The sandmans footblog yo

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.

in 30 days I will...

Have givin up on freestyle
19%
Still be trying to hit clippers regularly
31%
Have progressed to more difficult moves such as Butterflys and swirls and shit
31%
Be progressing at a fast pase
19%

Total votes: 16

sandman420
Shredalicious

The sandmans footblog yo

Post by sandman420 » 08 Sep 2004 20:53

Here is my blog. This one mightb e interesting to some of you since I am a highly experienced circle player, and I have JUST started freestylin'. So this blog will be updated frequently and you will be able to see my progression from day 0.

I consider today to be my first official day stylin'.

I spent the better part of yesterday scouring the town for some Rod Lavers alongside my roomates bi-sexual polygomist lover that was visiting us. Got 'em at DSW on clearance. It was the only one left and it fits good! Nice I been dreaming of this day for a while now and finaly found some lavers locally.

Got home and then I immediately began the modding process. I cut the toe strap stitches and spent almost 3 hours trying to lace the damn things right (stoned). I did infact do a little shredding yesterday, but not for very long as I was anticipating cutting the canvas from the insides.I dont know why I just thought that since I went this far I may as well go all the way you know, and wanted to start all the way. I began practicing clippers and leg overs...actually i dont think its called a leg over its just a toe stall-toss it up-and circle the bag with the same foot and toe stall.........what the hell is tat called?

Anyway I can already hit that move I been practicing it for a long ass time just in the circle. However the clipper gives me some difficulty. I hit it about 20% of the time. I was only practicing my right foot though. :roll: i know i know but i wanted to at least get one side down and then move on to the other....Maybe this is a bad idea i dont know.

So today rolls arround. My lavers were dry from soaking them last night to get the glue loosened up on the canvas. It took me about an hour or so to finish cutting the canvas out, but i finaly did it. They seem to be a little lighter but thats about it. Ehh.

Then I was all excited and wanted to kick...but alas I couldnt find any of my 5 hacks. So I had to run down to the zebra head and buy a new damn 32 panel HERO bag for 13 bux. Its ok I guess. Kinda puffy but i think she'll break in.

Finaly got home and tried to do some real actual practicing for the first time. I was dead set to just really practice on learning the clipper. I practiced for a good hour or so and was hitting it about 20-30% still. Ongoing.

Arround 4 or 5 I walked down to the UNT camppus/fry street area to A. Get a beer and B. Start a circle.

I actually got a circle going pretty fast. First one other guy then 2 more joined. One left and lo and behold another arrived! They were decent circle players that really werent hitting any tricks. Well this one guy played like bruce leee or some shit. But it was pretty lame. We played for about 30-45 minutes before the circle fell apart. Really a decent show. I was hitting various stalls and a few clippers and leg over dillys that i do. Players were impressed with my skills. I talked about start a Denton TX area footbag club and 2 guys were really interested. So this should be more common now hopefully.

I really wanted to play more but this girl that Ive recently been getting friendly with was SUPOSED to come over to my house sometime so I went home and waited for her for a while. She finaly called me back and said that she was at her house doing laundry and studying and that she was in a bad mood or some gay fuck off shit.

Sooooo I pissed all that time away waiting for her bitch ass to not show when I coulda been shredding. I dont know man I havent seen this girl in like 5 days now, I think she might be bailin on me :( which sucks cause shes pretty hot and cool and open minded and what have youz. Been getting lots of sex lately from various girls but havent had a g-friend or even a girl i would conisider to be my g-fiend in over a year and a half.

So that sucks. I dont care really, she dont shred!

Peace in the middle west, Im about to go back to fry street and see if any local yocals want to kick my sack.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Re: The sandmans footblog yo

Post by C-Fan » 08 Sep 2004 21:14

sandman420 wrote: My lavers were dry from soaking them last night to get the glue loosened up on the canvas. It took me about an hour or so to finish cutting the canvas out, but i finaly did it. They seem to be a little lighter but thats about it. Ehh.
The purpose of cutting out the canvas isn`t to make the lavers lighter, but rather so you can feel the bag better on your foot. If you cut out the canvas, the only thing between the bag and your foot should be a thin layer of mesh and a thin layer of sock. So this way you have more control over the bag because you can feel it better on your foot.

Good luck..... dude (put your full name in your signature) :wink:

sandman420
Shredalicious

Post by sandman420 » 08 Sep 2004 21:26

i put it in there now but i cant even see my signature.... Its on auto signature in profile but its not showing up for some reason

lightningbolt
Nothing Vulgar

Post by lightningbolt » 09 Sep 2004 10:34

Glad to have a new freestyler on the borads!

If you still need help laceing them here a link: http://worldfootbag.com/catalog2/showgroup/clothing# and click on lacing mod. Don't worry it's hard the first time...

IMO, Hero bags suck. I have two and one more rolly than a crocheted piece of crap and other is okay for circle kicking but not for freestyle. I recommend a Mr. sandman or a Abhsire, But you know this, I belive.

Good Luck, you can do it! :D

EDIT: and for the Signature, that a little box that you check at the bottom of the oage that says : "Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile) "
I think I going to take over Canada. You should help.
Get Firefox!

