Maxblog: now officially living in Sydney!

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
justin41
Shredaholic

Post by justin41 » 08 Aug 2005 04:32

hey max.

sorry we had to leave the spot too quick to give you a shout...
you somehow vanished exactly the time we had to leave.

anyway, i was completely stunned by all that ducking,diving and spinning stuff of yours. i´ll definately work on that too.
man, i never had an intense session like that before. and to come home with at least five new moves is just awesome.
i wish i had some good freestylers around to train with.

well cu soon enough i guess.

justin
oh: i´ll put up some footage and pictures on my site soon. maybe today or tomorrow.

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 08 Aug 2005 04:55

Thanks Justin,
sorry i missed your departure yesterday. Anyway it was really cool demo-ing and shreding with you! I'll have to get my arse to Germany one of these days. I'll keep you posted. Give me a shout next time you're in Brussels, I'll organise a kick there.
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 08 Aug 2005 05:16

I just got back from 2 days of demos in Brussels at the Bruxelles Les bains festival. I really had a great time there despite the crap weather. The demos were really more like "shred circles with lots of onlookers", but i think that we did put on a pretty good show especially the second day when lots of people stopped by.

Justin from Aachen came down to participate also and he left Brussels with a host of new tricks with him (barfly, symp. mirage, whirl and drifter if I recall correctly). Wim was obviously on a good day throwing down a couple of really long runs *perfectly timed* to the beat of the accompanying music! He also had a host of new 5s on his foot BS (pdx blender, mobius, ps whirl, blurry whirl, spinning whirl, blurriest) and he hit some really nice dt drifters and pdx drifters for new tricks too!

Personnaly the 2 demos tired me out as I'm a bit out of shape for the moment but I busted out a couple of nice runs every so often. After the demo we had a shred where we were all trying new tricks, i hit a couple of things that I was going to submit to the online comps but unfortunatly the backlight is just too string and you can barely make out the tricks.

Still I uploaded pdx symple drifter / Alex Zerbe is the greatest / pgog ss symp. whirl here:

http://www.footbag.org/gallery/showset/bigTricksInBxl

Btw, thanks Wim for being so bloody fast at getting these off tape, on computer, edited and mailed to me! i also tried symple vertigo lots of times but was either failing the duck, or when I'd get the duck I'd knee the bag when dexing.
Also got close to big apple so that'll be one of my goals in the coming weeks.

lastly props to Seb for his tap and props to Alex for putting shorts and lavers on and hitting clippers and mirages all over the place!
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

Wim
Fearless

Post by Wim » 08 Aug 2005 06:04

Reconcile
max wrote:despite the crap weather
with
max wrote:but unfortunatly the backlight is just too string

That sucks! Not a ray of light all weekend long and just when you hit a sick trick there's too much sun. Fuck!

We'll make up for that with dozens of sick1s (on tape) next time!
Wim Van Verre
Guiltless for Life

Bllllog-Challlengiz-Ogre gallery

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 08 Aug 2005 06:10

Wim wrote: That sucks! Not a ray of light all weekend long and just when you hit a sick trick there's too much sun. Fuck!
Haha that's so true. Rain on and off all w.e. and a bit of sun straight in the camera when we filmed :)
We'll make up for that with dozens of sick1s (on tape) next time!
You're ON!
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 10 Aug 2005 03:00

Had a nice night shred yesterday with a friend. I did both some long (25+) guiltless strings and tryed new combos and tricks.

I was most proud of pdx dlo > tapdown BS, but I was trying to do it repeat.

I was also pretty stoked about something I was ashamed to post in the new runs topic:

ripwalk > sidewalk [repeat] ... heh, it only took me 5 years!

was happy about ducking clip > jani > run :)

What else... had some new stuff roll of my foot: symple vertigo (but I think the duck was thin), gyro grifter off my foot a billion times

a nice session for sure. Sprinkled with quite a lot of pints after the run, that's always cool too.. it's good being able to rock up to work at 11 :)

I should stop smoking again soon. That's a good thing as I'm absolutly out of breath after about 20 tricks.
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

kaos
Fearless

Post by kaos » 10 Aug 2005 03:25

Shit, when did you start smoking again? I remember I quit smoking about 2 weeks after you did (circa September/October last year?). It definitely helps with the endurance.

Even though I haven't smoked since then, I am also absolutely out of breath after about 20 tricks (if I get so far :roll: ).
max wrote:spinning osis > far swirl > spinning clipper > spinning swirl > spinning clipper > spinning butterfly
This looked so good in my head...props!!
Kobus Brümmer

"On résiste à l'invasion des armées; on ne résiste pas à l'invasion des idées" - Victor Hugo

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 10 Aug 2005 04:28

Shit, when did you start smoking again?
haha about 9 months ago! But I promised my gf that I'll stop as soon as I'm living in Brussels (in one month). At the time I had stopped smoking I really did hit much longer runs, so yeah I'm kinda eager to stop again.
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 07 Sep 2005 06:37

06 / 09 / 2005

Ok so I now officially live in Brussels. I don't have a place of my own yet but I do have a job (3rd day at it).
Had a late Session with Alexis and Seb yesterday. Alexis was losing motivation not so long as 1 month ago. That's changed. He now wants to buy lavers, in the mean time he dropped his 5kg. a piece skater shoes and plays in light puma like shoes. The massive improvement is that he doesn't play in baggy trousers anymore either: he actually plays in SHORTS!! This little step took him 4 years and he finally admitted that YES there is an advantage to playing in shorts :D

Anyway back to the session. Nothing notable for me apart from my personnal record breaking 47 osis, lots of new moves / comobs were hit by Seb and Alexis:

Alexis:
- toe drifter
- clip set drifter
- spinning clipper
- whirl
- clip set symple swirl

was close to pdx drifter, flip drifter, spinning butterfly and butterfly swirl

Seb:
- lo > symp. mirage > lo > mirage > run
- mirage > pickup > mirage > pickup off his foot
- tap midrun
- infinity x2 (up till a while ago he didn't beleive in flip clipper) BS

was close to legbeater and atomsmasher (both off his foot loads of times), flail both sides and he'll be hitting symple swirls pretty soon too

Anyway I'm glad to see both their games improving. It's cool coming into a small scene like the one in Brussels and being able to actually see improvement like this. I've been giving loads of tips where I can and have been slowly easing them towards both sidedness :)
Next I'll start working on cicle etiquette.

As for the scene itself, well I'm going to work and making it grow. Seb is sensational when it comes to medai exposure, he always has demos / festivals / workshops lined up and I'm going to help him build a better infrastructure to lure more new players into the sport. Also we're going to start discussing what we can do to make the first official footbag event in Belgium a reality.
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

Wim
Fearless

Post by Wim » 09 Sep 2005 08:08

Sounds exciting! 8O
max wrote: my personnal record breaking 47 osis.
That's not bad for taming a life-long enemy of yours. But have you given up smoking now you have moved to Bxl? :)
Wim Van Verre
Guiltless for Life

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 09 Sep 2005 08:13

But have you given up smoking now you have moved to Bxl?
no I've managed to negociate to push the start date (of me quitting smoking) to late September after a wedding in Montreal :)
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 21 Sep 2005 00:44

Tuesday session with Alexis.

I had a kick yesterday with Alexis in the Brussels central train station. What's cool about this station is that it's well lit, floor is good, it's not cold, there are power points to plug your stereo in, there are lots of spots where you don't get in the way of commuters and that's were the local breakdancers hang out (and more importantly they have some GOOD music). We had a two and half hour kick which was exactly what I needed. Alexis has improved SO much in the last the month, and he is super keen on getting his flipside up to par. He hit datw, had double over down, dimwalk and dlo bounce off his foot countless times. He upped his flip clipper record from 4 to 6 and I have him aiming for ten in a row; he'll nail that before the end of Sept.

I had an ok shred with a couple of long runs, some long ducking and diving runs; Had a run with dlo, toe dlo, pdx dlo BSOS that also included smog and gyro dlo. I drilled my flip eggbeaters and a bit and lo and behold I hit a trick I'd put on my 2002 wishlist:

- bedwetter

I had the other bedwetter bounce off my foot a couple of times, as flip pigbeater and pixie egg. I'll hit those all next session.

Whilst I was trying the other bedwetter (bad stepping, good pdx eggbeater) it came as quite a surprise that I could flip stepping set pretty high, so completly out of the blue I hit:

- flip stepping ducking clipper.

That was definately a good surprise :)

other than that not much, I had a run start with pixie ss drifter > pdx torque. I also hit croissant again (pixie symp. whirling swirl) but was unsealed.

Oh yeah Jochen if you're reading this: the bag you sold me ROCKS. We played all session with it. It has really broken it and it's small size has pushed me to do more sets than I usus-ally do.

After that session off to a nice little local bar for a couple of beers with friends. It was fun.

Oh yeah I now have an appartment in Brussels: it kicks ass. I have duefully house-warmed it last week-end with some freinds from Brussels + friends over from Paris.
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

DoctorJay
Fearless

Post by DoctorJay » 21 Sep 2005 03:35

nice

glad to hear that you like docbags.

today I recognized that I won't be able to visit french open due to college class.

I try to visit bruxelles instead of - it really upset me that I miss that many tournaments due to my studies - I got about 15 weekends which are full of classes- arghhhhh

croissant ?......... your invention ?

greets to bruxelles
Jochen Bauer

Paradox Feet Footbag Club
http://www.paradoxfeet.de

http://www.jochen-bauer.net

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 23 Sep 2005 00:01

super quick post:

Had a fantastic session yesterday with Seb and Alexis at the big Brussels University (ULB). Hit loads of new stuff.

new combos:
- ripwalk > vortex > ripwalk
- gyro clip > gyro clip
- ss egg > ss egg

new runs:
- a run with bubbabeater BSOS + 1 pdx eggbeater
- a run with pdx eggbeater BSOS + 1 bubba beater
- a run with bedwetter and fog

new tricks:
- flip gyro whirl
- spinning pdx eggbeater

--> FLIPSIDE RIPPED WARRIOR <-- (twice at the end of the session)

had gyro eggbeater off my foot loads of times.

