Chris the journey beginning

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
ziursirhc
Circle Kicker

Chris the journey beginning

Post by ziursirhc » 04 Jul 2014 21:00

I'll Start With A Small IntroductionUm Of Myself. My name Is Chris I Live InA small Town In New Mexico In The USA.

Well I Started Trying ToFreestyle Footbag Again (Been Just Kicking A Bag Since I Was Young) I Say Again Cause 5 Years It So Ago I Wanted To Try and Learn Freestyle But Refused To Practice My Flipside And Had Horrible Shoes So Eventually I Just gave Up (Plus My Only Footbag Got Kicked Onto The Roof Of My High School) This Time Though I Bought I Good Variety Of Bags And Bought Me A Pair Of Rod Lavers That I Have Modified.

S My Quest To Return Shows That I Haven't Lost To Much Of My Former Touch. The First Day (Before My Lavers Came In) I Trie Mostly Consecutive And Managed 65 Hits So I Figured To Try Some Stalling. With The Basketball ShoesiI Was Playing With I Could ManageTo Toe stall Inconsistently.

So Fast Forwarding To Today ( 5 Days Later)With My Lavers On Foot im Able To toe Stall Consistently With Both Sides Consecutive With And Without Bouncing Footwork. Inside Stalls Are Getting More Consistent But My Flip Side Has A Fairly Weak Set Atm. I Think I Have Fair Dexing With My Strong Side And Working On Getting My Flipside Up To Speed. I Can Hit Awt(In To Out) And Pixie (toe> Same In > OP Toe) Funny Enough I Can Pixie More Often Then I Can AwT.
My Drills Done Today
Toe > OP Inside >OP Toe > OP Toe > OP Inside > Repeat To OP Toe
Attempted Inside > OP Inside > Repeat
Pixie > OP Inside > Repeat (Managed To Do 3X Consecutive)

shred4life
Hack Fiend

Re: Chris the journey beginning

Post by shred4life » 04 Jul 2014 21:05

Hey Chris! Welcome back to the dark side... Erm, i mean to the sport! can't wait to see what you bring to the table. :)
-Vince R

ziursirhc
Circle Kicker

Post by ziursirhc » 05 Jul 2014 18:02

Did A LittleBit Of Practice Today Getting Closer With Flipside Around The World (In To Out) My Dex Is StartingTo Look Alot Cleaner Our At Least Fell A Lot More Fluid Here Tomorrow I'll Make A Short Vid Showing Where I'm At And To See Where You All Think I'm Messing Up.

Did A Couple Of The Same Drills As YesterdaY.
Inside > OP Inside repeat.
Toe > OP Inside > OP Toe > OP Toe > OP Inside
pixie > OP Toe repeat (Still one Sided Working On My Flipside Dex)
Clipper > OP Toe > Hand Catch BS (Sketchy But Getting Somewhere)
Also Got 3 Awt In A Row On My
strongside!

ziursirhc
Circle Kicker

Post by ziursirhc » 06 Jul 2014 12:25

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBpPiqQsHPs[/youtube]

I Was Really Sketchy On The Vi Im Thinking Um Going To Take Tomorrow To Rest From Footbag My Hips Are Starting To Feel Get Overworked And It's Time For A Small Break.

MetZelRio
Fearless

Post by MetZelRio » 06 Jul 2014 12:41

I'd like to join Shred4life by welcoming you. My name is Paul. Great to have you here. I liked how You hit clipper bs first try in the vid.

ziursirhc
Circle Kicker

Post by ziursirhc » 06 Jul 2014 12:51

Ty I Actually First Hit My Weakside Clipper Yesterday So The Fact I Got Em Both Today On Vid I Think Is Good.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 06 Jul 2014 22:06

First off, welcome to Modified! I'm going to be keeping up with your game, everything looks promising. Also, you're an interesting individual, I can already tell and that is what it takes to play footbag. Big fan of how you capitalize every other word. That is actually really cool.

Just watched the video, and my favorite part is seeing how you didn't give a shit that you had to pick that bag up as many times as you have to. That's dedication and it can get you very far in this sport. Just keep practicing as much as possible. Work from your kicks to your 1 adds and so on. If you start from bottom and slowly work your way to the top, you will have a really solid game.

Looking forward to see where you are, progress-wise, in a few weeks.

Dont hesitate to message me if you need any help/advice.

Also, I know Modified looks dead, or almost dead… and it used to be much more lively, but it's slowly on its way back to being popular. Currently, the majority of footbag stuff world-wide is taking place on the Footbag Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/footbag/

You should definitely use Modified, but just know that a lot of stuff that goes on in the community happens on the Facebook group. But using both never hurt anyone :D
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

ziursirhc
Circle Kicker

Post by ziursirhc » 07 Jul 2014 04:33

Thank You And I Don't Capitalize Every Word On Purpose My Phone For Some Reason Does It Automatically. I Have A Good Understanding Of Kicks Already As I Said I'm My FirstPost I Hit 65 My First Day Back And INoticed Slot Of My Drops From Delay To Delay Is Usually From A Bad Set (Usually From My Flipside As Well) I Think One Reason Is Cause I've Been Practicing So Much Since I Started Back Up So im Going To TakeToday To rest.I'm Sure You Well Be ImpressedBy My Progress The Next Few Weeks If You SawWere I Was Last Week YouWould Be Surprised.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 08 Jul 2014 08:39

Fantastic, looking forward to it :-) the capitalized text is still cool. And I'm gonna pretend you do it on purpose lol
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

ziursirhc
Circle Kicker

Post by ziursirhc » 08 Jul 2014 17:12

Still Drilling BasicsToday But Starting To Get Better With My Flipside Awt.

pixie Is Getting Fairly Consistent Soon Gonna Start Flipside Pixie. Also Hit A Mirage Today!

