Kyle's footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Re: Kyle Cook Footblog

Post by C-Fan » 16 Jan 2015 07:05

Kylescook wrote: get ready for a new video ft Cory Allen and myself. .

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 16 Jan 2015 18:38

I like how 50's are unseasonably high for you, and that's just my Winter. New footage of you and Cory, eh? Pretty rad! Hoping that it's more full lengthed. Stepping ss Clipper BSOS is schweet. Gettin' them styles. Beware of the Freestyle Football 8O
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 17 Jan 2015 09:01

Derek wrote:I like how 50's are unseasonably high for you, and that's just my Winter.
You have no idea how much I want to move to California for that reason alone. :x
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 17 Jan 2015 20:23

Today was a pretty good session with cory back from my 5 day break. I've got some film I have to go through and i'll probably just save it and pile it in with tomorrows and maybe mondays footage for a longer video. Todays highlights: :arrow: Blur BSOS :arrow: Atomsmasher :arrow: Torque :arrow: Bubba Beater :arrow: DLO BSOS
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 26 Jan 2015 16:47

I havent really had time to edit together a video from that footage from the park, I might just junk it since i've made progress since then anyway.
I played the last 4 days in a row for at least an hour. Today I played for a little over 2 hours.
Highlights over the last few days, Lots of firsts.
:arrow: Legbeater BSOS
:arrow: Atomsmasher BS
:arrow: Stepping SS Clipper x3 bs
:arrow: Ducking clipper>Stepping SS Clipper repeat
:arrow: Blur BSOS
:arrow: Blizzard BS
:arrow: Stepping SS Illusion BS
:arrow: Stepping SS Pickup
:arrow: Ducking Legover BS
:arrow: Ducking Legover>Toe Drifter
:arrow: Drifter to stop BS
:arrow: Ripwalk B2B
:arrow: PLO x4
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 26 Jan 2015 20:07

Such progress! I like these highlights better than your last ones. Duck Clipp >Step ss Clipp repeat and Duck Leg >Toe Drift are dank. What's your Tiltless contacts personal record at right now?
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 27 Jan 2015 04:05

Derek wrote:Such progress! I like these highlights better than your last ones. Duck Clipp >Step ss Clipp repeat and Duck Leg >Toe Drift are dank. What's your Tiltless contacts personal record at right now?
Thanks man. I'm not sure what my Tiltess record is. Probably less than 10. maybe 7-8?
Edit: Meant guiltless above^ Misread your question. My tiltless record is probably somewhere are 30-40. I could beat that if I tried though
Last edited by Kylescook on 27 Jan 2015 04:37, edited 1 time in total.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 27 Jan 2015 04:17

I'm guessing you mean Guiltless. If you can hit all that stuff, chances are you can hit at least 50 tiltless.

Good highlights, I like Stepping SS Illusion. The next level is Legbeater/Drifter > Ducking/Stepping. 8)
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 27 Jan 2015 04:41

Add Block wrote:I'm guessing you mean Guiltless. If you can hit all that stuff, chances are you can hit at least 50 tiltless.

Good highlights, I like Stepping SS Illusion. The next level is Legbeater/Drifter > Ducking/Stepping. 8)
Thanks Vojta I did mean guiltless there. I haven't hit 50 tiltless yet but you're right that I probably can. I'll keep those links in mind.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Re: Kyle Cook Footblog Stepping set has finally arrived

Post by Kylescook » 30 Jan 2015 06:08

Good Morning Footbag Friends,

I'm working from home today so I was able to go through the footage from the park shred with Cory Allen. I also went through footage from a Tiltless drills session, and the work I put in last night training stepping sets. So I have a video containing all the highlights from recorded shred over the past two weeks.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 30 Jan 2015 09:20

Wow dude, looks like you have gotten better since NYJ. I really like the symple guay. I'm gonna do those now. And your stepping set is looking sweet. All the stuff you hit indoor at the end of the video was really impressive. Keep it up man.

Corey is looking solid too. Those infinities were perfect.
zach jahner

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 30 Jan 2015 09:29

Zjeezy wrote: I really like the symple guay. I'm gonna do those now. And your stepping set is looking sweet. All the stuff you hit indoor at the end of the video was really impressive. Keep it up man.

Corey is looking solid too. Those infinities were perfect.
Lol, I was laughing at myself for even doing them I thought they were so silly. Symple clippers are funny and stylish too. Especially after a flying flipper. Thanks, I'm working on solidifying stepping to all basic down times. Also been working on trying to step out of Osis
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Re: Kyle Cook's First Footbags

Post by Kylescook » 03 Feb 2015 05:24

I made my first two footbags. They seem to be a tad bit smaller than my hania and landes bags. I guess i'll try using less bite on the hexagons as those seem to be where the size difference is between mine and theirs. I took a few photos along the way. I'm planning to get more made so I can get them out to people for feedback but if anyone notices anything from the pictures that I may be doing wrong criticism is appreciated.
ImageImage
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 03 Feb 2015 12:56

Just finished my third bag. I tried to use less bite to make it less rolly and more cushiony, looks like I used too little bite. Feedback appreciated. Bag 4 will be up tomorrow.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 03 Feb 2015 13:25

I can't stitch, but the first two look really good. For my untrained eye, they look indistinguishable from the Haniabags sitting on my table.

Third one definitely looks playable, but it looks like you tried making the stitches closer to the sides of those penta/hexagons, and it made the panels pop out maybe?

I'd say do them like the first two, find a good filler and you won't ever need to buy any bags. Living the dream. 8)
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 03 Feb 2015 13:27

Add Block wrote:Third one definitely looks playable, but it looks like you tried making the stitches closer to the sides of those penta/hexagons, and it made the panels pop out maybe?

Thanks Votja, Yeah that is what I tried on the third one, went a little too close to the edge.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 03 Feb 2015 16:17

I think the first 2 were really good, in terms of bite. That's pretty much how deep I would have stitched... Then I looked at the gather again... Looks fine. I think your problem lies within consistency. Try to just be very careful where you place every stitch (I noticed the one pic, where you started the first b stitch too far over, then had to over compensate by shifting them all over a bit, thus making you end that line too close to the corner... That was hard to explain but message me if it doesn't make sense), make every stitch as close as possible to the same length, mind your corners (aim for that same size small space inside every corner), and every bleedhole should mirror the one adjacent. I think these tips could help. Let me know
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 08 Feb 2015 07:17

Played footbag for fiveish hours with Swizzle at the park yesterday. We didn't film anything but It was a pretty fun session. Been working on Osis>Far Butter>Osis>ss Butter repeat. I hit Ducking Osis>PDX Mirage BSOS. Tried for Ducking Legover>Dimwalk but could only get in on one side. Hit my first PDX DLO, one sided again though. That's about all I remember. Edit: Also hit Ducking Butterfly b2b.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 08 Feb 2015 16:39

Played at the park for a few hours again today. Cory was swamped with homework so this was a solo session. :arrow: Hit the Osis>Far Butterfly>Osis>SS Butter Repeat drill I've been working on. :arrow: Also hit Ducking Butterfly>Pdx Mirage BSOS.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 12 Feb 2015 06:21

Some highlights from a session I had on my porch Tuesday. I also hit Diving Butterfly>Paradox Mirage BS but couldn't seal it as bsos.
Osis>Pickup>PLO>Drifter
Ducking Butterfly>Paradox Mirage
Ducking Osis>Paradox Mirage
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges