Shaun's Footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Shaun
Fearless

Post by Shaun » 16 Jul 2004 19:49

$450 Canadian for only a 15 gig one. I might get a Mini Dsic I have found some nice ones on ebay brand new and are at a good price and include some extra stuff.

Shaun
Fearless

Post by Shaun » 17 Jul 2004 17:49

Not much of an update. But today I bought a pair of adidas shorts at about the length in thre middle of my knee and they are not baggy. And a white addidas shirt. All for $40 so that will be by shred wear.

Shaun
Fearless

Post by Shaun » 18 Jul 2004 18:39

Update. Well today has been awseome. Last night there was a crazy ass storm here. Lightning and rain like crazy. I shut off the computer and no longer then 3 mins later the transformer gets knocked out down the street. It flashrd a pretty green color. So we sat in the dark with a flash light from 12 till about 3. At about 2 they fixed it for like 3 secs and the fuse blew. So we sat there in boredom for a long time. So today I refilled my sandbag with pellets cause it was leaking like crazy. The pellets are really light and it took about 10 mins to get used to them. Stalls were a little tricky, but they feel stronger now. And I just ordered these bad boys 3 mins ago.

http://worldfootbag.com/catalog2/show/191

There gonna cost me $78 Canadian but thats not to bad. I am sending the money tommorow. I plan on removing the canvas and the toe box mod as soon as they get here. And I am gonna get some white laces for them and some insoles. I don't know what insoles to get yet. I was thinking some athletes ones or gel ones cause I like them. They might flatten out but if I can get gel ones for less then $10 if they last me 4 months or longer I would be happy.

Later,
Shaun.

Shaun
Fearless

Post by Shaun » 20 Jul 2004 15:34

Big update. Woke up at 10:30 so I wak out out of bed and come down the stairs and I am only one step down and my little brother looks at me from the bottom of the stairs and says your footbag came. So I run the rest of the way down the stairs and head straight for the table. I see the little box and rip it open. And there it sits a new J Bag. Purple and gold colour combo. I bought it from Casey (shagster) on the forums. He had it for about 2 days and didn't really like it. It was the one he won in the guess a number contest. So I bought it off of him for $25 american including shipping. I already had $11 american at home so I just needed $14 more. So basically I got the bag for $20 canadian. Which is good for a bag that wasn't used, and was basically broken in. I love the feel of the bag so soft. The filler is kinda light but I am sure I will get used to it. I might add some bb's to it. I have been hand rubbing at lot today just to make it really choice. And its working good. I think I might wash it tonight and roll it in a fabric softner sheet.

So for the session today. I just schooled alternating toe stalls. And just messed with getting used to the bag. It was fun stalls and sets feel really nice with this bag.

Now since the computer is not in my room anymore. And is downstairs where it runs alot better. I just have my bed and a dresser in my room with a tv on it. And my room is a fairly good size. So I have a space in my room that is about 10 feet wide,if not wider. And probbably about 6-7 feet in length. Which makes for an awseome shred spot. Espically in the winter. So I just set up a nice portable stero in there on a little end table. And I really like the are.

So if anyone knows what filler are in J-Bags please reply to this. Also if you want to comment on anything feel free to do so. Also one last thing. I can't wait till I get my red mesh lavers in about 2 weeks.

Later,
Shaun

Shaun
Fearless

Post by Shaun » 20 Jul 2004 15:34

I'll make another post later with bag pictures.

Shaun
Fearless

Post by Shaun » 20 Jul 2004 18:25

Well,first ime washing a bag went well. I put some water some aquarium jems and some shampoo into a jar and shook. I did this 3 times in bewteen each time I drained the water out. The bag was really wet. So I put it in a pillow case and put it in the dryer on cool dry. I did that for 40 mintues and it was still somewhat wet. So now I have it sitting next to me with a fan blowing on it.

