Eugene, Oregon Blog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Hulk
Circle Kicker

Post by Hulk » 18 Jan 2008 11:09

Alright, it's a deal. I will be there at 3:00pm Saturday. No bullshit. I have just been adjusting to my new schedule at school, lifting weights at 6am every day, battling a cold(wednesday), and in general just being a total pussy. Sorry man.

No mowah! Eatz thyme to DO IT NOW!

I will be there, if not, you can burn my house down. *hand shake*
He is a transformer........Now can I get a double bicep shot for duh lady right he-yuh? Calm on, CALM ON! DO IT! DO IT NOW!!! - Casey Smith

Shawni
Shredalicious

Post by Shawni » 21 Jan 2008 22:52

Hey, last session was great! I'm so glad that Casey, Alex and Toby showed. It kinda sucks that Alex hurt his ankle spinning but hopefully he's alright by Wednesday. Toby is making some serious improvements and Alex smoked us in our little mini comp.

I'm looking forward for a full crew session again! Aaron and I went to Alex's after the session because we weren't done shredding yet and found a really effective way to improve on tilt-less skills, hopefully we can do that again. It was kinda like a rip and run style thing and it's tons of fun.

I'm still working on my foundation skills but hopefully we will all be in good shape by the time spring break rolls around for CA. Oh, we also found a great shred area by Cold Stone, perhaps we can shoot some footage for a new Eugene video there?

Maraxus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Maraxus » 21 Jan 2008 22:57

Shawni is awesome.

She'z comihn fow youh

Hit rev up > pheonix last session, and a run with both whirrs, and the combo pdx whirl >spn whirl > spn whirl > spn osis > pdx blender mid string.
bodybuilda

Evileddie
Circle Kicker

Sorry

Post by Evileddie » 22 Jan 2008 13:48

Sorry man I'll try to be more reliable but I've been sick like 3 times in a row in the last month. I should be there Saturdays more consistently. And one day when I get a working car I'll be there Wednesdays again.

Hulk
Circle Kicker

Post by Hulk » 23 Jan 2008 14:24

He is a transformer........Now can I get a double bicep shot for duh lady right he-yuh? Calm on, CALM ON! DO IT! DO IT NOW!!! - Casey Smith

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 23 Jan 2008 16:21

Rev-Up>Phoenix is super styley Aaron!

Think you can repeat it?
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Shawni
Shredalicious

Post by Shawni » 23 Jan 2008 21:32

OMG Casey what a picture man!!! Cool session guys. ;)

Maraxus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Maraxus » 23 Jan 2008 21:33

Maybe, I'll try.

Todays session was the best one this winter. Everyone showed up but James and we had a nice bunch of competitions that Eddy walked away victorious at. I almost had flurry a few times, and Im starting to zoom np again. I'll post footage this spring, peace.
bodybuilda

Maraxus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Maraxus » 27 Jan 2008 18:24

Great last session guys, lets keep it up.

Props all around to Alex who beat Eddie out on two consecutive Horse games, even with a handicap!

Nothing new for me but bubba beater > eggbeater barefoot. That was sweet.
bodybuilda

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 02 Feb 2008 17:27

Aaron early in the morning, after a night of drinking

edit: sorry, didn't realize how big this picture was
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Maraxus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Maraxus » 03 Feb 2008 00:56

Hahah

Nice, that was the best of times....

Anyway, great session today because James showed up for the first time in three weeks. Alex and myself both hit some new stuff today, which was awesome. In fact, I may have hit my best sick three ever too! Alpine Blurry Whirl > Ripwalk > Superfly. Just a fun day with a lot of good stuff, hopefully we'll get footage out soon. Zeb I need my tapes back!
bodybuilda

ericksonj
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by ericksonj » 04 Feb 2008 09:28

yeah that was a pretty fun session. I finally hit spender and a clean pixie dod.
Always Shreddin
James Erickson
Eugene Footbag Association (Orton, Nasty, Me)
w/ new additions (Casey, Alex, Eddie, and Shawnell)

Maraxus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Maraxus » 09 Feb 2008 23:31

Today was the first outdoor footbag sessions since November.

Alex, Shawnell, James, and myself attended and everyone did something new. Alex is getting awesome, hitting all sorts of new threes and fours. Some of his moves included spinning clipper, ducking clipper, ripwalk, whirl, toe whirl, paradox whirl, butterfly > ss butterfly bsos, and osis > infinity. Shawnell, only one and a half months after getting footbag shoes is hitting up to nine clippers, eight alternating clippers, swirl, clean ducks, spinning toe stalls, osis x 3, infinity > osis > infinity, and osis > ss butterfly!

James has been showing up to sessions on saturdays, which is nice because its good to have someone push me as hard as he does again. We both hit long shuffle strings and easy stepping ducking today. What's more, James is finally playing in the quantums he bought in seattle. He says he likes them a lot but require even more breaking in.

New stuff for me:
Paradox tapping barfly
Ducking Scorpions Tail
Blurry Whirl > Blazing Butterfly
Blurry Whirl > Blurry Whirl > Blurriest
Blurry Whirl > Spn Whirl > Gyro Mirage
Flurry
Blizzard > Flail BSOS
SpikeHammer > Pheonix
Fog > Blackula
Pixie Down, Pixie Paradon, and Blurriest all in the same run

Losing twenty lbs for a bodybuilding comp seems to help a lot.
bodybuilda

Maraxus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Maraxus » 10 Feb 2008 20:40

Portland next Sunday

Confirmed List:
Shawnell
Eddy
James
Myself

Casey/Alex/Toby?
bodybuilda

Shawni
Shredalicious

Post by Shawni » 12 Feb 2008 22:48

Dudes, I'm sore. Ouch. However, the session is on Wednesday and I'm totally excited for it! Aaron is teaching a footbag class at LCC the day after the session on Feb. 14th. What a Valentine's Day gift...to the WORLD! Aaron bought 8 new sandmans for the beginners, which was my first footbag, and I'm sure the class will go fabulous.

My new favorite move is Swirl just because it's the sickest move I've got and I can't wait to improve it on both sides. I really want to learn Whirl and Illusion. Doing two moves at one time is hard for me. Stepping is hard also but I've done that a few times.

Alex is so GOOD and it's good to see that he's improving so quickly! I'm so pumped for Portland I know we all will do fantastical. ;)

Maraxus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Maraxus » 13 Feb 2008 00:43

Shawni check out video forum for Pips video
bodybuilda

Shawni
Shredalicious

Post by Shawni » 15 Feb 2008 11:45

I changed my avatar! Yay.
Shawnell Tolliver

Shawni
Shredalicious

Post by Shawni » 16 Feb 2008 11:17

We all learned Dyno last session. Sweet. I love Dyno.
Shawnell Tolliver

Maraxus
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Maraxus » 16 Feb 2008 16:39

Yeah, Dyno is a great move for anybody to dial down. I need to work on my consecutive dyno's. Anyway, new move for me last night at Alex's pad. Fairy Gyro Illusion, super clean and deep. Yay me, now it's time to make that illusion an eggbeater, woot.

2% Bodyfat to go. Bring it on. Hopefully shredding in P-Town will help me out with this.
bodybuilda

Shawni
Shredalicious

Post by Shawni » 17 Feb 2008 10:45

WAHOOO!! Portland here we come!! Omg I'm so excited. All of you that come you have to post and say what's up! ;P I can't wait to shred, taking Saturday off to rest almost killed me.
Shawnell Tolliver