Mosher's Footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
habitat
Post Master General

Post by habitat » 24 Oct 2004 11:36

great blog moshman, cant believe I haven't check it in about 2 months, missed alot
James Randall

canadian girl
Shredalicious

Post by canadian girl » 24 Oct 2004 12:45

Hey Tom!! Wow!!! Those were SOME updates!!
In terms of your helping your friend, it's really amazing and great that you did that....but do you think maybe she should consider serious help, like some counselling? I have known lots of people that have had run-ins with suicide, and I think it's sually best to try to encourage professional help, especially if it is really actually attempted. Anyways, I think it's great that you helped her.

And as for your lady friend!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for you! I hope you guys have a great time, and good work at actually asking her out! I have never asked, nor been asked out, but I hear it is a great feeling, and she must have been thrilled!!! Way to go!! Again, hope you have an awesome night! Take care, Marita
Marita Obst

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Re: October 24th, 2004

Post by Jeremy » 24 Oct 2004 16:13

mosher wrote:On my third or fourth pass through the masses I spotted her! we were moving in streams of people going opposite directions, I quickly derailed and swooped around to try to run into her. Our paths collided and so did our lives right then. She let out a big happy "Hey!" and I followed suit. We both commented on how we always see eachother and then I went for it:

me - have you seen farenheit 9/11?
her - no
me - me neither, would you like to go see it tomorrow night?
her - yes
Sweet move Tom!
I am doing laundry for this occasion.
Another great move - girls dig clean clothes
:D :D

Good Luck!

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 24 Oct 2004 21:06

soooo... where's the update???
A.G.

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Re: October 24th, 2004

Post by mosher » 24 Oct 2004 21:20

Ok, let me zoom in on one part of the story, the part where I got her number.

mosher wrote: I can't describe the high I had right then. Elation is timid in comparison. I kept saying her phone number over and over in my head as that was my only link to her 'three seven, three seven eight', I'll never forget those numbers!

I'll update later tonight after the date.

:D !!!!!!!!
I am waiting to exhale, guys.

Holy hell.

I ran into her in the middle of the moshpit party and neither of us had anything to write with. She just told me her number and I told myself to remember it.

I was walking along saying it over and over and thinking about her being all excited. I paused at one point in my walk home and thought 'oh shit.. what's the number?' and then I 'remembered' it.. I guess I got it wrong.

Heartbreak of hearbreaks, what an evil tease, the most covetted bait has been dangled and I am left with nothing.

I tried to call her today and some dude answered. yeah, some dude.

I totally recognize this as my fault because I know she wouldn't have slung me bogus digits.

I called and left a message at 2 PM and returned to see no one had called by 5. So I called 'her' again and got the guy. I tried several ways to dial that number wrong but I didn't find her.

My plan was to take the 6 PM bus to campus and go to dinner at the caf in hopes of running into her.

THERE IS NO DINNER ON SUNDAYS.

So there I was in my dress slacks and tie sadly wandering campus hoping to find her.

No luck..

:(

I will run into her, we have met, there is still lots of hope to be had and fun to be shared.

Hopefully happy updates will follow.

I fucking hate being such a fuck up sometimes. I feel like a fucking charicature of myself alot of the time.

I'm feeling some really strong emotions lately, I have been on the verge of tears for the last several hours now.
Last edited by mosher on 24 Oct 2004 21:37, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 24 Oct 2004 21:23

poor tom. no worries man, we all love you!
A.G.

B_Man
Flower Child

Post by B_Man » 24 Oct 2004 21:40

Like Andrew said, no worries Tom!

Everything will turn out to be alright :D
- Byrin Wylie

ShrEdmonton

canadian girl
Shredalicious

Post by canadian girl » 25 Oct 2004 07:33

Oh Tom.....that broke my heart too... Try to smile, you are such a smiley guy, and don't worry, everything will turn out alright....really it will. She wanted to go out with you to the movie and I am sure that when you tell her what happened she'll understand. Really, if you did something really nice to make up for it, it could make a great memory later on!!

Cheer up though :D You guys WILL meet again, and it will be okay. You even wore a tie....god it is breaking my sensitive little heart. Don't worry!!! Cheer up, we all think you're great!
Marita Obst

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 25 Oct 2004 10:42

:D

I have a big smile on my face right now!

I went to campus today with some real serious feelings whipping around me. I felt scared and nervous the whole time as I scanned every head I saw to see if their hair was super curly.

I went and had lunch at the cafeteria knowing full well that that was the place I had seen her the most often.

I got my food (scanning everybody obsessively) and sat down. I finished my meal with still no sight - I didn't let myself get down since I knew that I wouldn't necessarily see her today.

And then I saw her!

I had gotten up to get some fruit and walked right into her path unintentionally. "Hey!" "Hey!" :D

I explained what had happened and got her real number from her.

I was pretty far off. :) I guessed 37378 and it was really 37574.

Anyways, I told her I would try again and we said goodbye.

Hooooooooly shit! Talk about high on life again!

Hahahah.

What a soap opera!
Tom Mosher

jon
Foosebag God

Post by jon » 25 Oct 2004 10:46

:) go TOM
Jon's FootBlog
MSN: jon.haber@gmail.com
"It was clean enough to be thin..." - Andrew W.

