Mosher's Footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
MegaFighter_X
Post Master General

Post by MegaFighter_X » 31 Oct 2004 21:38

C-Fan wrote:
mosher wrote::

I got her real number from her.

I was pretty far off. :) I guessed 37378 and it was really 37574.
The!
LMAO!

I don't think that could have been better called. :lol:

Good job on finding her again though.
John D

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 02 Nov 2004 06:05

Yes! Five damn pages of my filth!

Ok here's an update on that girl sitch:
She never called back - fuck her.

Matt Cross came to visit me!!! AHH!! YAY!

He came up on Saturday (and made excellent time) and the fun commenced.

We met up with Jared to play some footbag. Jared had been super anti using special shoes and then at one point he caved and went for it. Jared wound up shredding in my Lavers for the rest of the sesh. I think he's hooked on footbag now.

Matt is really really really good at footbag. He had some ridiculous strings, like.. fucking ridiculous. Each one was about eight hours long and totally unique and both sided. I aspire to play as wicked as him one day. I really like the way he spins too. I told him that it is Peter Irish-esque in how he sets>spins like crazy>spots>ends in whatever.

I kept talking to matt while he was shredding and he hated it. I am stupid and forgetful and I would do this over and over ruining his concentration and thus his string and I would get an earfull (deservedly) each time and then feel like a tool all over again.

Sigh, I am an idiot.

I didn't play very well and it was frustrating at times. I think I had only a couple strings that actually felt good. I was playing really inconsistently and simple toe-toe three's were being a bitch. like.. fucking smear>plo rpt was almost impossible. I need to drill. Also I found my strings predictable and boringly uncreative.

I hit ripwalk>blurry whirl midstring though making that my first ever midstring fiver.

I hate that it takes me around an hour to get warm. It is frustrating because I *can't* get warm in a circle, not even a small one of three people. I suck ass at footbag until I am drenched in sweat, what a pain!

I didn't smoke ANY weed yesterday.

I ate 4.5 grams of mushrooms at 10:30 PM. What a stupid fucking idea. I ate them, chilled out for a bit and then went and had a shower. I took them on an empty stomache stupidly and my tummy didn't like it. Mid-shower I hopped out and had to puke in the toilet. What a waste of money. I puked out most of the mushrooms but not all of them which became clear as I tried to fall asleep. It was fucking impossible. I just wanted to sleep and have the night be over with but I couldn't. While laying there I remembered I hadn't really eaten that day so I went and got some cereal and ginger ale and tried the sleep thing again which gladly worked out in my favor.

Today is the first day of this semester that I won't waste.

I was a HUGE dumbass stoner during the preceeding weeks, I have alot of catching up to do in my classes, I am tired of feeling guilty, I want to excel!

Yesterday I was pretty depressed, I think I can attribute that to the lack of weed in my system, I am anticipating that happening today and for the next few days. These sort of things are to be expected any time you change the chemicals you input, my body is used to operating with THC in me.

I can do this I can do this I can do this.

ps. I can't fucking believe how that Megan shit turned out. ugh.
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 02 Nov 2004 07:23

I ate 4.5 grams of mushrooms at 10:30 PM. What a stupid fucking idea. I ate them, chilled out for a bit and then went and had a shower. I took them on an empty stomache stupidly and my tummy didn't like it. Mid-shower I hopped out and had to puke in the toilet. What a waste of money. I puked out most of the mushrooms but not all of them which became clear as I tried to fall asleep. It was fucking impossible. I just wanted to sleep and have the night be over with but I couldn't. While laying there I remembered I hadn't really eaten that day so I went and got some cereal and ginger ale and tried the sleep thing again which gladly worked out in my favor.
ya dude ya got to eat a philly cheese steak or something with shrooms, if you dont have any food in your body is hard to consume more then half a 8th. so any time you eat more then a 8th you really should eat a meal before hand... i have had that happen to me, what a waste of 50 bucks right !!

im really glad to read that your clean, i didnt smoke any opium at all to day, and dont plan to... only becouse i dont have it and i spent my weeks money on a bag last night. Ugh i get the depresion thing to and intense feeling of BOREDUM like what im feeling in school right now. but thanks for chimecaly explaneing why it happends ;)

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 02 Nov 2004 19:48

hey mosh. shitty about the girl thing not working out. i just had that happen, but to the next level a few eeks ago. it's shitty, but another and better one will always come around. more fish in the sea my friend, more fish in the sea!
A.G.

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 06 Nov 2004 01:58

I have a new bitch I want to fuck. I'll tackle that ayy sap.

It is almost five AM, ryan thomass made me stay up all night talking about footbag.

