my short absence from modified. I had a nice session with Kemino last Wednesday in the park where we shredded to talk of golden puppers and duckos that had a bounty on our heads. Headlightz from that sesh include:

:arrow: Butterfly > Paradox Mirage > SS Legover > SS Butterfly > Paradox Illuminati rpt
:arrow: Butterfly > SS Butterfly > Paradox Mirage rpt op x2.5 (14 or so contacts)

More recently, I've had two sessions so far this week, focusing on pretty much ducking exclusively. Making decent progress so far. Highliterz:

:arrow: Ducking Legover BS (I'm not really sure what is far/near in this case. For this, I did the Legover from the same leg I did the starting Clipper with)
:arrow: Good amount of Ducking Clipper practice (Set is getting more consistent mostly just need to focus on the landing now)
:arrow: Illusion > Far Butterfly > Near Illusion > SS Mirage BSOS
:arrow: Butterfly > Near Illusion > SS Butterfly > SS Butterfly > SS Mirage BSOS

I ever tell you guys how much I despise bees? Like I hate bees so much it's unreal. They can smell fear and they fucking thrive on it. It's not even an irrational fear of getting stung, I just can't stand the sound of buzzing insects close to my person. Number 1 the worst sound ever past nails on a chalkboard or silverware scraping on plates. Here's a haiku about how much I hate bees:

I fucking abhor bees.
And their goddamn buzzing wings.
Enmity of ages.

Peace and love all. Except to bees, screw bees.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 27 May 2016 20:42

Someone else might know better but I have a feeling Aaron Orton was in the navy? I think I remember reading something long ago on the footblogs about someone who was in the navy. Nice work on the degree. I found that at uni, that I started off pretty haphazardly and by the time the final semester was coming around I was strongly improved however that wasn't enough to raise up my total scores.

Allan

Post by Allan » 27 May 2016 21:19

I don't know if he still is, or if he still plays ever, but Jim's brother Boon (sp?) is or was a US Navy guy ...

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 07 Jun 2016 20:05

Allan/Dan: Thanks for the info guys, ill try to look into it. On my phone atm so no big type up / songs inc, just straight litez over the past week. One solo sesh, one with the Maestro himself. Sorry for the format, hopefully shit makes sense. All links are bsauce:

-Butterfly near pickup Ss butterfly paradox illusion
-Butterfly Ss illusion butterfly paradox illusion
-Ss butterfly paradox mirage Ss leg over Ss illuminati
-Illusion Ss mirage leg over pickup Ss butterfly paradox mirage
-Ss butterfly paradox illusion butterfly paradox mirage

Legs are fucking destroyed so probably taking tomorrow off. Will get some footage in the next week or so hopefully, been lacking in that area. Sleeping is experience waste, it is known.

Outskiez.

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 15 Jun 2016 12:04

footz.
peace.

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 15 Jun 2016 15:05

YES. You look better than me at Butter >P Mirage repeat. Hope you don't hate me for this, but your Illusions are looking less and less "The". Regardless, keep doing them PIMP. Your time for tyranny shall be upon us in no time.

Edit: And thanks for the video! Form is coming together nicely.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 22 Jun 2016 18:10

Derek: Thank you for the compliments homie, appreciate it. Helps to motivate for the grind you know? I don't mind your comment on Illusions, I agree there's more progress to be made in this area. In all areas really, but continual improvement makes a good footbagger :)

----

Hello friends. It's been like a week or so since my last post? Becoming too infrequent for my tastes. Will try to update more from now on? Maybe every week or so is good? Dunno the perfect posting ratio to be honest. I suppose it depends on the quality of posting being done, of which mine has suffered in recent weeks/months (personal opinion).

Footbag... It infuriates me one second and fills me with joy the next. I've just now begun to appreciate the reward that comes from perseverance and dedication to something for an extended period of time. I started this blog and footbag more broadly about two years ago this month (first session with Matt was March 27, 2014 I believe). More recently I've started to reflect on the sense of... achievement? Accomplishment? Maybe just pride... that comes with doing something regularly for a bit more than two years now.

This is maybe less significant compared to those of you who have been playing for 10+ years and consistently maintaining or improving upon your skills as the years go on (Pretty sure Ken has been playing for almost as long as I've been alive, likely Allan too, with Matt himself just recently hitting the 10 year mark). A chipmunk and a squirrel both likely look the same to a grizzly bear, to use an odd but hopefully apt metaphor.

Shit, I've only just recently started to view myself as a footbagger in the true sense of the word, rather than some hacky sack kid who can do a couple tricks infrequently. I'll write more on this later I think, but this is beside the point of this post. To whom do I owe this aspect of my life to? The answer to that question is quite simply, honestly, 100% Matterino Kemmerino. Silly nicknames aside, I owe most if not all of my footbag development and progression to Matt. Sure, after I absorbed and memorized the information he was teaching me, the rest of it was on me to practice solo -- but the original mentoring and help came from him.

I won't go into too much detail, but his level of caring and generosity in aiding/helping me progress and fully enjoy the footbag community has earned him my respect as a true friend and footbag companion. Whether it was cracking up to 50 Shades of Grey on the way to PA, chilling vibin to A Tribe Called Quest or Steve Wilson, or just making silly Spongebob references while shredding, there has never been a dull moment with El Kemino.

Some of you might be wondering right about now, what's with the sudden hard on for Kemmer yo? The reason, and inspiration, for this post stems from the fact that Matt and I had our last session together on Friday for the foreseeable future. The absence of such a friend and footbag mentor will likely not be fully appreciated until later, however, suffice to say, I miss ya already amigo.

I don't presume to know how good or bad I will be at footbag in the future, or even if I will make to 10+ years like some of you reading this now. I could be good, maybe even very good, or just stop playing altogether for some unknown reason. However, I do know one thing: whatever progress I've made in the last two years, or continue to make in the years to come, the main person responsible (other than myself obviously) will be Matt. So thanks El Kemino.

Until next post, keep it 100 everyone.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Re: Dan's Footblog: Thanks El Kemino

Post by C-Fan » 23 Jun 2016 08:33

Nice. You're both lucky to have a friend/mentor like Kemmer, but also lucky that you appreciate it. Too often we don't appreciate things like this until they are gone.

Good luck in your quest to make it to 10+ years playing. I'm coming up on 20 years next year, and not a dull moment yet.

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Re: Dan's Footblog: Thanks El Kemino

Post by DC Clinks » 04 Jul 2016 11:40

Ken: For sure man, truer word n all that. 20 years is really something.

----

Been a week or so. Still playing a couple times a week though. Went for a ~11 mile bike yesterday, felt good enough to play some footbagz today. Depending on how I feel tomorrow I'll try to up that distance a bit in my next biking sesh. Anywhoz, today was mainly just working on Butterfly/Infinity stuff, managed to up my Infinity record to 7 this sesh. I'll push for 10 in the coming week. Here's some footage from a session a couple days ago. Few runs, some ducking progress mostly.
Been pretty sluggish in my sessions as the temp is getting around 90 here now (Derek is probably giggling to himself reading that). But yea, slower sessions that last about an hour with rest in between runs has become the norm. Maybe it'll cool down a bit, who knows.

Been on a rock/metal binge recently. Here's some songs from a variety of genres. MusiK
Peace.

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Re: Dan's Footblog: Titles Suck And I Hate Them Very Vehemen

Post by DC Clinks » 22 Jul 2016 17:47

Ay familia. Been a minute. What's good?

Haven't posted in recent couple weeks cuz not much to write about footbag wise. I might have mentioned this before but I don't really like writing in here without at least having some sort of footbag-related content/highlights to share. So no footbag = little to post about that is on topic I suppose. But yea footbag... Have not played much recently, maybe 1 or 2 times a week. Still staying pretty active now that I dusted my bike off and started going for rides an hour or two almost every day. I'll try to take some pictures next time I go out, there's a lot of nice green forest shit around my house w/ nature trails and all that.

