David

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Just call me hagesy
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Just call me hagesy » 15 Feb 2008 14:31

watched your video david. inspirational is the word that comes to mind. Keep on being you big guy.
Anthony Hagen

Buy O'wheel Bags, he is the man, trust me.

"It is none of my business what other people think.

david
Senor Buttercup

Post by david » 16 Feb 2008 02:22

5:10 A.M

The tiredness is only in my head so far. It is on the sides of my brain, like two hands pushing the two lobes together until they slightly protest. My body feels fine though, my fingers are quick and my shoulders are still holding their weight, not sinking like they should be if I was truly tired. My night is now my morning.

I watched Ianek's new video. Very cool, unique. Watched that Yogan kids video too, he has a lot of crank and I think he kinda relies on it which I guess can only be suspected.

Watched the usual suspects today, a kevin spacey movie from the late 90's I think. Pretty good plot, great ending, I don't think I would recommend it though. It's just too much buildup for an ending that really doesn't shock you as much as I think the director wanted. Like the story all comes together in 2 minutes but I wasn't really shitting myself even though I wanted to. Maybe I wasn't smart enough for the movie, I'm not sure.

I also saw Boiler Room the other day, which is from the early 2000's I think. Very solid, really meshed with my interests in sales and shit, showed the dark side of the stock trade and such. I really recommend this if you're into business or movies about guys making a shitload of money in sketchy ways.

I also saw Memento last week, which is a great movie and the best out of all three of these. I feel like just talking about it would give things away so just go rent it and you'll like it, but be warned it is not uplifting, and you won't get any ass if you watch this movie with a girl. She'll probably be bummed out and you will be too. But its good nonetheless.

Why so many movies you ask? Well I'm taking a film class for my minor and its renewed my interest in films and watching them for subtle things like mise-en-scene, cinematography, pretty much any basic film class stuff you might've picked up in a college intro class. My minor here is media studies, which basically is an umbrella for all media and their effects on society. It is a great minor.

I saw Will Ferrel (a famous american actor/comedian) the other night. He was with 3 other guys (demetri martin, nick swardson, zach gilifanakis) and the show was pretty solid. It was sold out (like 20,000 seats or something) so that was cool. Lots of dumb humor about drinking and stuff, which I think is an easy laugh for a college crowd. I liked martin the best, he did a lot of unique stuff with drawings. Anyway, I would recommend youtubing all the guys except for swardson.

So yea, that basically sums shit up. Perhaps I should get some sleep. I really like sleeping when I need the sleep, not when it is just because I need to do stuff the next day. Like, in the summer I can sleep in my own schedule and I feel like my body gets exactly what it needs. One day I would like to study sleep and how much I really need, see if things like oversleeping are really bad for you, etc. I always wonder what is the optimal sleeping situation/playing situation for footbag. Bevier always says he would play better at night because his senses would be heightened, and I think he might be right. I'm not sure.

I'm going to make a video of me playing genuine because annsi wants higher level players to do it, and i think its a good idea.

Alright, have a good day/night.

david
david

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 16 Feb 2008 02:46

Brilliant! Can't wait.

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 16 Feb 2008 10:02

yeah dimitri martin is one of my favorite comedians, its pretty sick you got to watch him, will is pretty funny too, but sometimes i think he gets a little over played. Still pretty funny though.

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 16 Feb 2008 10:44

skcor otnemem
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

david
Senor Buttercup

Post by david » 17 Feb 2008 10:29

I've been alive 7167 days. I feel bad I missed the 7000 mark. I'd rather celebrate that than my birthday.

When you think about how many days you've been alive it has some weird impact. I don't know if it makes me value a day more or less.

Thanks to sam for the idea.
david

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 17 Feb 2008 13:12

Whaaaat? When were you born? I quickly counted 7154... :wink:
Olaf Piwowar, My Footblog

david
Senor Buttercup

Post by david » 17 Feb 2008 14:48

June 30th, 1988.
david

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 17 Feb 2008 16:05

Hmm, me Juli 18th, 1988.

One of us made a mistake (~5 days). Are you sure you're 7167 days old (it's Monday in Poland already, so I'm 7155 now)? Did you count the 29th Februarys?
Olaf Piwowar, My Footblog

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 17 Feb 2008 16:17

He's at 7172 according to this website Matt gave me.
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

professor
Post Master General

Post by professor » 21 Feb 2008 09:25

Demetri Martin is a genius comedian. I think you would really enjoy his "If I" video. It's part comedy, part introspection. Very interesting.