I am about to go to bed, I will update thoroughly tomorrow, I just wanted to mention something.

I was chatting with Felix "stone cold" Zenger tonight (hahaha, yes, I am namedropping) and we got onto the topic of fairies and so I offered to send him a short clip of one of mine. I started sending him the clip and then he went on to say how much he hates thin-style fairies and i started to get so scared that he was going to rip mine apart. I must have watched the clip 20- 30 times while it was transferring trying to figure out if it was deep or not. Anywho, check this out:

Felix says:
Flawless!

Woo hoo!! He asked if I wanted honest critique and that was what he gave me. Phew!!

I am off to bed, big update soon.
Tom Mosher

Ogden 09/04
BSOS Beast

good work tom

Post by Ogden 09/04 » 06 Nov 2004 05:36

hey tom, good luck with the girl ,and good job with the fairies

Posi-Cole
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Posi-Cole » 06 Nov 2004 07:26

mosher wrote:I hit ripwalk>blurry whirl midstring though making that my first ever midstring fiver.
You saying you've never hit blurry whirl midstring before? I know for a fact you have ... Worlds 2004, Parc Jean Mance (spelling?) you hit a sweet like 5 contact run that I can't remember exactly, but I'm 99% sure it had a blurry whirl in the middle.

WOO!
Cole Hobson

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 06 Nov 2004 15:59

THe only blurry whirl I hit at world's was a three trick combo ENDING in blurry whirl. I did dim>rip>blurry whirl>hand
Tom Mosher

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 12 Nov 2004 01:17

I have a big sad update coming real soon.

Check this out for now.

I posted it on December 11th, 2003.

http://www.footbag.org/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=

Officially I now see that that was my first footbag post and BYRIN WYLIE was my first EVER footbag influence, thanks buddy!

:arrow:
Tom Mosher

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 16 Nov 2004 19:08

Hey, I have alot to cover. I should have written this over a week ago.

Last saturday was a day I had been waiting for for months. It was my Engineering Science Formal - as in the big one for the graduating class.

I had put in 25 hours of construction time (45 was mandatory but I got reductions because I have a club - my footbag club!) I had rented a snappy tux, dropped $210 on tickets and even gotten a date.

All this didn't fucking matter because I got food poisoning.

I was laid up in bed puking all saturday and missed my formal as a result of it.

I was going to go into more detail but I really don't care right now, I am in a shitty mood.

I am still being a bad student despite the huge cutdown in weed.

And on that topic I have some explaining to do.

Let me get this out of the way - I SMOKED WEED THIS WEEKEND! (suck my dick)

Let me explain why I am not upset that I smoked.

I have been getting high via vaporization all of november and quite enjoying the experience. I made the rule of no *smoking* weed in the hopes that it would have the ultimate result of my cutting back on the amount I wasted my time being high. This has worked completely.

I do not get high during the day at all anymore - by not being able to smoke weed it has become a major hassle to get high, which is precisely what I was hoping for. Having a bong sitting next to me with a pile of weed ready to go at any time was highly conducive to me being a total stoner because it was so easy to get high. It was too available.

I know myself well enough to know that I cannot moderate and this rule forced me to moderate. (finally)

Now getting to this weekend, Ryan Seath and Dan Wax were visiting me for some shred. At the end of the day I announced that I wanted to *smoke* some weed because it was a special treat. I hadn't smoked any all month and thus a joint was a special occasion - what a thought! A joint hasn't been a treat in years! It has just been a standard part of my day.

Bah, I don't fucking care, I don't need to justify anything.

Oh, and I plan on buying a convection style vaporizer like www.aromazap.com and using that to get high. I felt so gross after I smoked, I was hacking shit up and it felt just like the bad old days. My body is MUCH happier without smoke in it.

Oh yeah, I just got back into town. I missed two days of classes for a funeral. My great uncle died. It happens, he was old and happy, I am not stressing over that, so no need to console me.

I still have alot more to cover.. I'll do that in another entry.

I'm bummed right now and I don't know why.. :(

P.S. it was really nice getting to see my family the last two days, I had been getting really home sick. You know what? I really really really fucking love my family. We are all hilarious and the time we spend together is almost always laughing. We have the greatest dog and the greatest house and together we are the greatest family! Go Moshers!!

P.P.S. When I was at home my parents told me I had a saved message on the machine. It was from Marita and it was the nicest gesture ever! she had read my blog and saw that I was sad and called to say hello from afar, what a nice girl!

Thank you SO MUCH Marita!
Tom Mosher

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 17 Nov 2004 05:57

cheer up tom!! things will get better, they always do, i am as well thinking about investing in a vaporizor, my lungs are about shot.

hope u have a better day.

