Jeremy Mirken's Footbag Blog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 12 Feb 2005 17:39

I had a 41 contact run today, all BOPs, which is cool b/c it was the longest guiltless run Ive ever had, but also sucky, b/c I could only manage 41 :?
Anyway, i spent a lot of time drilling dumb tricks but it paid off a little. I was able to hit ps eggbeater> run, my firt seal of that move. Also i hit a run that started and ended with ripstein. I also hit what i think is a reverse swivel, basically a pdx symple swirling osis. That was cool. i worked a lot on sailing set because i hadnt hit that in a couple months. i got some nice sets just above waist level, but didnt really hit anything cool out of it. i was trying to hit sailing ss whirl, which I barely missed. A couple days ago, i hit smog bsos, which i forgot to mention, so I'll put it here. Hmm . . what else? Oh, i hit my first throught 7th flip side stepping op symple swirls, like riptide without the butterfly dex. i liked that. It would be cool to link those 8O . I also got pretty close to swirling gyro mirage, but I can't say I hit it because i think the set wasnt very clean (i caught the toe stall tho). I hit clip set torque>dlo, which I never hit, so that was cool too. i hit ducking clip>diving clip.repeat. i like that combo, can't hit it with butterflies yet tho. i guess thats it- its a lot really, no great run accomplishments tonight, but, 1 last thing! I managed to hit 23 consec osi (alternatingZ) on two different occasions today, which is really good for me. About a month ago, my high had been about 13 and on average, Id manage 3-4. Now I feel I can consistently hit 8-10, which is gratifying. Osis is lengthening my runs so much!
My name: Jeremy Mirken, AKA Chocolatey Shatner, AKA jerk enemy rim.

I kick it with trunk chef elf and liz luck key my.

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Senor Grommet » 13 Feb 2005 16:18

8O I had a crazy session today 8O I pushed myself really hard to try some cool stuff; I hit some, and I nearly hit others. One of the highlights of the session was:

-atomic whirl>blur>atomsmasher>atomic whirl>blur>drop (Noooooooooooo!)
I hit this combo: atomic whirl>blur>atomsmasher>atomic whirl 4 different times, including starting from both sides. Today was the very first day that I could step from atomic whirls on either side with some consistency.

Then I moved on to fli quantum set, which isn't really my 'flip" because it is pretty damn good, but it kind of is because i've hit all of my biggest quantum moves starting from the opposite side. in any case, I drilled quantum op dlo (toe fog) for about 40 minutes or so. I knew i could hit it, so I just kept trying and trying. Probably about 200-300 tries at least today.

Then I moved on to quantum drifter, starting again from 'flip" quantum set. I hit it within 3 tries, which was the bomb because that was my first ever flip toe blurry drifter!

I also tried atomic blender about 40 times, didnt hit it and was a bit angry about that. I KNOW I can hit that move . . . i just haven't yet. I tried S&M smasher too, and got super close but also didn't hit it. I KNOW I can hit that f-in move too and Ive wanted to for a long time. Next session it is mine!

I hit several tomahawks on my strog side today, one on my flip. Hit 15 consec osi with a semi-broken in bag.

Oh yeah, Wjile schooling my atomic set, I gave some attempts to atomic whirling swirl (not tapping). I dont know if its ever been hit, but I was kind of close, which is promising. Id really like to hit that move as well, but its a long ways away.

Well, for those of you who've read this far now, I guess you're kind of wondering whether I ever hit the toe fog from flip quantum set. Well, I did! I hit it, sealed with a butterfly (I think) and went into a run from there. I was sooooo happy but for once i didn't let out a scream. I just stood there, then walked around in a circle with a huge smile on my face. I knew i could hit it- I did. Jackbag saw it, which added coolness to the trick.

thanks for reading guys and gals!

ericksonj
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by ericksonj » 13 Feb 2005 16:28

PROPS ON TOE FOG!!! I wanna hit it too!! I don't know if I can muster up the stamina to try it 300 times though, and it would probably take me 500 trys at least to hit it.
Always Shreddin
James Erickson
Eugene Footbag Association (Orton, Nasty, Me)
w/ new additions (Casey, Alex, Eddie, and Shawnell)

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 14 Feb 2005 16:36

A nice mix of single tricks and runs today> I hit about 4 runs over 30 contacts and one that was 40 contacts (the last being BOPs). I hit diving gyro mirage for the first time today, sealed with a small run. Then I hit
pdx eggbeater>smoke>pdx whirl! The first two tricks are soooo hard to link. I also hit step clip>step butt>step osis, but only on 1 side. Then, I gave tornado (nuclear ingyro mirage) about 15 tries and got super close. Didn't hit it tho. Then I gave Irish Spring about 50 tries. Didnt hit that either, but got even closer that I got to tornado. I also tried mantis (gyro egg) about 25 times and got damn close to that too, but again, no dice. i think you're getting the idea here?? Finally, I said: Okay, I get 10 tries to hit a 30 contact run and if i do I can go for consec ps whirls, but if I can't manage 30, I have to go inside. Well, on try number 6 I hit exactly 30 contacts, dropping on 31. On my 7th attempt at consecutive ps whirls, I broke my record. I hit ps whirl x6, which, in long form looks like: ps whirl> ps whirl> ps whirl> ps whirl> ps whirl> ps whirl!

