Chris Tristano

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Re: Chris Tristano

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 10 Dec 2014 09:18

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic wrote:Homeslice hitting rev Swirls already? I approve of this. Props on finishing the level 1 badge. That's awesome. Onto level 2 now.. I like where your game is going.
Btw, are you aware of the Joulukalenteri?
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 10 Dec 2014 14:55

Polini: I am aware that it is something and it has something to do with putting up videos. I don't really know the history or anything else about it. Enlighten me if you would be so kind.

edit: Something with the Christmas calender?

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 10 Dec 2014 19:11

Check out the videos subforum on the modified home page. Find the Joulukalenteri 2014 post I made and you'll be able to catch up on the past 10 video gift packs and "LOTD"s. Then stick to it, because I post a new video gift pack every day at midnight (EST) until December 24. It'll give you something to really look forward to every day before Xmas!
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 10 Dec 2014 20:32

Oh yes I have been watching them and they are very intense (yes even the up and comer's was intense) And I will keep watching them 8)

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 10 Dec 2014 23:17

I planned on a short session today because I had a terrible sleep last night and my legs were on fire. That didn't happen. I played for about 2 hours. I also re-laced my shoes. I tried the Metzelrio style. It's pretty good so far. The toe is a little more open which allows me to better perform pixies. The downside is it's difficult to get them tight on my feet. I tried to get them snug but it kept pulling up the front of the toe. But I think I will rock it for a little while because I was very productive today. I am flying out of the nest boatz. It is time for me to find my own way. ha.

I finished the badge then I went straight to working on some links. I had a lot of dyno action which I wasn't planning on working on. I also did some pixie shit and some ripwalk shit also. Very productive day. I have 2 minutes of material that I put to music. I guess it's my first real video.

Highlights:

-new links:
:arrow: flipside pixie LO>parkwalk>near pickup
:arrow: butterfly>ripwalk>butterfly
:arrow: butterfly>ripwalk>near mirage
:arrow: butterfly>dyno
:arrow: pixie muted clipper>dyno
:arrow: dimwalk>dyno>near pickup
:arrow: ripwalk>dyno

My first 2x 4 add links. I'm proud ha. The video has the highlights plus butterfly>reverse swirl BS. I went for big links(for me) in these videos. I still need to improve my string length. I can't be dropping on near pickups or illusions or clippers. But I guess it happens.

I should be looking for jobs but instead I'm footbagging for 2+ hours a day. I gotta start eating at home to prolong this funemployed lifestyle. 8)

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 11 Dec 2014 12:46

Looks like your game has really picked up since we kicked in Newtown. It's funny how playing for hours each day does that!

It is too bad that the Australian scene is currently fairly dormant. Hopefully having Juho around may kick things off a little.

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 11 Dec 2014 23:49

Wow I woke up today and I couldn't move my legs. I could barely get out of bed to go to the bathroom. I think that 3 1/2 hour session followed by an intense 2 hour session is what did it. This morning I kept telling myself that i was going to take a couple days off. But somehow, there I was, at the park footbagging...wtf man.

It was a short session. I drilled very basic. Here is a summary of it in order:

:arrow: 100x alternating toe stalls -- PR I guess...should I go for longer than that? I did them all on the balls of my feet and standing as straight as possible.
:arrow: 67x alternating inside stalls -- Definitely way more difficult than toes. woof. After 50 they got pretty sloppy. But on my toes and as straight up as possible. I'm pretty happy with this though.
:arrow: 18x alternating ATW/Orbit Left leg -- My legs didn't last long enough to do anything crazy
:arrow: 12x alternating ATW/Orbit Right leg -- Deteriorating slowly
:arrow: 10x ss clippers Right leg -- Better than expected. Having a lot of trouble standing straight and on my toes while performing a clipper on this side. My body is pretty much falling apart at this point.
:arrow: 8x ss clippers Left leg -- I guess it's opposite day. All my flipside is doing better than my strong side. That might have to do with struggling to stand.

TOES TOES TOES...STAND STRAIGHT UP...

I need to get this in my skull. I did try one rip walk standing straight up and on my toes and I hit myself in the face with the bag. I think that's a good sign.

krustykrakk
BSOS Beast

Post by krustykrakk » 12 Dec 2014 06:35

Cool! It sounds like you have a serious footbag problem, which is good? Yes. I am looking forward to reading more of yo shit
Benjamin J. Babyak

I kick, therefore I am.

Did ya look at it?

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 12 Dec 2014 21:00

I reckon 100 is enough to get into a good rhythm. Good that flip stuff is improving too.

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 14 Dec 2014 22:18

I had the worst sleep last night. I woke up with back aches. I got to the park and I drilled some ish. Once I started moving it felt a lot better.

I also switched up my lacing again. I am on the search for the best one. The toe box just wont stay open.The bag always gets caught on the sides and it is slowly aggravating the hell out of me. I'm considering cutting the fucking toe box haha. But seriously I am trying to find that lacing that doesn't pull up the toe, keeps the box open and holds tight the foot. Metzelrio's opened up the box nicely but I couldn't get it tight without pulling up on the toe. My original lacing didn't keep the toe box open. I tried Matt Cross's type without cutting the last lace hole out today. It was tight to my foot which was good but the toe box didn't open all the way. But it didn't close up at all while I was kicking. It did pull up on the toe though. It seems that if the slot was cut It may not pull up on it as much and I wouldn't have to worry about the box being too small. But I am not too sure I want to take that permanent leap yet.

So I drilled today. Super tired and slow for some reason. Nonetheless, there were highlights:

:arrow: 28x ss clippers left foot new PR (old: 26x)
:arrow: 46x alternating LO's new PR (old: 22x) -- Shattered my old record, 4 short of my goal

Other things that happened:
14x ss clippers right foot (PR: 16x)
16x Alternating orbit/ATW right foot (PR: 24x)
14X alternating orbit/ATW left foot (PR: 20x)

I also attempted some infinity stuff and alternating clippers. Nothing groundbreaking on these fronts. My shins were shot after this though. It was the reason I stopped kicking unfortunately. I feel the more I play on my toes the more my shins hurt. I think it's when I land and do quick hops while on my toes. I don't really know though. That's when it hurts the most. It also might have to do with the lacing pulling up the toe.

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 15 Dec 2014 03:22

I always had problems with lacing as well. On Quantums, I learned to ignore it, the toe box on those is massive and the walls are low. On Lavers, I gave up and cut the last lid out. I seriously doubt it has any negative effects.
If anything, you won't learn Pixie set using the walls, which would be bad. I've seen people do that.

Good records, don't forget Mirages and Legovers. :)
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 17 Dec 2014 01:35

Yeah, I cut the last lid off. I just couldn't deal. The first day without it was pretty nice. I can actually perform a flipside pixie. I actually think the pixie bronze badge is within reach now. I worked the hell out of my pixie's yesterday. I pretty much ignored everything else.

edit: I also started doing these calf roll things which are pretty fun

Highlights from yesterday:

--new moves:
:arrow: flipside magellan
:arrow: flipside pixie op pickup
:arrow: pixie ss mirage
:arrow: inside calf roll inside stall thing BS (idk what they are called)
:arrow: calf roll clipper thing SBS

--new links:
:arrow: flipside pixie LO > smear > magellan
:arrow: flipside smear > flipside pixie LO
:arrow: smear > pixie LO

I am pretty excited about this. I have been waiting for pixies to start connecting.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 17 Dec 2014 03:12

Magellan smear plo is a great link for learning further pixie stuff, especially if you can do it rpt.

How are your symp mirages? They could be a fun addition to what you are doing now.

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 17 Dec 2014 05:17

boyle: I always forget about symp mirage but I do use it from time to time. I will definitely try to add some of that in tomorrow.

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 18 Dec 2014 01:09

I had a very different kind of session today (very long - 3 hrs). I was working on osis and then I decided to freeze all my clippers for the day ( and clipper based moves). It was very interesting. It forced me to be on my toes for clippers and osis. And my legs are killing me now ha. In a good way. I was able to start doing more moves out of osis more consistent than previously possible. It's because I started trying the level 2 badge. On the first drill I couldn't even get one side down due to my atrocious osis. But I feel like I was productive. My right foot osis is still the most pathetic thing on the planet though. I did get a couple freezes out of it but not many.

I also did a little drilling of mirages and some more on pixies. They were ok. For some reason pixies are killing my shins. I think I need to slow them down.

I finally actively started looking for jobs. But I am not sure what is going to be available till after Christmas. I guess it doesn't hurt to look anyways.

Highlights:

:arrow: 8x mirage left and right side (PR maybe?)

new links:

:arrow: clipper>ss illusion BS
:arrow: osis>near mirage BS
:arrow: osis>paradox mirage BS

new moves:

:arrow: pixie symp mirage BS (first try on strong side werd)
:arrow: reverse wrap? BS (clipper to inside stall)

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 18 Dec 2014 02:29

christisgodlike wrote: :arrow: clipper>ss illusion BS
That's a cool link. Not many people do SS Illusions.

I'm pretty sure I beat you to the most pathetic Osis. :)

And, if you want a 'freeze' challenge, try freezing a Drifter. If you can freeze that for 3 seconds, you have some epic balance.
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 18 Dec 2014 05:34

christisgodlike wrote: clipper>ss illusion BS
Nice link. I believe these are called Bubba's.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 19 Dec 2014 01:28

Yeah it's a pretty fun trick.

add block: drifter freeze, 3 seconds -

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 22 Dec 2014 23:52

I had two session since my last post. I have taken a couple days off due to my sleeping issues. But now my sleeping schedule is back on track. there were some other things I forgot about. I don't feel like writing much so here it is

Highlights from both days:

:arrow: 3x far reverse whirl (PR) (is it paradox?)
:arrow: 2x B2B ducking clipper
:arrow: 2x b2b ducking legover

new links:

:arrow: flipside reverse whirl>Leg Over
:arrow: flipside reverse whirl>near Mirage
:arrow: flipside reverse whirl>osis
:arrow: reverse whirl>ducking clipper

there were some other things I forgot about. I don't feel like writing much so here it is

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 23 Dec 2014 05:38

Those are all great links. props
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges