Byrin Wylie

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
B_Man
Flower Child

Post by B_Man » 04 May 2009 21:56

Big Stuff

Just for you.
:wink:

Camaro Shred

Watch the last one with your volume up high :twisted: . Forgot to put this in there, and I worked too hard to not post it, so here is a bonus combo.
- Byrin Wylie

ShrEdmonton

Colin
Flower Child

Post by Colin » 04 May 2009 22:11

That was absolutely disgusting.
Colin Kennedy
ckennedy@footbag.org

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 04 May 2009 22:31

Wow! Ummmm.............I really don't know what to say. Wow!
Wasabi wrote:Footbag is not materialistic; it's about challenging yourself and having fun at the same time.
Josh M.
My Website
Pm me for details about Munster Bags!

Ian Brill
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Ian Brill » 04 May 2009 22:32

Thank you (X3)

Tuukka
BSOS Beast

Post by Tuukka » 05 May 2009 02:00

First off, Byrin you are hitting amazing stuff. Those combos were cool to watch.

I'd like to raise one thought, not as direct critique or anything, more like something to think about.

The concern is about the length of your clipper stalls. Sometimes (for example those dbl spin osis>big apple and marius>montage) your stall is very long. I know that you want to keep your balance and prepare for the next trick so that you can execute it well, but imo the stall is sometimes too long (freeze) and it breaks the flow of the link. So basically in some cases I see you hitting two separate tricks instead of a two trick combo.

For example dbl spin osis (freeze) and then big apple from freeze instead of dbl spin osis>big apple.

I hope I made my point clear.

Also it would be very nice to see a recent video of you, just shredding without any planned drill etc. (Okay there was some in Camaro shred, but I want more ;))

Thanks for the vids, get well soon!
-Tuukka Antikainen

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 05 May 2009 02:30

Oh wow Byrin, behind your calm and graceful exterior, it is really great to see you get some hard music and tear it up, and convince people that you are indeed a serial killer. Obviously there are too many wow's and props to hand out for each single thing to really give these justice, but I assume there will be a volume of people in thanks to make up for that.

Camaro shred was great too, crazy that you can bust 6-6-6-6 into a run...Crazier that the freestyle within your runs has enough variety and bothsided-ness to not be predictable.

I applaud you good sir.
Jay Boychuk

Ian Brill
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Ian Brill » 05 May 2009 05:36

I respectfully disagree with Tuukka on his point regarding the length of your clippers. I find it to have style, relevance (between moves of such magnitude) and authoritative grace reminiscent of a samurai. There are a ton of ninjas out there that would love to parry momentum the way you can. But, only one samurai comes to mind !!!

I just hope your knees are doing alright.

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 05 May 2009 13:34

Byrin, this is the first time Ive been to your blog and I must say that the last videos were absolutely SUPER SICK, so sick that at first I was inspired, now I just want to throw up . What the shit is going on? Where am I? whats a footbag?

Dude, Thank you for your entry in the online comp because I never would have found your blog and these videos that have given me new goals.

I hope your knee feels better man.

ps. I kind of like the pause on the clippers, it shows how solid each trick is, even if it changes the flow. 8)

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 05 May 2009 15:02

Dang.
Well, like everyone else except silly Tuukka (I actually love Tuukka), I have always loved and admired your stalled clippers. Sick. Makes everything look waaaaay smoother and cooler.

One run DEFINITELY stood out for me, and that was:
Fog > fusion > bedwetter > pixie paradon [repeat] > blurriest > blurriest > whisk > pixie paradon.

Umm...seriously.
Thanks for sharing Byrin!
You're such a super hero!

Tuukka
BSOS Beast

Post by Tuukka » 05 May 2009 23:19

Heh,

I actually knew that many people really likes your stalling style. I also admit that it gives impression of full control over your movements. Actually I think it is also generally much harder to hit tricks with that kind of pause.

Buuut I still think it breaks the flow of the combo :)

Anyways this is a style issue and after all style is a subjective matter (as long as execution is clean etc.), so actually you shouldn't really care at all what I think about your pausing :D

Watched the vid through few more times and I must say that those full symposium moves are very impressive. Especially alpine ones. Great great.
-Tuukka Antikainen

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 06 May 2009 18:59

Yeah great videos and some crazy stuff. I agree with Tuukka that on some combos you hold the clippers too long, but I'm no where near hitting that stuff, so take that comment as you will. Really impressive videos anyway, great job :)

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 07 May 2009 19:03

hahaha!!!!!

Upon the final trick of Camaro shred, I yelled, "Yes! Yes! Yes! hahaha!!!"

Fucking eh bud.

