Danny Boi'$ FootblG

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Matt K
Flower Child

Re: If I Had One:Operation Dinkleberg, Fairly Oddparents Edi

Post by Matt K » 05 Nov 2015 06:02

Don't ever change
Matt Kemmer

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 05 Nov 2015 06:45

it hurts but i do it for shrek.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 12 Nov 2015 17:46

OH BOY NEW PAGE SUCH EXCITE MUCH WOW GR8. TIME TO FILL THIS SHIT UP WITH TONS OF MULTIMEDIA.
----
@Matt: I don't even know how to be normal.
@Hograndpa: Shrek is love, Shrek is life.
----
Hi friends, been a minute. Still playing once or twice a week but we'll see how much I can do this weekend. Fucking hell week is coming up in terms of essays/ exams/ other shit so dunno how much I'll be able to play. BUT ANYWAYS, sesh today, was fun. Just drilled a couple rpt drills and some random stuff. Finally got my ph0ne camera to work again and realized I haven't posted any vids ina while, so here ya go: Highlights:
:arrow: My average warmup drill fully repeated (Start with Clipper > SS Toe > Legover > Op toe, same plus another legover, final link ending in Clipper SS Leg > Legover > Legover)
:arrow: Mirage > SS Mirage rpt op x5 (20 contacts)
:arrow: Legover > SS Legover rpt op x3 (12)
:arrow: Pickup > SS Pick rpt op x1 :( [could prolly get 2 with a bit more effort, will get soon]
:arrow: shit in vid

Ivan and I are currently on the same wavelength music wise. Been putting both our songs recommended to each other in a playlist, you can give it a listen here if you want.

Working on a new project in MS Paint. Let's just say it involves Santa and our dearly beloved green ogre. SHRED TILL U DIE HAHA #YOLO #SLEEPISFORTHEWEAK #GNARLYSHRED
Last edited by DC Clinks on 12 Nov 2015 22:06, edited 1 time in total.
-Daniel C. NY, USA. "Sacrifice a goat to our Lord and Savior Evan Gatesman".

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 12 Nov 2015 20:23

Yo, I am definitely tuning myself to your musical wavelength. I didn't even know the Glitch Mob had anything new since Love Death Immortality.

DOPE double legovers! And an illusion!
Ryan Morris

PSU crew, ECFU, Michigan Footbag, and counting.

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 22 Nov 2015 22:22

Ryan: I can add you in to our discussions on music fo sho. Maybe start a Facebook group message or something. Still struggling with the energy required for DLOs but they've got better since I started drilling symple legovers. Thanks, my illusions are coming along alright. Just starting to mess around with illusions out of clipper so we'll see how that develops.
----
Hi friends, I had 1 footbag session this week unfortunately. But it was a good 2.5er with Kemmastics in which I destroyed all energy in my legs. Different from last couple of sessions in that it actually went well. Also played with matt last last Wednesday I think, but nothing really noteworthy other than a mirage with a superball. Anyways, shred on this last Wednesday:
Clipper > Ss clipper > Ss clipper > near leg > Ss mirage > illusion (one of Matt's warm up drills lol)
Mirage > Ss mirage rpt op x6
Stepping Legover from right
1 25 contact run
Matt (On a bail pickup i did): Who knew it would be a pickup that would save your life.. It's like your sworn enemy holds out their hand at the last second.

On Thursday we saw a play together from my college theatre group. It was about two pplz getting married then they cancel the marriage then a pilot marries 8 pplz at once. It was funny. My friend was in it and I did not recognize him because he lost his beard. Good times.
That is all 4 now. Bye33.