I was thinking it is amazing how far you can go in life with footbaging. I mean look at the top 3 Czech players are Vasek,Honza,and Ales. This guys are really good at the sport. I mean with some talent, you can get to travel the world. I mean look in only two weeks. Those 3 guys will travel to Copehnagen for Euros. And then to Montreal for Worlds. I mean that would be awseome to experince, and you got to visit all these places for kicking a bag around and being really really good at it. So in conclusion I think that kicking a bag around can get you to places you may have never been before.

http://camroseskateboarding.250free.com ... d_0001.jpg
http://camroseskateboarding.250free.com ... d_0002.jpg
http://camroseskateboarding.250free.com ... d_0003.jpg
http://camroseskateboarding.250free.com ... d_0004.jpg

The colours look a little dark in the pics cause it is still wet. But they are basically those colours. Gold and Purple. Yummm

Shaun
Fearless

Post by Shaun » 21 Jul 2004 11:38

Well,just had an hour shred. It was good worked toe stalls and atws the whole time. I got about 20 toe stalls on my strongsider. Alternating ones were pretty good to. I nailed in atw>in atw>in atw> in atw. Which felt slick. The hit out atw>in atw>out atw>in atw>out atw and I dropped it on the next in. Also my flipside toe sets seems to be going in front of me. Like I will set the bag and it goes out in front of me. Or when I set it my knee sticks out and the bag hits it. Any tips on helping fix that problem? So todays sesh was great. Two fans running,window open with a breeze for once. But even the breeze didn't help that much. Still sweated like a pig. Had good music on, last night I burnt two daft punk cd's and they have some really good music to shred to. I had the trusty 2 little pop bottle filled with water on the side.

As far as the J bag is coming along. Its working awseome seems like toe stalls are easier with a 32 then a sandbag. I don't think I will switch back to a sandbag again. I was breaking it in for 2 hours before I went to bed last night while I was watch t.v. And that helped it alot,its getting really soft. Still has some roll off but nothing another 2 hours of break in shouldnt fix or more. I decided that even though my shred are inside. I am still going to wash the bag once a week. Just so that it doesn't get fuzz and other shit stuck in it from the carpet.

Also I am gonna try and have a 2 hour session every second day. I wanna have it to be atleast 2 hours just so I can school stuff like crazy.

Also if you wanna comment on anything or give me tips on stuff. It would be much appreciated.

Later,
Shaun.

Post by Guest » 21 Jul 2004 13:25

All Ican say to help with your setting problem is to try and make both sides look exactly the same. If your right toe set has no problems, imitate the way you do it on your right, with your left.

Shaun
Fearless

Post by Shaun » 21 Jul 2004 14:29

Alright,I will try that on Friday.So yah after the argument me and Linksys had.I feel like such a fucking ass I just might leave the forums.

Shaun
Fearless

Post by Shaun » 24 Jul 2004 12:18

Ok,so on Friday I decided to have a shred. So 10 mintues in and my back is just in pain like crazy. I have no idea what I did to iretate it. So then today I decide to try have a session. Well another 10 mins in and my back is acting up again. Just as I am getting close to flipside pickups. So I stopped and just left. I strectedh my back out alot for about 5 minutes or more before the shred. i think i might need to stretch it longer. Also my hamstrings seem to be extremely stiff. So if anyone has some good stretches I could try out please post them. I think I might need to take a few days off and start stretching for about 15-20 minutes before shredding.

Later,
Shaun.

Shaun
Fearless

Post by Shaun » 24 Jul 2004 18:41

Well. I decided to give a try at another session. So I stretched alot for about 20 mins,mainly focusing on my back and hamstrings. They loosened up really well. So I went outside,and swept out the side of the garage that was empty from the car not being there. I have to watch my little brother while my parents are at a party. So I cleaned it all up nice,pulled out the portable stero and extension card and got to it. I warmed up for about 15 mins and right away I could tell that the stretching helped alot. So that was all good.

Shred Length - 1 hour and 30 mintues.
Warmup - Basic kicks and toe stalls,consecutives and alternating.
Main shred - Legovers,flipside legovers,flipside pickups.
Highlights - Got close to all three of the above listed moves atleast 10 times. As in the bag just rolled off the delay or bounced off. So I hope with in a week I can have those down.

I just washed my bag cause it got majorly dirty. Now its drying,so I think now that I am gonna try and stretch for atleast 30 mintues a day. Wether or not I shred just so I can build up my flexibility.

Later,
Shaun

Shaun
Fearless

Post by Shaun » 06 Aug 2004 18:33

First update in awhile for me. I havent shreded in over a week. But yesterday we went out shopping and I got an awseome new portable stero. Its not a dinky thing its big and its loud. Plus I can connect it via usb to my pc and stream mp3's. To bad I didn't have a laptop to take with me when I go shred.

I also got some new school clothes yesterday. T-shirts and some new jeans. I got a pair of black faded jeans that are really nice. But they are kinda a tight pant and they are like low rise to and there men's. I really have to go and buy the studded belt I want so the damn pants don't fall off. Also got new athletes insoles, 1000 metal bb's and a big bottle of shoe goo.

Then this morning, I wake up and come downstairs and my mom said my package came. So I ripped down the stairs and to the table. I asked my mom if there was a border crossing fee and she said no which was good. So I rip open the package and there sits my lovely red mesh lavers. No longer then 5 mintues of having them I was already modding. Took out the insoles and cut the stitching (city by Camrose) to look for a new hot water tank for our trailer. She said if I find out you used the kettle that I would be in shit. Now I was thinking she might take away the lavers and my stero cause when I got the stero she said that if I mouth off or anything stupid it gets taken away. So I decided to just use an exacto knife and cut. So on the first side I pierced the mesh a few times, just small ones and nothing some shoe goo don't fix. So I go to do the other side and I was cutting and didnt notice I was cutting into mesh. It was about a inch longer horizontal hole. I am happy I didn't keep cuting. So I put some shoe goo one it and stitched it up a bit. I am gonna finish stitching it up real good later tonight. And I finshed the toe and one other side on the other shoe. I just have half a side and a toe to finish and then there done. I am gonna try to finish them tonight cause if I dont I wont get any shred in tommorow cause I am going to my grandparents for one day. So I hope if I finish them tonight I can shred tommorow.

I also added some bb's to make my j bag heavier. I like it alot more now. I think I am going to get a medium size heavy weight Lonn bag. I am stuck bewteen two colour combos. Blue main yellow second and yellow main orange second. Which should I get?

Also one of best friends moved to kentucky last summer and hes back in Calgary now. So he should be coming down on Monday to Friday. And then the week after I might be going for a week to my uncles to work 8 hours a day for 5 days and make $250. So I don't know how much time I am gonna have to shred or be on the forums.

Later,
Shaun

Shaun
Fearless

Post by Shaun » 13 Aug 2004 19:56

First update it along time. Well since I have got my lavers I have had only had two shreds counting todays shred. So today I managed to foot legover>legover. Illusions are getting closer. Clippers are so far off I can only crank my ankle to about a 65 degree ankle in the xbd position. I have been practicing inside stalls alot. I try wraps but as soon as I go to wrap the bag behind my leg my foot tilts and the bag eather falls or if I get it around I cant send it back up straight. Today I got a money order for a mini abshire. Olive green is gonna be the main colour with yellow as the seonc colour. Most of you are thinking why is this guy that is still learning basics getting annother 32. Cause I like how they set and stall and I have extra cash to burn. Not gonna be around till about next sunday,. Going to work at uncles farm, should make about $200 Canadian atleast. The going camping. So I don't know how much shred I will get in. Hopefully I can get atleast 30 mins a day in for the next week.

Later,
Shaun

Shaun
Fearless

Post by Shaun » 13 Aug 2004 19:59

Yah, no edit button. So also my damn bag keeps loosing some of its filler cause it has some bb's in it. So like after every session It loses weigh. Its from the space bewteen the hexagons.

Shaun
Fearless

Post by Shaun » 24 Aug 2004 19:07

No update in awhile. Worked at uncles farm for a week and made $200, which was nice. Didn't get in any shred for a week which sucks. So now my stamina is low, cause the work was damn hard.

Shred today was good, legovers on strongside are at 90%. Just need to work on better catches and delaying it less. I can dex them fine now, and the bag usually either bounces off my shoe or rolls off. Or its lame and misses the shoe all together. Flip ones are at about 80%. Footed legover>flip pickup. My flip atw's are getting better. I can dex them fine in to out, out to in sucks. I think I will do some dexercising tommorow. I have been schooling inside stalls like crazy so I can get clippers down good. My right insides are like 98%. I can crank to pretty much a flat 90. My left inside I can crank to about an 85, but my heel pushes out to the right so like my toe puses back to the left. So my foot is angeled when it is sideways. So that doesn't help at all, so they are supper weak, I need to drill them for atleast a good 30 mins to hopefully get them to about 50%.

Just found out that no friday I am going to my cousins for a night, then going to my mom's cousins for Saturday and Sunday morning. She hasn't seen them in like 5 months. So I should be able to get atleast one or two shreds in that week. Here cousins live on a farm, but have a huge empty machine shed, that is really nice and cool inside. So I think I will spend a few hours for sure shreding in there. They also have quads which equals fun. Gonna see if I can beat my record of 10 doughnuts in a row on grass.

I love my insoles in my lavers I never get pains in my lower back. Because they have some like supper ari pocket or some doo dad. I had to trim where the arc is cause it would stick out. So now It is basically dead flat with the insole of the shoe. So when the bag lands, it usually stays unless your foot isn't stright. Feels weird against the arc of your foot, but oh well.

If anyone has any good hip/groin stretches please post them. I need help now with them, getting slight pains in those areas. And now my hamstrings and lower back seem to be fine from regular stretching so that is good. Also some ankle stretches would be good to, I got one from Joe Kulacz(sp?) that works really good, but I could use some more. His one is really good to, its an easy one you can do in school while sitting, so I am defiantely going to use it alot in school. Start school next wednesday :x

Later,
Shaun

Shaun
Fearless

Post by Shaun » 09 Sep 2004 19:20

First update in long time. Have been shredding alot lately. My mirages are really close on my strong side. My in atw's were on lock today, hitthing them like nothing. My legovers need more work I need to work alot on the catch. My flipside needs a fare ammount of work to. A really good friend of mine is also considering buying one of the combo kits from wfa. So that is awseome I am so happy to have someone to shred with. And he has been progressing really fast, legover and in atw in 4 days. He just need to catch the delay, but he has a dance and soccer background so he has good stamina and flexibility.

Shaun
Fearless

Post by Shaun » 13 Sep 2004 19:02

Ok,well been shredding alteast an hour for like everyday for like a week, which is good. So My in atws are basically like 95%, legovers are really good now like 90%. Hit my first illusion on strong side, since then hit it about 5 times. Hit my first mirage strong side, but still having lots of trouble with them. I need to start working my clipper alot more. I need to start working flipside stuff harder now.

My best friend (sounds weird) Has been shredding with me alot lately. Today in 2 hours of shred he hit mirage 5 times, illusion 3 times, flying butterfly like 5 times, 1 legover, 1 ss muted mirage, 3 flying toe whirl's. He is progressing crazy fast in like high tops and some kinda of track shoe he usues. Hes going to probbably buy some better shoes this week.

Richie said my mini should be here anyday now. Also if I get my paycheck this week I am order TCL.

Later,
Shaun.

Shaun
Fearless

Post by Shaun » 15 Sep 2004 19:02

Well,I had a feeling today was gonna be the day the bag came. I get off the bus walk home and open the door and there it lays a brown envelope on the table. Quick kick off shoes and drop backpack. Run to table,rip open envelope and look inside and see a little green and yellow ball inside. I roll it out and to my surpirse it was really small. I thought it was gonna be farily small since it being a mini, but I was like "holy crap its small" So I start rolling it in my hands and stuff getting the feel for it and it feels nice and spongy.

So for the shred today I only used the mini. And boy did it help, dexes were so effortless. Illusions and mirages were cleared easier then ever. I started to try plo about 10 mins before I left. And after about 2 mins every try after that I basically just missed the catch on the legover. So I should have that hit a few times by weeks end. Here are some abshire pics.

http://camroseskateboarding.250free.com ... d_0001.jpg
http://camroseskateboarding.250free.com ... d_0002.jpg
http://camroseskateboarding.250free.com/dfsfds.jpg

Shaun
Fearless

Post by Shaun » 20 Sep 2004 17:40

Alright,I have had the mini for less then a week and it is about 50%broken in. So I am pleased with that. I did the eyelet mod, i cut the bottom two off and laced them normally. My dexes feel way faster with tight shoes, it will take a few shred to get used to it.

Shreded for like 2 hours today, I just messed around and had plo on my foot it like stalled for 5 seconds then rolled off. So I was pleased. My friend Paul, was bustin atw's both ways and illusions like he had been shredding for months,and he has only been for like 2 weeks. So tommrow I get out at noon so I am gonna shred for the afternoon.

I am deciding if I should do the broka mod, give me response.

Later,
Shaun.

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 20 Sep 2004 19:01

don't bother.
A.G.