The Darkshredder's struggle

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Darkshredder
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Darkshredder » 13 May 2009 16:29

toe blenders and flip DODs, shoddy terrages and soul crushingly lame STRONGside spinning whirls

that's my world in the last few days. I realized I could do toe blenders adn that they were much easier than regular blenders whilst cooking tuna helper in my brother's kitchen. Makes sense. I technically hit flipside toe blender about 4 years ago. Why it's taken me almost 4 years to hit it on my other side and REGULAR blender. . .well we won't get into that.

Game testing is fun. One of my floor leads has a boba fett hooded sweatshirt. None of you will believe me but it's shockingly tiring coming home from work after sitting in front of a computer debugging a video game for 7 hours straight so I'm having a hard time juggling everything. Footbag, testing, my own editing, and writing this bizarre short story. It's been a rough couple weeks. And I'm really really surprised I'm sitting in front of this computer screen right now.

If you'll excuse me, I need to take a walk around the block and maybe slip on the quantums. If I can maintain an hour shred, 6 or 7 days a week I think I'll be okay. . . maybe. It'll suck. We'll see.
Pat Thomsen
Syracuse, New York - The connecting point to footbaggers in the NE and Canada. We make pancakes and air conditioners.

Darkshredder
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Darkshredder » 27 May 2009 18:55

so I was kicking the bag around with a strange skater guy at a park I shred at and he knew it as footbag and knew what stepping and osis was. So we had a nice chat about skating and footbag. I saw my chance to try and make a point I've wanted to express for quite some time (probably since year 1.2 of my time in footbag) which is that footbag has better trick names than skating. So the great debate began.

It lead to me explaining how reasonable and food-oriented footbag tricks were. Started at green eggs and ham. Then porque (then we got talking about physics in footbag. dyno, torque, gyro, etc) and I finally got to my favorite duo: blender and food processor (makes me laugh every time).

It led me to explain what a whirl was. So after hitting the slowest dexing dyno over and and over and over I got to the whirl.

whirl x 5 (while explaining the difference between stepping and whirling since it confused him and spurred a fourth debate) > blender > osis > blender > hand catch > ripwalk > ripwalk > blender (see where I was going with this?)

it was by far the blending highlight of my life. It's awesome that I was right about blender. Took me so long to hit and now it's really not that bad. I'm not afraid of it anymore. And that whole explanation just confirmed it.

So a pat on the back, I guess.

I've been taking the last two days off since I hurt myself pretty badly a week ago fake parkouring with a friend of mine and I had a muscle spasm in my back that I was playing footbag through. Not good. I'm surprised it's only taken a day of video games and rum to take away the pain. It was bad news. But I'll get back on the shredwagon tomorrow and see if I can hit the following links:
:arrow: Symp bubba > tripwalk bsos (josh's video is the shit. Go watch it on youtube if you haven't already. . . I met that guy like 4 years ago)
:arrow: gyro hatchet. Actually I just thought of that in between breaths but it sounds like a good idea. So I'll try it.
:arrow: flip gyro flail. I hit this for the first time maybe 5 or 6 days ago. May have been thin. But I doubt it, actually. I should do it a few more times. Felt good.

This post brought to you by cell shaded graphics and combo breakers.

Pat Thomsen
Syracuse, New York - The connecting point to footbaggers in the NE and Canada. We make pancakes and air conditioners.

Darkshredder
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Darkshredder » 30 May 2009 20:11

This is my birthday post.

FYI: I hit gyro hatchet and flip gyro flail the other day. I couldn't hit symp bubba > tripwalk (at least bs. .. I didn't mean to write "bsos") because I realized my flip symp bubba really hurts and I land it wrong so I decided that I shouldn't break my shin 20 minutes into the session. I'll work on it and make the landing a little more balanced and stronger. Then I'll hit the link. I need it. I need more intense strings. I hate playing and having people walking by thinking I'd make a good dancer. I'd rather play and have people say "damn. you're not supposed to be able to do that." . . well, both, really. But I'd rather them say the latter first.

I didn't play today because I've been too busy going to LA art exhibits and listening to the foo fighters with my brother.