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 29 Nov 2015 18:07

Played Fobbtkickz with Keminoza on Wednesday before he took a plane the next day. He's now in Ukraine so I guess it's just gonna be me for the next couple weeks. Played for 3 hours running on a glass of lemonade and easy mac. Prolly not a great idea lol, but it was fun and a nice send-off for Matt I suppose as he said he probably wouldn't be playing during those two weeks and use that time for some rest and recovery. Word yo. Got a few links n shit:
-Clipper > Near Legover > SS Butterfly > Paradox Mirage rpt op x1
-Illusion > Pickup > SS Butterfly > Paradox Mirage rpt op x1
-Pickup > SS Legover > SS Mirage > Opposite Clipper > Paradox Mirage rpt op x1

That's all I got at the moment, more footbag later next week hopefully. Time to go drown myself in work for the next couple days as I do all the shit I was supposed to do over Thanksgiving break.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 30 Nov 2015 07:32

Holy piss-shart... Dude, you're not only past the wall that I insisted you'd get over, but you're about to be over the next wall. That was an incredible video. Nice work, man. Keep doing that Butterfly> Pdx Mirage *rpt drill. Add Osis in ther if you can.

For your DLOs, it looks good, but like you said, it's not energy-efficient. To make it more energy-efficient, turn a little after the toe set and open yourself to the bag. Basically, right toe set- plant right leg quickly, but slightly tilting your toe out to the right, then pivoting your left hip to the right a little. While the bag is in the air, it will be more next to you instead of in front of you. This really helps you clear the dexes more easily.

Stoked to kick with you again, whenever that is. NYJ? Keep it up. Very impressive. You are certainly Matt Kemmor's son.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 01 Dec 2015 22:13

Nick: Thanks dude, really appreciate the feedback. Can definitely feel the progress I've made in the last couple months starting to show. Will hopefully be able to drill in my house during winter and emerge a beautiful footbag butterfly come spring. I'll keep working that drill tho. Osis is slowly coming along, haven't given it much attention in solo sessions, that'll change though.

Thanks for the DLO advice, I'll keep it in when when I drill it in the future. I can tell that they'll be a favorite when I get them consistent.

Nyj is sounding possible atm. I'll have to see how much dough ill have to fork over for a plane ticket but prolly doable. Thanks homie. I strive for kemmerino's form n control.
----
Sup boys n gals. Hows life been? Pretty aight here but been too busy with school work for footbag. I think ill be able to play Thursday tho. There's so much to work on footbag wise I don't even know what to focus on. Dlos, illusions and their clipper counterparts, stepping, ducking, osis, drifter, upping consistency with clippers/butterflies, improving orbits/atws to work towards datws. Ugh. I think I'm just gonna take a component or two and just work them for some length of time like 3-4 weeks or something while slowly experimenting with everything else. Dunno really, I'll have to ask sensei El Kemino. But shit is looking good footkickz wise. Lots of opportunity n potential to expand. So that's cool.

Been feeling some unfavorable tension/stress on my arch in my right foot recently which is weird because I haven't footbagged in like a weeks time. But its been a somewhat frequent occurrence in my sessions with matt. Hopefully its just a bit overworked or something and it'll heal by the next time I play. Oh well. Got some shit I wanna write out on here. Dunno what about yet but I just feel like writing something footbag related recently. Maybe over the weekend ill organize my brain enough to put some pens to paperz. Cy@ later homiesz.

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 12 Dec 2015 13:30

Hey rich homies , what's good. Been playing footbag semi-frequently like once or twice a week if I'm lucky. It's finals weeks next week n I'm knee deep in papers to write. Been putting in work so far this weekend instead of waiting till Sunday night to do everything so that's a nice change of pace. Anyways took a hour off to play footbagz as it was almost nice out today, around 55 n cloudy. Played outside for a bit n just fucked around but also did some stuff.

Last Friday
20 rpt of mirage Ss mirage rpt op x1 (longest string x6)
20 rpt of legover Ss leg over rpt op x1 (longest string x4)

12/12
Clipper Ss leg Ss mirage Ss pickup butterfly paradox mirage rpt op x1
Mirage Ss mirage rpt op x8 (32 contacts)
More dlos on right (left still isn't there)

Was fun. Footbag is nice. Enjoying all the new videos from the joukawhosawhatsitzname. Haven't watched most of em yet but the couple I did were fucking dope. Mad props to all the peoplez involved.

