Munich Footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
ebo
Unexplained Bacon

Munich Footblog

Post by ebo » 11 Oct 2004 13:49

This is the collected works of the Munich Footbag Crew.

I'm reposting the blogs of Max, Daryl and me to get a more complete
blog.
Last edited by ebo on 23 Feb 2018 01:16, edited 7 times in total.

ebo
Unexplained Bacon

Post by ebo » 11 Oct 2004 13:50

Hi

it is certainly a good idea to keep track of progress. So I write up my impressions after sessions here and what I hit. Due to the 7 tests I still have to write for my study, my shreding is limited to only one hour maybe in the evening.

Goals I want to achive this summer:
(Ordered from top priority to lowest)
1. Get my inifinities down to al least 20 in a row.
My record now is 9.
2. School osis a lot!
3. Get my pixie set so far, I can use it midrun!
4. Having an easy time on drills like: Butterfly > Osis > SS Butterfly ...
5. Drill Steeping SS anything
6. Hitting Ripwalk > Ripwalk

New tricks I hit recently
Pixie SS Osis
Pixie SS mirage
2 Flipside DLO in a row
Clipper set DLO

6 July 2004
I just wanted to have an short session to get my mind of maths and physiks. When I met the 11 years old neighbor boy. I know that he is totally into soocer. And I asked him if he knows footbag and showed him some tricks. And we ended up kicking together, him practising toe delay > toe delay, me drilling flip illiusions It was fun and I gave him one of my older bags so he can play at home. We want to kick again the next days.

Any comments are appreciated

Max

ebo
Unexplained Bacon

Post by ebo » 11 Oct 2004 13:51

9. July 2004
Just had a short session and I'm now returning to my desk.
The neighbour boy played with me again, he almost hit ATW. Then there came some other kids (I play opposite a playground) so these kids trie toe stalls and staff. It was nice to watch them but it kept me of shrding hard. Anyway it was to warm and sultry today.
The highlights were:
Pixie Legover > Smear
Cliper set DLO on my flipside
Ducking Clipper > Ducking Clipper

Tomorrow after my tests I want shred really hard!
When do u have time Ebo

MAx

ebo
Unexplained Bacon

Post by ebo » 11 Oct 2004 13:52

12 July 2004
Bjoern (Ebo) and I had an nice session in a gym we share with some jugglers. The wooden floor ther is pretty good but somewhat slippery.
After warming up my stomach begann to hurt really bad, I think it's because of all the stress my exams give me Anyway I had a quite solid session but I could have been a lot better without the pain
At the beginning my pixies worked pretty well on both sides, and I started a couple of runs with pixie moves (Smear Pixie Legover, Pixie Illusion).
I drilled osis > butterfly and infinities midrun, stuff I really want to get down in the next time. I hit Clipper set DLO BSOS, wich was cool + toe set DLo midrun. Yeah and the (hopefully) clean I hit on the first try was satisfactioning too. At the end I practised some whrils.
From 19th of July I want to play at least 1 1/2 hour a day and finally learn all those basics until I can do them on my head.

ebo
Unexplained Bacon

Post by ebo » 11 Oct 2004 13:53

sNale wrote: wrote:
Yeah and the (hopefully) clean eggbeater I hit on the first try was satisfactioning too.

Hmm no edit button here.
P.S. I would really love to read any comments, tips or whatever you guys want to reply in here!

ebo
Unexplained Bacon

Post by ebo » 11 Oct 2004 13:54

13. July 2004
I just had a quick shred session with my sister here in my room. The space here is really limited But we mainly schooled pixies.
Beatrice hit pixe legover on both sides + her first pdx mirage But only from one side.
I hit pixie legover > pixie legover a couple of times. Thats it nothing special.

ebo
Unexplained Bacon

Post by ebo » 11 Oct 2004 13:54

16. July 2004
ahh Ebo and I just had an awesome session! After learning 6 1/2 hours of physiks (I know I'm exaggerate saying this) we met to kick some bag.
First we started warming up at a playground in my neighborhood, but soon all the kids kicking around their soocerballs without control annoyed us so we moved on. We then played on a sidewalk right by my old elementary school.
I didn't drill at all and just shreded is up I hit a lot of Butterfly > Osis > Infinity Combos, all kinds of, except for SS Butterfly those give me still a hard time. One nice Combo was Butterfly > Osis > DLO. It feels so good that my Osis are slowly but steady come alonge now! About three weeks ago I was so upset about my Osis, I thought about just to continue footbaging without this trick! Ahh and at the beginning I did maybe 10 Infinities, I didn't count but I'm sure that was a new record for me! After maybe 90 minutes of playing we set up my DV Camcorder. We both have been quite tired then but we still managed to hit some nice stuff. Bjoern (Ebo) hit Pixie Ducking Butterfly. I hit some nice runs, one starting with Pixie SS Osis
Another good thing about that session was that I hit Pxie Legover midrun.
Ok that all I remember on the top of my head. Hopefully we will play again on Sunday.

ebo
Unexplained Bacon

Post by ebo » 11 Oct 2004 13:55

I just want to add that I really love the Footblog section !!! Thats such an good idea and totally inspiring reading other peoples logs!
This forum MUST be archived!

ebo
Unexplained Bacon

sNale wrote:12 July 2004

From 19th of July I want to play at least 1 1/2 hour a day and finally learn all those basics until I can do them on my head.
sounds pretty good to me. I'm all for it!

bjoern

ebo
Unexplained Bacon

18. July 2004
Ebo and I had a nice session at the "Feldherrenhalle" thats a sigth right in the heart of Munich. I hit nothing special.
But I forgot to mention that I hit Backside Smear for the first time at our session on the 16.7.2004 :)

ebo
Unexplained Bacon

Post by ebo » 11 Oct 2004 13:56

19. July 2004
We (Bjoern, my sister Beatrice and Marco) just had a good shred session.
The hightlights were: Bea hitting 10 clipper on here flipside and 9 Legover!
I finally manage to link Pixie Legover 3 x :) + I hit 9 or 10 Infinities.

ebo
Unexplained Bacon

Post by ebo » 11 Oct 2004 13:56

21. July 2004
Beatrice, Bjoern and I met for a shred session on a sports ground of an school, near Bjoerns place. Unfortunately the care taker told us that is a total exception that we can play there but we should not come there again ever :( Anyway the shred was good, Bea did some nice runs, including a lot of clipper set moves, in one run she hit pixie legover! Go sister :)
My legs were really sore so I just kept drilling Infinities and Osis, both tricks are coming along really well most of the time. But not as solid as I want them to! I tried this combo Clipper > Ducking Clipper > Far Butterfly > Double Legover and hit it :D Next time I try it starting with the other foot. I also schooled some Flipside DLO and Whirls.

ebo
Unexplained Bacon

Post by ebo » 11 Oct 2004 13:57

25 July 2004
On this sunday we had a funny session at the "beach" :) Basicly it was just an party organsied by a radio station. They put 30 tons of sand on a untilled area 5 minutes from my place. And there were a huge tent roof (may be 25 meters in diameter) hung down from a crane. Beatrice, Bjoern and a friend of mine who just did his first ATW that day, played there for approximately 90 minutes. Shreding in public with music on is so much fun!
The one and only highlight for me was hitting Clipper > Ducking Clipper > DLO. I had terrible headaches :( I still was a good session + my sister managed to hit PDX Mirage BSOS, I'm really proud that her game improves well! So long...

ebo
Unexplained Bacon

Post by ebo » 11 Oct 2004 13:57

28. July 2004
Bjoern and I had session in a park near to my place. Actually the session was pretty lame... my legs were sore for no reason, I first thought, BUT then I was thinking of my new Longboard :D wich I use to get around town since last saturday. Its a lot of fun! But back to footbag... Bjoern hit some really nice ducking combos! I hit nothing new except for this one combo: Smear > Legover > Smear > Pixie Legover > Pixie Legover

ebo
Unexplained Bacon

Post by ebo » 11 Oct 2004 13:58

30 July 2004
My sister and I just played for maybe an hour on a sidewalk next to our house. I drilled infinities and Osis, nothing special to mention. But Beatrice hit Smear for the first time with. And then with both feets in that session :)
So long...

ebo
Unexplained Bacon

3. August 2004
Today I kicked with Paul a guy from New Mexico / USA he visits his father here in Germany. It was really nice not to have to play alone since my sister and Bjoern both don't had time. And it's always interesting to see somebody else style. Paul hit Hop Over Swirl and Butterfly Swirl :)
After work my legs are always really sore :( But anway it was an cool session. In one run I hit Toe and Clipper Set Double Legover both bsos!
And 10 Infinities :D Paul and I want to kick together again tomorrow, I hope Beatrice and Bjoern are avaible then! So we can have a session with 4 people :P wich is basicly our new players record ;)

ebo
Unexplained Bacon

5. August 2004
Again a session with Paul. My sister and Bjoern were also there. I injured my left knee right before playing :( but despite of that it was a really cool session.
Bjoern hit some crazy stuff for the first time. (See the new moves thread)
Beatrice was so close at hitting Smear midrun. Paul did Pixie Butterfly Swirl 8) And other cool tricks I can't remember right now. I want to upload soem of the action on video here soon. Due to my knee pains I couldn't shred that hard. But there were still some nice runs :) + I hit Butterfly > Double Legover > (Toe Set) Double Legover but only on my stongside. I really have to train that weekend.
See you next blog.

Max
Last edited by ebo on 11 Oct 2004 13:59, edited 1 time in total.

ebo
Unexplained Bacon

05. August 2004

This session rocked. Paul inspired me to try some new moves that
I considered unhittable - I finally hit Torque, I hit a superclean Terrage
and Butterfly Swirl. Also, I hit Ripwalk bsos, and had Blur bsos off my
foot in the same run. I also hit Pixie Dyno for the second time, on
command :) .

ebo
Unexplained Bacon

Post by ebo » 11 Oct 2004 14:00

07. August 2004

Paul and me had another session. I thought I'd play like crap because I
was partying the night before with shitloads of beer and Ouzo, and merely
got 5 hours of sleep. Still, the session went well, we ended up playing 2
hours, and I hit some new stuff:

Pixie Eclipse
Pixie Spinning Clipper
Flipside smear
(shame on me, I never did anything for my flip pixie before..)
and Datw and terrage in one run.

At the end of the session, Paul hit Mobius SUPERCLEAN first try. We were
both soo stoked. Later on, while waiting for the S-Bahn, we shredded
again, and Paul hit Torque>Torque first try..insane shit. an elderly woman
gave us 5 euros because she was so impressed..we played like shit,
but it still impressed her quite :)

ebo
Unexplained Bacon

Post by ebo » 11 Oct 2004 14:00

09th August 2004

Max and me had a 1 1/2 hour session. We had an appointment with
a guy from a radio broadcast agency. They do all sorts of radio
reports that every radio station in Bavaria can check out and "buy",
if they want, and this guy did a report on Footbag after reading the
article with in the Sueddeutsche Zeitung newspaper a couple of days
ago. So I'm not sure if the report will ever be broadcast, but
it could be that several station all over bavaria air it. We'll probably
have an mp3 of the report on our website soon.

Anyway, the session for me was pretty low, my calfs were hurting,
and I had already given up the session, when at last I managed
to hit 5 consecutive Ducking Clippers, twice! I've had a record of 4 for
over a month now and never managed to get beyond that. My
duckings are slowly progressing :)
Also hit Dyno midstring, which was 'the' according to Max, but still.

Max hit a lot of Pixie bsos stuff, like Dimwalk bsos, Magellan bsos and
stuff like that. [/b]