Thats my fruit cocktail Nasty Nate

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 31 May 2007 19:37

so my footbag aspirations may be slowed just slightly because I made a small purchase today:

ok maybe a big purchase...

YES!!! I finally own a professional instrament, well I've already played it for about 4 hours and I think I'm going out to play a little hack then get back and skool my chops some more.

ANDDDDDDD I may have just landed myself a little side job giving lessons and selling guitars at my local music shop. Played some of my licks and told the owner some of my crudentials and I got an interview in a couple days to talk about my teaching philosophy ect...

cooooool, ok time to go work some dragons or fliers or something.

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 09 May 2008 02:58

BAM! yeah time for a bump, I've put a lot of hours into the beauty pictured above but lately I have been spending more time with my acoustic and learning some fingerstyle paterns and stuff. I think it has diversified my set list a bit.
SOOOOOO.....
life, well, my girlfriend is about to finish a LONG stint studying in Spain so life will be changing drastically soon, but as of right now things are super laid back and satisfying. I work at a employee owned grocery store and just got promoted into the managment, so I plan on being in that company for a while . Plus I like going to work, it flies by. I'm on graveyard shift right now and because of the lack of the afformentioned GF I stay on it even on my weekends, so basicaly I'm a vampire.
footbag, yes footbag...
I play a lot. almost everyday. The only thing is that i never play for more than 30 mins, and i never try hard moves. My body doesn't really like 5's or lots of shuffle, so i don't do it. I've come to terms with the fact that I play "easy" in compairson to todays standards. I like the way 3 adds feel. and I like not feeling sore. SJFF and USO are all the tournaments I need for the year. I want to spend my vacations doing other things at this point in my life.
As far as the getting in shape goes, which is, for me, extremly linked to how well i play footbag i'm currently on a "off" period. I was doing pretty good for about a month a while back, but then had an eye injury, and fell off the wagon, now I'm eating lots of junk and not hitting the gym reguarly. Whatever I'll be back "on" before to long. Which, with some persistance, may make those 5's and shuffle feel better.
modified...
I like pictures. Genuine doesn't sound like good idea to me. At least as far as "only shredding genuine". You know what is genuine, shred 30, and how interesting are those to see on video? not. I think genuine is great as a variety of genres of runs to throw: shuffle, fearless, dexless, big links, long runs, genuine, unique surface, ect... to me a genuine circle would be just as boring as a dexless circle or a shuffle circle. snooze. plus none of the top-shredder-video-posters (which seems to be limited to penske lately) post genuine vids so i don't see it catching on.
speaking of videos.
this one shot thing i think is pretty silly. Its cool that people like it but come one... have any of you been to a tournament? people aren't that consistent! some of those videos smell pretty fishy. especialy the one where it starts with the guy PICKING THE BAG UP OFF THE GROUND?!!?? plus internet videos are supposed to be about HIGHLIGHTS. I never understood when DC was talkin about how people shouldn't film forever for online comps and should only hit things that are on there level... BS!!! The internet is about your biggest baddest shit. if you wanna see consistancy GO TO A TOURNAMENT!
speaking of tournaments and videos. videos have really ruined the way people "crituque" routines/shred 30. Performance is the REAL one shot challenge! when people post "that routine was boring" it makes cringe because they have no idea what performing is about, namely because they never compete. Competion is about handeling pressure and putting on a show. Vasek hasn't dropped in finals in 5 years, thats a champ!
i don't feel like i expressed my opinion on that subject praticuarly well, but who cares. its all cyclical anyway. even the stuff written really well can be complete BS, and poorly written stuff can be great if the point is gotten across.
thats all i got for now. its 3:56 am and I'm gunna go have a kick session and drink a beer, followed by playing some guitar. ohh yes and ESPN I watch lots of ESPN.

Rieferman
Flower Child

Post by Rieferman » 09 May 2008 05:41

You know, since I'm always needy and asking you for vids of your footbag (and since you oblige), now I'm going to be needy and ask you to tape a little guitar for me so I can hear your style. edit: I was going to give you a request for what I wanted to hear, but I changed my mind and I'd rather just hear what you want to play.

Glad to hear things are chill. Also, I love how you're playing footbag right now. It's almost exactly how I'm playing. It took me so many years to play for fun instead of playing to impress by reaching the status quo - I'm glad I'm there, it sounds like you are too (though I'm jealous because you can turn it back on and play with the best whenever you feel like it!)
Bob R.

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 09 May 2008 07:02

You rock so hard, Nasty. I want a video of you shredding with your beauty. :P
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 09 May 2008 08:12

Rieferman
Flower Child

Post by Rieferman » 09 May 2008 14:30

Niiiice. Sweet stuff man, thanks for posting that. Hopefully someday we'll be someplace where I can hear it live.
Bob R.

Maraxus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Maraxus » 09 May 2008 19:35

Nice. Come over and smoke tomorrow night.
bodybuilda

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 10 May 2008 08:25

I set up the camera today.

NO constructive critisim needed :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou73N0T55GE[/youtube]

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 10 May 2008 08:46

Liked that a lot. Have you ever messed around with cloud kicks or cloud stalls? Seems like something that would fit in well with your unique game.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=aQCF1thTlHc[/youtube]

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 10 May 2008 09:22

You're so fun to watch Nate.
I loved the arm bump on one of the last runs :) And the little outside kick.

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 10 May 2008 13:48

nate, LOVED the last two videos! thanks for posting!

DOPE new guitar, I'd love to try it out some day.

