Maxblog: now officially living in Sydney!

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Maxblog: now officially living in Sydney!

Post by max » 27 Jun 2004 05:10

edit..
Last edited by max on 17 Sep 2008 17:26, edited 10 times in total.
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 27 Jun 2004 10:01

I'm feeling a bit better and hazy memories from last night are creeping back (I talked some german I think!!).

Anyway nice shred today in front of Notre Dame. Lots of tourists, lots of spectators. Had some nice runs with one ending on a ps whirl > whirlwind attempt. No new moves but I did have blurry whirl > ps whirl > mobius roll off ... I attempted smiling set and failed miserably. Attempted symp whirr and did symp whirl .. got close to toe whirr though oh I'll hit ripsteining osis soon. Tried some other stupid stuff like pdx whirr and butterfly ripstein yet only succeeded in making my friends laugh!
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 29 Jun 2004 11:42

close this time try again next time:
blurry drifter > vertigo
alpine stepping whirl

far this time but first time I try these:
- spinning bs blur (feels hard to clean)
- gimping / pimping whirling swirl
- pixie dragonfly > whirling swirl

some guys told us we should apply for jobs in a circus :)
Oh Frank (from France) is going on this World Records TV show and try and beat the Eclipse record (26) in 2 days. GOOD LUCK TO HIM!
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 14 Jul 2004 12:40

Today is July the 14th, it's our national holiday!! I didn't go and see the parade and all, but a day off in the middle of the week is still super cool.
Lately I've been practicing (trying is a better word) my doubles routine for Worlds. Fred's been out with a bad back for over a month so we couldn't practice but we have things under way now..
We've decided to NOT do just 3 minutes of team freestyle as we usually do and to incorporate some synchro stuff and some one-touch. It's working out pretty well :)

Had a good session today outside (it was very sunny: finally) in front of Notre Dame, again we'll be on dozens of "visiting Paris" holiday videos!
Getting close to blurtigo (alpine blurry drifter) and hit some pretty long runs with lots of flip osis stuff (it's getting really good).

Probably won't play much till worlds, leaving Paris on the 27th for work reasons. Hope to see many readers there!
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 23 Jul 2004 01:28

Ok Fred's back is much better and we've picked up practising for our World's routine again. Nearly all of our team freestyle routines have been 3in shred in the past (so no routines at all really). Except for World's final last year, where we threw a routine together three hours before the comp. So we're super stoked that this year we took a whole 10 days or so to think about our routine! Woot! Oh and we got some kick ass French Soccer Team Jerseys (with our names on the back).

recently I've been trying to link 5s but it's damn hard. i try and link lots of different one's together in groups of 2. I had some new ones roll off my foot yesterday (so should seal them soon enough) stuff like jacknife > spinning whirl; blurry whirl > superfly; spinning whirl > spinning blender..
mu weak osis are still getting better. I throw a lot in runs now. Esp. spinning osis, so naturally my torques blenders and mobiuses are getting better too..

note to self: stop smoking one of these days.
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 08 Sep 2004 02:27

hmmmm havn't posted in a while.
Things have been going ok footbag wise. I went to Worlds in Montreal! that was fun to say the least. It was very different to any comps I'd ever been to (all of which were in Europe). There were definatly a lot of big names there, and I was happy seeing so many people I'd chatted to on this forum although the number of kickers I did not know was just too big.. Anyway I'm pretty happy with my performance there, I managed to scrape through to semi-finals again (I always wonder why this happens, maybe I'm just lucky) then got rightfully caned by everyone else in my pool :)

Fred and I had a good run in the first round of doubles routines and finished second (behind Vasek and Honza). Then for finals we just simply FLIPPED OUT (cue big arm movements from Jerry Maguire).. I guess that happens. Still we're happy that our 3 weeks practice paid off and we're very motivated to go to Helsinki and kick some serious ass!

Anyway since about late July early July I've had quite some changes happen: I cut down drasticly on the beer (except on week-ends) and have been working out a bit. Which is pretty cool, I feel in great form. Also, my new gf has incited me to stop smoking before the end of year, so maybe I'll be hitting ridiculously long strings by January.

Lately I've been kicking quite a bit, trying to get my guiltless strings longer (my record's around the 35/40 region), my osis are getting better too and I'm incorporating them in my ducking strings. In the past couple of weeks I've been hitting some pretty big tricks (ducking superfly, pixie inspinning osis, double reverse twirl) and have been linking ripstein out of a horde of tricks.

I've been working on style also but God does that take AGES. I'm planting a lot less on pdx, butterflies and the like. My ducks/dives a also very very close to my neck.. hmm what else? Today is the first day of Fred and my weekly team freestyle training. We've already written a routine for Worlds but haven't practiced it yet. So we'll start on that. Once we'll have it down dropless easily (should take a couple of months) we'll film it and give the video to m. Morph�e (he's responsible for the music on Budas Best!) who will compose an original song onto it. Well that's what we've planned anyway. so we'll see how that goes.

things I want to hit but haven't yet(that I've either footed or come very close to):
- flip ripstein
- mullet swirl (always an inch away)
- spinning pdx whirling swirl [edit: hit 13/10/2007]
- symp. whirling ripstein
- toe set ripstein
- pixie double pick up [all part of my plan to hit pixie whirr] [edit: Hit this on 19/09/2004]
- whirring swirl [edit: Hit this on 20/10/2004]
- flip mullet / flip tomahawk [edit: hit flip tomahawk sometime in 2007]
- double spinning pdx whirl
- fairy dolomite
- pixie ducking dolomite

bon I'm at work, and I'm off.
Last edited by max on 22 May 2008 03:18, edited 2 times in total.
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 20 Sep 2004 00:35

fun day yesterday.. probably one of the last "outside shreds" for this year. We had our 3rd video jam in a sunny park. It was lots of fun. 6 shredders competed, and we had our usual shred 30 / sick 3 / big 1 / battle. I was pretty happy with my performance.

shred 30 :
- 27 tricks (counting initail toe stall)
- 19 uniques
- 2.81 ratio
- 76 adds
- 2 drops
- 2 0add contact, 2 1add contacts, 1 2add contact, 20 3add contacts, 1 4add contact, 1 5add contact
- 129+ score

sick 3:
managed parkwalk > ps whirl > spinning whirl

big 1:
1- missed my first superfly attempt
2- superfly
3- missed pixie ducking attempt
4- pixie ducking paradon
5- spinning swirl

and I hit new moves/combos so I was quite happy with my shred :)
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 30 Sep 2004 00:27

ok well I was planning on quitting smoking on the 15th of November and ended up quitting yesterday.. so that's good.. I'm not FREAKING OUT yet but am craving ciggies on a regular 45 second basis. Good point: I was smoking so much that I'll be making HUGE savings if I keep this up! Downside: I'll undoubtably double my run length. My fellow french kickers already get a bit bored (we bring chairs to shreds now) when I do long runs, now I'll have to plan to offer a light refreshment and maybe a movie mid-run :)

Other news: the french open is getting closer, I'm very eager to actually have it happen, lots of big names, should be good. Been doing some pretty good doubles with Fred lately. I'll have to get him to stop smoking also.

Footed barfly swirl and mullet swirl several times yesterday.. that is all.
Bon I'm off to torture myself: going to get coffee.
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 30 Sep 2004 02:47

Good luck with quitting smoking :wink:

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 11 Oct 2004 02:54

ok so I havn't smoked a cigarette in nearly two weeks.
That's good.
Am putting on lots of weight, but I'll lose that soon enough (once I've through the physical nicotine addiction).

Last Friday we had a surprise visit from one of our favorite canadian shredders: Mr Andrew "Boomstix" Grant himself! So we organised a little videoJam in the gym we kick in on fridays. That was fun, Andrew was a bit "out" as he was severly jetlagged yet he still tore everything up, with ps whirl > ps whirl linking fives and getting damn close to linking a couple of 6s together! I saw his super style whirling swirls too! He's so both sided he disgusts me!

