Thats my fruit cocktail Nasty Nate

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
shreddaily
Flower Child

Thats my fruit cocktail Nasty Nate

Post by shreddaily » 02 Jul 2004 11:44

The first post in this blog was written as a guest and it said this:
guest wrote:My worlds routine is set. I've been preforming it several times a day and my goals are pretty high.
My shred 30 is doing OK but I'll focus on that next year when I have a bit better shuflle foundation. I know I can pull off a 160 but with the crazy skiilz out there I don't know where that'll get me.

As far as my shred goes I've finaly broke down and started to try throwing in 5's in my runs, with average success. I've still yet to hit/try a six and refuse to do so until I can throw 5 5's in a run on comand.

-------------------------
I didn't mean to post that as guest....
Nate
Freestylin since '02
Last edited by shreddaily on 06 Oct 2010 11:18, edited 10 times in total.

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 08 Jul 2004 13:01

Yeah,
Hit four new 5's yesterday. Working out has realy helped on moves where you have to jump twice, like blurry drifter.

And I got an avatar thanks to C-Fan!!!

Maraxus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Maraxus » 17 Jul 2004 01:35

hit a six pansy
bodybuilda

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 31 Dec 2004 22:04

So ... hope all is well. I had a pretty incredible xmas vacation and I'm going to brag about it.....NOW!

It started on dec 11th when I took a plain to Maryland. .... But when I arived and saw the look on Mr. Irish's face when I unvaled what I had brought it was all worth it. You could almost see your refelction in it.
So I partied it up with Peter Irish, and talked a bunch of shit with Lonn, and hung out with there niece for a WEEK! 5 epic sessions later and all I can remember is pete ended with a 88 contact run that was BOMB! We drank lots of "pursuite of happieness", recamended by some old lady in the liquore store. I would also recamend it. As I feel in my pants pockets I still have a cap left. Lon stiched me 2 bags from 8pm til 4 in the morning, so I love her very much, even though sees such a grown up... :D
Alas my stay with pete ended and it was off to spend time with the family. Luckily Dat called me 2 days into my stay and invited me to Steve Goldburg's house. it was sick playing with Ales again and two square was awsome. Kicking in the spot where Agressive grounds was filmed brought chills to me. and some groovy combos!!! I went back to Steve's a few nights later and watched some weightlifting movies with Ales and actualy got to kck with Steve. He had an epic run! Alesh hit your mom the 2nd time he touched the bag. I went over 30 6 times.
ThenI turned 21 and ordered some margaritas!
Then I went to the SF jam! As I posted in the JTT section there was lots of dank ass shreders there. It was cool to hang with all of them and Felix is ungodly. If there was no Vasek he would be arguably be the best in the world!!!
Instead of going home I stayed with Eric W and Lauren Baum the first night. It was pretty typical. Party, walk,party, drink, party, laugh, party> repeat!!! It was lots of fun using my ID for the first time. A...Thanks Lauren.
So the last day of SF Arehn German showed up, sorry I can't spell. We started kicking at 12:30 and by 1 it was he, me, Sunil, Felix and Chad in a circle, epic epic stuff whent down and lots of others switched in and out. I was one happy mo fo and very content at haveing that be my going away session. But at the end of the night Arehn invited me to stay at his place cause Tu was out of town!!!!! He showed me the town and it got pretty foggy, but then Sunil came over and we played Texas holdem and piggs till late in the night.
The next day instead of leaving I walked around SF and headed straight twords the Heaght -Ashbery district. ... and had a pretty good time. :D At 5 I went back to THE PAD and met up with Sunil and had a going away personal session. One on one, Suil and I kicked away. And it was at the spot on Champions league where Arehen hits gyro whirl>food> crazy move than passes and Vasek hits 5 mobius. I love shredding in spots where videos are from! Sunil ended his day with clownface >31 contacts. i did a 25 contact NO DEX string with inspining, spinnning ducking, and duble spinning.
After that I took the bart back. now I have 4 mudslides in me and am pumped up for the session I am going to have in Portland with Red, Noah and james TOMARROW! should be fun....

PS-I love footbag!
Last edited by shreddaily on 21 Mar 2009 08:58, edited 1 time in total.