I need new shoes. My strongside shoe is literally splitting in half. Oh quantums. No worries, Planet Footbag. You'll get it right one of these years. I'll be there for it.
Pat Thomsen

Darkshredder
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Darkshredder » 10 Sep 2009 22:16

So I had a conversation with a co-worker today, though it felt more like an argument (one in which we both agreed with each other. . . strange). It all started when she brought up the fact that she finally got a chance to unicycle with her roommate the other day and realized just how much she missed it and how much it sucks that she works three jobs and gets no time for ANY hobbies whatsoever. So she complained a bit. Then the topic grew into people tending to become to content within their own cycle of waking up, working, eating, and going to bed. TV doesn't even really seem to be much of an option anymore.

So she talked about unicycling and I talked about how I decided to get back into footbag recently and have somehow found two hours of my day to spend dancing around a bag.

Adidas is crazy and they're making lavers wrong. Anyone else notice that moddingi them doesn't seem to work anymore? Or have I just forgot how to mod mesh lavers. I guess it HAS been like 3+ years since I used actual mesh lavers (leather lavers peel away like nothing). So after a shot mod job, I took the exacter knife to everything and just cut the whole thing up and stitched the walls and toe box with facile. It had heard of players doing this long ago and I thought I'd give it a shot. So far so good, I suppose, but I'm going to have to make some new stitches and close some things up. I didn't do too well of a job.

So I slowly worked back into the game over the last few weeks and I'm pretty confident I'm back to where I was. . . like a year ago. . . and I'll try to play like I used to - about 6 days a week, 2 hours a session. It works. My body shuts down right around an hour and 40 minutes from solo shred so 2 hours is pretty solid for me.

So some things from today:
:arrow: stepped from farside symple dyno. Haven't done that in ages. I can still remember the session I had Halloween night some year back where I hit ducking far symple dyno for the first time. I was scaring people away with my angry Finnish metal music. Good times.
:arrow: pdx whirl > pdx torque > blender
:arrow: 20 or more contacts of crazy amounts of zooming and frigid stuff. I hit zulu clipper b2b in the middle of this to a ripwalk which felt real stylish.
:arrow: I think I figured out a good way to hit flip tomahawk. Got it to where I hit three on command. Felt good and easy.
:arrow: A few real controlled strings with toe torque bsos.
:arrow: Eggbeaters were so far off today for whatever reason, but in the haze of the 1hr30min mark I footed diving bubbabeater. Hilarious.

I'm still working at 2K Games on a game that'll be released in a couple weeks. I have no idea why we're still on overtime. My eyes hate me. You have no idea how much I hate this game. Will I still go on Xbox Live and yell at all the people playing for buying it and show them glitches the developers decided not to fix. . . . yes. . yes i will. And that's 1000 gamer points I've achieved at least a dozen times (or else I'm fired) so it'll be an easy 1000 for my own gamerscore.

that is all. GOOD DAY TO YOU ALL. :mrgreen:
Pat Thomsen

Darkshredder
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Darkshredder » 19 Mar 2010 07:03

Is it possible for a person to play this game for so long, get so comfortable with tricks, that they actually forget how to suck at a concept? What if they mistake "suckiness or a bad day" for "needing to practice and try/drop/try/drop/try/drop"?

I'm reminded of the fateful day in the abandoned basement lounge at Nazareth College where I decded to learn my flipside clipper. Dropping was all I did for almost two hours straight, but give me the bag now and if I drop for five minutes on a trick or a concept I'll just move on.

This is probably the most important realization I've come to in Footbag. Came to me about 7 or 8 months ago but it's not like I post at Modified all that much.

Needless to say I've been making a change in the way I think about this game, coupled with the fact that I've almost completely lost the spark or the love for it I once had. I still play, I have fun, but it's not because I'm a footbag player. I have a pretty sedenatary lifestyle otherwise and I need to get my mind off things for some hours. Now if people who walk by ask me if I'm exercising I can actually honestly say yes to them.