Also, those looked like they were edited by you. Your guest editor fell through?
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

Johnny
Post Master General

Post by Johnny » 07 May 2009 19:16

He sure did.
Johnny Suderman

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 07 May 2009 20:33

Super Props.

Cod
Flower Child

Post by Cod » 16 May 2009 08:01

Wow! 8O

The "Big Stuff" video reminds me a lot Jorden's "Huge Tricks" series. And I'm sure a lot of the tricks you hit on this vid are even better than his! I'm impressed! Props!
Michał Biarda (Me-how Be-r-da)

Wiktor
Multidex Master

Post by Wiktor » 17 May 2009 12:02

Amazing skills Byrin! Really impressive.

See you in Berlin!
Wiktor Debski

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 17 May 2009 15:27

Are you going to Worlds, Byrin??

TomTilly
BSOS Beast

Post by TomTilly » 21 May 2009 06:01

Haha, I love the song of Camaro shred (disturbed-ten thousand fists), I always thought that it would be a great music to a crazy shred video :D

The fairy swirling stepping set was sooooo awesome.

Was the last trick a moirius?
Tilly Tamás

"The mistake is not to drop it. The mistake is not to pick it up."

B_Man
Flower Child

Post by B_Man » 02 Jun 2009 20:06

Thanks for the props, I wish I could have gotten more shred on video since I was playing genuine at the time (and I could barely do it now), but whatever. I'll take a Big Tricks video too :lol: .

Have been busy working, and working out (and getting back to reading 'It'by Stephen King), so footbag is still on the backburner. I've been averaging about once a week, though I probably only kicked for a grand total of 4 times last month in total (with a two week break thrown in there somewhere). Today, however, I got an itch to try and break some World Records and get them on film. Some success :). I'll be posting them in the new thread over yonder.

(And no news as to the knee situation either, though they are doing well nowadays).

Hmm, I think I have some highlights, though the only one I can think of is Barfly Swirl, which I think I've been trying for almost 3 years? Maybe longer? Something like that anyways.

EDIT - Tilly, the last trick was Gyro Symposium Miraging Far Motion. Is that Moirius? I'd like to call it Wylie Coyote. BAM GOT MY NAME INTO FOOTBAG! :lol:
- Byrin Wylie

ShrEdmonton

B_Man
Flower Child

Post by B_Man » 16 Jan 2012 18:54

Why hello old footblog. Let me wipe the dust off you...

Where do I begin? I have barely touched a footbag in the last two and some years, instead replacing it with weight lifting. I've gotten pretty dedicated to it, and this past summer I competed in my first bodybuilding competition (weighed in at 164.7, though I think I came on too heavy and not vascular enough). I did pretty good for a newb and placed 4th, and a week afterwards I was back to the dumbbells with renewed vigor. At the peak of my bulk I was a lean 178 lbs; everything was slowly coming together.

2 months ago I got really sick. In fact it was the most sick I have ever been, for the longest period of time. I contracted a virus, which in turn gave me mono, which in turn infected my liver, which in turn upset my pancreas. I lost +20 lbs in 2.5 weeks. I was diagnosed and misdiagnosed about 3 times and I've had more needles then I would like. I was hospitalized the day after new years, though thankfully released in time to come back to university. Now, almost 7 weeks later, I'm still getting blood tests to check on my liver enzyme levels and (hopefully) this week sees the last of my weekly Vit B12 shot. The doc says that I could be feeling fatiqued and weaker then usual for months, and tells me I can't push myself unless I want to regress back into sickness.

Thanks, life.

So here I am, happy to have the majority of my health back but feeling lost at the same time. My first passion, footbag, had to come to an end due to a combination of knee and shin injuries after 7 years. Now I feel like I'm losing my hold on my new passion, weight lifting, after only 2 - 2.5 years and I don't know what to do. I'm incredibly discouraged. I feel as though I've lost all the (physical) benefits that I've gained in those years, and the feeling of starting from scratch is a blow to my mentallity that I just can't seem to shake. I am not a person to give up easily, but this has me at the end of my rope. 'What do I do now' is a question that's been rolling around in my head since I started on the up and up. And unfortunately, I still don't have my answer.

Anyways, I'm playing with the idea to get back into footbag again - I'm only a tad heavier now then I was when I was kicking and with the weight lifting I can hope that my knee issues are a thing of the past. I don't know. I might drop bodybuilding altogether and hit the weights as just an afterthought. We'll see. But like I said, I have no answers. I guess I'll just have to take this decision, like my recovery, one day at a time.

Thanks, blog, for materializing my thoughts.
- Byrin Wylie

ShrEdmonton