Got some brand new footbagzzz to shred with yesterday straight outta BOISE IDEEHOZ. One 14 panel from my boy Dr. Dolittlefieldz and a 32 from Steve Lanza. Picture of the Goodz below:

Really do enjoy the mad vibrant primary colors on both bags. Never had a bright colour like yellow on my bags below, definitely makes it easier to keep focus on where the bag is. Played for a bit yesterday with both bags alternating between strings, and again today with just the 32. Not to say that I'm rejecting my I² overlords, just wanted to try out a bit of variety from other stitchers and support the new freedom footbags site.

In terms of progression, haven't really made any noticeable improvements recently. But I wanna hone in on a few concepts at a time and drill those to relative consistency before moving on to other stuff. So at the moment priorities are Ducking Set, Osis, and Whirl. Inspired by Ken's new podcast, I went out n braved the dirty 96 degree heatZ and drilled a bit of Ducking. Really tried to pay attention to what I was doing incorrect in regards to set placement, height, and ducking form/ end stall.

I noticed that on my right, the placement was good while my height was a little higher than necessary, so I worked to correct that side w/ those issues. I think it might be because I have a lot more "spring" or power to my right Clipper, and am able to set it a lot higher than my left side as a result. Meanwhile, on my left side, I noticed an opposite problem where my duck form was good but I had issues with set placement and height. My left Clipper has always been the weaker of the two and I tried to figure out why in this sesh in regards to Ducking. I interpreted that on my right side, my crank force/energy was much higher than on my left, where I had weaker form and was trying to compensate that with a faster set with less control to it.

So I made a big effort to really force my form to be a bit stronger on my left Clipper/Ducking set, while trying to control/tone down my power on my right set to get a more even height in line with my neck height. So yea that was a nice experiment that I had never really done before and I think will be beneficial to make a habit out of for future shred sessions.

Oh yea, if a certain SOMEONE nicknamed EL KEMINO is reading this at the moment, if you would kindly UPDATE your footblog with all the COOL SHIT you're doing, that would be really GREAT. THANKS DAD.

MUSIK IS LIFE. ENJOY TRAP/ CHILLLL SONGS. LOVE YOU ALL. SORRY FOR SPELLING/GRAMMAR ISSUES. PEACE.

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Re: Dan's Footblog: The Artist Formerly Known As A Title

Post by DC Clinks » 09 Aug 2016 09:20

HelloZ. Still alive, still playing footbag sometimes. Went through my recent files on Windows Movie Maker and realized it's been more than a month since my last video. So please find below a few clips from my past two sessions. nothing super spectacular but its recent footage and I actually had fun recording this time around.

The shred spot is new, I like the colour contrast between the buildings, the sky, and the green plant shit. The building next to me provides some much needed solid shade and the concrete has nice grip. I had some pretty major lighting issues that I had to figure out since I was playing in the shade against a really bright background.

At first I was just readjusting the camera's point of focus for every video shot, which got pretty tiresome after a while. I don't like recording for long periods of time because my computer can't handle editing videos very well. So my method of taping is pressing record, try to film my drill/string as quickly as possible, and just delete the footage if I don't get what I want after a minute or two.

So you can probably see now why readjusting the camera every minute or two would be annoying. So I began to mess around with various settings as you'll probably see in the video, trying to brighten up my area of play while also trying not to white-wash everything in the background. Found a decently happy medium in between these two efforts by changing exposure values to go up a bit. Someone smarter than I at photography/science stuff could probably explain it better than I could, but I found that it brightened up my shaded area of play at the expense of turning the background more white.

Been trying to get more non-footbag related exercise in recently, running, biking across town / neature trails etc. So my level of play isn't really growing as much as I'd like but at least maintaining my current level of play. Anyways, here's the footage:
Along with that I have a couple photos from my bike rides. There's not a whole lot that's interesting to photograph nearby other than just woodsy nature kinda stuff, but I did find this neat bit of local history at some sort of abandoned Army testing site or something. It's even got it's own wiki article for it if you're interested in that sort of thing.