I watched a Cale/Eoghan video yesterday and then took advantage of great weather to shred a bit. Not a bad session, but the wind was a crazy bitch. I saw Eoghan hit gyro blender, something he's been hitting for a while and makes it look really easy and fun. I wanted to see if I can do it. I can using my flipside blender. It's a really satisfying trick. I think I need to tone it down a bit and set it a little lower. It's going to be another day about in the 60s so I'll try it again and see if I can't get it both sides.

I'm not hitting any highlights since I'm still recovering from shin splints, probably due to taking the longest break I've ever had (including when I was just a hacky slacker). No highlights, really, but I AM doing some wonky things with gyro knee bumps. Like gyro knee ss clipper repeated midstring. I think gyro knee ss symp mirage or flail would look stylie as hell. It'll come when I feel comfortable with symp again. Till then my shin's like hell no.

If anyone plays Borderlands or Bioshock 2 they can feel free to watch the credits and they'll see my name listed under QA Testers. I don't recommend watching the Borderlands credits, though, since it's boring. At least Bioshock displays rad concept art that never made it to the game, which is just a tragedy. Some of those drawings are amazing.

peace.
Pat Thomsen

abstract
Fearless

Post by abstract » 19 Mar 2010 11:47

i hope the first line of your QA report was, "Where the fuck is Ken Levine?"

j/k, awesome job on the credits & glad to hear you're still kicking!
greg raymond, kingston

FB: Rocker Holliday

"What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into an icy river to save a solid gold baby? Maybe we'll never know." - Jack Handey

Darkshredder
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Darkshredder » 20 Mar 2010 22:08

haha I have no idea how in a world of gamers so fixed on visuals a game like Bioshock 2 has done as well as it has. We were figuring it would score at most an 8 or so on IGN and Metacritic and we thought Kotaku would hopefully see through the BS of it being a cash cow. At least if Levine was a part of the sequel the story would've been more than just a 59.99 expansion pack. Ugh. But don't get me started. I was just happy to get back to Borderlands and help out on the DLC before I quit. A breath of fresh air to say the least.

Played again for about the 5th day in a row which is good progress for having taken the time off - in my opinion. It was petty fun. I think I'm almost back up to par so I was trying to push myself a bit by hitting awkward hip combos like blurry whirl > symp whirl > pdx drifter.

Same leg double dexes were feeling pretty on as well and I felt like at one point I was close to hitting plasma. More on that as the story develops.

Frantic and quantum in general is moving along alright, but I'd like someone to tell me if I'm as low as I think I am when I hit a trick out of it. Quantum ss mirage and toe blur just seem so rushed to me. After the setting dex I have to bend my planted leg quite a bit to get in the miraging (and or illusioning, if you will) dex. Just feels awkward and not as cool as others make it seem. But whatever. That's what I'll figure out at GRASS I guess.

My shins still suck. I need to drink more milk or something.

By the way, as a heads up for east coast players, I'm a viable character in upcoming events for the next few years since I'm shooting for a Masters in Computer Art and Transmedia (design) at Syracuse University or an Undergrad degree in Game Design and Development at RIT. So I'll be around for. .. . forever.

www.myspace.com/sabrepulse
- some pretty sweet electronic / almost break beat music (but better. God I hate break) done using a GameBoy. For those of us with dusty SNES and Segas in our basements we break out and play every three years or so.

Secret of Mana is a badass game, by the way. :roll:
Pat Thomsen

Darkshredder
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Darkshredder » 26 Mar 2010 12:59

My session got cut short by someone who thought I was playing too close to a glass wall in an office building. Unfortunate, since I could tell it was going to be a good one. First energy drink I've had in months and my double downs and spins were feeling hella tight and controlled. So it lasted only about a half an hour. Lamesos. :roll:

I find it funny how some tricks require more thought and control than neurosurgery and some you just have to remember to point your toes up and to land squarely so you don't hurt yourself.

Par Example ? ? ?

reactor ? HARD AS SHIT! This trick has been a black mark on my patella as well as my mental health for about two years now. I can hit it (meh. . . ) but my god. I feel like I deserve a fucking medal every time I do and seal it with something other than a toe stall.

dimmiest / dimmier ? Um. These I'm guessing you could do on accident before you even hit datw. Like if you are going for a dimwalk and just sort of grunt or spaz out with your butterfly leg there's a decent chance you'll hit dimmiest.