That's all folks.

ted
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by ted » 14 Feb 2005 17:50

yeah toe fog!

and p eggbeater> smoke is hard as f*.

can you hit smoke>blur>atomsmasher>repeat?
Theodore Anderson

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 20 Feb 2005 10:22

I hit some new and some old 5>5 combos yesterday:
-fog>atomic whirl
-sumo>atomic drifter! (a sweet rewind combo)
-fog>atomic drifter!
-ps whirl>blurriest!
-blazing pdx mirage>atomic whirl (a sweet rewind combo)

but is blazing p mirage only a 4? I guess so . . .

Colin
Flower Child

Post by Colin » 20 Feb 2005 10:35

Is there no x-dex on blasing p mirage?
Colin Kennedy
ckennedy@footbag.org

full nelson
8-Bit Ninja

Post by full nelson » 20 Feb 2005 11:45

Senor Grommet wrote: -ps whirl>blurriest!.
8O Now that's a sweet combo.
Brad

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 20 Feb 2005 14:21

Thanks Newf and Full Nelson. I went out again today and hit a few more new 5>5 combos:

-bedwetter>paradon swirl!
-ps whirl>janiwalker!!
-sumo quantum>whirl?!!!!8O

AND . . .

Blazing (pdx) drifter 8) (a flipsider "massive" trick)

also spinning osis>spinning osis

and ps dlo sealed to a run

randomcrayon
Shredaholic

Post by randomcrayon » 20 Feb 2005 14:41

Sweet Jesus!

All your combos are huge, but I must give you super props for ps whirl>janiwalker.
Ben Barrows

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 20 Feb 2005 15:15

Senor Grommet wrote: -bedwetter>paradon swirl!
-ps whirl>janiwalker!!
-sumo quantum>whirl?!!!!8O
Okay. Those are just huge. Furious out of PS Whirl must be stupid hard!

B_Man
Flower Child

Post by B_Man » 20 Feb 2005 15:31

I want to have your children Jeremy :lol:

Fuck. PS Whirl > Janiwalker?!?!?!?!?! You are the man!
- Byrin Wylie

ShrEdmonton

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Low Energy Session

Post by Senor Grommet » 22 Feb 2005 17:12

Well, I had been read-sleeping for about 35 minutes (that's when you're just so tired that you can seem to stay awake for more than half a page) before i decided it was time to get off my lazy ass and shred a bit. the only problem was that when got outside, I lacked the motivation or energy to go for long runs. I kept thinking, i dont want to be out of breath, i just want to footbag. So i decided to focus the session just on new combos. It was quite fun. I hit a few more new 5>5s and one new move that is cool.

New:
-matador>blurry whirl (seems easy, but not for me)
-blurry whirl>blurry drifter (sweet)
-janiwalker>blurry drifter (flip bl. drifter)
-frontside whirlwalk 8O

Who has hit frontside whirlwalk before?

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 23 Feb 2005 23:05

Hmm . . . I hit frontside whirlwalk again, very cleanly or so i think. I have it on camera but the camera is one of those old VCR-tape style cameras so i can't even post the footage here:( My digital camra is broken. Oh well. On the bright side, I hit it again. Also, i hit pixie dbl switch for the cammy and nearly frontside flurry and very nearly furious drifter 8O I was f-in' close! I think that Ill hit that move within a month or so if i continue to try it a few times each session.

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 25 Feb 2005 18:21

Close but no cigar:

I just skooled symp barraging on my strong side for about 15 minutes. I think i tried about 50-60 symp flurries and 3 symp janiwalkers. I hit nothing. BUUUT, i did have the symp flurry off my foot on about 10 occaqsions. One time, it kind of stalled, but got caught in te flap of my toe box, so i didn't count that. on another note, i was super close to symp whirl>janiwalker.
And close to fury>atomic set anything

EDIT:
I hit ps whirling xbd rake for the second time tonight, quite easily actually. it was sweet!

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

2 sessions 'n 2 days

Post by Senor Grommet » 27 Feb 2005 16:04

Here's what went down (lots of new shiznit!):
-sumo bsos
-pdx tapping dlo (new trick)
-janiwalker>fog
-janiwalker> blurry whirl>ps whirl (new 5>5>5 combo?)
-janiwalker>pdx torque (new 5>5)
-symposium flurry!!!!! (new trick) (twice)
-blurry whirl>matador
-atomic whirl>janiwalker (new 5>5)
-8O fury>atomic whirl 8O
-and fury>atomic whirl>ps whirl (dropped it tho)
-and . . . janiwalker> blurry whirl>blurry whirl>ps whirl>ps whirl (first string of 5 unique 5s) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, it was so cool.

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 01 Mar 2005 16:32

nothin huge today.
-fog>pixie paradon on my first try; cool, dunno if Ive ever hit it before.
-butt>symp whirl>x5
-didnt drop a flip symp whirl today!
-two flip whirling swirls in 4 tries
ps whirl> flip spin clipper (1st time)

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 02 Mar 2005 11:55

whirr>whirr
whirr>blur
whirr>blurry whirl
whirr>blurry drifter off my foot
whirring rake off foot
flip pdx tapping whirl (hurl)

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 06 Mar 2005 17:58

fury>atomic clipper

blur>smoke>ripwalk>blur

inspinning mirage BSOS

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 09 Mar 2005 21:50

non-footbag related:

I took my graduate school written comprehensive exams today. I really hope that I passed the test, but i am not at all confident i did so. I guess I'll find out after spring break. I should have studied more and shredded less in the days and weeks leading up to today. Oh well.