Footbang fo' life

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
james
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by james » 23 Jul 2005 22:57

Thanks Mathieu, I really appreciate your support :)
I'm looking forward to playing with you this August when you get back from europe. How's the disco inferno coming along?

On another note, I am completely wasted. I've been having a pretty good time lately. I got smashed and danced with pretty girls all night thursday. I even hit a very drunken PS whirl.
Haven't played since then but I think I have more control these days.

We'll see what happens in the near future.
James McCullough

james
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by james » 01 Aug 2005 17:05

Just a lil' note

While waiting to get picked up I hit blurry whirl>whirling swirl first try BS.
It was hot.
James McCullough

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 03 Aug 2005 03:50

goonits coming soon!
im home on thursday.. if my stuff from afrika as arrived it means I can bring them to ya!
also got a worlds tshirt so you owe mesome money for it :)
Mathieu Gauthier

james
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by james » 12 Aug 2005 23:23

Being having some up and downs in motivation. I tried playing last week and my timing was so off I couldn't do anything. At that point I thought to myself 'I don't want to play footbag anymore'. And I really didn't. But then I realized I can't stop even if I want to. Just for the fact that I devoted so much time into it and that it keeps my cardio and lower body in shape.
In any case I played intermittantly the last few days and slowed things down. I felt really in control playing slower, timing things just right. I finally hit blurry drifter>blurry whirl on one side (touched the other) and it was very controlled. I think my mobs are going to be solid very soon.
Gonna try to tear it up tomorrow.
James McCullough

james
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by james » 15 Aug 2005 22:00

bla bla bla.

Had one of those sessions where you almost hit a lot of things...almost isn't worth posting.
Nonetheless I feel better playing now. The only thing I have to remember when I play besides keeping my cool is to always watch the bag until I see it land on my foot.

Heh, almost hit my first 5>5>5. Lam-o it's so standard these days...I need to get up date. It's like nothing I do is good enough...need...more...

Footbag moves are like Pokemon.
Pdx torque is at least two times as hard as mobius.
Today I decided that whirlwind is a very sexy move.
I think osis is the most amazing move ever.
I can't wait to play in GOONITS.

Hopefully I'll be satisfied with my results enough to post some shred tomorrow.

paeeece
James McCullough

james
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by james » 19 Aug 2005 03:19

Ho boy, had one of the worst sessions EVAR! I knew it would be from the way my kicks felt but I played anyway. So after about 45 min of training different concepts I decide to hit my flip fog. And I couldn't. But I refused to not hit it so I kept trying over and over and it was not working. I was trying from hand toss and from kicks. I must have been at it for twenty minutes. I gave my water bottle a thrashing and almost tore up my footfighter. I try my good side once, and nail it like cake. It's not like I've never hit the flip, there really shouldn't be reason for this incompetance. So I'm near exhaustion but I'm not stopping till I hit it. Then just for the heck I do dimwalk>flip fog so perfect. I was very angry. At least I was able to go eat supper finally.
As much as I whine I realized that you should never take the ability to play footbag for granted. Because the other day my random injury syndrome kicked in and my knee started acting up. Hopefully the pain will discorporate shortly.

There's always this battle of knowing I can be amazing and thinking I have no future in the sport.
Ah well.
James McCullough

james
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by james » 21 Aug 2005 18:06

Touched montage.

Also wiped out on a bike at high speed. Pain. Hip is fucked.
James McCullough

Laroche
Footbagger.

Post by Laroche » 22 Aug 2005 18:49

JAMES!! Wiped out?! That sucks hard man, when are you going to be better? Can you still play?

Props on touching Montage too, btw
Nicholas Laroche

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 22 Aug 2005 19:26

ok James.. simple
HEAL FAST!
GET BACK IN MONTREAL FAST!! or WHEN??
I WANT TO PLAY WITH YOU!
i miss those casual french swears :cry:
Mathieu Gauthier

james
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by james » 25 Aug 2005 06:03

Fear not my brethren, I will be back in action shortly (and swearing too haha). Did I completely miss Josh Benham?? Goddammit. What the hell is wrong with me?
The hours and the days just slip by and I don't even know wadafuck is goin' on.
I'm tempted to play today...is there a shred at PDA? If there is can someone bring an extra pair of shorts for me?? hehehehe.