Now take what I say with a grain of salt, all of you. My process of how to play this game is anything but normal. These are just some thoughts I've had over the last few sessions since I've been working on getting some intensity into my game as well as getting some double downing tricks diaed.

:arrow: stepping symple swirl. . . Pretty sure this is new. But it felt vaguely familiar.
:arrow: pixie gyro pickup. . Not new. But after seeing it a few times in the Symposium section I decided to check it out for myself. It's fun and I'm glad people are starting to do pixie gyro stuff. Ben Rea and I used to tinker with it back in the day. He was better :oops:

ps: It's been kinda fun coming back to this forum. I've been reading a lot of posts by Erik Chan and Matt Cross and Jeremy O'Wheel and Reid and g'ah so many awesome players who have a lot of insight and interesting things to say about this sport. They rule. I'm really glad that GRASS is happening AND there's a great chance I can make it. I'm incredibly rusty but I think seeing Doug's vast improvements as well as the rest of the NE repping at a really chill event will give me a kind of resurrection of spirit. It'll be like green tea Arnold Palmer.
Pat Thomsen

hrdcorethndr1
Shredaholic

Post by hrdcorethndr1 » 28 Mar 2010 11:35

Where are you hailing from these days? I know your profile says Central New York, but whereabouts eh?
Zachary Morgan

Darkshredder
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Darkshredder » 28 Mar 2010 13:03

I'm living in East Syracuse. :twisted:

Probably will be for a while especially if I end up going to school at SU.

Only footbag news is that I bought a knee band/brace thing. I seem to remember hating these things a while back. But it had been way too bulky and scratchy and the fine folks who made it didn't have the whirl dex in mind. This new one fits a lot better and it's been fun not worrying about my knee screaming at me halfway through a session.
The only thing is back in the day I only had my left knee bother me. Now it's both, really. :roll: So that's sad and everything. I'm not sure how I can go from playing fine then come out of a cross country road trip with BOTH knees just completely pussing out on me. I didn't even play during the trip (though I tried to get away for an hour or two a few times). Ooooh well. I'll manage.

Didn't play today. But I feel like eating some chinese food and then doing a little bit of barefoot skooling of my fairy set and of course the on-going struggle to get my flip atomic to feel easy and fun.

What I plan on hitting: (PLAN! Some people get confused when I do this. These aren't highlights)
:arrow: duck an atomic (just thought of that. Never tried before)
:arrow: skool fairy dlo
:arrow: atomic egg? It'll be a new trick if I can. I've hit atomic dlo before about a year or so ago. That was fun. Haven't hit it since. I should get on that.

I'm probably going to be playing to a Clint Eastwood movie. My mom went to the Ellen Show when they visited in LA and she got a boxset for attending. 35 Clint Eastwood movies! It's so great.

edit: Yay so I hit atomic egg. Almost got it flip. Actually footed it on flip before I hit it strongside. Really isn't bad. The thing I find about tricks ending in dlo or eggbeater is that my problem isn't the set, whatever it is. It's just the fact that my downtime game tends to be very inconsistent. So I've been working with them for a while now and I can totally see myself busting pigbeater and this atomic eggbeater midstring soon enough. Completely forgot to try and duck an atomic haha. I should've wrote it down or something.
Pat Thomsen

Darkshredder
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Darkshredder » 04 Apr 2010 13:14

: 1hr19min :
:arrow: schooled dyno. dyno b2b 10 times with hand catches in between and then i pretty much fell over and had to limp to the drinking fountain.
:arrow: blizzard > tripwalk rpt after a bundle of attempts.
:arrow: blurry whirl > DDD > drop on blurry whirl ( :evil: ).
:arrow: sos'd pdx dlo twice in a string without BOPs.

:arrow: my flip blender doesn't get stalled on my ankle bone more than half the time :P .
:arrow: atomic tricks can be hit midstring as long as I don't think about them. If people are as surprised at my tricks as I am, I have succeeded.
:arrow: zooming ss butter is a hard trick to feel comfortable doing, but stepping out of it is the KEWLEST.