Spadrick
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Spadrick » 25 Oct 2004 11:38

w00t buddy! I hope you make the most of your time together!
Adam Dexter

Atom
Multidex Master

Post by Atom » 25 Oct 2004 11:48

tom man, you gotta keep a pen and just use the arm....I had that happen once, got the number (on a piece of paper) and lost it two minutes after we parted....Good Luck Tom.
Adam Czarnata
-Parkin cars on footbags since '04

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 27 Oct 2004 05:50

see tom every thing works out in the end if it was ment to :) im happy for you reading about some one else joy really makes me smile. I can only imagen the high u had.

Pen and arm idea is a good idea.

fruit is good.. girls are better

hey what kinda number is 5 digets?

millenniumtree
Multidex Master

Post by millenniumtree » 27 Oct 2004 09:16

I don't think he wants to give the WORLD her number. :P

That's a great story, mosh. :D Made me all teary-eyed.

I'm married, but I still carry a pen or sharpie everywhere I go in case I need to write a time or something on my arm. Sharpies don't explode in your pocket as much as pens do. :P
Stephen Blair
Stoughton, WI
Footblog | Blog | Boring Website

vanderwax
Multidex Master

Post by vanderwax » 29 Oct 2004 07:53

The trick, when you don't have a pen to write a girls number down is to remember her phone number like it's a song... In my experiece, if you sing the digits they will stick. When you try and memorize it, you will only end up forgetting it since you will be trying sooo hard to remember. She sounds like a cutie, I'm glad you ran into her again afterward. It's funny, you make Queens sounds like such a small, small world. I can never find anyone I'm looking for at Carleton U.
Daniel G. 'Vanderwax'
'The head of state has called for me, by name, but I don't have time for him.'

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 29 Oct 2004 08:05

cellphones.. they're the answer!

important note: a camera on the phone is a bonus for those hazy mornings where you have a coule of new numbers in your phone
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

canadian girl
Shredalicious

Post by canadian girl » 29 Oct 2004 12:12

Wait, so what's happening with you and her now?! :) I'm dying to know!!!!
Marita Obst

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 29 Oct 2004 12:34

Hahah

Me: "So, can I call you sometime? The conversation was less than sparkling and you were unremarkable in general, nice ass though. Here, let me snap a shot of you, I douibt I'll remember you!"

Her: 8O

Yeah, that'd get me laid.

Uhm.. No news in the lady sitchenerio, I guess I just gotta let that one ride. Here's the three possible scenerios that I think may be what's up and all three are A-OK by me.
1) She has three midterms this week, that can be wicked stressfull especially since she is frosh so it's her first university midterms. I don't know when they were but that can always play a role.
2) She hates me and never wants to talk to me again!!
3) She doesn't check her phone messages.

Bah whatever, if it is meant to be it will happen. Fucked up forces seemed to smash us into eachother before, if it's for real it'll happen, I can't go trying to force anything. I don't want to be some creep in her life, I'm just a dude.

So onto the good stuff!

I had a footbag club meeting yesterday and the KINGSTON FOOTBAG MILITIA was out in nearly full force. We had more members out than the juggling club did for the first time!!

Take that jugglers!

Look at us!! THE KINGSTON FOOTBAG MILITIA!

See the two pairs of Lavers?? See the Climas? :D

FOOOOTBAG is alive in kingston!!

I have footbag so fuck girls! ... yeah.. fuck girls... mmm girls..

The dude all the way to the left is named Dano and he hit mirage BOTH SIDES and clipper BSOS a few times! Watch out now!

The guy to the far right is Derek. Note the lavers! He has been playing for a month and a half and he is getting SO solid! He can string tirltless for a while now. He can alternate clippers and do infinities and he was even throwing out pdx mirages yesterday.

How thrilling! I spawned that!

Chris is the tall guy next to him in the red lavers (which he has given to me to modify for him (my first pair of mesh mods!)) He brought a ton of Mr. Sandbags which was great for all. And he's a hoot to hang out with.

Missing from the shot are Jared the badass bike building dude that I met. He made his own bag out of a T-shirt and rice after the first club meeting! how hardcore is that! and he's such a cool guy. He will be shredding with MATT CROSS and I tomorrow. Also Scott from Wisconsin was a no-show this week. He hasn't been the best shower-upperer.

Go Kingston!

Edit for Marita: Yes, those are pigtails. I started wearing them this week. I don't think I have ever seen a confident straight dude wear pigtails before. they are fun and cute!
Last edited by mosher on 29 Oct 2004 16:21, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Mosher

canadian girl
Shredalicious

Post by canadian girl » 29 Oct 2004 15:32

Tom, are you sporting pigtails there?? Careful, all the men might pounce you :D

And by the way, haha, when you said that, about the conversation as less that sparkling but you have a nice ass...etc... I thought you actually did for a split second and I actually gasped! Gullible gullible me.... But then again, if the date was horrible, I guess I can actually picture some people being that brutally honest.

Anyways, yay for the "Kingston Footbag Militia"!
Marita Obst

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 30 Oct 2004 07:09

mosher wrote::

I got her real number from her.

I was pretty far off. :) I guessed 37378 and it was really 37574.
The!