Been enjoying a lot of Final Fantasy soundtracks recently, even though I've never played any of the series. Some of the music is very chill to listen to while doing other things. Favoritist piece so far below.
Bye.

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Re: Dan's Footblog: The Artist Formerly Known As A Title

Post by DC Clinks » 14 Aug 2016 18:18

Hey peepz. It's been less than a week since I last updated this blog, so I think I played Mon/Tues/Thursday/today for at least an hour each session. So that's a decent amount of play time in a week so that's nice. Don't have any new video, I'll try to film some stuff by my next post. Instead, here's some highlights from the past week or two:
:arrow: Butterfly > SS Butterfly > Near Illusion > Butterfly > Paradox Mirage BSOS (10 contacts)
:arrow: Pick-up > SS Pick-up rpt op x3 (12)
:arrow: Butterfly > Paradox Mirage rpt op x5 (20)
:arrow: Illusion > SS Illusion rpt op x3 (12)
:arrow: Mirage > SS Mirage rpt op x10 (40)

Further explored that old military testing site that I talked about in my last post I think. There was a nice big no trespassing sign or something of the sort leading into the site, and a truck full of dudes talking as I strolled by. They either didn't notice me or didn't really care where I was going as they basically ignored me biking through. Thinking back on it, the worst someone could probably do there is some basically unseen graff-- a few tags or a piece would probably make this place look prettier even.

Anyways, bunch of cool abandoned looking buildings n steez like that, all overgrown with nature since the whole place has been shut down for a few decades. Really kinda eerie reminder that after all is said and done for us humans, nature has the potential to live on if we don't destroy it first. We can prolly debate the future/ end game of the human race in the discussion thread, but for now I'll just throw down some pictures.

Nothing but peace and love for my footbag homies.

AdAstra
Multidex Master

Re: Dan's Footblog

Post by AdAstra » 14 Aug 2016 18:32

Abandoned places are awesome. Cool pics. Did you go through that door?

Also enjoyed the first drop in that song.
Austin
Lexington, KY, USA, Pale Blue Dot

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 14 Aug 2016 23:31

Looks cool there, would be great for a shred clip.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 15 Aug 2016 06:52

Reminds me of the test chambers in Portal 2, which are the same as the ones in Portal 1 just overgrown after being abandoned:

Just be careful while exploring...don't enter any confined spaces and don't assume any of the stairs/walking surfaces are still structurally sound.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 15 Aug 2016 11:31

Hey man, your game is looking great. You really are getting good the same way that Matt got good. Just getting sickeningly awesome at basics and letting new tricks come when they come. I think you'll be happy to see what your game looks like in a year. Keep killing it. Hope to see you at ECFC?
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 15 Aug 2016 19:59

Austin: Agreed yo. I went through every door that wasn't sealed behind a Masterlock, mostly just debris, broken stuff, and dead shit inside, otherwise cleared out. Glad you enjoyed the songzies.
@Dan: For sure, I'll try to throw down a decent combo somewhere over there for ya.
@Ken: Dang, photo looks kinda spooky. Never played the Portal series but I've heard good things about it. Sound advice, actually thought something similar to myself when trying to climb a mad rusted ladder to get up to this big ass bird nest up a tower. Like hmm, maaaybe climbing up a decades old ladder that completely rusted out ain't such a grand idea.
@Nick: Thanks boo, building this shit up pyramid style if that makes sense. El Kemino vision. Dunno about plans for East Coasts, could be possible though fo sho.
----
Shred. Groovy tunes.
Repeat.
Peace out wolf scouts.

anhkhoashevakt
Shredalicious

Post by anhkhoashevakt » 15 Aug 2016 21:44

Wow man some great improvements you are making so far. Your game looks way better, and much more consistent as well. Congrats!