Kevin: More and more and more green.

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 10 Nov 2004 17:00

mosher wrote:You said:
"So stupid. The whole concept of pinball, is that you WILL lose eventually, it's just a matter of when."

And this is different from footbag how? :D
I didn't see that post before. Well Tom, it is different because of the reaction.

For example, when I miss a PS Whirl, I don't rip my bag apart in rage whilst screaming.

Also kind of like life! There's a word for it...the idea that we all deal with the fact that we WILL die one day, we know it, but don't let it bother us too much. Terrorsomething. It's in my psychology textbook.
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 30 Dec 2004 22:06

Yo. Christmas was pretty things as usual this year. I got some neat stuff, including the chair I'm sitting in at the moment, as well as Lavers that aren't actually here yet. A harmonica too, which is weird because the last time I even thought about one was when I was about 7, and I found one at a friends house I was staying at. :? :) However, after about 15 minutes I was able to play a bunch of different tunes, Christmas Carols or the Theme to Jurassic Park or whatever. Yay for Ear Training.

Furthermore, I got this thing in my stocking called "The Fifteen Puzzle". It's basically just a sliding puzzle with numbers on it, but it's seriously quality. It's made of stainless steel, it's got its own little carrying case, and it just screams "Bling". The little booklet that comes with it has some interesting stuff too, such as:

- The most fascinating-and baffling puzzle game ever invented.

- There are over a TRILLION possible combinations of the numbers 1 to 15-which should give you a fair idea of how much entertainment awaits you as the owner of a Fifteen Puzzle.

- Arrange a Fifteen Puzzle party (they're the rage in London, Paris, Berlin, Rome, Madrid, and Cairo)-see who can go from one combination to another in the least number of moves!

- The Fifteen Puzzle is indispensible for commuters, convalescents, travelers, puzzle fans-adult or juvenile. You will want one for each member of your household to keep peace in the family.

Yeah, it actually says that. ;) Can anyone from London, Paris, etc. confirm the party thing? That seems really "Not believable at all" to me. And as far as how much entertainment it's offered me, well have a look for yourself:

What's wrong with this picture? :D

So aside from Christmas, as far as I know Byrin and Rory are coming out to my place tomorrow for an all-night shred. Should be good times depending on how my hip holds up. I'm going to be taking it easy for pretty much the whole night, staying away from the tricks I know will aggravate my hip. I think we're video-ing...I don't know. Yet.

So there's no twelve, if you didn't catch that earlier.

:wink:
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 30 Dec 2004 22:14

I, two posts up, wrote:Also kind of like life! There's a word for it...the idea that we all deal with the fact that we WILL die one day, we know it, but don't let it bother us too much. Terrorsomething. It's in my psychology textbook.
Questions about the ultimate meaning of life and death are a critically important part of our existence, and of the humanistic perspective. According to terror management theory, and innate desire for continued life, combined the uniquely human awareness of the inevitability of death, creates an anxiety called existential terror. To defend its members against terror, each culture establishes its own "world view." This cultural construction of reality, which often includes some notion of an afterlife, confers a sense of order, permanence, and stablity on life, and establishes standards for attaining "a sense of personal value and some hope of literally or symbolically transcending death".

INTERESTING :)
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 31 Dec 2004 06:03

Wiggity Whack!
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 31 Dec 2004 06:16

Can anyone from London, Paris, etc. confirm the party thing?
yup, the "15 puzzle" is the new black here in Paris. Crazy parties, very underground stuff, cops everywhere are cracking down on them..

hehe, it was a craze, but back the came out (early 20th century I believe)
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

Mathochist
Multidex Master

The 15 puzzle!

Post by Mathochist » 01 Jan 2005 08:32

For the curious, I have a factiod on that 15 puzzle. There's no 12, but the 14 where the 12 should be sort of is the 12. That is to say, the two 14s are not identical; they're unique. If you don't believe me, label them somehow and then try to switch them. You can't switch the two without also switching two others, although if you did somehow, and were also playing footbag at the time, I'd certainly qualify that as a paradox add.

