Montreal Footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 26 Dec 2004 20:08

I'm happy for you
also unrelated: my printer just jammed printing sewing patterns, even tough I got the whole paper out it keeps thinking its jammed..
Mathieu Gauthier

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 26 Dec 2004 23:36

Last edited by acxel22 on 04 Jan 2005 07:55, edited 1 time in total.
Mathieu Gauthier

Laroche
Footbagger.

Post by Laroche » 27 Dec 2004 02:45

Did you make it out of a t-shirt??
Nicholas Laroche

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 27 Dec 2004 08:02

yea, an old cradle of filth t-shirt.. used group members faces as the material :D
It's an all gothic bag !
Mathieu Gauthier

Laroche
Footbagger.

Post by Laroche » 27 Dec 2004 08:27

You listented to Cradle?!?! I NEVER would have suspected it. They do good live shows.

BTW, off topic, with 3000 views, this blog will reach the NEXT level of sickness, which will be.. sick. Thats about it.

Chilly Philly, 6 days. WTF i cant wait.

LATA

ps: MY CD IS FINALLY FINISHED!!!! You can pick a copy up at Chilly Philly for a measely 5$ (candian or us, i dont care, i just want one bill). It has 21 songs boyz n galz, though admiteddly some are rather short.
Nicholas Laroche

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 27 Dec 2004 09:14

Nick did'nt you ever see me wearing my cradle sweatshirt?
What kind of music you tought I was listening, I know I'm really mysterious and reserved... but I tought it showed !
Mathieu Gauthier

Laroche
Footbagger.

Post by Laroche » 31 Dec 2004 05:07

Here we go, leaving for Chilly Philly on the leanest budget ever (10 US for the weekend..)

People better buy my CD, i hate being poor like that, it stresses me :cry:

I CANT WAIT TO GET THERE!!!!!!

LATER!!

8O :D 8O
Nicholas Laroche

Laroche
Footbagger.

Post by Laroche » 03 Jan 2005 22:57

Chilly Philly was cool, im glad I got a chance to hang out with all my buddies that I dont get to see very much. The shred was cool, I didnt play good at all, but thats ok.. I dont think I hit any new moves, but I hit some fun combos over the course of the weekend. Big props to felix for the win, and for donning the pope hat and the wooden spoon and them "BAPtizing" me by hitting me on the nose with it :D

I want to skool harder so I can be good some day. And I still think my combo, though it should not win due to THE, is harder then the other two, but whatevah, ill bust harder next time, I guess. Dont forget to keep your camera ON Mathieu :wink:

ps: I cant wait for page 10. so that big-ass image doesnt ruin the text-size so i dont have to scroll to the right constantly.
Nicholas Laroche

Posi-Cole
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Posi-Cole » 04 Jan 2005 09:22

Laroche wrote: I want to skool harder so I can be good some day.
It's really annoying when people who clearly are really good at footbag claim they 'want to be good some day'.

Seriously Nick, you're in BAP, that means that not only are you good, you are one of the BEST in the World. Stop writing that you want to be good someday, you already are. A ton of people would be so happy to have as much skill as you do, so be thankful.
Cole Hobson

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 04 Jan 2005 09:54

no shit, I would like so much to be as unskilled as Nick :D
Mathieu Gauthier

skankin
Multidex Master

where are your shred sessions during winter??????

Post by skankin » 04 Jan 2005 15:47

hi montreal crew

we saw each other a few times this summer and in august, Im from Sherbrooke, Im wondering where are you shredding this january , because I can only shred during week-ends for the next 3 weeks, and Im really looking forward to shred with pro shredders. If you could please write me back.....thanx

Jippe

james
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by james » 04 Jan 2005 18:21

Yo you simply must shred with me, I am the master of disaster. I live on the island (in Lasalle) and I'm willing to shred anywhere anytime, I'm also available this weekend. I have a place to shred too, but it's in lasalle (cegep andre-larandeau).
There is also going to be a jam on thursday (same place) if you want to come to that.

Call me at (514) 367-0369
James McCullough

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 04 Jan 2005 19:05

Hey james at wath time is the thursday jam? I'm in iif its not too early!
I got to go to st-jean-sur-richelieu to sign my contract, should be back in montreal around 3 or 4pm
I'll give you a call tomorow
Mathieu Gauthier

james
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by james » 04 Jan 2005 19:12

the jam can start anytime after 4pm and last until 11pm. Whenever people want to go.
James McCullough

Laroche
Footbagger.

Post by Laroche » 04 Jan 2005 19:15

What jam? Where? Andre laurandeau?

edit: Ok i actually bothered reading the end of your post james. Ill TRY to be there.
Nicholas Laroche

Outsider
Ayatollah of Rock n' Rollah

Post by Outsider » 04 Jan 2005 20:07

A ton of people would be so happy to have as much skill as you do, so be thankful.
I liked Nick's line. I'm sorry to inform you, Cole, that you might feel the same way no matter how good you get. With footbag, I'm sometimes frustrated, and never satisfied, but also never bored. There is always some part of your game (actually, several) that you are not done pushing or perfecting. Its a blessing to never be done with learning to play footbag, to never be finished getting good at it. Scratch that. I wish I were just perfect right now...

Oh, and big props to all of Montreal Shred for representing at CP. I was really glad so see all of you, and so many of you (some I hardly knew, and hardly met. Sorry. Next time...)
"The time has come to convert the unbelievers..."

Jonathan Schneider --- sometimes showers with his Lavers on (to clean them)
The Ministry of Silly Walks
NYFA
BAP

Posi-Cole
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Posi-Cole » 04 Jan 2005 21:04

Outsider wrote:
A ton of people would be so happy to have as much skill as you do, so be thankful.
I liked Nick's line. I'm sorry to inform you, Cole, that you might feel the same way no matter how good you get. With footbag, I'm sometimes frustrated, and never satisfied, but also never bored. There is always some part of your game (actually, several) that you are not done pushing or perfecting. Its a blessing to never be done with learning to play footbag, to never be finished getting good at it. Scratch that. I wish I were just perfect right now...

Oh, and big props to all of Montreal Shred for representing at CP. I was really glad so see all of you, and so many of you (some I hardly knew, and hardly met. Sorry. Next time...)
I know, and I understand. That is what's great about footbag. It was just the way Nick said it, I mean, personally at times I consider myself 'good' and I'm miles behind Nick. It was just the wording of it... as there is no two ways to cut it, Nick is GOOD. If he had said "I want to skool more so I can get better" or "perfect so and so" or "really raise my game" or something similar, than the line wouldn't have bothered me, but saying he hopes to get 'good' either seems like he's fishing for compliments or pick me ups, or is really just blind to his own skill.

At any rate, good luck with your skooling Nick ... hope you get where you want to be.
Cole Hobson

cclaudia
Shredaholic

Post by cclaudia » 04 Jan 2005 21:42

close your eyes.... it prevents you from reading whatever you don't want to read.
Claudia Gucciardi

james
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by james » 05 Jan 2005 01:11

GO CLAUDIA!!

Oh snap.

I'm afraid I'll have to agree with Mr Hobson on this one, Nick is already good, but if he wishes to get BETTER that's perfectly correct.
James McCullough

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 07 Jan 2005 15:22

Kolon cannot get is place for us to shred on sunday so maybe we can go to cegep andre-laurendeau again?

note to claudia: I did a search on the internet and I cannot find hacky s....
Mathieu Gauthier