Moxie

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 19 Jun 2009 12:27

Pics :) I ran out of hair gel and didn't buy anymore so I had psycho hair everytime I played footbag while over here :( Also note the monkey claw... ewe... I guess I got birdcrap karma for my comment :lol:

That bartender was the best. Australian Rules Football he was talking about. If you look at the top of the picture you can see his Magpies scarf. Usually I have to hate all magpies supporters by Australian federal law but I made an exception because he was an American following Aussie sport :D

Woo! I'm someones favourite :D hehe.

Also I feel really stupid for not wishing you a happy birthday... it was the day before, was it not? Happy belated birthday!!

Flying home tomorrow, makes me saaaad.... :cry:

"It's a punk one!" - Auntie Val, after being shown a spikey footbag

Bloggy

Challenge

Lycanthrope
BSOS Beast

Post by Lycanthrope » 19 Jun 2009 14:11

nice pics. wish i coulda been there.
Evan 'OP' Gatesman

Anne
Shredaholic

Post by Anne » 24 Jun 2009 08:25

I'll second that.. that pic looks just like Kim Mortensen.

Miss you when I see all these pictures.

Hope you're good...

Roskilde Festival is coming up next week, so I'll get to take a break from work for the sake of playing footbag, enjoying the sun, drinking beer, hanging out with cool funny people and listen to loads of music! Yeah.

Say hi to people..

-Anne

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 08 Apr 2010 08:45

I've been thinking about you recently Anne. :-)

3/13
Katya from NYC was in town and did a great job of trying to rally people in the area to kick. Unfortunately, most of what she heard was how people stopped playing footbag due to injuries. Fortunately, her visit enabled us to get Jordan Clark, a newer player in the area, to come out to play. He and his friend Kennedy came from about 45 minutes away. Unfortunately, Kennedy saw net and fell in love. Fortunately, Jordan had contacted Abram and Brian Bear so there was still a good circle even after AJ, Kennedy and I stopped playing. I played freestyle for the first time in forever. I am amazed at how much many tricks my muscle memory remembered. I guess footbag muscles are elephants.

3/27
I played a little more freestyle with Jordan. It was mostly suggestion-giving, but it felt nice to be able to actually show him what I was talking about. He's good at taking advice, and I like talking, so we're a good match. :-)
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 29 May 2011 19:47

Moxie wrote: Months before NYJ [08] I thought to myself that if I had the chance after school, I would move to Chicago for a year. Just a year, because it's not where I see myself living in 5 years from now, but I would give just about anything to be back there with people I miss so much. Chicago and Waukegan. I would be able to hang out and kick with CIC, have them train me at 4-square [or net now 8O], and eat really greasy Chicago food. :-) NYJ this year really sealed that thought. I don't know if I'll actually be able to do it, but it's a nice thing to dream about for now.
:D

By the way, that bit of story telling you did that last night at the hotel of this past NYJ (after we all ditched Steve and his good buddy) was an event highlight for me. It's my favorite story of yours by far.
Zeke

Funny movie titles if the movie were about poop:
Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 31 May 2011 15:15

Moxie wrote:I would move to Chicago for [4] year[s].
The next time I see you, remind me to tell you about the party on the last night of the Green Cup, 2011. That's another winner of a story. Woah.
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 31 May 2011 21:35

Hey stud,
will you be here on your birthday?

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 05 Jun 2011 21:37

Naw, won't be there till mid August.

Green Cup was fun. I worked during the first two days of it; sucked, but it was one of the two mandatory work weekends all year. I was bummed that K. Alfredo S. and Mike were gone on Monday. It was sunny, but from previous years of experience, I brought a sleeping bag for warmth. I was given many compliments on the forethought.
Tuan asked, "This isn't your first rodeo, eh?"
No, it's not.

Emily Kulczyk

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 06 Jun 2011 06:14

Yeah, I was wondering where you were. It was nice seeing Fletch though. Anyway, you both have a place to crash if your moving drive takes you through Denver.