First part is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiFng_ZxS1M
Ben Skaggs

Amateurs practice until they can get it right.
Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

No, I don't play soccer. Yes, there are competitions. 4 years. Lots of practice.

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 21 Feb 2008 10:09

professor wrote:Demetri Martin is a genius comedian. I think you would really enjoy his "If I" video. It's part comedy, part introspection. Very interesting.

First part is here:

I didn't laugh.
Ben Rea

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 21 Feb 2008 13:20

David, I'm sitting next to a person that looks exactly like you, here at Hunter College in a computer lab. I nearly yelled and screamed "David!" :P
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 21 Feb 2008 21:50

Omg I'm 11905 days old! I'm totally gonna celebrate 12k baby! Thanks dave!
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

Paul Agostinelli
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Paul Agostinelli » 22 Feb 2008 03:24

BenRea wrote:
professor wrote:Demetri Martin is a genius comedian. I think you would really enjoy his "If I" video. It's part comedy, part introspection. Very interesting.

First part is here:

I didn't laugh.
so?

i posted in the video thread, but i want to say this here too, that was an awesome mini-documentary, i think its the best and most succinct explanation video ive seen. you cover everything, and the editing is such that it allows non-footbaggers to process the information incrementally, just like actually learning to play. i think a second video is in order that outlines a few more complex tricks so those whose interest is piqued by the first one would have another step in the footbag progression to look at.

movies are amazing, i took a few film classes at my old university and i really enjoyed them. i particularly liked my film and society in asia class. i saw a slew of movies i probably never would have seen before, all artistic masterpieces rivaling the best directors and actors of any western film.

boiler room is incredible, i saw this while i was studying acting, and all i could think about was how convincing the actors were, and how insanely conflicting it is to play characters like them.

genuine shred.
since the day i understood what genuine meant, i have thought that it is the only goal i absolutely have to obtain during the time i play footbag. there is nothing like genuine shred. nothing.

keep on keepin on. and for (insert important character's name here)'s sake keep playing footbag.
Precisely Mos Eisley

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 22 Feb 2008 08:30

Paul Agostinelli wrote:
BenRea wrote:

First part is here:

I didn't laugh.
so?
Wait...so...it's like a comedian that isn't supposed to be funny?

I've never heard of that.

He had some interesting things to say, I'm going to agree with that. But it wasn't funny in the least bit.
Ben Rea

Colin
Flower Child

Post by Colin » 22 Feb 2008 11:07

*sigh*

The point of the "so?" is that you butted in unnecessarily on a conversation. Ben thought that Dave would enjoy the clip - this doesn't have anything to do with you. It could be that you know Dave well, and know enough about his tastes that your post was relevant, but it probably would have been worded differently in that case.

HI DAVE HOW'S THE FOOTBAG GOING? I HEAR YOU'RE PRETTY GOOD NOW.
Colin Kennedy
ckennedy@footbag.org

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 22 Feb 2008 12:45

Woops, sorry, I didn't know there was a law against irrelevant comments.

By the way, I think my comment was completely relevant. I'm sorry I had to share my opinion.

SO Dave, are you going to be at GRASS? It's been a while since I have played in front of you but all I can say is that every time I do I begin to shake...

:oops:

I remember at Ithica you pushed me to do B2B ducking clippers. It's been a long time now that I think about it. I think you were the first one to get me motivated to be both sided, thanks!
Ben Rea

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 23 Feb 2008 20:55

i'm looking forward to the genuine strings video. i tried playing genuine a few sessions back, but i wouldn't last very long, and the strings were always the same. you've got a really solid game with a very large variety, i think you could throw down some seriously difficult and interesting strings. looking forward to it!
A.G.

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 27 Feb 2008 05:36

Hello Mcfly? Are you fucking there!?!?

DO SOMETHING WORTHWHILE DAVID!

edit: I'm having a shitty day so don't trip. But, there must have been a reason I posted this. The universe works in mysterious ways. Get kicked in the ass. Go get into a fight. Go hit on some girls. Go on an adventure. Go Streaking or something. DO SOMETHING THAT IS OUT OF YOUR BOX THEN WRITE ABOUT IT.

Or just be a pussy.