:arrow: my knees don't hurt all the way through a session. Stretching and drinking more water is to blame.

Went to a small family reunion this weekend for Bunny-mas in good ol' Milford, PA. Talked to a cousin who I hadn't seen in a while and we talked about Borderlands. He really likes the game. So I told him fun facts, like which enemies used to be broken, the history of all the guns that didn't make the cut (GRENADE LAUNCHERS!? They're absence is probably pretty noticeable to FPS gamers, but to be honest with y'all. . . they were terrible guns)

I'm going to use the Unreal Editor to make a picture of the lake front of the camp in Milford my family has been going to since I was born. I'm thinking of getting it printing in high quality and framing it with a real picture, and then sending it to my Grandma. She'll like that - because it's from me. She probably won't understand I made it with a computer. But oh well.

So with GRASS sneaking up, I'm going to crack down on my playing and I'm thinking of going into Training Mode. Before I go there, I'd like to be at ease with my double downs and blenders and I'd like to figure out where I stand as far as a genuine tripless record. Never really thought about it until recently and I think I'll get a number in the next few sessions. I'll post it here when I do.
Pat Thomsen

Darkshredder
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Darkshredder » 10 Apr 2010 04:58

so big surprise here. Guess TRYING to hit tripless combos without a short string of guiltless is crazy hard. . .

I've been having some bad luck trying to get out and play, but the two sessions I've been able to have, though sucky, have given me an alright idea of where I stand with tripless. My tripless record stands as 8.

parkwalk > sidewalk > ripwalk > blur > pixie whirl > ducking butterfly > torque > pdx whirl > retarded drop on spinning osis.

I know I can do more. I'm pretty sure I've done more mid string using the momentum of smear or a ducking / diving combo. Ducking and diving usually are clutch for me to start hitting harder links. I just get into a flow and can start dishing out stepping shuffle and/or atomic stuff.

a pretty simple sick 3 that got me into the mood of trying for a record was legbeater > weaving butterfly > blender.

:oops:

If Footbag were a person, I think it'd be a dude in bright yellow biker shorts and lavers, with a Rage Against the Machine or System of a Down t-shirt and one of those old wispy kung fu master goutees. . . and he'd have a giant ass stick to hit you with if you ever sass him or have any amount of confidence in your abilities.

I'm going to go eat some cereal, patch my bag for another session (hopefully) today, and then I'm going to play Blazblue.

Edit:
30,000 views? Probably 27,000 of those are from me checking back to look at what I'd written and to see if I put too many smileys in my posts.

Had a session in what seemed like a wind tunnel.
TRIPLESS HIGHLIGHTS (since 8 will not stand)
:arrow: tripwalk > barfly > sidewalk > diving butterfly > spinning butterfly > pdx whirl > ripwalk > drop on blizzard. This came about really because I was curious how easy it would be to step out of barfly. Not bad. . . shrug.

:arrow: dimwalk > blur > slapdown > sidewalk > ripwalk > ducking butter b2b > barfly > worst torque I've ever done > pdx whirl > hand catch because I had a brain fart.

:arrow: 10 ducking butterflies. Nice and careful. Took a couple shots, though.

:arrow: spinning butter > ducking butter repeated . . because I want this dialed as a bail for any future tripless runs. The transition into the second spinning butter gave me such a hard time it was nuts. Oh well.

TRAINING STUFF
:arrow: bsos'd DOD a bunch more times. Slowly but surely.
:arrow: toe ss torque bsos. That's a fun trick.
:arrow: I do this thing where I do toe stall > ss osis rpt. I got up to about 12 contacts today. Good as a warm up to "feel" the bag.
:arrow: realized that flip barfly needs to be considered completely differently than strongside. I need to point my knee toward the bag and slide my weight back as I go in for the second dex much more. Keep on slapping it.

OTHER
Two guys walk by and one goes, "Ugh you're driving me nuts, dude." to which I replied, "Why's that?". Sayeth the kid, "I can't get any more footbags to practice with." . . . so it was left at that because they were walking too fast and seemed like they were on their way somewhere.