My last real class in philosophy of art was pretty cool. We talked about the Triumph of Will movie and Nazi aesthetics/ the role of morality in artworks. Class discussion was lively and after the class was over some of us stayed for another half an hour to talk more with the professor. She's mad chill, definitely the coolest philosophy class I've had so far. It's some pretty neat shit but its challenging to get through some of the readings sometimes. Philosophers really fucking lay some heavy shit on ya. I had to think about the first sentence of our reading on Kant for like 5 minutes before I understood what the fuck was going on.

My laptop is currently fucked so no cool ass shit this post. Got a new hard drive waiting at home so hopefully that works out aight and i don't have to buy another one for a lil while longer. Pretty good timing that it happened right around finals, its made me like super productive lol.

All for now fam. Hope things are well on your guyez ends. Peace.

P.S. It's December 12th n there's no snow in upstate NY what the fuck is going on?

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 20 Dec 2015 21:35

shit that goes boom Finally got my yugioh deck semi decent with some new cards. too bad the new meta decks FUCKING SHIT ON MY HOPES AND DREAMS. throwing all my cards in the garbage and moving to Magic where i'm told the power creep isn't that bad. Jk but still fuck Konami. I mean yea they're like any other company and have to keep expanding their cards capacities to keep making profit but there's obvious winners and losers with that kind of relationship in card games and older decks are going to fall to the way-side to newer more aggressive deck types. It sucks I guess but at least I got some friends at school that play relatively normal decks.

I played with Matt at some point last week (thursday??) dunno. First time shredding together after he got back from Ukraine. was super duper fun but I got wiped out pretty quickly energy wise and matt was coming off a two week or so break. still was chill tho. this break is going to be massive footbag and runescape xp gains hopefully.

here's a picture of me getting 4 fps running only runescape rofl. was some weird ass issue after i got a new hard drive for computer and had to transfer shit over. its fixed now but man that was some not dank shit.

anyone see the new star wars movie? i heard that luke skywalker kills Dumbledoor with an avada kedavra killing curse right to the fucking mouth. sounds intense cant wait to see it.

bye.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 15 Jan 2016 19:27

Hey, play footbag and post about it. You were just starting to get really solid. Hope you and Kem have been playing.
Nick Polini

Funblog

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 18 Jan 2016 14:34

Nick: Hey bud. Footbag is being done slowly, just been neglecting my posts. I AM BACK THO.
----
So schools back up for one more last semester so that's pretty neat. I'll definitely have a lot more motivation to play now that I can actually play indoors solo. Lets fucking rip it up in 2016 peepz. Anyways, played with Matt Kembatantadorio today. It's was prolly like a solid 8.2 / dank. Hit some amount of shit:
-Clipper > Far Legover > Butterfly > SS Pickup rpt op x1
-Clipper > Infinity > Far Legover
-Far Legover out of Osis (whats the plural of osis guys?)

I tried for some Drifters at Matt's recommendation but they're still unfathomable. I'll work on em I s'pose. Life is cool tho, starting sketching again and I got a cool project in mind that could look nice. Been watching a lot of concept art in regards to digital painting for video games. So that's been getting me hyped creatively again. Bought some acrylic paints for extending card art of yugioh cards as well so I might explore some painting stuff in general too. The artist Feng Zhu has a lot of nice youtube episodes regarding all the different foundations of digital painting, you can check him out here if you want: Matt showed me this cool game where you can have the character in it sing songs to pitch lol. Was pretty entertaining to watch. I'm watching the yugioh anime and this cool show on Netflix called Narcos based on like the life of Pablo Escobar. PRETTY DANK SHIz. Gonna try to read Hobbit + LOTR + Silmarillion this semester. WISH ME LUCK FAM IM OUTSKIEZ 4 LIKE A COUPLE DAYSS.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 19 Jan 2016 18:37

Sounding good, dude. Drifters will come to you sooner than you think. Stoked to kick with you again, whenever that might be.

Osis has and does not have a plural. We prefer to not talk about it...
Nick Polini

Funblog

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 19 Jan 2016 20:45

Hobbit = super fun, my favorite
LOTR trilogy = beautiful story, but soooo much imagery
Silmarillion = basically the Bible of Tolkien's mind. Tough read, but worth it
Ryan Morris

PSU crew, ECFU, Michigan Footbag, and counting.

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Re: Operation Curtain Stealer: The Tale of the Rogue Window

Post by DC Clinks » 24 Jan 2016 09:26

Nick: Word yo. You'd think Drifters would be relatively easy to learn like "Oh I'm good at mirages and clippers too this should be dope jokes right?" NOPE. It'll come with practice I suppose. Same bro, miss yo cute biologist face. I'm gonna just call them Osirises from now on.
@Ryan: Definitely agree on the first two counts. I've heard the Silmarillion is like straight up a history text but we'll see how that goes. Hobbit is def my fav tho fo sho.
----
Sup famskiz. Dan the doodler here. Reference photo included below:

Played foot kick with Kemflamingo yesterday. "T'was p good" -Abraham Lincoln, 1498.
Highlizzisles:
:arrow: Illusion > SS Illusion rpt op x2 (8 contacts)
:arrow: Butterfly > Paradox Mirage > Illusion > SS Pickup rpt op x1
:arrow: Butterfly > SS Mirage > Legover > SS Butterfly > Paradox Mirage rpt op x1
:arrow: Few more decent Osirises

A few choice quotes so you get an idea of what Matt/Dan seshz are like:
"Stop setting so close to your dick" -Matt
"Sacrifice a goat to our lord and savior Evan Gatesman" -Me
"Oh my god my dickhole is raw" -Me

My purple and green footbag has been retired due to multiple holes in the fabric. I just need to find some superglue or something and patch it up and I think it'll be good to use again. In our session yesterday. I also found some filler from what I assumed was my orange and black Halloween bag. No bueno :( haven't inspected it for holes yet but I'm guessing they're there.

I'm about 10% of the way into the Hobbit. The company just wrecked some trolls hard and are now on their way to Rivendell for some R&R. Also starting playing through Borderlands 2, I'm doing a cool melee assassin run through with this guy Zer0. It's interesting so far, I just beat this Captain Flynn dude who had some massive fucking armor boosts that make shooting him super ineffective. After I ran out of ammo I had to resort to just running up and stabbing him and then hiding again quickly. Fun shiz.

My yugioh deck is fucking on fleek. My friends are trying to get me into Magic but I'd scared that I'd get way too into it like I already did with yugioh and I don't want to spend money on another card game lol. We all started watching Legend of Korra with my friend AJ who has never seen it before. The seemingly invincible enemies that suddenly crumple at the last second piss me off so much. But the other aspects of the series make up for it I think.

If footbag had a national anthem, what do you guys think it would be? My top three choices are these: Peace.

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 24 Jan 2016 10:48

DC Clinks wrote:My purple and green footbag has been retired due to multiple holes in the fabric. I just need to find some superglue or something and patch it up and I think it'll be good to use again.
Don't use superglue. It will cause the fabric to become stiff and possibly crack later on. A better temporary fix is to use a tiny piece of medical tape. Swizzle gave me some in the past and I know we play with a couple of bags of his that are patched this way. Someone else can probably give you an exact brand or better description of the tape. A more permanent fix is to find a nice stitcher friend to replace the panel for you.
Edit: I guess if the holes are on opposite sides it may not be worth replacing panels, but the tape idea still holds
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 24 Jan 2016 11:21

Highlights are looking good still.

Like Kyle said, no superglue. I use little squares of a band-aid that I cut out, or you can go to a Wal-Marten store and get some "Liquid Stitch". Just ask, they'll know what you're talking about.

