dustin's footbag stuff

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
crazydwarf
Egyptian Footgod

Re: dustin's footbag stuff

Post by crazydwarf » 11 Mar 2013 09:03

Davis was nice, I kicked on Friday with Dave. We found a nice spot with a great surface so that was fun. I hit...

more flip double downs it's nice being able to do these with relative ease now
12 contacts of legbeater > ripwalk > blur rpt.
toe blenders and dynos. I never do these from toe so that's kinda cool
lots of atomsmasher > paradon, I really like that combo now
some good flip nuclear
spinning ducking butter > spinning ducking osis midstring
zoom > spinning ducking osis, I haven't been able to duck out of the zoom before
some nice inspins
Dustin Rhodes

crazydwarf
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazydwarf » 11 Mar 2013 21:33

Dave Brian and me session. 4th day in a row kicking for dave and his regular playing is showing. For me...

mobius > ripwalk (just wanted to step out of moubious)
gyro osis > ripwalk rpt
nuclears are so nice on one side and getting better on the other
spinning drifter
lots of illusion practice... I'm so bad at them :(
spinning whirls and ducking whirls both sides one run
Dustin Rhodes

crazydwarf
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazydwarf » 12 Mar 2013 20:23

Tuesday with

worked a bunch on illusion form. Can't do it like pdx mirage where you hop and dex you must dex then hop
blurry whirl > blurry drifter
pdx drifter > blurry whirl
blurry drifter > pdx torque
some nice long runs
drifters are finally feeling good
blurry illusion > pardon rpt.
Dustin Rhodes

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 13 Mar 2013 08:01

crazydwarf wrote:blurry illusion > pardon rpt.
Prop on being so polite.

crazydwarf
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazydwarf » 13 Mar 2013 21:16

yep I the'd the blizzard so I had to apologize for it for the next trick. Then I repeated it.

Dave, Brian, and I session. Dave's played 6 of the last 7 days, he's on a roll (brian's also played 6 of the last 7 to now that I think about it).

Illusion practice
gyro/spin practice. I realize I shouldn't be thinking of these as different sets, they should be the same set.
some good inspins
some weird rakey tricks I guess
overall lots of ok play and style but nothing really that stands out
Dustin Rhodes

crazydwarf
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazydwarf » 17 Mar 2013 22:34

played saturday. Good shred with Steve, Alex, Conner, and Derek. Conner unfortunately rolled an ankle. Other then that people had pretty good sessions I think. Derek is way better then the last time I saw him.

spinning whirls bothsides felt good
nuclear illusion new 5
whirlwind new 6
an easy spender (I only tried the 1)
atomic was doing well
illusions were pretty bad
stepping ducking was good. I haven't done this in so long it was weird that it was going well. I feel like it just randomly comes some sessions, but possibly my legs are getting stronger.
even if its not to hard I love the combo dyno > reverse whirl
flip mobious is another first I think
strong mobious felt strong
torque > blurry whirl > torque > ripwalk. Stepping out of torque is hard for me.
blurry whirl felt on
Dustin Rhodes

crazydwarf
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazydwarf » 20 Mar 2013 09:50

Another good session. I'm hitting everything I want to but I need to incorporate new components into my runs. More barrages, dlos, gyro/spinning legovers and mirages, dynos/blenders

new 6! blurry whirling rake. I've been wanting this one for a long time and I hit it second try yesterday.
hit whirlwind again easily. I'm close on flip but didn't hit it yet
hit a couple double spins. I can get it whenever the set is good but most of the time I just freak out on the set. My strong double spin set is similiar to my weak spin set in that I freak out on both of them.
mobious bsos a couple times again. These are feeling good
torque * 3 easily into a run. I never used to be able to do multiple torques so this is good for me. I'm not sure how many I could do now. 5?
barfly > barfly > infinity > infinity * 4 a couple times. I'm really just working on flip barfly and this is a good way for me to get barfly > barfly better.
steeping ducking was still good
matador > infinity > matador. flip matador is getting better
a long steeping run with bws and blurriests in the middle. It's nice to be able to throw these to vary things up. I wanted a ripped warrior in there but dropped on it.
Dustin Rhodes

crazydwarf
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazydwarf » 21 Mar 2013 21:52

thursday session with everyone but Brians legs were super sore from blading, alex pulled a groin, and steves knee was giving him problems so I did a ton of drilling. I need to master some more fundamentals before I can push my game up at this point so....

100 illusions (I'm so bad at these. I don't really even like them but I'd like flails and eggbeaters so I guess I need to learn them :( maybe they'll help with quantum or something? )
100 flip gyro mirages
100 barflys (yay! I got barfly *6 beating out my last record of 4!)
100 barrages (good side is good, bad side does my bad whirl habbit of setting behind me so the first dex is not super clean and the second is a bit under the butt. I hate that style)
100 dlos (staying on my toes more for these so that's good. I hate when people dlo under their butt so I've been paranoid about that and setting it to far in front of me which makes me swing my legs out and land on my heels)

should have done some dyno/blender/inspinning training probably but I was beat after doing these. Next time.

I've probably hit it before but I hit blurry dlo in only a few tries today which is good for me. Also pdx dlo bsos which is also good for me. I don't know why dlo's and eggbeaters give me such a ridiculous amount of trouble...
Dustin Rhodes

crazydwarf
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazydwarf » 24 Mar 2013 09:43

laid back session with brian, steve, and I. I didn't do much except try to figure out what I'm doing wrong with illusion. Illusion is the most basic trick I still have trouble with and I've always felt likemy form was wrong for it even though I can hit it fine. It's actually kind of weird. It's such an easy trick at this point that I can hit it even with really bad form, which means that doing more difficult stuff like eggbeater where I needed to have good from helped to show what was bad.

The problem ended up being that I was dexing in front of my support leg when I needed to open up my hips and dex way out to the side more. That lets me close the dex and get down to the ground in time. When I was dexing in front of my support leg I couldn't close the dex without kicking myself so I was doing this weird little hop to switch the places of my support leg and dexing leg after the move was almost finished. This timing was not really right for the catch though.

The way I know it worked is I hit pdx egg > handcatch * 3. Having only done like 2 pdx eggs' in my life before this was great for me. Yay! Also barrages and dlos were doing well from thursday.
Dustin Rhodes