Anyway have to run, I'm off to Montréal for the week-end (wedding)

Will try to get get upgraded on the flight & at the hotel ;)
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

Wim
Fearless

Post by Wim » 23 Sep 2005 05:15

Jeeeezus!

What's happening to you all in Brussels? Sounds like I should get my ass over there soon!
I had a kick yesterday with Alexis in the Brussels central train station
Dude! It's super easy for me to get there! If you kick there again and need some more attendance, give me a yell!
a run with bubbabeater BSOS + 1 pdx eggbeater
- a run with pdx eggbeater BSOS + 1 bubba beater
so you can give me some pointers on those (huge void in my game) :x
I hit a trick I'd put on my 2002 wishlist:

- bedwetter
Props! That's on my most wanted list too! I'll probably hit it in 2008 :)

What about that flurry? You seemed pretty darn close a few weeks ago!

Docbags rock indeed. When I was in Dortmund a couple of weeks ago and Jochen showed me his new bags, I bought the smallest of the lot and now my atoms and quantums feel almost easy!
Wim Van Verre
Guiltless for Life

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 17 Oct 2005 00:39

I was in Paris for the week-end and ended up shredding twice. It was good although pretty tiring. I'd partied a bit too hard the two nights I was there so I was pretty stiff and wasn't near any kind of good form, still it was nice shredding outside twice. I only had two or three medium-sized runs and no real combos to note but was happy hitting symp. bubba beater finally. it's a cool move :) I had some pretty inspiring attempts at pixie symp. eggbeater also so I should be able to hit that sometime soon also had flip pigbeate off my foot too many times to beleive... Other than that:

- nuke op knee bumping op mirage (bailed.. was going for drifter)
- super controlled pixie op symp. knee bumping op mirage
- hit a super clean toe gyro dlo again (second time I think)
- a couple fo insightful attempts at gyro weaving torque (have hit it before with drifter) so I'll give that more tries if I think about it
- a couple of janis here and there
- a nice highplains.. it'd been a while

so yeah not much really. I should stop smoking cut back on the beer and get into better shape :-/ and practice more! I guess I'm missing the stress-free days of attending 4h of class a week in uni :)
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

Matt Christopher
Shredalicious

Post by Matt Christopher » 17 Oct 2005 03:32

I was wondering if you had one of these things. heh, I'm certainly going to miss these university days once they're gone... only one more year to enjoy!

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 22 Nov 2005 02:06

Havn't posted in here in a while.
The Belgium scene is growing here little by little so that's good news :)
Every monday night during winter we have a place to shred, tuesday nights also (but too early for me as I work) and we may try to fit a wednesday night at the local uni also.

So there were 4 kickers here yesterday and we had a 90 imnute session. I remember being happy hitting blurriest BSOS and blurry whirl BSOS also. I also finally hit a link that had been bugging me for a while: mobius > pdx. Blender.

In light of my recent pdx egg > legbeater I also hit bedwetter > legbeater yesterday. Although I prefer the non stepping version!

I was also pretty stoked with reverse swirling stallberger, and 2 or 3 runs of 30+ contacts. Julien hit his first ever double dex (dlo) so he paid his rounds after the session :) Anyway all's well and we plan on golfing this sunday.
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 29 Nov 2005 02:00

Monday night gym report:

Just Julien and Alexis were here yesterday but it was good session. The hallway we play in is great: non slippery floor, great lighting, warm, lots of space, power plugs for music, toilets / water 10m away, showers. We played for roughly two hours. Julien has made the most amazing progress in the last couple of months. Late september he was having a very hard time hitting mirage, he can now hit 3 in a row BS no problem. Yesterday he had pdx mirage of his foot, eggbeater off his foot a couple of times also, he did hit osis and refraction, both sealed and his very first attempt of spinning was better than my flip spins :) Alexis also hit refraction and outside > drifter

I was in little form but at the very end of the session I decided to close my session on a new triple dex > triple dex. Straight off the bat I hit a super clean super controlled:

pigbeater > pixie paradon

So then I think, "wait, Ill end my session on a 5 5 5, it has been a long time" and again first try I hit blurry whirl > ps whirl > spinning whirl... very boring yes but I'm not much into my fearless. Then I tried a different combo and hit ripped warrior > ps whirl > dropped mobius. I will try that again.

Good news: we've decided to have another weekly winter session on Fridays at the big uni in Brussels. That would make it two weekly sessions... and that's cool. Next Friday we should start talks about organising a first competition here in Belgium.

It's about time Brussels was put on the European footbag map.
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

Matt Christopher
Shredalicious

Post by Matt Christopher » 29 Nov 2005 03:24

Sounds great over there! I wouldn't bother visiting London with footbag in mind anytime soon: it's freezing and finding indoor places is tricky since the sports centres are all so shit and overcrowded.