Matt
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 14 May 2008 03:45

Ahhh my favorite time of day, 4:30 am...
Well I'm glad people can enjoy a shred video that is 5-add-free. I have watched it several times and am pretty happy with keeping my game low add for a while longer. Anyone notice the first string was genuine? Well I busted out the camera today and caught a 30 something genuine string, but my computer isn't detecting my firewire anymore??? strange...
as for the guitar vid I've watched that A LOT! I really didn't like it a first but now I have found some things that I really dig. I think I need to record myself improvising more often. It really helps me learn what I want to do more and less. I think i need to work on adding space to my playing. Thats one of the hardest things to do once you understand all the notes and scales and harmonies, what and when NOT to play. I'll get there...
yup thats about it, I have been eating good for 2 days and hit the gym, which more than likely helped me get to 30 genuine. 2 more consitant weeks and I'll be back in fighting shape and ready to start busting big. hopefully my computer and camera are liking each other by then.

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 15 May 2008 07:13

I got called into work last night. Gotta love overtime. but alas only time for one shred session today, and minimal jamming. But I have been set on making sure each of those things happen every day. Even when I feel crappy. And surprisingly (or obviously, not sure) I've been feeling great since my diet is back in check. Boy its hard to keep straight at 1 am and all those beautiful energy drinks are staring at me. not to mention everyone I work with eats junk all the time. Anyway I'm rambling, which i suppose is what a blog is all about. that and pictures. next time you click on this link there will be a picture. promise.
highlights??? uhhhh felt good while shuffling, and downtime links seemed to go longer then ussual. still no fives, maybe in june.

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 16 May 2008 19:29

As promised...
looper,wah,distortion,chorus,compressor/susstainer, digital delay
amature jazz box, martin, easton, strat, 80's bass.
I plan on getting a pro level acoustic and rocker, that way i can hang up the martin, strat and jazz box as artwork while having the 3 other toys out to play.
and thank you uncle sam for the tax refund, heres how i decided to pump it back into the economy...
I bought it from a local mom and pop shop where the guy talked it up for over an hour. Good stuff indeed. I'm sure with the gas I'll save, i'll have this thing paid off in under a year.
yeah... well i took a nap today and my sleep schedual is all f+cked up. oh well.
shred highlights.. I had the "dip" really going for me today which made osis links really on. spin osis>dyno>torque, stuff like that. (and by dip I mean really sinking and stalling clippers)
It feels good drinking at the time that normal people drink but I know I'll be paying for it come tomorrow. white wine tonight for a change. ok back to playing the martin with my fingers while i yelling at the refs in the nba playoffs.

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 21 May 2008 10:56

well since no one else said it I will... damn that guitar shot is awesome!!!

:D

Just got back from a night of running the crew at work. One person short and still got everyone out early. I stayed around and chatted it up with the day folks for a bit and had a great time absorbing all the props on the promotion I got. Hell yeah!
Now I am drinking a cold one(why else would I be posting here), whatching ESPN and looking at the sunshine and rain at the same time. I shaved my head the other day hoping it would be nice weather, but alas I'm about 300 miles north of predictable weather.
today will be one of the days i go against my forum name and don't shred.
I went to eugene and hung out with aaron, shawnel and alex after my last post. we had a quick little session but had WAY to much brownie in me so that was that. also saw "grandmas boy" and yeah brownies sooooo... i'll whatch it again. thanks for keeping it the eugene experience right where it should be aaron.
ohhhh and I found a bag that i thought i had lost. a waylon bag. still not fully broke in. i just went and grabbed it and am rolling it cause i my other 2 shred bags have light holes, gunna go check Micheals to see if they have fabric tape, or whatever its called. its super small but i forsee some techy stuff coming into my game in the near future so i'm happy.
thats all for now, might do another text post seeing its my weekend and i tend to go pretty introspective on my days off, but no more than 2 straight before some more color shows up.

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 21 May 2008 11:20

My friend from back home sent me "Grandma's Boy" as a Valentine's Day present. I thought it was a little slow in the beginning so I didn't know if I'd like it, but it ended up being such a funny movie.

Anyway, hope to see you soon. :-)
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 27 Jun 2008 12:39

Life changed a bit since last post. I am now working swing shift, which is very nice as i get the mornings and nightlife if I chose.
Also,
has returned and we have been hiking and cooking and all sorts of stuff I was to lazy to do over the last few months.

I always roll my eyes when people say they played horrible in their last video... so I will skip the next sentence :roll: but really I will be at the US open on saturday and will kick till my legs fall off. Should be fun.

The sun is out and I'm off to enjoy it. I wish my computer liked my camera but it doesn't. ohh well. 'till the open...

Rieferman
Flower Child

Post by Rieferman » 30 Jun 2008 04:11

ha ha, I have a picture of my wife someplace that I'll have to dig up.. because she's posing nearly the same as your girlfriend is above, and they look a lot alike. I honestly did a double take and was like "why's Nasty got a picture of Megan in his blog?"

I couldn't watch that recent vid for some reason so I can't say whether you were shredding or not.

edit: I just noticed the dog in the picture. Can't really see. What kind of dog do you have?

edit2: and what's dog's name? I think you can tell something about people by how they name their dog...
Bob R.

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 30 Jun 2008 09:18

Nasty Nate Freestyles Great! Really liked the vids. That new gitfiddle is beautiful! How do you like your loop pedal? I've always wanted one.

Your dog also looks excited that your girlfriend is back. the look on his/her face is priceless!
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 30 Jun 2008 11:22

I'm so bummed that I can't go to USO. I really wanted to be in a circle with you Nate. :| It's great that you're in fighting shape, and I really loved the guitar video! Brought a smile to my face.

I got one word for you: Style. 8)
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87