Camilleon
Fearless

Post by Camilleon » 17 Nov 2004 09:04

Awww, Tom. I'm sorry that you missed your formal. That really sucks :(

And you're right about the burning thing...you have nothing to justify. Once in a while isn't that bad, especially for special occassions. I'm totally with you- I've been disgusted with myself for smoking so much all the time. A couple of weeks ago I got a really bad cold cuz I was practically smoking all day, so I quit for a bit. I ate some weed cookies that a friend got from the Toronto compassion center instead. Fuck they're great! I love being high once in a while but I hate the actual act of smoking, it's such dirt! I've smoked a few times since I "quit", but only because my life fucking sucks right now...

Anyway, I hope your alternative ways to get high keep working out for you. Congratulations on finding a better way.

And feel better! You're a great guy!

Wanna get together to shred and chill sometime soon? :)
Camille Surovy
The Footbag Association of Toronto (F.A.T.)

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 17 Nov 2004 09:12

Last edited by FlexThis on 13 Jul 2005 10:11, edited 1 time in total.
Go out and shred already.
~Damon Mathews

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 17 Nov 2004 09:27

Yeah tom you just gotta shmile!!

And whats the deal with this weekend, i hope the guelph shred plan is stilll on the go cuz i'm dying to get to know some more ontario shredders. Am i correct in the fact that you are coming home to oakville some time this week? pm me on hack-bfa cuz i'll be out shredding tonight.

Oh and duck a steeping set today, it makes the everything rosy, believe me.
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Camilleon
Fearless

Post by Camilleon » 17 Nov 2004 09:59

Yeah I think that I want a vaporizer now. How much do they run for?
Camille Surovy
The Footbag Association of Toronto (F.A.T.)

rye
Shredalicious

Post by rye » 17 Nov 2004 10:26

damn potheads :lol:

jon
Foosebag God

Post by jon » 17 Nov 2004 10:39

not to hijack toms thread but I hope people dont run out and waste their money on shit vapos. You want to purchase an air convection one and not one that works by using heated metal. Air convection ones are not cheap and run from 150 - 500 dollars (your best bet is looking on the internet). Aromazap is a good choice and I love mine but I have not really kept up vapo developement in over a year so there might be something better and cheaper out there now.

Peace and healthier lungs.
Jon

btw SHRED THIS WEEKEND :) YA TOM
Jon's FootBlog
MSN: jon.haber@gmail.com
"It was clean enough to be thin..." - Andrew W.

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 17 Nov 2004 11:06

my friend uses a heat gun that one would use... well, I don't know what for. some home improvement project that requires blasts of hot air. anyway, it has a digital readout on the temperature, and you can get it right where it's gotta be. I think it would be cool to have one of those...
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 17 Nov 2004 11:11

Last edited by FlexThis on 13 Jul 2005 10:12, edited 1 time in total.
Go out and shred already.
~Damon Mathews

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 17 Nov 2004 11:21

Listen to what jon said - if anyone goes out and buys a shitty one then complains that it sucks like with the climacools I will have no sympathy.

There is some more bad news I forgot to mention.

So I had a Carol bag that I bought at World's, it was pretty and perfect looking and I couldn't wait to use it. I kicked it around once or twice and massaged it a little only to find to my shock that it had blown a panel after 10 minutes of kicking and 1/3 of the panels had holes in them.

It took me a while but eventually I called Carol and we agreed that if I sent her $20 US she would send me a new one. I sent her $10 US and $20 Canadian to add a little padding to the price since she was really nice about it.

The new bag came on friday. It is the one I posted about in the new footbags thread. I brought it to the session that night but only kicked it a little because I was in a shred mood not in a chase around a rolly polly bag mood.

Saturday came, I kicked it a little, but again, same sitchenerio.

On sunday Ryan Seath reminded me to send a thank you e-mail to Carol at which point I grabbed the bag and noticed IT HAS ALREADY BLOWN OUT A PANEL!

FUCK!

My friend warned me against being overly negative about this situation because it can be hurtful to the stitcher.

I am just being honest when I say - I will never WASTE my money on a Carol bag EVER again! What a fucking piece of shit!

The big problem is that it still is not her fault entirely, all the stitches are strong and uniform and perfect - it's the material that keeps fucking up.

Well what the fuck, why can I beat the shit out of my Felix bags for months on end and have them just keep getting better and better and I can't even fucking kick a Carol for 10 minutes without it being ruined?

I have now spent $90-100 dollars and I still do not have a useable bag.

I figure there is no point in complaining to her at this point, I don't want to be any more of a pain in the ass to her. I shoe-gooed the hole and I plan on using this bag no matter what. At least now I know who not to order from anymore.
Tom Mosher