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 09 Sep 2004 11:14

For the Signature - make sure that your Board style (from Profile) is chosen to SubSilver. With that Signature works.

sandman420
Shredalicious

Post by sandman420 » 09 Sep 2004 12:00

OK is the sig working now (test)
-+=Ryan "The Sandman" Edwards=+-

-..,-=(peace in the middle west yo)=-,..-

splatdome
Shredalicious

Post by splatdome » 09 Sep 2004 15:42

i think your legover thingy ur talking about is an around the world. www.flipsider.com has a great selection of videos of different moves, so you can find out there for sure. good luck!
Justin Johnson
ministry of silly walks

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 09 Sep 2004 16:59

It is nice to meet you, work on your basics and kicks for starters and for clipers bend your suport leg, this will alow your clip foot to have more front space witch alows you to have a flatter cliper, word of advice with the girl thing.... girls suck, i would pick pizza, footbag, or a bowl over chicks, and what i like to do is waiting for calls i take the phone with me out from on the street and shred and when it rings just pick it up, dont wait around for them. and if ur worryed about looking good for them not wanting to be all sweety, screw them, i have them come over an learn how to kick, and if they dont like it... they watch. thats a date

habitat
Post Master General

Post by habitat » 09 Sep 2004 18:24

zachatree wrote:girls suck, i would pick pizza, footbag, or a bowl over chicks, and what i like to do is waiting for calls i take the phone with me out from on the street and shred and when it rings just pick it up, dont wait around for them. and if ur worryed about looking good for them not wanting to be all sweety, screw them, i have them come over an learn how to kick, and if they dont like it... they watch. thats a date

Word Bitches!!! :wink:
James Randall

sandman420
Shredalicious

Post by sandman420 » 09 Sep 2004 19:12

Who the hell voted that i would have quit footbag in 30 days!

Anyway, today was another day another dollar (or lack thereof)

Woke up at like 3:00pm :roll: Wow. What a waste of a beautiful texas day.

Finally got out to fry street and did some shredding, mainly by myself. My roommate did stop by and kick a little. Im tryng to get him into freestyling as hes a good circle player. He's a little skeptical though :?:

Skooled clippers and atw. Started skooling more clippers on flipside. Hit a few flipside, and quite a few strong side. Also skooled actual legovers and hit several times. Was pleased with my performance I supose. Tried to get these 2 hippie chicks (hot) to play but negatory on that.

I lost my fucking cell phone while shredding (left in on the bench) but turns out this chick found it and Im going to go meet her in an hour to get it back. She sounds hot :lol:

It was fun all in all. Tried to quit smoking cigarettes today to no avail. Tomorrow is another day. Unless I die. In which case tomorrow means shit.

Also I believe my HERO bag sucks ballsack and wwish i dint spend 13 dollars on it :( I want a Mr. Sandman. Its my soul mate! I guess Ill order one online or maybe try and find it locally.

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 09 Sep 2004 21:17

ok, I will be honest, I am the second dude that voted that you will quit within 30 days. I didn't even look what the other options were, or who posted it, I just wanted to vote for that.

Now after having read through your whole blog I have confidence in you.

Do it man, really fucking do it. Why the shit not right? I mean, at the very least you will have some new insane talent to show off to people.

I like your idea of keeping track of your freestyle career from day zero, that is so smart man.

If you quit I will be disappointed in you.

The only words of wisdom that I feel need to passed on are: WORK BOTH FUCKING SIDES!!!

I CANNOT stress that enough!!!!

I wish you the best of luck in your venture, keep up the good work man![/b]
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

sandman420
Shredalicious

Post by sandman420 » 27 Sep 2004 00:22

Havent updated in a while. Sorry, I really should have cause Ive made drastic improvements.

Tricks ive learned in the last week or two: Leg overs (both sides 95%) Mirage (both sides 90%) clippers (both sides 99%) butterfly (80%) ducking in between moves, pendelum (50%) and I think a few others that I cant remember right now. Is it something different when you do a leg over type move from a clipper?

I found out that this guy I know freestyles, hes pretty good! Also he is friends with this guy that is totally bad ass in freestyle and he taught me some pointers and were all going to the 2004 Texas Footbag Tournement and chillin in austin next month.

Im moving along at a pretty fast rate I would say. Someone name some moves for me to start schoolin I dare ya!

I havent smoked grass in like 5 days now and its killing me. I did go on a drinking binge for 8 days, which ended tonight (i didnt drink tonight) and Im glad to kill that one.

Peace out

innersmile
Multidex Master

Post by innersmile » 27 Sep 2004 00:41

Hey dude,
Here are some moves I think you should work on:

Clipper stall
Consecutive clippers
Alternating clipper/clipper stalls

and Osis, the coolest thing ever...

peace,
8)
Greg

Have love; will travel

sandman420
Shredalicious

Post by sandman420 » 27 Sep 2004 00:43

definitely got the clipper stall, consec record is at 4, alternating at a measly 2 before I fall over

ill def work on that osis

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 27 Sep 2004 07:26

The legover thing from clipper is probably far legover.

If the clipper foot also does the legovering then thats what you are doing.
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!