As for footbag theme song.. Tiny win wins. I actually did a really pathetic routine to that song at Worlds '13. I pretty much did Legovers the whole time and dropped on every 3rd one. It was awesome.
Nick Polini

Funblog

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Re: Special Op: Investigating the Mechanics of Pot of Greed

Post by DC Clinks » 31 Jan 2016 07:47

Nick/Kyle: Thanks for the advice guys. The holes are just on one panel so I can probably patch it with tape.
----
Matt n i have played twice since my last post, both p aight. Some hIGHlizGHTS:
:arrow: Clipper > Near Illusion > Legover rpt
:arrow: Butterfly > Far Illusion rpt
:arrow: Clipper > Near Pickup > SS Butterfly > Paradox Mirage rpt
:arrow: Butterfly > Far Illusion > Illusion rpt
:arrow: Clipper > Near Illusion > Clipper > Paradox Mirage rpt

My friend brought all his Yugioh decks from home and we dueled for 3 hours on Friday lol. Beat one of his decks 5-0 and lost 2-1 to another. Fun times.

Here's Matt doing something neat: This song is stuck in my head: These are good songs that should be stuck in my head instead of the aforementioned song: Several episodes into season 3 of Korra with my friend AJ who has never seen it and Jack my roommate. I won't give any spoilers but a certain something that happens in season 2 had my friend rippin pissed.

Working on drawings slowly, will prolly post on FB when they're done.

Peace 4 now homiez.

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Re: Dan's Footblog: In Search of the Rare Dankasaurus Rex

Post by DC Clinks » 08 Feb 2016 06:20

Sup fam. Played 3 times last week, Tuesday solo, and Thursday/Sunday with Matt for a total of 5 hours. Not bad but could be improved. Highlights from all three seshsz (all BSOS):
:arrow: Butterfly > Paradox Illusion > Illusion
:arrow: Clipper > Near Illusion > Clipper > Paradox Mirage
:arrow: Butterfly > SS Butterfly > Paradox Illusion
:arrow: Clipper > Near Illusion > SS Mirage > SS Legover
:arrow: Butterfly > Far Legover > Butterfly > Paradox Illusion

Matt went all drill serg on me and got me doing all these marathon drills for legovers, pickups, illusions, mirage, and clippers. Its frustrating at times but I know it'll make me a better player overall so I'm sticking with it.

Haven't been listening to much dank ass wub music, dunno why really. Not feeling very music-y recently if that makes sense. Got a couple new songs for ya regardless tho: First song is super pop-y, second is some french song that my bro did a lip sync performance to in high school, third is from a band called Eels (Shrek is life), fourth has some rock/punk vibezz, five is from a metalcore band out of Ohio. Something for erryone to enjoi.

This weekend was nice. Got all my work for Mondayz done on Saturday so I was able to just chill out with amigos on Sunday. Did I mention Matt and I played outside yesterday? NICE WEATHER WE'RE HAVING EH???

Taking this class on Religion and Moral Decision that's got me mad philosophical recently. Figuring out morality is interesting shit. Might try to write up a short thing in the discussions forum sorting out shit that's floating in my brain. Would be interesting to see how my thought process changes over the course of the semester.

Matt and I are going on 2 years strong together for footbag companions and friends. Fucking insane. Time flies I guess. Peace n love yo.

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Re: Dan's Footblog: In Search of the Rare Dankasaurus Rex

Post by Add Block » 08 Feb 2016 07:47

DC Clinks wrote: :arrow: Butterfly > Paradox Illusion > Illusion
:arrow: Clipper > Near Illusion > Clipper > Paradox Mirage
:arrow: Butterfly > SS Butterfly > Paradox Illusion
:arrow: Clipper > Near Illusion > SS Mirage > SS Legover
:arrow: Butterfly > Far Legover > Butterfly > Paradox Illusion
Fun stuff, I'm stealing those. And the Miss May I song. :)
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta