Mosher's Footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
brian relly
fan-tas-tic

Post by brian relly » 19 Feb 2009 12:37

that ledge is sicky gnar gnar bro!

props 4 talking to juliet... i read that girl's blog, she's too cool.

let me know if you end up swinging through denver i have crash space and a hookup or two ;)

i'm thinking i want to build a trick track bike at some point this year, probably when i get back from my cross-country bicycle trip :P
esteban barnez
myspace.com/rawcakes
david wrote:I was just sitting here surfing and my mom looks over my shoulder. I had to jab down the down key real quick so she wouldn't see that topic title and question me about what kind of site I was going on.

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 06 Mar 2009 17:17

Thanks for posting that Stephen Barnes One Shot Challenge!

For those that don't know, the picture is of me grinding a very very world famous skate spot in SF. That pic got posted EEEEEEVERYWHERE in the fixed gear world and it even generated some crazy hate in the BMX world. It's basically the biggest thing a fixed gear has done yet, whee!

And yeah, I totally talk to Juliet, I'm bummed if I don't get my daily email from her! :wink:

Sorry I totally haven't posted in here in forever. I've been up to A LOT though.

I haven't had a real footbag session on this whole trip though. I've like, drunkenly shown people footbag eight million times, but that's not the same, you know what I mean.

I've been pretty actively posting updates of my trip on my Cogblog (equiv to this but on my fixed gear forum) if you really want to know what I've been up to. Oh yeah, and the forum itself has blown up!! We went legit and bought a domain and stuff and it's become a really sweet and useful resource in a really short time!

http://www.tricktrack.org

I still always ALWAYS have a footbag in my pocket, fear not!

I got to surf yesterday!!!!!!! YEAH! woo! SURFING! haha

When I get home (in about a week!) I will be starting up this great new job and finally making big boy money and having a rhythm to my life so I can really make some progress on fronts that are lacking.

Regular footbag sessions will be integrated into the schedule!

Sigh, I bet everyone thinks I don't care about footbag anymore and assumes I'll be one of those guys that just disappears. Anyone with those ideas has severly underestimated me!

I am doing my best to make it to worlds and I intend on having a mean ass routine to boot!
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

footbagi
BSOS Beast

Post by footbagi » 06 Mar 2009 17:39

Hey Tom. I recognize that skate-spot from tons of skate videos I watched growing up. It's really awe inspiring.

Please don't let footbag hinder your growth and development for fear of what footbag players may think. You've done wonders for this sport. Let's focus on the positive here friend.

Stop boozin though man. You once told me this. Now I return the favor. 8O
If your going to be reppin the bag then REP IT! :wink:
First think about how to practice or don't bother practicing.

John Bagi

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 21 Mar 2009 12:16

Well, I'm back from my epic month long trip. I got to meet so many cool people and see so many new things, I love perspective!

I even got to have a sweet shred in Portland with Nick Landes, Red Husted and Chase Card Burns! It was really fun and I was so happy to get in a shred after the long hiatus. Also, I was glad to be putting my lavers to use, otherwise I brought them on the trip for nothing!

I got probably the best footbag compliment of my career, Red described my style as Vasek-eque from a few years ago, which thrills me because that's when I think footbag was done the best. Also, he said that at World's 2007 I got an honorable mention for BAP vote!! YEAH!! whee! Close enough!!

I don't remember hitting anything very good, but it just felt so good to play. Nick's shred is so incredible and inspiring, he wasn't too stoked on what he was hitting but it still all blew me away. Maybe he doesn't fully appreciate how unique and interesting and beautiful his shred is. Him and Johnny have my favourite shred styles in the world, and they're both so damn humble!

I also played a bunch of games of chess with Red, I had him on the ropes once too! It was really fun, I can't wait to start playing more chess, I am stoked that I liked it so much, I always wanted to like chess.

It was a really nice shred to tack on to the end of my trip, I had already been away for a month and so it was nice to have a slice of familiar hanging out with some footbag buddies.

Thanks for having me over!! :D

I think I'm gonna make a footbag video soon...
Tom Mosher

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 23 Mar 2009 06:22

Welcome back.....sounds like a sweet time!

So when are you moving to T.O? :wink:
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 28 Apr 2009 08:31

Man, things have been super hectic. My new job is awesome, I'm finally making good money and busting my ass.

I will be going to world's! yay!

I'm gonna be buying some new lavers, leaving the sidewalls on and starting the next phase of my footbag life.