. . random.
Pat Thomsen

Darkshredder
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Darkshredder » 12 Apr 2010 16:31

My bag's dead. I played yesterday at a skatepark and had a great time. Played some really good hip hop, some Jane's Addiction (so good for shred), and some good ol' fashion hardcore punk and thrash metal. That just made me smile.

The last few sessions have been pretty so-so, but I played very seriously and intensely so it was a win as far as I'm concerned. I knew my bag was going to break up yesterday so I decided to let it and just mess around the last half hour as every set sent a slew of metal pellets flying all around. Quite spectacular.

I've got a lot of work to do getting a portfolio started/finished/submitted to go back to school and I intend to finish in these next two weeks so I'm totally fine with not hacking till GRASS. I'll get a bag there and probably use footbag as a mind eraser in between bouts of portfoliosity.

buuuut seriously - GRASS can't come soon enough. 8) :twisted: and um. . . :idea:

edit: Oh man I just perfected a "Very Hard" Hakumen twice in a row in Blazblue! I'm so happy about that. Hakumen is one of those characters in the game that got the short end of the stick in so many things, but you can tell the designers really liked him so they made him annoying and badass in some ways. He's slow as hell, hard to string combos with, but he hits harder than anything. If you do fuck up and get caught in one of his psycho combos you're probably going to be left with an inch of health. In like four attacks, too! Ugh. So needless to say I was trying really hard to keep him at a distance and either up in the air or stunned. I was using my main, Nu (V-13) who is a long range character. I'm getting good at using her as such.

I also landed an ollie on my shortboard while I took the dog out today. Aaaand I hit diving butterfly > far osis with my cellphone last night.

why am I writing all this? Because I'm really happy GRASS is happening. And Dunkin' Donuts makes really good Red Eye coffees.

8O
Pat Thomsen

Darkshredder
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Darkshredder » 20 Apr 2010 06:56

Nothing like waking up the next morning after 7+ hours of shred. My dog is 17 and has this really bad cough that wakes me up. So I fell out of bed, threw on some pants, and hobbled down the stairs only to find that the dog gate was blocking the bottom two stairs. So completely gimped out, not altogether "awake", I hopped over the gate. . . PAIN. Thoughts on

GRASS 2010:

When signing up for circle competition, I need to ASK if it includes sick 3, sick 1, weird 1, or anything else other than circle. :roll: or at least think a little more about what I want to do. I ended up going with a "not so weird" trick I've never actually hit, a sick 3 that I've hit once or twice and hadn't practiced. :P oooooh competition.

Circle was fine. Kevin Hogan is a beast and played hard. Gave Will D a run for his money the first two rounds and I thought that was funny. Doug played pretty well, too. Had a real nice smooth ducking/spinning run. Stuff he usually dishes out without a sweat in a casual circle but it was cool he could present it in a comp.

Me? Oh I had a run that lasted 5 contacts or so that was pretty decent. I was just glad it didn't ruin my mood and I was back to shredding like normal shortly after.

Memorable circles and lines?
Drew Martin, Matt Kemmer, Pete Bowler, myself. Drew's a funky kat and a cool person to play with. Matt's pretty much all business when he's shredding (with the few times I've played with him) but he's a good kid to talk to and he's really good at legball. And he can spot Patrick Swayze from a mile away. . . or 2 feet away from a drinking fountain :lol: . And Pete - I think he was disappointed with his shred at GRASS, but honestly when he was on he was on, busting stylie runs. He's one of those players you've gotta watch because his strings are always crazy with variety and every once in a while he'll get bored zooming and pdx torquing and he'll throw out something crazy like spender.

Doug Tank, Kevin Hogan/switched out with Matt Kemmer, John Goode. This was a really layed back circle but I was playing really well in it (I thought) we had a laugh. Jay and Jorden got on campus during this circle and Jay chilled with us while we played. That was cool. He said I'm faster. I was like 8) .