On an unrelated note, why must women torture me so? What with their undulations and soft soft skin and ripe, round bosoms.....
James McCullough

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 25 Aug 2005 08:06

6 PM at place des arts
BE THERE.
Mathieu Gauthier

james
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by james » 28 Aug 2005 18:10

YESSSSSSIRRRRRRRRRRRR. My timing was ON today. I felt it right away. Mmmmmmmgoood.
I had to get out and shred with Nick, Mathieu and Koa. It had been over a month since I played with anyone!
Mathieu has improved his game immensely since the last time I saw him, which was before he left for Gabon. His style looks way more controlled now. I knew it was one of his off days cuz he kept saying 'caroliss' but he still impressed me. His ducks and dives are no longer disco inferno, but that's a good thing hahaha.
Koa has also improved since I last saw him, I guess he's been practicing more often. String length has improved, he was close to ducking butterfly b2b.
I'm partial to ducks can ya tell?
Nicholala was incredible. I love watching him play, the links are solid and you never know what's coming next. I can't even remember what he was hitting but it was fives, zooms and tough links all over the place, very few bails. Whirrs like butter. And I saw his whirring swirl, hot stuff. There's a reason this guys in BAP.

And me? I did aight. Played the way I should be playing.
I told Nick before we left that I was gonna go for some fearless today. We were playing and I dropped some tries on a 5>5>5 and Nick says to me 'hit blurry whirl>ps whirl>ps whirl right now' and I did. It felt great, like a barrier has been shattered (like when I was able to hit osis after three years of playing :evil: ). Shortly after I hit:
blurry whirl>blurriest>ps whirl>spinning whirl
mmmmmgooood. It was very controlled.
Other highlights:
-blurriest>blurriest
-blurry drifter>pdx blender (flip)
-quantum op symposium whirl (FUCK YEAH!)
-zoomed mobius
-decent shuffle, decent string length

DATS IT DATS ALL FOLKS!

EDIT: I forgot that I hit In Little Apple!!!
James McCullough

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 28 Aug 2005 21:53

James is soooooooooooooooooo goood now... props props props!
Mathieu Gauthier

james
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by james » 13 Sep 2005 20:09

ok, finally hit my pdx torques bs tonight. It felt like magic. And it was due to Lowrider's tip of jumping into the move ASAP. My flip wasn't as pretty but i'm still not used to the motion on that side.
I had worked out prior to this session and my legs felt like jelly from the first toe kick i took, nonetheless everything i did felt on. Like i have a solid feel for the bag being on my clipper and i can do what i want from it. Still working on ripsteins...this move is freakin' hard, specially on flip. I need some tips, something key.
i'm also working on barraging...what's funny is that my good barrage is my BAD barraging set. I think i'll hit my first janiwalk by this sunday. Hard set though.

more updates to come

paece
James McCullough

acxel22
Post Master General

Post by acxel22 » 30 Sep 2005 19:09

your fake GG GG OG GOOO GONUTS have arrived james!
Gather 25$ and you get them with your fabulous Worlds T-Shirt!
Mathieu Gauthier

james
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by james » 03 Oct 2005 19:43

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Well I took like two weeks off from playing because I've been loaded with school work and because I dunno, just didn't feel like putting the effort in. I felt like I'd lost it all...but I didn't hahahaha! But I still have to get the edge and push the edge to where I need it to be. Especially since KICKASS is coming up soon (though I'm unsure about transport just yet because of school and all...).
ANYway so here's some new stuff I hit:

tomahawk>spinning whirl
maelstrom bs
void bs
and....dum dum dum dum...my first seven....MONTAGE!!!!

OHHHH YEAHHHHHHH

All I have to do when I play is imagine that I'm a ninja...

Oh yeah mathieu you rock, I can't wait to get G'd up. We'll shred this weekend.

Peace my brethren
James McCullough

qphox
Bullshit Detector

Post by qphox » 03 Oct 2005 20:33

I hit osis bs(twice in)os first try, first time in G's, HAVING NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE. They are magical shoes.
- Kevin R.

F = G*((m1*m2)/r^2)

Know thy enemy.

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 03 Oct 2005 21:02

KICKASS!!!!!

Props on the 7. I still havn't hit a legit seven, I should work on my spinning ducking..

I can't wait to shred with you again dude. :)
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

james
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by james » 05 Oct 2005 20:53

Had another good session tonight. I just felt more solid on the simple stuff, and it gave me hope for the future.
New stuff:

-spinning osis>ripwalk
-symp whirling swirl
almost got this drill both sides:
-legbeater>blur>tapdown>blur>legbeater>blur>tapdown....I really like this drill for some reason.
-very close to swirling and barraging sets

But this sesh was more important for the feel of consistancy...it's slow but it's coming.

Can't wait to shred with you Tom :)
James McCullough

james
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by james » 01 Jan 2006 23:15

New Years resolution: Start playing footbag again.
James McCullough