Goals
Awt Both Dex Both Sides One String
Pixie Bsos
legover BS
Mirage BS
Clipper BS
These Are Just General Goals That I Wanna Get. All Stuff That I Feel Is Within Reach. I'm Starting To Get More Consistent So I'm Happy

shred4life
Hack Fiend

Post by shred4life » 08 Jul 2014 18:41

Awesome! Progress is good :)
One little note... The "commonly" accepted names for toe> same (in) > op toe are "near mirage" or "same mirage" this helps avoid confusion between this trick and the set
-Vince R

ziursirhc
Circle Kicker

Post by ziursirhc » 08 Jul 2014 19:43

Well I Would Call It A Ss/near Mirage But The Way I Dex It Is More Like The Pixie Set Hence Why I Call It That Way. Anyways Got Around 10 Total Flipside ATW. And I Just Realized I've Been Calling Around The WorldAwt Instead Of Atw Lmao...

bobgreen
Multidex Master

Post by bobgreen » 09 Jul 2014 03:48

It is probably splitting hairs, but I view pixie and same side mirage as two different moves with the same jobs notation depending on the style in which the trick was hit.

Back in the olden days, I'd say that pixie was actually more common for non-guiltless players to throw into strings.
http://www.footbag.org/newmoves/showmove/34

Oh, and back in '82 I used to be able to throw a pig skin a quarter mile.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtiCfJzxelo[/youtube]

ziursirhc
Circle Kicker

Post by ziursirhc » 10 Jul 2014 19:36

Not Much Done Lately Work Has Been Killer. Got In A Small Session toda.
Hit Atw Bsos
And Mostly Practiced Flipside Basic Dexing.

akprice
Shredaholic

Post by akprice » 11 Jul 2014 05:20

welcome back to this amazing sport!

keep working on atw and orbit. i am just finding out that i need to drill the hell out of these. got stuck on legovers and nick made me realize that i need to work orbits since it is basically the same dex (out to in).

here is a great vid on atw and orbit. it's a different language but you don't need to listen to it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9PdOe9XWYI[/youtube]
Aaron Price
No reason why extreme cardio should be boring. -Salem Straub

ziursirhc
Circle Kicker

Post by ziursirhc » 11 Jul 2014 20:18

Long Session Today Some Highlights
Atw X30 (15 Per Side)
Toe Stall Alot Got 30+ Alternating
Inside Stall Got 10 Alternating
Clipper Bsos! Not Back To Back But Still
Both Sides Inside Wrap OP Toe
Did Alot Of Random Alternating Stalling.
Getting A Much Stronger Foundation.

ziursirhc
Circle Kicker

Post by ziursirhc » 15 Jul 2014 05:47

Well My Message Last Night Got Messed Up Lol. Anyways Didn't Shred Over The Weekend Saturday Was My Birthday And I Went To Mayhem Fest! I Actually Got To Meet Ill Nino! OverallHad A Great Day!

Anyways Did Some drilling Yesterday
Hit Atw BSOS Around 5 Times Can Get Strong Side Around 60% But My Flip Is Getting Better With Dexing!

I'm Also Getting My Basic toe And inside Stalls Fairly Consistent...
Inside > OP Toe > OP Toe > OP Inside> Repeat With Relative Ease My Past Issue Was More Of A Setting problem

Next On My Learn List Is Orbit BS But I Still Need To Get Flip Atw Better First. Also Going To Go Back To Clippers Here Soon Didn't Even Try Them Last Night.

After I Get Atw And Orbit Down It's Pickup And Legover next. Anyways That's It For now.

ziursirhc
Circle Kicker

Post by ziursirhc » 18 Jul 2014 17:23

Anyways I Can't Get This Vid To Load Up Like The Other One Did... I Hate Having To Use My Phone. Either Way Uploaded Another Vid To Show My Current Progress
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri1ihNkAHHA
I'll Just Post The Link Here It's The Best I Can Do Atm. Anyways Highlight In Vid Atw Bsos AMA Clipper Midstring And Nearly Bsos.
Also Starting To Hit Repeated Same Side Clippers!

Cass
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Cass » 29 Jul 2014 16:50

Nice ATWs!

I would recommend working on longer runs of basic stalls with maybe the occasional atw or Clipper thrown in there.

Don't forget about kicks and knee bumps too! They can be a lot of fun and a good way to mix up your runs.

ziursirhc
Circle Kicker

Post by ziursirhc » 29 Jul 2014 20:36

You Really Think My ATW's Look Good? I Thought They Were Sloppy In That Vid I've Gotten Alot More Consistent Now.

This Vid Was For Mostly Just Dexing Progress. It's Been Awhile Since I Posted But I Havnt Ha Much To Say Because im Just Drilling Basics To Get My Foundation solid. I'll Make A Better Vid Maybe Tomorrow Of Mr Trying Some Actual Runs. Starting To Get Mirage And Clipper Near Mirage. Really Struggling With Pickup And Legover Though... But I'll Put Up A Better Vid Tomorrow Maybe....