Hooray for math nerds and footbag geeks!
My favorite trick is knowing when to pass.
Rob Creel III

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 08 Jan 2005 20:45

Soooo...I have some pretty pictures to show y'all. They're a bit bigger, so I send my apologies out to those on dial-up onowayonowayonoway.

These are the installation disks for the game "Alone in the Dark". A classic, the first 3d adventure game ever...and a huge classic in my family too. Hell yeah I'm a freakin' nerd. :)
Disk 1.
All four disks.

This is another frame I picked up at IKEA...I put www.toothpastefordinner.com's Drew in it, showing his wide range of emotion.
The whole thing.
Closer up.

And finally, an actual picture I found at IKEA.

Serious. :D

I need to get ready for work now...I worked last night from 11:30pm until about 10:00am, and I've got the same shift ahead of me tonight. Looks like I'll be reading some more of The Da Vinci Code, probably not as much footbag, I'm more tired than last night. Well, at least it's money.

I'm a big fan of eating.
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

david
Senor Buttercup

Post by david » 09 Jan 2005 09:36

cool!
david

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 12 Jan 2005 13:52

Check this out. I knew my Lavers were lighter, but I decided to weigh them compared to my Pumas:
http://qphox.perpetuality.ca/graphics/Pumaweight.jpg
http://qphox.perpetuality.ca/graphics/Laverweight.jpg
:)

Sorry for the large size.
Last edited by qphox on 14 Jan 2005 00:38, edited 1 time in total.
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 12 Jan 2005 16:53

You have lavers????

I overheard a saucy rumor that you finally hit bsos clippers too!
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 12 Jan 2005 19:23

Once, yeah. It was kinda a fluke. Also, I was alone, so no one can back up my claim. :wink:
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 14 Jan 2005 00:37

After reading Ken's post in the Montreal blog, let me apologise for 50% of the shit I write in here NOT pertaining to footbag in any way. It's just kinda how I am as a person. I'm spontaneous and random...but not all the time. I'm kinda spontaneous AT random. For example, I went to Ikea today and bought this light fixture thing that can project an image using lenses and shit...let me take a picture:

So I figure I could cut out the flipsider logo out of some tin foil or something, project it on my floor or wall. *shrug* Just an idea.

But back to footbag...I think i need to start stretching after sessions, because I'm remaining sore for far too long after a hard shred. I'm going to do that next time we kick. Hopefully Byrin can make it down sometime soon.
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 14 Jan 2005 04:39

Ikea is Swedish... don't buy anything from there!!! :evil:

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 14 Jan 2005 09:54

Hm?

IKEA kicks ass. I had supper there too: 10 pc. swedish meatballs. Such a winning meal.
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

Blue_turnip
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Blue_turnip » 07 Apr 2005 01:49

once upon a time there was a tasty bit of cheese called Nade, ("edan" backwards). Boy he looked good - until i ripped of his head and feasted on his soft, supple insides... then he became tasty
Oliver Adams

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 25 Jul 2005 11:57

Curious as to what you are hitting......
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

SlashC
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SlashC » 25 Jul 2005 14:17

Kevin is hitting on the lady at the sausage stand. :wink:
Rory "Tophat" Dawson

---

"You can ask a stranger, my legs is fast and danger!"

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 21 Aug 2006 17:11

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 21 Aug 2006 19:39

Sweet.

ahaha, I actually laughed at Rory's post too. I never saw that before. Totally an inside joke, so don't worry about it.
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 24 Aug 2006 23:59

I just played for an hour for the first time since rolling my ankle two mondays ago. I played for awhile in shoes, but my ankle started feeling a bit weak, so I went barefoot for a bit. It went alright, but I didn't hit shit.

This is the only highlight...not really anything special.

http://www.shredmonton.com/media/bsbarefoot.avi

WOO BSOS.
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.