Thats my fruit cocktail Nasty Nate

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 06 Jul 2008 17:12

The loop pedal is great. It help gives my random improvisations drive and purpose, or at least a rhythm track.

My dogs name is toon and is a yellow lab. Jazz is featured in my next picture along with the new classical guitar I got. lots of finger playing of late... along with some work in a eric johnson tab book... metal and classical were 2 fields I respected but never dove into. i'm changing that now. Alex says my style has broadened, which made me happy....

speaking of happy i found a computer that reads video! this was taken months ago... I'll post a newer/longer video soon.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=xubGgeP6AdU[/youtube]
Last edited by shreddaily on 07 Jul 2008 23:31, edited 1 time in total.

Shawni
Shredalicious

Post by Shawni » 06 Jul 2008 20:38

Nasty nasty!! I want more footage of you soon you're soo good. We should kick together soon, you're soo goood. ^_^ I hit daw>dlo I was happy.
Shawnell Tolliver

professor
Post Master General

Post by professor » 08 Jul 2008 13:15

USO in 3 days! We have to shred at least once there. Also, I've been playing guitar for about 6 years now, but I'm not really good at improv or soloing. Can you give me a couple tips in Portland? That would be awesome!
Ben Skaggs

Amateurs practice until they can get it right.
Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

No, I don't play soccer. Yes, there are competitions. 4 years. Lots of practice.

ericksonj
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by ericksonj » 09 Jul 2008 12:51

Nice run Nate! See ya in a few days...
Always Shreddin
James Erickson
Eugene Footbag Association (Orton, Nasty, Me)
w/ new additions (Casey, Alex, Eddie, and Shawnell)

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 14 Nov 2008 07:49

Modified readers,
I have been kicking of late, after a fairly long break, and that got me thinking it was time to make a post. My computer time has been switched from surfing the FIZZ to constantly checking EBAY for guitars. I love my new guitars ( http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=19233 )and have been playing TONS! I went from playing about 3 hours a week to 3 hours a day recently (and more on weekends). I am struggling to not buy any more new ones. I know when I am old I am going to have tons of SWEET guitars, I can't wait.
The reason I have so much time for guitar of late is that Alex and I have decided to call our 2+ year relationship over. It was a very smooth split and we still spend time together and the such. About as positive as I could have hoped for for such a sucky event in life.
And my job is going well, I just got threw with an interview that will get me into the Manager In Training program, which went very well. Basically just typical "what are your strengths ansd weekness" questions, then an IQ test and a personality survey. I think it went well and by the new year I should be getting a fatty raise! Which means I will be able to stop browsing ebay and start biding!! '76 Les Paul here I come :)
But back to footbag. Things are going well. I still haven't tried many hard moves yet, I need to lose some weight first. but after a few sessions my form seems to be back and all my basics are there. Just a few weeks on focusing on my diet and I should be hitting all sorts of 5s and such. I am not very motivated to head down the "Super unique wacky hacky trick" path I was headed down for a while. At least not yet. Just straight up stalls and dexes. I realise I really like that stuff. Nothing wrong with being a copycat if you're doing something cool and fun.
Yup so that's the summary since my last post. Lots of guitar, no girlfriend, jobs heading towards a career, and starting back up with the kicking. If I stay with it till December I put out a video, but I'll probably be making more posts before that. Stay happy felllow shredders!

Rieferman
Flower Child

Post by Rieferman » 14 Nov 2008 08:37

really happy to see a post from you, I've been wondering what you're up to these days. It's been like 6 months since we last talked?!?
Bob R.

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 14 Nov 2008 09:32

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 14 Nov 2008 09:42

damn dude, that was straight fire.
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 14 Nov 2008 10:07

Ohh shit son!!!!

Sweet guitar!!!!

Sweet sick 3!!!!

More guitar vids + shred vids plz?
Wasabi wrote:Footbag is not materialistic; it's about challenging yourself and having fun at the same time.
Josh M.
My Website
Pm me for details about Munster Bags!

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 17 Nov 2008 10:27

Thanks fellas.
I made an impulse buy the other day... I am very excited, it arrives Friday. I won't say what it is , but it is older than I am!
Kickin is going well, slightly more spring in my step of late which is a great sign. Hope to head down to eugene in the next few days.
I know all-yall don't browse this thread for my inspiring writing style, so here yah go:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zb_Pa3n8jI[/youtube]

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 17 Nov 2008 10:40

Welcome back Nate!

I'm really impressed by your git skills. And the sick 3s at the end are like a cherry on top. I could get very used to this. :)

StyleeRiley
Multidex Master

Post by StyleeRiley » 17 Nov 2008 20:11

Nate! I'm so glad you're still playing guitar and kicking the occasional footbag session! I am currently applying for graduate school at Oregon State. If all goes well, I'll be moving to Corvallis next fall. If I'm not accepted, then I'll be back in Eugene. Either way, we should see to it that we kick every now and then.

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 19 Nov 2008 20:29

i totally skipped the guitar and went straight to the shred.

play some slayer.
A.G.

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 21 Nov 2008 10:41

Thanks for your honesty Andrew. No full shred video 'till December. for now just more pictures that make me happy.

1978 Gibson Les Paul Custom:

And the updated collection:
one more to double digits :D I'm thinkning a Parker Fly or a brazilian rosewood classical.
Happy holidays

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 21 Nov 2008 15:55

Wow sweet, what's the name of your band?
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 09 Jan 2009 16:50

'v been decoratin the room:

I got my promotion.

Lots of air shred of late, not so much real shred. should change soon...should.

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 09 Jan 2009 18:18

nate, you have a GAS problem. Seek help immediately.

about the walls... I hope you're never in an earthquake! between the bottles and the guitar, you'll surely be killed.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 21 Apr 2009 07:57

This page rules!
So around feb I started kicking a bit, focusing mainly on traditional shred. I really started to see some inprovments in my game when I also focused on my diet. Which is nothing new to me. Anyway I was doing great and told myself that by the end March I'd make a killer video. Well I kinda fell off my training and eating schedual and so I figured I just keep kicking for fun and enjoy any small progress I make and not stress about leveling up.
Anywho I'm sure none of you browse in here to read my banter so here is a non-leveled-up video I threw together.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vel74hUjj5c[/youtube]

No constructive critisism needed :P

Anyway I'm headed down to kick with the eugene crew tomorrow which often inspires me to push hard for a few days.. maybe the next time I feel all springy I'll set up the camera again.

Stay happy fizz

SlashC
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SlashC » 21 Apr 2009 09:28

Your links are gold!

Rory "Tophat" Dawson

---

"You can ask a stranger, my legs is fast and danger!"

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 21 Apr 2009 16:45

I liked three. You really have excellent trick selection. I'd love to see more of your game. Even if its completely unedited, I'd enjoy it. Have fun in Eugene.