Rochester, New York Footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
mc
Modifiend

Rochester, New York Footblog

Post by mc » 14 Sep 2004 15:01

Hey, I had a personal footblog, but I didn't update it much. I figure that if I make one for all the Rochester players, it will get more updates and cool posts.

2 hour session today with Aric, Shady, and New Steve at the end. lots of long strings on my part, a good one drop 30 second shred of mostly 4s, some 3s and 5s. I hit flip e-walk (inspired by Aric). Good times. Lots of people walking by thinking it was cool, we had a few cute girls stop and watch... that ALWAYS makes me shred better and longer, without exception. We need more cute girls at sessions.
Last edited by mc on 29 May 2009 14:48, edited 2 times in total.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 20 Sep 2004 05:49

so I went to boston for the Freedom Fest in boston commons... there was supposed to be 50-60 thousand people there... no admission, and minimal law involvement. I was going to go and shred to make back the gas money that it takes to get there... and it rained. so, instead of 50,000 people, there was 50. :/ Still just enough to get a little crowd going for a shred demo, though. 15 minutes of shred scored me $20... man I wish there'd been so many more people. I'm going to work on my consistency super hard for the next year so I can shred super long and super smooth, and then throw in the extra hard moves here and there... I WANNA BE NASTY NATE!!!

next year, freedom fest... next year... I'm gonna clean up.
BRICK!

nyfa

KronoKicker
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by KronoKicker » 21 Sep 2004 10:41

At Matt's request:

And while I'm at it, yesterday's shred went fairly well, hit my first flipside magellan, and had one impressive run in front of a cute girl :D, woo, which included the usual shuffles that I do followed by slapdown>pdx mirage> E-walk. Unfortunately she seemed unimpressed, but somewhat interested in the sport all together. After the session I also hit a strong side schmoe.

Will definitely be posting some more action pics (including: E-walk, swirl..) after me and Steve quit being so lazy.. :?
Aric McIntosh

KronoKicker
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by KronoKicker » 22 Sep 2004 15:54

9/22
Nice 3.5 hour session with the normal crew + Chis D. Today was a better day for me finally sealed blender and hit smog first try. Lots of nice strings with the normal pixie shuffling with quantum thrown in here and there. Hit E-walk almost on command every time. At the end of the session I had several nice backside frantic sets, but didn't hit anything out of it yet.

Looking forward to this weekend when Mosher arrives!!
Aric McIntosh

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 22 Sep 2004 18:03

what today... LONG session, as Aric mentioned. had one run with whirligig and blurry drifter both BSOS. I hit forque for the second time. Chris Dean hit fairy drifter and was really close to atomic drifter and almost finished rubberman. he's really coming along. Tom's coming on Sunday to film and hang. it's gonna be good times.
BRICK!

nyfa

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 23 Sep 2004 20:15

my gunits came today :D soooo nice...
I'll wear them to the sunday shred, and will finally get all the way through rubberman (on tape!)

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 24 Sep 2004 22:49

Watch out now (do-doo doo do-do)

HERE I COME YAAALLLLLL
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 28 Sep 2004 08:24

the mosher session was pretty sick. Chris Dean's new G-Units looked pretty sick for freestyle; I want a set of them for myself... I'm also considering getting some leather lavers to make some Mosher Shred Socks. You buy really small shoes, cut off all the leather and the first 2 eyelets, lace normally, and shred on. or 520s. I kinda want to try those too.

These new Jorden videos are getting me inspired to try some weird tricks. I've been working on slicing set and reverse slicing. I got an awesome clean phasing set the other day, too. It's like wonton, only you lean over it a little more.

either this computer screen is jiggling a little bit, or i'm still hung over...
BRICK!

nyfa

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 28 Sep 2004 14:30

good solo sesh today. i hit atomic swirl and atomic rev swirl (both non-symple), atomic twirl, alpha toe blur both sides, and spinning clip x3 both sides. I can't wait to be able to spin. I think I hit a gyro mirage in there as well. I didn't do strings at all today, but all the drilling helped. today was the first time I've ever tried consecutive spinning clippers. I'll have to keep it up; I'm so bad at working on the stuff that I'm not naturally good at, so that's kinda kept spinning and ducking / diving out of my game up 'til now. time to do some real work ;)
BRICK!

nyfa

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 28 Sep 2004 18:54

I've been pretty sore the last couple of days (from that bomb-ass session on sunday) so I've been having short, light sessions recently, just working on particular concepts instead of shredding very hard.

I wasn't able to do atomic sets at all today. I just haven't been able to find the strength... partly from being tired plus im getting kind of sick. However, drifters (even toe drifters) are somewhat becoming a bail now, which is encouraging. Pdx whirls are getting easier, as are spinning and ducking. I was hitting spinning clipper>ducking clipper>repeat with ease. I need to smooth out my game and make it less monotonous (pixie this, stepping that, butter/osis/mirage the other thing), so hopefully these tricks will give me some more variety.