Maraxus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Maraxus » 01 Jan 2005 06:51

Happy New Year and Happy Birthday Nate. Wish I could have been there to see it all. See you in 49 days.
bodybuilda

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 01 Jan 2005 12:17

wow, nate, sounds like you got around!!! glad you had a good holiday and happy belated birthday man!
A.G.

ericksonj
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by ericksonj » 02 Jan 2005 09:13

lucky beotch!

Happy 21st baby, hopefully we don't go too crazy now that you can hit the bars with me.

*edit*
Nasty Nate: man, gimme your fruit cocktail

well i can't, if i did that i'd have to give it to you
everyday and, i won't get all my vitamins.

You guys gotta get me out of here! There's this guy Nasty Nate who wants my cocktail fruit, and everyone here likes fresh fish! Then The Squirrel Master came out of left field and told me I'm his bitch!

No. NO. NO!! Devil man! Devil 6-6-6, the mark of the beast! No! Naughty! Naughty jungle of love!
Always Shreddin
James Erickson
Eugene Footbag Association (Orton, Nasty, Me)
w/ new additions (Casey, Alex, Eddie, and Shawnell)

brian relly
fan-tas-tic

Post by brian relly » 02 Jan 2005 11:48

Is Sunil living in San Francisco again?

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 02 Jan 2005 14:46

yes, until june, when he decides where he is going to get his phd. Could be san fran, could be east coast. But hes SFin' it up till then.

BainbridgeShred
Post Master General

Post by BainbridgeShred » 02 Jan 2005 15:50

lucky beotch!

Happy 21st baby, hopefully we don't go too crazy now that you can hit the bars with me.

*edit*
Nasty Nate: man, gimme your fruit cocktail

well i can't, if i did that i'd have to give it to you
everyday and, i won't get all my vitamins.

You guys gotta get me out of here! There's this guy Nasty Nate who wants my cocktail fruit, and everyone here likes fresh fish! Then The Squirrel Master came out of left field and told me I'm his bitch!

No. NO. NO!! Devil man! Devil 6-6-6, the mark of the beast! No! Naughty! Naughty jungle of love!
If I could live in any other city... It would now be Eugene :twisted:

brian relly
fan-tas-tic

Post by brian relly » 02 Jan 2005 15:51

shreddaily wrote:yes, until june, when he decides where he is going to get his phd. Could be san fran, could be east coast. But hes SFin' it up till then.
Totally awesome. I'm most likely going to be in SF during Spring Break.

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 04 Jan 2005 11:52

well I'm back in Eugene and school has started. I switched back to lavers the other day and had a good session with them. They definatly make certain things easier(jumping) and certain things harder(osis). I'll have to get used to not having a clipper rail.
NOT RELATED: my knee is acting up again, it started at the SF xmas bash and hasn't improved much, so I will be on the sidelines for a week or 2. I could shred through it, but better safe than sorry, ESPECIALY with knees. I'll be breaking in the lavers around town in the mean time and when I'm all healed up James and I'll put out a new vid. James quite cigaretts and his game is improving alot.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 05 Jan 2005 02:21

shreddaily wrote:. i did a 25 contact NO DEX string with inspining, spinnning ducking, and duble spinning.
!
I'm so jealous. Huge props on that. Thanks for the fun read too, when blogs are good, they're real good. Happy birthday and happy new year!

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 08 Jan 2005 16:20

Yeah so this instalment will have much less cursing and the only referene to partying will be the fact that I didn't b4 writing this 8O Rest assured the spelling will be as atrosiouse as ever.

Shcool is back in session and I'm finding it hard to stay focused. I should realy be performing for 6-8 hours a day but I put in more in the neighborhood of 2. One completly botched gig should get me back on track though.
I'm very bummed to be at work and not in SF again tearing it up. Both of my ride options fell through. BUT I did get tickets to CSS and found out 2 of my eugene homee's will be coming along!!
SO shred is going well. I still don't feel 100% in lavers, maybe because they are not fully broken in, maybe because they just aren't for me, not sure yet. I'll still warm up in them for a while then switch back to my trusty ultra modified 520s.
I realize I haven't hit a new move in a while. Well, maybe 1 or 2, but I haven't added anything to my repetuar. I am feeling better with a few 5>5s and I seeled up phoenix>blurry whirl>PS whirl the other day. Other things that stick out from my last session were; inspinning clip>spinning ducking clip, and spinning ducking clip>spinning whirl. Those 2 need to be comined. I've been sealing doule spinning clipper up with spinning osis alot. And my shuffle is coming along nicely, I'm stepping out of blurry whirls and I am linking a few more standard shuffle together at the end of strings.
Well thats about all the time I have,
Peace
nasty

sampotter
the boy who lived

Post by sampotter » 08 Jan 2005 19:22

Hey --

About your 520's vs. your Lavers... I play in either Lavers or 300's at the moment and when I play in Lavers I generally feel more agile and light on my feet, but string length is cut due to the utter lack of stability. :( When I'm in 300's, I have much longer strings, but certain moves are hard as the shoes are a bit clunky. How do 520's fit in between the two shoes? (I've owned 520's, but I'm on an entirely different playing level since then, and they're completely trashed now)

Thanks much,

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 12 Jan 2005 23:55

Yeah so I find lavers hard because the base is REALY slippery and no clipper rails. If I took the time to break in the shoes that'd go away and if I was a little more patient I could learn to get along w/o clipper rails. Lavers are definatly the best shred shoe I just have lots more fun in NBs.
So shreds been pretty fun lately. Starting to hit fog and haze a bit. Tech yes gave me a good idea in SF about "reverse" spinning. Its like a inspinning same side clipper, or a crispy in-osis. A combo I want to hit is
reverse spinnning clip>inspinning clip> repeat. I've also been zooming and sonicing alot. I think once I hit a certain point my body won't want to dex anymore and I'd be real happy I can throw all this stuff. I've also been rippin Lon off yet again with the diving/weaving clippers where you leave you support leg on the ground the whoe time. Looks super stylee. Almost forgot to mention inpeeking. Another concept waiting to be tapped into. Oh yeah, toe spinning is my next goal. ducking spinning is too hard for me right now, more schooling is necessary.
DOWN WITH THE DEX!!

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 13 Jan 2005 20:20

DOWN WITH THE DUCK!!!

well not really, it's hard to duck a low set. i have also realized that in a few years my body won't want to dex, so instead of cutting them out i'm beefing that up. i figure once the knees can't take that any more, then i'll switch top ducks dives and spins, but untill then it's full shuffle ahead!
A.G.

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 15 Jan 2005 16:31

ha nice andrew!
The other day: spinning weaving butter>PS whirl>spinning clipper >spinning pdx whirl...I need to nix the spinning clip from that combo.
Drifter>pdx drifter>repeat then pdx drifter>pdx whirl>repeat both for the first time today, one right after the other!!
Some fun spinning/ducking drills:
ducking osis>ducking butter>repeat
spinning butter>inspinnig cliper>repeat.
toe spinning is coming along nicely as well as inpeeking, inspinning ss, and sonic.

(continued).....
Last edited by shreddaily on 15 Jan 2005 17:05, edited 2 times in total.

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 15 Jan 2005 17:03

I'm fairly torn right now. My pixie/stepping whirl/drifter/dd is better than my spinning/ducking whirl/drifter/dd. I'm not sure witch catigory I should work on more.
School is getting hard. I can't just get by anymore in one of my classes. Part of our grade is if we "play out" every week. I need to find some more jams. Should be a good thing but its hard too make time... Yah make time for what yah love, I always say, but I love footbag and partieing so much its hard to fit devoted musician in there too. It feels like three trains are headed straight twords each other and only 2 will emerge. Its obviouse witch one needs to be booted, I just hope it goes down that way.
Going to watch my proffessors play at a bar for the first time tonight, maybe I'll pick up some inspiration.

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 26 Jan 2005 17:07

Well I've finaly gotten back into school mode. We had a gig on saturday and it went alright. I had 2 solos and I didn't get lost on either one :D My compping still needs work. I've been listening to alot of pianists lately, they have so many more tricks than guitarist do as compers. There is also a chick in my English class I've been flirting with. More on that later...

SHRED!!!!
Yesterday was awsome!! smear>smog BSOS(after a dozen contacts too)
phoenix>spinning whirl>contacts...>blurry whirl>mobius. Fog is now mid run vocab. A big long run ending with torque>p whirl>spining butter> spininig whirl. lots of tripless drills like ducking osis>ripwalk>rpt. millimeters from fog>pixie paradon. I've been 4 ball juggling alot too. Mulitiplexing rules.
gunna go have a solo session for the first time in a while. 2 words
SPuh IIIIIIIN!