BrianW aka Dubs

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
BrianW
BSOS Beast

BrianW aka Dubs

Post by BrianW » 29 Jun 2004 18:10

Alright, yeah, cool idea. well let me just start out by saying i cant lift my left leg over waist high. Two nights ago i practiced paradox illusion for at least two hours. Didnt hit it once!! Something about out to in dex's piss me off.
so last night my friend came over and we played for a couple hours, i stayed away from pdx illusion and had some fun with everything else. mostly osis>osis>spiningclip that kinda stuff. then at the end of the night i tried about 30 pdx illusions and stillll didnt hit one. im gonna take tonight off b/c my leg hurts way too much to play.
Every man has their technique, and they are all different......when you know mine.....youll be dead.

Brian Warner

BrianW
BSOS Beast

Post by BrianW » 02 Jul 2004 20:28

I played again last night and had an o.k. session. nothing great, i didnt try any pdx illusion as not to piss myself off. my friend came over so it was mostly me helping him. hes getting clippers which is cool.
Most of my bigger tricks are getting more consistant, i hit ps mirage first try. symp mirages are getting easy. im starting to try drifter and ducking/diving stuff, so look foward to some of that.

oh yeah, feel free to reply with tips or any words of encouragment.
Every man has their technique, and they are all different......when you know mine.....youll be dead.

Brian Warner

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 02 Jul 2004 21:15

it may be best if you take time off until you can adequately move your legs. . . be careful to to really injure yourself. Other than that, its great that your teaching someone else. Just thought Id post words of encouragement ;)

yay!
My name: Jeremy Mirken, AKA Chocolatey Shatner, AKA jerk enemy rim.

I kick it with trunk chef elf and liz luck key my.

BrianW
BSOS Beast

Post by BrianW » 06 Jul 2004 10:59

yeah i took a small break, like a day. on fouth of july i went to some park that was having fireworks. me and a friend were shreddin for an hour or two, and NO ONE joined us. so weird. i usually get at least one person to join when im in public. anyway. i hit some ducking stuff. and drifter. so it was cool.

Brian Warner

BrianW
BSOS Beast

Post by BrianW » 11 Jul 2004 17:35

not too much freestyle latley. i got a job. and met a girl. those take up footbag time. but besides that ive been furthering my practice of ducking. and flipside. im also starting to try double downs. anyway i gotta go, ill continue next time, obviously.

Brian Warner

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 12 Jul 2004 12:07

[quote="BrianW"]i got a job. and met a girl.[quote]

that's like handing in your two week notice.
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

BrianW
BSOS Beast

Post by BrianW » 29 Jul 2004 11:34

haha

Ive been playing almost every day. Maybe not quite almost. Like 4 out of 7 days. I still have a job, and lets not talk about the other thing that was keeping me from playing. Lets just say ill have more time for footbag : (

I hit a couple real clean dlo's. And one was in the middle of a pretty nice run. Yesterday i played with two guys who kinda live near me. We met at the Y. They were real good. especially the one. they helped me get closer to stepping sets. Its a lot easier to just keep moving on with the end of the trick. Example: ripwalk, just do the stepping and even if you dont think youll get the butterfly, do it anyway. i actually came close a couple times. I also hit butterfly>ducking butterfly. I could only play for an hour or so cause it was hot, i was hungry, and started to get light headed. Tonight i think im just gonna spend a session doing consecutive butterflys. and try some ducking on every other one.

Brian Warner