Anyway we had a nice little comp, and I was super happy as I broke my previous shred 30 record with a 140 (and then some) !!! So that was cool! There were 26 contacts including one drop, 21 uniques (I did a butterfly twice, and a pdx mirage twice) and one 2 add (clipper) the rest being mostly threes with a couple of 4s and one 5add..

so my next challenge is to break 150 in shred 30!!

Anyway videos should be up soon eneough, and Andrew looks set on coming back to footjam next year so that's all cool!
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 11 Oct 2004 05:09

(Huge maaaasive insane props for not smoking in 2 weeks!)
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 11 Oct 2004 18:19

andrew also looks pretty set on coming back for the french open if some one can let him crash on their floor.
A.G.

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 12 Oct 2004 00:15

yeah no worries. If I'm still with current gf by then I'm putting my appartment up for garbs for who wants to crash in it. Mr. Schneider's interested, so it should work out ok. Either way, they'll be crash space for sure!
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 18 Oct 2004 02:49

still not smoking. It'll be three weeks tonight!! Yeah!!
I have been schooling my flipside stepping set these past shreds. I unfortunatly am not shredding much due to a slight pain in my knee. Not quite sure what it's due to nor how to get rid of it. It soesn't hurt when I play only sometimes in the morning.. weird. If this goes on another week, I'll get it checked out.

Anyway so I hit ripwalk x5 I was very stoked with that!
And ripwalk > blurriest (hadn't done that in ages)
new move stepping far swirl
got close to ripwalk swirl and blurry whirl swirl also.
have been footing fury these last couple of days but havn't sealed it yet...
also did dimwalk ending on (xbd) toe :)

I've decided to work on my shred 30 also. I've written about 20 tricks and can hit the first 15 nearly on command. I hit it all of the 20 several times:

smear > plo > magellan > plo > magellan > dimwalk > sidewalk > blur > dimwalk > infinity > diving clipper > ducking clipper > ducking clipper > spinning clipper > merkon > ss whirl > ripwalk > pdx mirage > parkwalk > ps whirl.

not quite sure what to do after that .. I was thinking something along the lines of
osis > dlo > toe drifter > drifter > pdx whirl > spinning whirl

that should work out to be about 30 seconds.
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 18 Oct 2004 15:40

max wrote:have been footing fury these last couple of days but havn't sealed it yet...
8O props!
A.G.

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 20 Oct 2004 00:48

hehe updated my todo list as I hit a super clean whirring swirl yesterday :)

still not smoking !
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 20 Oct 2004 18:46

max wrote:I hit a super clean whirring swirl yesterday
8O ummm... fuck. yeah. that about does it...
A.G.

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 08 Nov 2004 05:29

Tonight I shall be celebrating my 42nd day cigarette-free. I think I'm slowly reaching the top of the hill.. i'll be all downhill from there!!

This week is going to be pretty damn cool as:
1) I'm only working three days because
2) The 6th French open starts this thursday(net)/w.e.(freestyle)

Yesterday Jonathan Schneider himself hooked up with us in Paris for a quick demo at the locatçion where freestyle finals will be held.

The place rocks: small well-lit stage with DJ just behind. Big floor for the crowd and amphitheatre like balconies all around in a semi-cirle!

Yesterday was a slam (poetry type slam) gathering of sorts, and Frank Remy, Jonathan Schneider, Fred Touzelet and myself did a quick 10 minute demo.

Frank has his usual super-relaxed flow infront of any crowd, Mr. Schneider is what I'd like to call a demo-king because
a) he doesn't drop
b) he has several bags full of crwod pleasing tricks (dragons, swirls, flappers, rolling things etc)

Fred and I just did team freestyle. I think all in all there were maybe 10 drops in 10 minutes between all three of us so we were very happy!

Other than that I've been getting damn close to some tricks that I believe have not been hit yet...

ok, back to work.
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 08 Nov 2004 09:48

Max, I am SO impressed with your smoking success thus far! I have never witnessed (albiet from afar) a person be so successful with their goal to quit smoking. It is truely impressive, keep it up!
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 09 Nov 2004 01:59

hehe thanks Tom! Hope you're as successful with your own quitting!
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC