The Ottawa Footbaggers United (ya we are cool)

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
vanderwax
Multidex Master

Post by vanderwax » 14 Mar 2005 15:54

Man, you are just some punk who likes to come and play hacky sack with me and the peoples champion while we freestyle. What's this nonsense about you quitting the CCFC anyways? You were never even in it to begin with. So if you 'quitting' the CCFC means that I don't have to see your ugly face anymore than good.
Daniel G. 'Vanderwax'
'The head of state has called for me, by name, but I don't have time for him.'

vanderwax
Multidex Master

Post by vanderwax » 30 Apr 2005 11:33

Dearest Footblog, it has been too long since I have last written in you. However, fear not, I would never allow you to move onto the 3rd page of Blogs.

Rest assured, I am still playing footbag. Although occasionally, and for the most part without Lavers on, at least I still play. It really has been too long since I last shred with my Lavers on, on 420 under the Rideau bridge, TOFU and KFM stylez to be exact.

Lately the weather has been surprisingly crappy for shred - copious amounts of rain translates itself into seemingly neverending wet pavement and ground. But that is ok, I seem to do a lot of circle kicking, just with random people I met instead. Most people in Orleans are really starting to learn about footbag, although most of them don't play, they just kick. It is still cool that all my friends spred the word of shred and appropriately refer to hacky sack and footbag now.

I haven't really hit anything new or too special. I am still trying to drill tiltless as much as I can, until it is second nature to me. But, I really shouldn't go too long without shredding, Lavers styles, as I find that really puts a damper on my progress. It's still cool though, one thing I like about footbag as that as long as you are playing you never get worse. I either don't progress, or progress at a slow rate.

I have hit some new moves though, although they weren't mid string it was still cool to hit these for the first time: paradon (on 420, 2x in a row), pixie ss osis, pixie opp osis, pixie illusion, ripwalk (one time only). I also footed pheonix about 20 times or so, it'll be cool whever I finally hit that trick.

I need to keep drilling my (left) flipside pixies, they are taking forever to get to come in. I drill them all the time, and they rarely go waist high, definately not high enough to hit a move out of. Well sometimes I can hit dimwalk or parkwalk, but they are pretty weak. It's just shitty cause my strong pixie came in so fast and I am not really having problems getting the bag to soar! I also want to be able to hit pixie moves midstring, BAH! I guess it'll come with more practice...

Sickest combo I ever hit: pixie ss osis>pdx mirage. Hitting it kinda overwhelmed be, causing me to lose footing and go over on my ankle. It still doesnt feel 100% but whatever.

TOFU MEMBERS! I AM CALLING YOU OUT. SHRED THIS WEEK. CAROLYN YIPPPPP BDAY STYLEZ ON TUESDAY!!

vanderwaxout.
Daniel G. 'Vanderwax'

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 01 May 2005 08:39

we gotta have a bday shred sesh, and get MAT out here too..!!
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 02 May 2005 18:55

TOFUSHRED end of August.. We must speak immediately.
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

vanderwax
Multidex Master

Post by vanderwax » 07 May 2005 14:25

SWEET! Last nite I sealed Pheonix for the first time ever!

I wasn't wearing Lavers, I wasn't wearing shorts, I wasn't even sober. I was outside drinking beers with some friends, enjoying the beautiful weather when we all decided to do some circle kicking. There was one dude there who had never seen freestyle and so my friend Steve told me to show him my best moves. I was drunk and in no state of mind to try and hit strings, so I was just doing single moves: Pixieosis, dimwalk, parkwalk, plo. The guy was impressed and Steve told me to bust out Pheonix - a move that I have footed approximately 516484617854121524854 times. So I try the move and BANG! First attempt and I sealed it!! Good times, all my friends starting cheering and then we drank more beer.

That is my story.
Daniel G. 'Vanderwax'

vanderwax
Multidex Master

Post by vanderwax » 12 May 2005 07:30

I hung out with Dr Seath yesterday. We had a pretty good shred sess at the tennis courts by my house. I must say that, after trying on his new balance 420's, they are AWESOME. I tried to steal them and also simply telling Ryan that I would not give them back, but eventually he got pissed and told me to give him has damn shoes back. Nonetheless we had a pretty good shred session. I used my lavers and his 420's.

Highlights:
pixieosis>pdx mirage
a run with pdx mirage bsos
atomic osis
a super clean paradon
pheonix
drifter
spinning clipper
I also had some pretty nice flipside pixie sets, I think I hit flipdimwalk.
There was also several attempts at flip pheonix which I think I will hit soon too...
We also worked on some 'waxing' moves.
Daniel G. 'Vanderwax'

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 12 May 2005 10:51

waxing is the greatest ever..
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

vanderwax
Multidex Master

Post by vanderwax » 11 Jul 2005 19:38

It has been quite some time since I last posted in this footblog. Rest assured modified.ca, I have been continuing my progress at footbag.

The TofuJam was a great event and also the first time I had ever been to any sort of tourny before. Until it all went down I had only ever seen a few footbaggers play in one circle. This was A LOT different, there were always a bunch of circles going on at the same time. I really enjoyed how anyone was able to join any circle regardless of skill level. I think this kindness can do wonders to anyones kindness. Only in footbag can I directly play with people who are among the best at the sport.

My shred was pretty good. Not great, but consistent tiltless. I was hitting all the basic 2's midstring as best as I could: lo,atw,mirage,illusion,clip,butter, well you know them all... My pixie sets were also doing pretty well. A few times I was able to bust out dimwalk/pixiessclip/pixieopclip/pixieosis midstring. Those for me are HUGE tricks! I was also pretty consistent with my osisisisiiss, usually hitting butterfly or far legover afterward.

I really enjoyed meeting a bunch of new footbaggers. Everyone was very nice and laidback... i especially liked chillin with Johnny Suderman for the weeked - He crashed at my buddies house for the entire weekend. Me and my buddy Riaz showed him around Orleans which is a totally shitty little town but I guess interesting for someone who has never been here. I can say, in all honesty, his personality is even more bomb than his shred (which is totally off the hook btw). I also really liked the toronto kickers. Come to think about it I also really liked rocherstarians, montrealiars and the lone edmontonian who came out too. I think that covers everyone. If it doesnt, I dont like you. KIDDING!

So there actually is a point to my post today. I chilled with Riaz, my good buddy/footbag amigo. It was a really long and intense session. There is a very cool and beautiful girl that I really like, who I had been seeing for the whole summer and she had broken it off with me about a week ago, without much explanation. I really missed her, and so today I tried as hard as possible to get her back, but alas, sometimes people cannot overcome inner conflict in order to pursue happiness. I dont blame her and I know I should look forward - Find someone else who is awesome and who also shares a good wavelength/zest for life as I do. Still though, I was feeling down and in need of a good solid shred session.

We kicked, the two of us, for about 2 hours. That is a VERY long session by my standards and I tried to push myself as hard as possible (my legs are KILLIN ME) but the payoff was good. I had a few goals that I wanted to attain by the end of the session, first time runs for me.

butterfly>paradox mirage repeat. I tried this one about 50 times. The closest I was able to get was footing the final mirage... So I am VERY close. I actually footed the final moves on both sides. Strange, I can hit pdx mrg both sides but apparently not in the same run. Also strange, I have hit pdx mirage bsos in a long tiltless string. Maybe it's the idea of doing a 4 contact guiltless string that's fucking with my brain. Im gonna hit this run soon though.... like 571385731 contacts of it.

osis>far osis REPEAT. Osification is the sexiest thing in footbag. If I could hit this I could get any girl. Unfortunately, just as with the aforementioned string, I couldnt seal the last contact :(. I was SOOOO close SOOOO many times but whatever fuck I will hit it tomorrow or something. I love osisisisisisi though, they look so styley and EVERYONE loves a good clean osis, right?

other shit I believe worht mentioning...
pendulous sole stall, pendulououous butter. I wanna hit stepulous anything, damn that would be HOT!
Lots of paradox illusions. Though my form is a little sketchy, I find i do the dexes WAYYYYY toooo high. Thatll get better with work though.
flip pixie is coming along nicely... I hit dimwalk bsos in a run too.
hmmmm... i also wanna do some stepping shit. I practiced for about 5 minutes today. I didnt try hit any moves outta it but I just wanted to work on it so I can someday...

On a compltely unrelated note... if you have never heard the album personal journalist by sage francis than youve never experienced top quality hip hop. Sage is the MAN! I also LOVE funeral for a friend and alexisonfire too. Something about mixing screaming with soft singin that just hits me!

Anyways... if anyone reads this banter, thanks!

love vanderwax.

ps. outta curiousity, what does superbap and bops mean?
Daniel G. 'Vanderwax'

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 11 Jul 2005 21:23

superbap is pretty secret hush hush nonsense.
Bops haha i dont even know. I should.. I will edit this and remove this line when i find out. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA AAAAHHHA HAHAHAHA

Wax. Come to peatrie island tomorrow around 2, we'll shred the bag fantastic.
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

vanderwax
Multidex Master

Post by vanderwax » 11 Jul 2005 22:03

Seath wrote:superbap is pretty secret hush hush nonsense.
Bops haha i dont even know. I should.. I will edit this and remove this line when i find out. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA AAAAHHHA HAHAHAHA

Wax. Come to peatrie island tomorrow around 2, we'll shred the bag fantastic.
Can't man. School from 230-530. Shredigeness tomorrow nite too?

And what happened to our banners or whatever? All I see is a window with an x in the corner. Did you get drunk and delete it ryan? DID YOU?!?!
Daniel G. 'Vanderwax'

vanderwax
Multidex Master

Post by vanderwax » 18 Oct 2005 14:50

Been awhile since I made a post so time for updates! Im still drilling my clippers every chance I get... Working consecutive butterflies too. I see the importance of this for a balanced shred so im working on it as much as possible. I took a bit of a break from shred (a few weeks or so) and when I came back I was feelin pretty rusty. It took me a while to hit basic drills that I could do in my sleep. Flip mirage and flip illusion finally came back but I literally had to try them many times to get the motion back.

So now Im playing every nite before I go to bed for a bit. I find shredding really hard for like 15-20 minutes every nite makes me exhaused and also improves my skills since it makes me play everyday.

Cool new shit hit in the last little while:
pixielegover>atw repeat
pixie legover>pixie legover
pixie pickup (strong side) pickups overall are coming easier and looking smoother
smear both sides not bsos yet though
toe dyno (hit strong side, footed flip 100x)
peaking osis> far peaking osis (like 3x ever)
osis>far osis. I can do it both sides but yet to hit repeat yet
datw>dimwalk (one time)
lots of parkwalks and dimwalks both sides, even bsos a few times
really smooth pixiessosis and pixieopposis. strong side is more than awesome, flipside is coming too...
17 alternating pixies (im so proud of that one)
lots of toe whirls both sides, but not from a clipper yet
footed datw flipside many many times.
paradon both sides but not bsos

IM still having a really hard go at clipper moves... I just seem to not get the set where I want get it. Pdx Mirage and Pdx Illusion will come easily one day, hopefully one day soon, but realistically probably not. I drill them all the time but my weight or timing must be off, im not really sure...

Anyways, school is super busy like always. Sociology theory and research assignments due this week. An anthropology midterm on thursday. Next week I have 2 midterms in theory and sociology of work. The week after I have another midterm in research methods and an ethonography worth 40 percent of my grade due too... Not to mention decemeber that will just hold even more madness for social psych. Only 5 weeks left for this semester the way I see it. I can always have a life after that. I met a really cool girl too, shes a sociology major too who likes beer, is cute, smart and has a great sense of humour... Really good taste in music too, OOoooOOoOOOo.

So since Seath left Ottawa shred sessions have been too far and inbetween. Riaz and I hang out but since its gotten colder, less shred. I met about 6 people who seemed interested in learning, there was even one dude who could hit around the world bsos but everytime I organize shred every single person seems to bail last minute. Mat Larocque is around somewhere... I think he is still injured but hopefully I can meet up with him sometime, he is pretty sick. Pretty much everytime Seath comes down to visit we organize shred but something happens last minute and it never happens DAMMIT! :roll: Riaz is kicking ass too... his style is developing nicely and he is rolling wiht some smooth tiltless shit

Well hopefully some people read this and say whats up! Im nice I swear!!!

shreddinhard,
dvanderwax.
Daniel G. 'Vanderwax'

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 23 Oct 2005 22:43

Fuck you, you're a dick.
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 23 Oct 2005 22:46

But seriously,

That was a nice sesh at Adriennes man. I can definitely see your control improving.

Man you should have been at Carolyns on Saturday. 17 of us took a shower. Jamaican style :D:D

Looks like next time I'm in Ottawa will be November 10th, but its still possible that that wont happen, but we'll see.

Oh ya I forgot to tell you, but I thought you'd be interested, I sprayed TOFU on one of toms walls, gotta represent man.
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

Sidi||TOFU
Shredalicious

Post by Sidi||TOFU » 25 Oct 2005 13:06

That's wicked that u sprayed that hahah! Hope he isn't too pissed off 8) Thanks for the compliment Daniel, its much appreciated Von Douche! I want to hit pixie legovers and all-the-walk moves hahaa I understand PDX now....I probably should have just asked instead of trying to figure it out from footbag.org! The sessions have been less frequent, something which must definitly change....! I still practice solo....I hate winter....let the hibernation begin.... :roll:
Riaz Sidi -- This post was brought to you by the good folks at TOFU: The Ottawa Footbaggers United

vanderwax
Multidex Master

Post by vanderwax » 25 Oct 2005 13:34

yo riaz we should just shred soon man... whenever im done my midterms... maybe friday daytime hours if you arent working. oh wait - yea you are working and we are going drinking after haha... and dude, feel free to post in my blog if you want i can always change it to the TOFU blog. pixie legover would be siiiick lemme know ifg you hit it bro

seath. i dont smoke weed anymore remember! good job on spreadin tofu to moshers wall man and thanks for the compliments it means a lot! im seriously shredding everynite before bed. last nite i had pixiessmirage>pixielegover>footed dimwalk! that woulda been a sick3 right there!!! i also hit 7 atw in a row on my flipside beating my record of two!!!!!!!!

cheers, dvanderwaxxx

november 10th = tofu reunion.

ps RIAZ YOU DONT HAVE TO WAIT FOR RYAN TO GET A NEW BAG I HAVE LIKE 6 OF HIS BAGS IN MY ROOM SO JUST GET ONE FROM ME AND PAY RYAN WHEN YOU SEE HIM NEXT OK THANK YOU.
Daniel G. 'Vanderwax'

Sidi||TOFU
Shredalicious

Post by Sidi||TOFU » 25 Oct 2005 15:37

Please can i post in your blog......? haha Of course I will continue to post in your blog! and I will also grab a footbag off you! Yeah Ryan don't worry I am still blazing....again....!
Riaz Sidi -- This post was brought to you by the good folks at TOFU: The Ottawa Footbaggers United

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 25 Oct 2005 17:19

haha just so you guys know november 10th is potentially the day I return, I may not return that day and return another day... return return
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

vanderwax
Multidex Master

Post by vanderwax » 25 Oct 2005 17:41

tofu reunion cancelled on the 10th cause ryan is a sketchy von douche!
Daniel G. 'Vanderwax'

Jdigges
Flower Child

Post by Jdigges » 27 Oct 2005 08:53

vanderwax wrote:ryan is a sketchy von douche!
word. haha
Josiah Digges

Embassy Footbag Crew

Sidi||TOFU
Shredalicious

Post by Sidi||TOFU » 28 Oct 2005 10:34

That reminds me Dan....we never ended up getting those 'Von Douche' shirts from Big Bud's which ignited the ongoing von douchery....!