Matt Cross, Doug Tank, John Goode, Chris Dean > > > Doug Tank, John Goode > >> till like 1am.
I'm getting better calming down when epic players are in the circle. . . I think playing with Matt K and Jay helps. So I had a bunch of good strings there. It was also the first time in years I played with Chris Dean. I was definitely on and off this circle, but more often than not I was just relaxed and laying out some style and long BOPing runs. Sometimes, when the muse knocked me upside the head, I'd shred harder and some cool stuff was hit. Chris was busting pretty huge for not having kept up the 5 or 6 day a week shred of long ago. Old school ChrisDean drills and repeats.

In conclusion:
The jam was a whole lot of fun. I think I came in with a mindset that worked for me. I didn't go in thinking I'd hit new tricks, didn't even really think about records and numbers or anything. What I DID was I rep'd the fact that I'm back in the game after a pretty rocky time with this hard unforgiving sport. I'm back and I think I'm playing more confidently than ever. Now I just need to use this momentum to take a few more steps toward progression.
:arrow: new Bag. Thanks, Will T! It's sick. I can't wait for my legs to recover.
:arrow: Glad I went. I've gone from hating footbag, to playing footbag to get off the couch, to remembering how much I loved footbag, to slowly returning to seeing myself as a "footbagger" again.
:arrow: Coupled with footbag, Denny's is probably the second best thing if bagels aren't readily available.

My legs are feeling alright today. I may take a break from drawing and writing and kick a bit. :P
Pat Thomsen

Darkshredder
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Darkshredder » 20 Apr 2010 20:53

A level in Unreal I'm making with my friend. I had to revamp the whole exterior (what you see before you) so you'll have to excuse how bare it seems. . . and the fact that this badass waterfall is falling into nothing. I'll get there eventually.

Pat Thomsen

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 21 Apr 2010 06:40

I like ska and punk rock. I consider myself one of a dying race of punks who were snuffed out of the 80s and early 90s because we weren't into the fashion trends of punk lifestyle.
I'm right there with you man! Ska is my favorite, but punk is my close second. I thought I was the only Ska/Punk kid in footbag. Good to know I'm not alone.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 21 Apr 2010 08:05

Yo Pat it was fun chilling/tearing it up with you last weekend as well. Your style is bomb.

Also your name is in the credits of bioshock 2? godamn dude next time I beat it I'll actualley watch them for that.

hope to chill with you soon.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 21 Apr 2010 11:31

7evinkogan wrote:...hope to kiss with you soon. muah muah muah
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

Darkshredder
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Darkshredder » 22 Apr 2010 07:14

Aw Pete knows he wanted the Lumberjack Slam. He was craving it soo bad. I'm sure the mango lemonade was delightful, though.

@ Nick - Thanks for the post! Actually, from my fair amount of experience wandering around to different NE jams there are a bunch of footbaggers who like (or liked) ska and punk. There was actually a video from Finland (I think) a couple years ago that had a really good ska song to it. People tend not to like it in videos, though. It's hard to use in a video. I thought it was cool, though.

@ Kevin - Yeah I was testing for Bioshock II for almost 3 months before I went back to Borderlands. I left before I could get my copy of the game so I haven't actually checked to see if they added my name. I know the pre-cert build we got didn't have my name on it and I was pissed. But a co-worker said they had updated it. So check it out! Actually . .. don't. Don't play it again. Have a friend beat it and then watch the credits. Ha, just kidding. If you liked the game, that's cool. I guess it's different working on the game. I tested the PC version, which was utter shit and broken up to practically the day it submitted (a second time. . it failed its first submission. n00bs) And working on Bioshock 2 was lame because we were on super over-time. Working 70 hours a week testing is a nightmare and I don't wish it on anybody. A co-worker had to beat the game twice in a day, once while two of us maxed out multiplayer levels, and myself and another worked on 100% completion (the worst job a tester can do. . unless you're sick and enjoy stuff like that. I had a friend who did it for Borderlands with a smile on his face).

Legbeater > gyro mirage > torque - one of the few times a toe torque seemed to flow with whatever it was I was doing.

footed symp whirling swirl. Man I hate swirls.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O_RF2mRdgI[/youtube]
Pat Thomsen

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 22 Apr 2010 08:01

what is your schedule tomorrow? I am passing through then and on sunday!
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa