Muffinman

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 25 Sep 2004 11:31

woot, ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!! any way, erik i want to play today... do you want to play today?
A.G.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 27 Sep 2004 16:48

Wow! Great to see you playing again Erik! Really liked the Mobii. Lately I`ve been toying around with a real similar style of spinning clippers and ducking clippers, but not quite as smooth as yours yet. Great inspiration.

One last thing: did anybody else feel nervous seeing Erik play so close to the stairs? I kept thinking you were going to go for some Street moves.

MegaFighter_X
Post Master General

Post by MegaFighter_X » 27 Sep 2004 22:25

Chan, you're making a good recovery. I can't wait to see you back up at full... You're doing really good now... Peace.
John D

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 30 Sep 2004 18:05

http://www.hackrifice.com/marita/chan-recovering04.wmv

I don't feel like I have been healing at all within the past few weeks (since I started actually playing again). At the same time it doesn't hurt to play. I stopped adding weight to my exercises at the point where I couldn't find anymore room on my ankle to attach STUFF. Today I went downstairs and grabbed some weights to put in a bag. So I've upped my weight resistance. I'm lifting about 10-12 lbs, I think. I may add another 3-6 by tomorrow, probably 3 at least.

Oh, I also had a session with Andrew a few days ago. That was neat, but I pushed myself too hard. I probably went too hard again today. I was trying for too many dlos and blurriest beesauce which I stopped doing because it started to hurt a bit. I've lost so many things. I can't do basic torques -- I never had them consistant, but BLECH! DLO's were my thing and I always drop when I try to hit them (granted I shouldn't be trying to do them...) Umm, yeah. That's basically it. I started working on that DVD I'm going to make. I will probably post Derek's section sometime soon. I've also lost my editing skills. Haha. I think it's mostly because I don't have the right kind of footage, though. Too much shred and not enough everything else. 75% of the days I filmed Andrew and Derek were both having bad days, too. BLECH.

I just iced and I am going to eat something and then do some more exercises and stretches while I watch the Gilmore Girls (my girlfriend got me hooked!!!)

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 30 Sep 2004 19:01

OMG!!! Eric, I watch Gilmore Girls with my GF too. I dont know if Im proud of it . . . but at least I admit it. Its not too bad either.
My name: Jeremy Mirken, AKA Chocolatey Shatner, AKA jerk enemy rim.

I kick it with trunk chef elf and liz luck key my.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 01 Oct 2004 00:19

Tom Mosher just phoned me. We talked for, like, over an hour. Tom is such a cool guy!!! He's SOOO stoked about footbag and it made me really really happy talking to somebody so into the sport. I haven't experienced this since Andrew started playing. I'm so bloody tired but that was really fun. Thanks Tom!

EDIT: If anybody else ever has an urge to call me my number is 1-(204)-952-5446 :)

Spadrick
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Spadrick » 01 Oct 2004 12:05

1) It's great to hear that your getting better Erik. I knew that you would persevere!
2) Tom IS an awesome guy! He was one of the very first shredders I met at worlds, and I have said it before and I will say it again, he has this aura around him that eminates excitement, kindness and fun.
3) I would call you and chat about footbag, but long distance charges definately apply, and my parents front the bill :(

Cant wait to see some new video from you and Hackrifice!
:D
Adam Dexter

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 06 Oct 2004 18:35

I can't remember ever being this excited!!!! I have so much to say and yet nothing to say YET. I have butterflies in my stomach and my heart is beating really really fast. This is going to be the best birthday EVER :D

Posi-Cole
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Posi-Cole » 06 Oct 2004 20:07

My gracious you are smooth.

Your style is so slick... Good luck with the recovery Chan.
Cole Hobson

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 06 Oct 2004 21:35

hush hush. erik and i are on the same flight tomorrow, weird eh? however his flight ends in toronto, and i still have another 6 hours to go after that...
A.G.

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 07 Oct 2004 00:39

The same plane??

that is amazing!

I am SO excited for both of you! You have such different journies ahead of you but both feature shred and honestly, isn't that what matters most?

Oh yeah and chan, you're having your birthday and seeing your lady.

I can't wait!

Erik, that number you posted - is that the best way to contact you when I finally get to Oakville?
Also, is a saturday morning around 10 AM meeting time for a patent-pending tom mosher early-start sesh at Union Station cool with you? I believe the Brantfordians said they could arrive around then.

I hope you read this before you go!

Woo Hooooo!!! :D
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 07 Oct 2004 06:39

Yes that's my number. I was charging last night and some people tried to call me and I may charge from time to time over the weekend, but if you can't reach me you could try Andrew if you have his number. Maybe I will just leave my phone on when I charge.
Yeah. I'm leaving for the airport in a few minutes and I'm going to fly with Andrew Grant! Maybe he can even hang out with Andrew, Paul and me before his transfer? I'm putting on my brown dress socks and lavers right now!

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 11 Oct 2004 18:09

chan wrote:I was charging last night and some people tried to call me...
That somebody was ELI PILTZ!!!!!!! Eli and Caro bussed out from Montreal to meet me!! It was supposed to be a secret so I couldn't say anything before -- I'm not really sure why, though. Matt Cross almost came out, too! He called me and I think he drove an hour or two from Rochester before he was called back for a wedding he had to attend. I met the Brantford crew! Johnny Suderman! Adam Dexter, Jarrett, Adam, Jon Haber from Guelph, Tom Mosher
(I'm pretty sure I'm missing somebody from Brantford -- I just can't remember who, though...) I saw Paul Toews again and I met Andrew and Camille. They were soooo nice and hospitable!!!!! I also met some of the other Torontonians -- Billy and Joyce and...I feel like I'm forgetting someone else again. It was just REALLY REALLY cool and everybody seemed excited to meet me!!
Eli gave me a Flipsider shirt that I will sport in the next video I make (which will be a while as I played too hard and I'm hurting a lot!).
It was just the best weekend of my life and I loved seeing my girlfriend. It was really really amazing!!!!!
I will write a whole long diary entry but it will be really personal so I thought I would jot a little something here as a warmup. I'm off to play cards with my brothers for Thanksgiving though! Happy Canadian Thanksgiving and Erik Chan's birthday to everyone! :)
AND THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR MAKING IT THE BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!!!!!
THANKS AGAIN TO ANDREW AND ESPECIALLY CAMILLE FOR LETTING ME CRASH AT HER MOM'S PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spadrick
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Spadrick » 13 Oct 2004 04:28

w00t!

Erik, you rock.
HB Man. I hope we can get together and shred again soon!
Adam Dexter

canadian girl
Shredalicious

Post by canadian girl » 13 Oct 2004 06:22

hmmmm, what does HB mean?
Marita Obst

Colin
Flower Child

Post by Colin » 13 Oct 2004 15:52

My guess would be happy birthday.

:)

Happy Birthday Eric. Sounds like it was a good one.
Colin Kennedy
ckennedy@footbag.org

Spadrick
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Spadrick » 13 Oct 2004 19:16

Newf wrote:My guess would be happy birthday.
Good Guess!
Adam Dexter

HooD
HoodluM

Post by HooD » 13 Oct 2004 19:27

Chan, great job on the last string in your video. You're looking solid for injured status. Gives me hope we will one day play !
More C4 please <3

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 15 Oct 2004 15:01

WEAK! I did that whole one-sided paradox mirage thing in this video and I didn't even notice. I gotta clean that up. I also tried to do double pickups in tribute to Eli, but they hurt so I tried barrages but they were the then I realize that backside blur doesn't hurt -- cool! I'm hurting a lot from the double pickups, though :(
Eli gave me this shirt for my birthday! Matt Cross sent me an anklet and CD that arrived today but I forgot to film it even though I was wearing it and I was holding my cellphone throughout the whole session while playing in an area about a metre squared or smaller :)

http://www.hackrifice.com/marita/chan-recovering05.wmv

Now I have to FINALLY get some work on these bloody paintings I have due on Monday (school is sucking...). I also wanted to point out how I really liked that everyone from last weekend mentioned me and Marita as a collective -- that was really sweet. Oh yeah and Marita bought all the food and it was completely her idea, too, I just helped carry and eat.

EDIT: I also wanted to note my bothsided cellphone holding!
EDIT 2: About a year ago I hit smog and blurry whirl both sides while talking to Marita on the phone...

Atom
Multidex Master

Post by Atom » 16 Oct 2004 08:37

wow..nice vid....it's almost as good as watching your shred in TO...except not quite, now I can make you back up and do it again, TWICE! that floor looks quite slippery..makes it look like a moonwalk when you get off balance a bit. and I like the reality of the vid as someone comes home...

P.S. Nice Shirt!!! :P
Adam Czarnata
-Parkin cars on footbags since '04