I'm feeling better in my new gunits, but they still feel bulky to me... I'll write a more detailed review in ellis's thread.

KronoKicker
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by KronoKicker » 28 Sep 2004 19:28

Matt you should definitely work spins/ducks/dives into your shred, makes your game just that much more unique on top of all the weird/cool/unique stuff that u already do :D

My legs still hurt from sunday.. that was a long session.

Drilled a lil bit with steve the other day, hit blurry pickup, flip paste, blurry legover for new stuff. Recently discovered how much i like doing pickups, definitely going to use them more in warming up and in my shred.

*new drill clipper set pickup, pickup, clipper, repeat.
Aric McIntosh

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 30 Sep 2004 05:57

still sore from my super solo session the other day, I'll have to go home and loosen up the hips before I kick today. We had a decent session at RIT yesterday. I don't recall any new moves or anything, just a fun little shred, followed by a few killer, bitchy rounds of four square. we had a few hack players stop by and step in, and despite the frustrating nature of 4square when you're just getting started (and you're not that amazing at hack to begin with), they stuck around for a round or two, and got a few points. Danner kicked me square in the forehead when I went for a head spike (spikes on). that was a good laugh. I thought I'd come up with an indefensible attack when I started using paradox whirling drops to score on / out people, but Aric foiled me with a toilet stall right under the dex. Aric is the fake-outer from hell. he scores on me so much with that stuff. I'm just going to start kicking his foot when he does that over my square and force contact.

actually, that leads me to a good question, audience. Is it permissable to force contact over your square?
BRICK!

nyfa

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 30 Sep 2004 14:13

I would say yes. Someone else's foot has no place in my square. Plus, I've always seen four-square as a game where the cleverer player manipulates the rules to his benefit.

good practice today. I hit:
blurry drifter
flip paradox blender
spinning osis>spinning osis
alpine legbeater
rubberman with an extra atomsmasher (drop)

anyone wanna shred on sunday? 8)

Slippur
BSOS Beast

Post by Slippur » 30 Sep 2004 18:09

chris dean wrote:I would say yes. Someone else's foot has no place in my square. Plus, I've always seen four-square as a game where the cleverer player manipulates the rules to his benefit.
And the more clever player says "hey wtf you can't do that"
Andy Chumbley

steeban
Shredalicious

Post by steeban » 30 Sep 2004 18:57

i guess i'll use this foot blog thing after all...

i played at nazareth with pat today. we both were on our top game and it's been one of the best sessions i've had in a long time. theres SO many girls there, its like an inverse of RIT's campus :lol: i was hitting longer than usual strings, which baffled me. throwing in DLOs and drifters into my runs made some girlies go 'oh wow!'

my atomic set just kind of worked like magic today... hit a string of legbeater > p mirage > tapdown > p mirage> atom smasher > busted a fat nut in my shorts

sessions like that make me feel good about life, no joke
'just live till you die'

Steve Gale

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 30 Sep 2004 22:21

chris dean wrote: anyone wanna shred on sunday? 8)
aye.

phat string steve. keep busting. can't wait to see more.

call me about sunday, chris. nice tricks on your part, too.

m
BRICK!

nyfa

KronoKicker
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by KronoKicker » 02 Oct 2004 00:19

Short session today with a large break for some 4-square. Didn't hit any new moves but got some nice strings in. Paste > Paste > run, almost had sidewalk > ripwalk (rpt) finally.. but pulled the butterfly on the last ripwalk(doh!!). Best of all I landed quite a few blurry whirls which is defintely cool.

Hopefully a big session on sunday where I seal side > rip (rpt) and Pheonix > blurry whirl (first 5>5).
Aric McIntosh

KronoKicker
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by KronoKicker » 03 Oct 2004 14:02

10/3/04
Session with the crew + Chris Dean.. What a shitty day... all of us were having one of those days. Runs were impossible all my normal strings were just not happening.. After a while things got a lil better, finally hit sidewalk > ripwalk (rpt) and managed to land a few new moves. Flipside toe blur, strong side terraging clipper, and footed lots of new stuff, which I will hopefully land soon:
matador, barfry, original bs toe blur
Aric McIntosh

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 05 Oct 2004 14:13

Its fall. Today was the first indoor shred of the cold season, so I won't be freestyling much in the fresh air until spring. However, I do like using the raquetball courts, it's like my own private mini gymnasium.

today I hit matador bs, worked on gyro mirages, and drilled some spinning/ducking stuff. Pretty good day.

Darkshredder
Egyptian Footgod

The Greatest Day of our lives

Post by Darkshredder » 05 Oct 2004 19:11

Captain's Log: October the 5th. 2004. The day which will live forever in our minds. . until steve can hit ducking quantums and I can hit symposium whirls like Vasek.
The following were struck by my super modified shoes:
1) Drifter
2) Sidewalk
3) Smear
4) Blur 8O
The following were ridiculously close:
1) Blizzard
2) Smudge
Pat Thomsen
Syracuse, New York - The connecting point to footbaggers in the NE and Canada. We make pancakes and air conditioners.