I'm also gonna stitch some juicier bags than I've been making in the past, yeah, that'll be sweet.

I think all the people complaining about modified sucking now need to stfu, the part I like least about modified is the people complaining about it.
Tom Mosher

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 28 Apr 2009 12:52

It sucks that you live an hour away from me now, but if you have Sunday's as your day off, or have energy Saturday night's we could make something work.

On the other hand, it is AWESOME that you have money! Kablooie! I'm sure you're going to enjoy a lifestyle of complete frothy quality with a steady, well paying income...

It's going to rock with you coming to Berlin. I imagine your "Tom" fields are just magnified by some amount when you're there.
Jay Boychuk

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 04 Jul 2009 20:47

Lots of life has been going on. My whole shit got flipped upside down as I lost my job and that meant I had to move because I lived with my boss, eep!

Anyways, it's for the best because I wasn't happy with the life I was living.

Looks like I basically get to pick what's next for myself, I thought it was gonna be Toronto but after a GREAT trip to NYC recently I basically decided to aim my life there for the next while. It's pretty easy to pull off because I have a dual citizenship, a $1 ticket to NYC (seriously!!) a GF there, hella contacts and work ready to go. Why the FUCK would I ever turn that down??

Oh yeah, so footbag!

I played yesterday with Liam and it was SO fun! haha footbag is always fun. I can still totally go guiltless and probably have the best form of my life so I'm stoked. It's funny, it's as though I can only remember the right way to do things and I've forgotten all my bad form stuff. I can't even remember what was my strong or weak side on the handful of tricks I had a favored side on, amazing!

I'm gonna stitch some more too, (905)shred is running out of Moshers so I better stock us up! Liam has been playing everyday, as if!

Fuck, it's unbelievably crushing that I can't afford to get to world's anymore. It's so huge that I don't even want to let myself feel the emotions I should really be feeling because they'd hurt really bad. Sigh, I guess you don't get everything you want in life eh?

haha my only hope right now is Steve Goldberg deciding that it's worth it to fly me out because I'd make the event so much better. :P

I am gonna be playing a lot more footbag wherever I am living, it just feels so fucking good. I need some new lavers or maybe those new abshire shoes? are they good? haha I am so out of touch!!!

I miss you footbag, I hope you still love me back!
Tom Mosher

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 06 Jul 2009 07:23

Dang! I'm bummed that you won't make it.

Other than that I'm glad that the future looks bright for you Master Mosher.

See you soon I hope.

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 06 Jul 2009 11:35

I'm so stoked, nervous and excited at the same time. Tomtom in NYC!!! 8O I never dreamed the day would come. It's like when Vasek did clipper drills with a can of Pepsi, except this is FAR MORE SEXIER.
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 06 Jul 2009 17:24

That's the best news I've heard in days or maybe weeks. NYFA has open arms Tom come to us we would love to have you.
Drew Martin

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 10 Jul 2009 18:25

Tom, I had a dream about our first meeting in NYC! 8O
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 02 Aug 2009 16:59

I just played footbag solo and it was really fun!

I filmed, I think I'll make a little video just to prove I still exist. :)
Tom Mosher

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 02 Aug 2009 17:53

Missed you at Worlds. Where you living at now? Still planning on NYC? Lemme know if you visit there sometime, I'll try and come up.

Glad to hear you're kicking butt, even if it's at non-footbag endeavors.

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 02 Aug 2009 19:08

Tommy M,

I thought about you on more than one occasion at Worlds this year. Wish you could've been there. I hope that we get to meet up next year!

PLEASE post some footage of you. I would love to see it.
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 03 Aug 2009 08:16

Tom Mosher

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 03 Aug 2009 08:22

don't you love it when you get better by not playing?

style looks great buddy! you've still got the best barflies!
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 03 Aug 2009 10:12

Nice video Mosh!

Hope to kick soon. :D

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 06 Aug 2009 12:23

I played yesterday again and it felt great!

I had an idea mid-shred... maybe a good new goal would be to aim to get better than I ever was before. I'd like to aspire to that!

I need new shoes though! Are those abshire ones good?

Also, I have a job starting in September which will hopefully be my golden ticket, yay!

Until then I am gonna be stitching as many bags as I can, holla at me if you want a mosher!

I'm gonna go get on the two orders I have, whee! 8)

Oh, and I'm gonna play footbag today too! Where did this come from!?
Tom Mosher

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 06 Aug 2009 12:24

I want a new page. :P
Tom Mosher